First know-what-I'm-growing-grow

ShaggyGrower

Ice Cream harvested today.

I also bud-washed the plant with a cup of lemon juice and a cup of baking soda mixed in luke warm water (24l), and then rinsed off in luke warm water (24l) & hung out to drip dry in the HPS tent with the light on and fans on them.

Trichomes are still attached (Woohoo!), and nice and shiny.

Bud_Washing_Ice_Cream.thumb.png.7874341f443766d3dbfa01d7ae0eee43.png

Happy Washing & Rinsing!

• Like 1

Quite curious too.
I know you can dilute a little h2o2 in a 20l bowl, and bath weed affected with powdery mildey (wash it afterwards, shake and dry), it sterilizes that shit and does not remove thrics. I dunno if citric acid does something to the plant, but i guess not. Thc isn't hydrosoluble, so i'm guessing unless you bathe it with butter, you're fine.
Maybe the plant absorbs some lemon particles, and when smoked give off a more potent flavour. Who knows.

Tell us Shaggy!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LedCherryBerry said:

Oh, my fault, asnwered too late. 
Next time use h2o2 instead of baking soda, it's safe. Ask Jorge.

I saw the Jorge video on h2o2 washing for powdery mildew. I've also read I'm say "Washing harvested buds or plants with a dilute H2O2 bath is not necessary unless you know there is powdery mildew or another problem. Washing buds is an extra step that can be avoided.".  That 'or another problem' is a great catch-all.

I read this: https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/bud-washing.200881/

and other info steming from that.

Will be interesting if it takes more ice-creamy :)

14 minutes ago, LedCherryBerry said:

Interesting read.
What i wonder now is, do you wash your buds right after harvest? It seems the most logical, but i'm not sure. 

Happy smoking!

Yup, chop & dunk straight away, then hang somewhere with indirect light; <70f; >45% humidity (more like 60f & 55%) and indirect airflow until they're drip-dried.  Then dry & cure as normal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShaggyGrower said:

Yup, chop & dunk straight away, then hang somewhere with indirect light; <70f; >45% humidity (more like 60f & 55%) and indirect airflow until they're drip-dried.  Then dry & cure as normal.

Good to know. 
If i ever happen to encounter issues like mold/mildew i'll wash them. You never know enough!
Thanks!

• Like 1

Ice Cream dried, and now in jars for curing.

35g very good popcorn

45g A-Buds

55g Top Colas

(remember I took off some stems to smoke while harvesting).

So, 130g total harvested (4.75 oz)

This plant was washed, rinsed & drip dried rememeber. 

One thing that has stood out is that there has been MASSIVE trichome production after their washing/dunking/drip drying-with-light/drying.  I guess the plant, being dry (dried out pot) and then dunked in water, got moisture into the buds which the plant in it's final throws created trichomes with (stress I guess).  Awesome!imageproxy.php?img=&key=cc9043a29a0f0558

DSCF4121.thumb.JPG.2d1a42f0f9d264775368372f1751de60.JPG

Happy Growing!

• Like 3

JW dried and into jars.  JW has the biggest yield so far; was the tallest plant at 90cm; and was the only one that had Miracle Grow in place of Bat Poo (as I ran out of bat poo).  She's also the most pungent with a grapefruit+ smell.  She smokes very creatively.

Only DD left to harvest. It's Day 81 of flower for this 75% Sativa with 63-70 day flowering window.  Lockouts I think caused a delay (in all of them), and trichomes are nearly ready while new calyxes are still being grown.

Current totals:

Nebula  143.50g final harvest (5.1 oz)
JW 181.3g final harvest (6.4 oz)
IC 130.55g final harvest (4.6 oz)
SS 113.20g final harvest (4.0 oz)

My initial estimate is that I managed to create ~1.5m2of canopy surface area with plant arrangement/horizontal extensions in my 1.2m2 tent, hence the increase in yield compared to expected.

Happy Growing & Smoking!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All five harvests are curing now.

DSCF4294.thumb.JPG.f90b02046d33f96c0b75add515dd41a1.JPG

Curing stabilized at 60-62% with the Boveda packs, and < 68f/20c. 

I have brought the humidity in the jars down to 62% with burping and Boveda packs.  Takes a bit of work as the Boveda packs are more used to UP humidity than take it DOWN, although they are two-way.  Hence me drying the Boveda packs out a little first, so they would have more water space to absorb water from the buds.  It seems to have worked well.

DSCF4295.thumb.JPG.6c9e94a9737df79d8a8e5402d9b731c0.JPG

Again, never let dried buds get > 68f/20c and <55% humidity or your terps (flavour/smell) will evaporate.  Many people dry their buds too much I think before they put them into jars, thus the outside of the bud is < 55% humidity and >68f/20c and thus that outside of the bud loses terps.  I've tried to keep the terps in/on the bud by slow drying/curing within those parameters.

Happy Growing & Smoking!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Cannabissapean said:

WOW!  That's an impressive collection of specimens.  Looks yummy

Thanks @Cannabissapean.  It's partly thanks to your help early on that I managed such a nice harvest, so thanks to you and those others I have gained knowledge off.

Final total is around 25oz (~700g), which is gobsmacking.  I've rechecked that several times with different scales and it's still that.

I'm wondering how I got such a large yield in a 1.2m2x2m tent, and I think it's due to my tent extensions and the concave canopy I created.

I had ph meter boxes pressing out each side of the tent, and my canopy was not flat (ie, 1.2m2) but concaved  - lower in the middle directly below the light and then, using giant jenga bricks, the other four plants where raised to form a concaved canopy.  The concaveness means there is more than 1.2m2.

Some basic calculations and I estimate that the canopy surface area was more like a 1.6m2 tent.

I shall be using this technique with the WR as well.

A report on how they smoke.

Jacky White is my favorite.  Such a lovely grapefruit smell.  Also, the 75% sativa means I can smoke it during the day and simply be creative.

Nebula has a great smell. 60% Sativa and a bit more stoney than JW, but very nice.

Ice Cream, the washed plant, is 60% indica, and does taste smooth, although that could just be phycosimatic. 

Sensi Star is a lovely smoke, but I lose the power of speech on it.  Great for sleeping though!

Dutch Dragon is 75% sativa, and not had much of this yet other than the early branches I harvested.  Seem to remember that was quite creative as well.

After the WR grow, I fancy popping some GHS sativa's that are similarly around 75% sativa - any recommendations anyone?

Happy Growing & Smoking!

• Like 1

OMG!  They upgraded me to Super MOD?

Geez, I hope my head doesn't start ballooning.  People are going to be afraid to talk to me.   LOLOL

Well, we'll just see how it goes for a while...

AND YEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

I CAN UPLOAD PICTURES AGAIN!!!!!

WOOHOO!

rainbow spiral.jpg

Thanks a million for getting that fixed, @Jose.gh.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...