Grow Contest 2017 - Inscriptions

Jose.gh

WEED_CONTEST_PRIZES_ALL-1-1200x803.jpg

Hi mates, 

We started a new contest where you can try a known strain, amazing strain: 

• White Rhino
  •  

We can send 10 feminized seeds and BIO Feeding / Feeding to each grower interested, that meets with the requirements. 

We would like to make a little contest, about grow diaryes (the work performed and exhibited in the forum). 

The contest start  January 1  and finish June 1 of 2018, you have 5 months for grow, bloom and harvest.

Also we have some prizes for the best works

• 1st prize: IPad 4 mini
  • 2nd prize: T-Shirt + Hoody + 3 Pack of seeds
  • 3rd prize:  T-Shirt + Hoody + 3 Pack of seeds

The Grow Diaryes, should be initiated at:  http://forums.strainhunters.com/forum/212-test-area-white-rhino-contest/

We will be given preference to users of this forum with more seniority, and / or grow diaryes.

Limited:  Limited participants.  

Excluded all people who requested seeds in previous editions, and did not do a grow diary, without exception.

Do you want to participate?

Reply to this post, write your answer: say me how many pots will you use.

If you are selected, we will contact you by private message on the forum.

IMPORTANT: You can start cultivating at any time, but should start your grow Diary in January.

If you can not grow at this months, please not write to be a competitor.

IMPORTANT: We do not ship to USA. Federal laws forbid it.

• Like 6

Muy buenas José! Me encantaría participar en el concurso. De hecho corto el armario en un par de semanas y quedaría disponible para la las fechas del Concurso. Tengo macetas de distintos tamaños, dependiendo la cantidad de plantas a poner, pero me decantaría por 8 macetas textiles con mi doble CoB led. 

Espero noticias, abrazos y muy buenos humos. 🔥💨

• Like 3

Por mí parte me apunto con mí armario, el cual ya está vacío y limpio esperando por un nuevo cultivo. Como entrarían 9 en el armario , seguramente coloque la restante en exterior( De este lado del charco estamos entrando en verano próximamente)

Saludos y suerte para todos los concursantes

• Like 3

Same as @ShaggyGrower, i too am writing again for my participation.

I'll be using 4 pots. 
4x6 LT ==> 4x11 LT per VEG
4x11 LT ==> 4x18 LT per BLOOM.

I've bought a new grow tent, and crafted some new lamp supports. 
The new tent will be 60x60x170 cm. 
I've also bought proper extractors and carbon filters, and timers (which i'll need some time to learn setting hehe).

I'll be using LED lights:
3x35W 6500K + 1x45W F.Spectrum per VEG
4x35W 6500K + 4x45W F.Spectrum per BLOOM

Total Wattage VEG: 150W
Total Wattage BLOOM: 320W

I'll place the lights at 18" (45 CM) for VEG, and 12" (30 CM) for BLOOM.

I'm quite curious to find out how the White Rhinos will adapt to a close-quarter enviroment.
Cannot post pictures of my last grows, as i am not near the ganja-bunker, but ye guys can find some in my last diary.

Anyway, wish everybody good luck, and good buds.
Cheers!

• Like 1

Hey Sal,

My pots are airpots. They squeeze easily.

I don't want to get you angry, i've read the whole message, and i thank you for the tips.

Back in the days (when i was 17) i've grown 21 plants in a 200x100x160 enviroment, all together, and managed to get 600 dry grams out of 3 mothers and 18 30cm clones.
I used a 250W HPS 3000k for the whole grow. 

I know squeezing ain't a good thing, plants suffer a bit.
I'll try sticking with 11Liters, but i'm afraid 11Liters isn't enough. 

Point is, to me, i got 3 options:

4x18L
4x11L
1x30L

I cannot grow a monster, i just want 50-60 cm plants :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LedCherryBerry said:

60 x 60 x 170 cm tent

Point is, to me, i got 3 options:

4x18L
4x11L
1x30L

I cannot grow a monster, i just want 50-60 cm plants :D

Seems like one 50-60cm plant will go into a 60x60cm tent, no?

