Out door grow 2017

Roo78

Hi community. 

Last year I had a failed attempt to raise my outdoor grow, so I  would very much like to start again and show everyone my strain. 

I have always known it as Passion Fruit not because of the flavor but due to its leaf formation. 

Here are a few pics of the  seedlings that will hopefully become beautiful ladies. 

This strain is a slow grower, it's never in a hurry to do anything, so my updates will be some what spaced apart. 

Enjoy 

Roo78

DSC_0062.JPG

DSC_0058.JPG

DSC_0054.JPG

DSC_0052.JPG

DSC_0051.JPG

DSC_0050.JPG

• Like 5

Hi,

Cannabissapean and Shaggygrower. 

I will transplant all of them out into there own space in a little while. 

I like to start them off in small pots of potting mix until I'm sure they'll survive. 

The potting mix I use is a compost based one it has an unknown amount of organic material mixed in as well as coir and water crystals, slow release fertilizer.

I like to use the variety marketed for fruit and citrus they have a slightly higher potassium and magnisium content. 

I've been using these mixes for years with good results. More for convenience then any thing. 

PH varies a little from batch to batch, I haven't actually  checked this lot. Run off is high. 

If I grow them out in pots. small pots need checking daily larger pots 3-4 days, I don't mind if they suffer a little bit of drought, they are weeds. 

The triple cotyledons are something I've had for a while but I don't actually know anything about them and I'm interested to know if there are any other strains that have the same characteristics. 

As they develop the  true beauty and unique style of the plant and leaf will become apparent.

I look forward to sharing them. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

So I have transferred all the seedlings out of the pots into my guerilla grow spot. 

I selected four of the ten to use as the examples for this grow journal, I'll grow the others out in another plot. 

After reading other articles I've come to realize that I'm not really up to speed with providing information about my grow. 

Please bear with me as I don't have any social media of any kind and this is the only forum I participate in but I'll do my best to evolve and answer all questions. 

I've always been a KISS kind of grower so I've never gone out my way to delve into the technical side of grows. 

This grow is no different it's a basic soil grow. 

Chicken manure

Sheep manure

Lawn clippings 

Char  coal 

Local soil - sandy loam

Dolla mite lime

Slow release fertilizer - fruit / citrus variety 

I did most of the prep thru the winter composting and ph checking so hopefully it will work out. At last ph check it was sitting around 6 so I'm happy for the moment. imageproxy.php?img=&key=cc9043a29a0f0558

Had a little trouble getting the photos to upload but I had a win. 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=cc9043a29a0f0558imageproxy.php?img=&key=cc9043a29a0f0558imageproxy.php?img=&key=cc9043a29a0f0558imageproxy.php?img=&key=cc9043a29a0f0558imageproxy.php?img=&key=cc9043a29a0f0558imageproxy.php?img=&key=cc9043a29a0f0558imageproxy.php?img=&key=cc9043a29a0f0558

imageproxy.php?img=&key=cc9043a29a0f0558imageproxy.php?img=&key=cc9043a29a0f0558

_20171127_205846.JPG

_20171127_205822.JPG

_20171127_205758.JPG

_20171127_205718.JPG

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi All, 

Time for an update.

Things are  still going well, all the little baby's are growing at a steady pace. 

The original four I show everyone are now only three, the chooks made that's choice for me. 

I have some photos of the other's I put in a separate plot as they are doing slightly better than the other one's I had  originally planned to use for this journal. 

It's mostly likely due to the fact that are in the plot that I had planned to use last year so but didn't so it had an extra year of preparation. 

The old adage of don't put all your eggs in the one basket seems to have worked. 

I just watered so don't worry about the pool, I find a hollow in the plot is the best way to control water feeding. 

I hope everyone transfered into the new year with no major mishaps. 

Roo78 

_20180103_205238.JPG

_20180103_204743.JPG

_20180103_204635.JPG

• Like 2

I'd give you a like @Roo78, but I've ran out for the day.  Plants are looking bigger!

