So many choices

John-E-Blazed

Ok here is the first and certainly not the last time I plan on tapping the vast knowledge pool here @ SH. I am looking to grow a couple plants. I am a very very green first time grower. I just want something imple and easy to follow for my firt few times. But when I go and look at th equipment that is needed I get overwhelmed. I'm thinking I want a small grow box, like I said 1 or 2 plants at a time. And I see they have a lot of kits where you can get everything in one go. What's everyone opinion on these items? Like I said first time real simple grow, would also like to keep the cost of everything say below 500 euros. Looking forward to all the feed back guys, thanks in advance teeth_smile.gif

Also keep in mind I am living in the Netherlands. Nt sure if that would change your mind on certain equipment.

Hi yo!

If you got some space aviable like corner of room then cost of growbox is cutted, also some savings on ventilation. I can be wrong but with mixing fan and opened windows in 2 rooms it can produce nice air movment. Oh well, is cold now, but house is perhaps heated and lapm produce some heat also.

Ballast PRO-IT 400W

Venture Sunmaster HPS Dual Spectrum, 400 W

Anti Vibration pads, 4 pcs.

Suspension Chain for lamps per meter, 50 m / roll

Großer S-Haken

Reflector, glossy, 50 x 50 cm, mounted w / socket and 4 m cable

Hanna pH Tester

Square pot 30 L, 32,5 x 32,5 x 36 cm ( 680/Pal ), black

Plagron Cocos, 50 L x 2

Plagron Hydro Clay Pebbles, 50 L bag

Spraying flask 1 L

Pipette 10 ml, 0,1 ml split, clear graded, unsterile

Mechanical timer without cover shortest circuit 15 min. x2

Gardener‘s thermometer

Hair Hygrometer, small, 0-100 % relative Humidity +/-1%

Desk Fan, oscillating, 3000 m³/h, ø = 40 cm, 3 speeds, 50 W

Grand Total € 401.15

For an example, hope it help a bit of chosing directions. Other perhaps correct some. Happy growing!

You're like me. I hate all the fuss. Keep it casual and simple especially if its for personal stash. Don't believe the hype.

Get a 250 watt CFL with reflector, shouldn't be more than 100 Euros, a timer, a fan and some good soil.

Start with some autoflowering strains, then u don't have to bother about the dark period, you could just keep them in a corner of a room (in other words u don't need a special grow room) with the lights on for 18-20 hrs (20hrs optimal, or so they say). Considering you're in Holland stealth won't be an issue since things are legal.

As far as the autoflowering strains are concerned there are a lot on the market of which greenomatic of GHSC is one. Personally I haven't tried that one yet, although I've grown several others (lowryder 2 , purple jems, Polar Light...). You'll find sativa as well as indica dominant ones. They are all ridiculously easy to grow however there are a few things to keep in mind when growing autos of which deep and big pots are one.

Autos tend to send down their tap root quite deep before growing upwards. Unless u have a deep pot they won't grow as big as they could since flowering depends on time in this case. U wouldn't be happy with an auto flowering at an height of 10cm!

Secondly do everything right from the beginning as mistakes will be hard if not impossible to correct. There's no reversal with autos.

Well, that's just my opinion on ur situation. With an auto u'll be able to relax more, see the plant grow and mature without your interference, and harvest within 70 days!

Much thanks to both of your responses. I am going to start slow and def go with some autos. Once I get the hang of it I will probably get a littl more into it like the set up elektro suggested. Like many homes here in Holland, I have a she in my back yard. Used to be used as an office. It's got electricity, heat and a fan already built into the ceiling. Its probably 12'x12'. But i don't need to fill the whole place up. It's for a personal stash. hell I smoke prbably a couple grams a week, so one plant will last me awhile! I will prbably grow atleast two to get ome variation. Maybe even try and get some test seeds from the Boys at GHSC. I'm only about 25 Mins from there shop regular_smile.gif

Thanks again boys, happy growing

Hmm, you loose a lot of light there, split of room on smaller place is a must. Maybe any foto, we do design for you. ;) Also reflecting foil, or simple white paint(with some adds for shrooms - damn lose this word sry) for better reflecting of light. Remove any carpets from floor(bugs, shrooms, al kind of not wanted stuff is living there). One plant is ok, two better, four is greate. :) Ah, with spare money you can spenf on simple cool white and warm white flourestent tubes, as a bonus light - more better. ;) Heave fun!

I've got one of those closets as well. But mine is half shelves. The one side though is probably 24"x24" and about 4' tall. I'm thinking this will be a good area to start them and go to the end of vegitation as well since I'm only growing a couple at a time. I have a larger are to put them in for flowering, especially because of the smell, my gf said no house smelling like weed hahaha . What i am thinking of doing is starting with LED blue spectrum for Veg, then when i shift them go to Red spectrum LED plus maybe 1 or 2 CFL's for flowering. For 1 or 2 plant I think this would be enough, but do you guys know how many watts I should be looking to get? The 90W seems too little and the 300W seems too much, but I'm not really sure. If I can narrow down the wattage I need I can really start looking at which lights I want to purchase, all suggetions welcome, I saw a table on one of the thread recently that had a pic of LED lights in light 4 or 5 different spectrums, blue, red, purple, ones for seeding, veg, flower , does anyone know this set up?

thanks again everyone! Happy growing!

Advice #1

Keep your place clean! a shed can be the house of many parassites

be aware of what you can't see..clean the place and keep it always clean

For the lights well I think you can go with a 250 HPS Agro so both spectrum

you probably can put 3 or 4 autoflowering under that ..or 2 indicas with photoperiod

You dont have heat problems and you will save the money from LED

and getting bigger buds from HPS..