Unless you're growing 4 plants that are ~30cm x 30cm, which'd look very interesting as I can only imagine them as plants with one long stem/cola.  Also interesting for me as my propagation tent is 60x60x90.

I'm with @I'm Sal on this and would be worried about putting too many plants in too small an area.

• Like 2

Hey guys,

I think you guys are right.
Upon reading again, with more time on my hand, i realized i should use 11Liters pots instead of 18.
11Liters are 27cm wide, should give them more room.

I was also considering some rotating-bases for the plants, in a way that they receive light on every bud, everytime. But i guess they're too close-quartered to work out.

Anyway, 11Liters it is.

Peace!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LedCherryBerry said:

Hey guys,

I think you guys are right.
Upon reading again, with more time on my hand, i realized i should use 11Liters pots instead of 18.
11Liters are 27cm wide, should give them more room.

I was also considering some rotating-bases for the plants, in a way that they receive light on every bud, everytime. But i guess they're too close-quartered to work out.

Anyway, 11Liters it is.

Peace!

Just to throw a pleasant spanner in to muddy the waters further (love mixing metaphors), what about one big 60cm x 60cm [square] pot with 4 (or 2) plants sharing it? :) 

My bagseed grow was two plants in one pot and they seemed to do ok.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShaggyGrower said:

Just to throw a pleasant spanner in to muddy the waters further (love mixing metaphors), what about one big 60cm x 60cm [square] pot with 4 (or 2) plants sharing it? :) 

My bagseed grow was two plants in one pot and they seemed to do ok.

I've always heard that if you put 2 seeds in the same pot, you should be tied to a pole and burned alive.
It's a BAD, BAD thing, even for regular plants.

Plants should have their own personal space.
Growing a plant on top of a dead's roots is another talk.

(I'm sorry i didn't catch your metaphors, as i am italian and we use different ones hehehe)

• Like 1

Hey Sal,

Here's what i meant when i said it's possible.

I'm showing you in this picture my actual tent, which is 55x58.
I can fit perfectly 4x11Liters with space bewteen the bases.
I can also fit the 18L, but they're a bit squeezed.

You're using plastic round pots, and they're hard to fit.
I'm using cloth pots they take the form I TELL THEM TO.

Hope i was clear enough.

_MG_3668.JPG

• Like 1

I appreciate the tips and the full explanations man.
I know you come from more years of experience than i do.

Comunication is a big issue with human species. 
If we, say, comunicated through images, we could instantly understand eachother.
Words are fucking complicated when it comes to 200+ languages.

• Like 1

I agree with you, but i need to clear out a point:
I'm NOT happy with the space i've got. Let me explain.

I know that 11 Liters is a good medium when it comes to flowering.
I also know (and hate to do) that plants in close-quarters suffer a bit.
I've experienced this grow that a poor airflow can be a bad thing, especially when it comes to treating pests.

What i WANT to do is different from what i PLAN to do.
I want to grow as many plants as possible, so that i can decide who stays, and who leaves (if ya know what i mean).
But since i don't have that possibility, i plan to plant 4 of them, and grow them low on purpose.

Say, if i grow 1 plant, and fuck up with that, i've lost BOTH the contest, and my grow.
With 4 smaller plants, yes, i will have less yield, but if i fuck up 1 plant, i still have 3 as a backup.
Placing 2 rectangular pots could be a solution to both problems.

Do not worry about airflow: in the picture above there are no extractors as they've been ordered and are still coming.
I will place the filters outside the tent, so that i have much more space to work with.
I have a couple fans for air circulation.

Recap: i'm not happy with the space i've got, because i perfectly know that what i'm about to do is 80% wrong.
I'm not happy because it's illegal here, and no matter what my efforts are, i will still be limited to grow ninja-style.

I wish someday i will have 1500mq of space to work with, but for now i am limited to 60cm2, and have to deal with it.

Anyhoo, as you said, it's my grow, my fuck ups, and my experience.