I did not say anything in my last post as I figured you know your strain better than me, and you did mention the special 'leaf formation' of this 'Passion Fruit' strain, but I do wonder if the plants are showing nute burn with their twisted leaves (27th photo's and current)?

You mention in this post that plants are doing better in a plot that has been prepared for a year.  This indicates to me that the growing media might be too rich in unbroken down sheep/chicken manure, etc, until it's been breaking down for a year.

That said, it looks like they are growing regardless, so strong genetics :)

• Like 1

Hi All, 

Time for an update.

Things are  still going well, all the little baby's are growing at a steady pace. 

The original four I show everyone are now only three, the chooks made that's choice for me. 

I have some photos of the other's I put in a separate plot as they are doing slightly better than the other one's I had  originally planned to use for this journal. 

It's mostly likely due to the fact that are in the plot that I had planned to use last year so but didn't so it had an extra year of preparation. 

The old adage of don't put all your eggs in the one basket seems to have worked. 

I just watered so don't worry about the pool, I find a hollow in the plot is the best way to control water feeding. 

I hope everyone transfered into the new year with no major mishaps. 

Roo78 

HI Shaggygrower, 

I hear what you're saying mate and got me thinking so I went thru an old photo album just for personal reference. 

I found an old photo from close to twenty years ago. 

I do love my organic soil mixes and your right they can sometimes be a little tricky to gauge. 

But surely I haven't been cooking them for twenty years 🤔

Roo78 

DSC_0000_BURST20180103214346135.JPG

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi all, 

Time I gave an update. 

They have all chosen a sex so I have four female and one male a perfect ratio. 

Surprisingly the small stringy one isn't male but female, I wouldn't normally keep any that are struggling but  this time I'll let it go. 

I found a universal measuring stick so I can give a better indication of the size of the baby's. 

I'm pretty sure every one knows what a 2lt coke looks like 

Apart from the organic  soil base, I've been bumping them up with some liquid fertilizer. 

Dynamic lifter. blood /bone /manure 

Sensi pro. Bio deisel

Canna. PK 13/14   single dose at start of flower. 

General hydroponics. Cal/Mag

This extra feeding is only at a low dose for each moon phase. 

Rain water is required every second day due to the weather and the well drained soil. 

This is the part of the season I love. 

Fresh flower smell. Magic. 

Roo78 

_20180225_144632.JPG

_20180225_144603.JPG

_20180225_152428.JPG

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

They look really healthy, you have a good hand for outdoor cultivation :)

I recommend you be careful with nutrients, bone dust and blood, it attracts many animals to dig the ground (experience with my dog hahaha).

Thanks for sharing, it's nice to see how they grow :)

• 3 weeks later...

I know what you mean about the pets, I feel like I'm always doing battle with them. 

Well it's all about finished. 

It has been a long and unusual season. The day time temps are still above thirty and the nights aren't much better. 

Usually I would be worried about an early frost before there finishing but not this year. They haven't seemed to finish as well this year,  maybe weather related. 

They did suffer a lot of insects this season, not really a surprise as they were the only green living plants in my yard everything else is dried up. 

I always happy to get anything at the end. I'll get some seed and a smoke so it's been a different type of season but we all made it to the finish. 

I've even decided to do a cross with another strain I was gifted this year (origin unknown) so maybe I'll be tinkering away at this for a few more years. It couldn't  hurt to freshen up my genetics a touch. I might even do another journal on the new cross. 

That's about it.

So thanks everyone who had a look. 

I hope these little ladies where a different and interesting watch. 

Roo78. 

_20180411_130620.JPG

_20180411_130726.JPG

_20180411_130925.JPG

_20180411_224608.JPG

• Like 2

Congratulations on the harvest :)

In my opinion, the goal is to reach the end, some years better and others just to get there.

Your buds look good, plants a little affected by insects (totally normal). It is certainly a good harvest, perhaps not the biggest (due to the heat), but a good one.

Congratulations , now it's time to enjoy the smoke!!