In my place, we use to say that you need to hit a wall with your head to understand a concept.
Maybe it's because of that that we can't understand basic concepts..

Regards!

• Like 1

Anyway, this is a inscription post.
To talk about our techniques and issues, we should move to private messages.

I wanted to say that i understand what you mean.
You want everything to be in place, with the correct feedings, light schedule, spacings, airflow, bug treatment etc etc.
I want this to be my case too, but i also like to experiment.
I don't really mind if my grow "sucks". If i manage to get some flowers, it is a success. If the flowers are smokeable, it is a far better success.
Of course, if i grow 1 plant, and care for that plant, and that plant manages to flower, in a 60x60 and finish the job, i will have so much weed i can stop growing for years.
As i said, i don't care about yield. 
What i care about is experience and knowledge. And i also need to test it out myself.
I will never learn if i don't do my own way. I need to see what i'm fucking up.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, I'm Sal said:

No worries at all @LedCherryBerry, like we both agree, it is your grow but just cannot help thinking it is a utter waste and totally goes against what this COMPETITION is about.

Even by your very own repeated admission of "I don't really mind if my grow "sucks"" and "As i said, i don't care about yield" does not do your potential participation in any COMPETITION any favours.  

GHSC are willing to offer these seeds and nutes for nothing, along with some nice prizes, and should we get to participate in this competition the very least we can do is our best and not squeeze as many plants as (im)possible in a tiny space of both width and height.

It is the end result that is the deciding factor and you do not care a jot about that as you have repeatedly confirmed in your post above.

OUCH!!

I feel that too GHSC.

Sorry @LedCherryBerrybut I think it is plain wrong and would suggest trying your "experiment" with bagseed instead of biting the hand that potentially feeds your next grow.

Anyways..............

You're right.

I shouldn't pull the helping hand too much.
What do you suggest? A single mother? Or even smaller pots?
I can find a 30L pot but am quite sure the plant wont fit inside that.

Sorry for the fast answer but i'm late for work hahahahaha.
See you later! :3

13 minutes ago, LedCherryBerry said:

You're right.

I shouldn't pull the helping hand too much.
What do you suggest? A single mother? Or even smaller pots?
I can find a 30L pot but am quite sure the plant wont fit inside that.

Sorry for the fast answer but i'm late for work hahahahaha.
See you later! :3

Hi @LedCherryBerry,

Imv it's about maximising what one has to work both in terms of size of space and equipment available.

From what I've read, your limiting factors are space (55cmx58cmx170cm) and light intensity (150w veg, 320w bloom).

Regarding space and four pots, say each pot was 28cm in diameter and you filled them with 30cm of medium. 

Total volume of medium available for plant to grow in would be: Volume = π×14cm²×30cm = 18473 cm³ for each pot, so 4  x 18473 = 73892cm³.

Same calculation again using the whole area as a rectangle: Volume = 55cm×58cm×30cm = 95700 cm³.

Something to think about perhaps.

Regs, Shaggy

• Like 1

Goddamn, i wish i studied BASIC MATH when i had the chance.

Little corrections along the way:

My actual grow tent is 55x58x146, and it was crafted by myself.
The grow tent i'm going to grow the WR is 60x60x170, and its arrival (ordered it last friday) is estimated between 11 and 14 december.

The pots i want to use are 28 cm in diameter (can't remember the height but it's less than 30cm). I've already shown they can fit perfectly.
What sal is suggesting is that pot sizes ain't the issue: plant growth will be.

The point between me and sal is that i believe i can grow 4 small plants in that area, and he says it's a waste of time and resources.
I partly agree with him because i know that one plant can give you more than 4 little ones.
I say partly because it is still my grow, and i know i can succeed in growing 4 small ones.
Hell, i've just finished 2 bagseed girls in my tent, and they gave me 70g whilst being below 40cm height.
Also, my bagseed were 3 months old when i harvested them: with white rhinos i got time up to 5 months.

I think i will stick with 4x11Liters pots anyway, even tho to some eyes it's a waste of time and resources. To mine, it is not.