ShaggyGrower - White Rhino and BIO Feeds test

Hi @g22, Tested at 1000w last night. The Darkstar works a treat with the temps (and humidity) being kept in check by the controllers (Base is 72f, when it gets to 75f the input/output fans kicks in until it reaches base temp or less).  I do have to bare in mind that last night was quite a cold night (6c), so the air it was drawing in was cold.  I will need to keep an eye on things when the outside temp is not as cold (like when it's high summer and minimum 21c outside - that'll be interesting!).

Here are two pictures of my tent this morning, the first taken through the lens of my Lumii grow room glasses I just got.  They make a heck of a difference! (They're supposed to make HPS light look like normal light - looks like they work very well).

The WR are Top [Tri & Bi] & middle [M & 3] (the young'uns middle left are five Space Cookies {and some Basil}, and the two down below are a Dutch Kush & a White Berry - they've both had just one topping, hence why their flatter canopy rather than Christmas tree-like).

DSCF4949.thumb.JPG.7ec7b47b64b4bbf5b36c6de8ce5efccd.JPG

DSCF4948.thumb.JPG.c511cbd5bdc0d50f466d05d6dc097e46.JPG

Tri was flushed last night with 24l of filtered rain butt water with a ph of 6.5 as she'd reached 11.4kg. Filtered with a bubble bag (25 micron) as there are beasties living in the water butt water now the weather is warmer (they look like mosquito larva).  She's ~21kg fully [water] loaded.  I think I'll switch to aired tap water over the summer months - higher ppm but no beasties to contend with.  3 was given 600ml of the same, her weight was 2.9kg so she's 3.5kg now. Her base weight is 2.6kg.

Thanks @evolution666. I just hope the locals don't stumble across them before they're ready, nor any plant munching beasties!

Happy Growing!

• Like 4

Good idea tot test with higher temp i need to invest in somthing similar my temp go up to high when is hot outside its a bad room smeone tell me to use parabolic light iam gone talk of it with the shop i go thanks 

✊🍁

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, g22 said:

Good idea tot test with higher temp i need to invest in somthing similar my temp go up to high when is hot outside its a bad room smeone tell me to use parabolic light iam gone talk of it with the shop i go thanks 

✊🍁

I think a parabolic would help with spreading the light better than a conventional reflector, but unless it's enclosed (and a fan blowing across it) it's not going to help with heat I don't think.

Looking at the Darkstar, it's a pretty chunky yet simple piece of kit.  Someone with the right metal working/glass cutting tools could knock one up I think.  I'm not a metal/glass worker nor have the tools/sheet metal/glass, so for ~£75 was worth it for me.  Now if they made a Darkstar in a parabolic shape, that would be great :)

As an aside, waiting a couple of months for flavours/smells to come out I can understand.  My first-to-know-what-I'm-growing harvests have all changed flavours/smells over the months since harvest.  I find any blue flavours/smells take the longest to fully come out (Dutch Dragon).  The others have more subtle flavours/smells coming out compared to the bare hard hitting initial strong flavours/smells.  I've been very strict on keeping the jars <20c and 62% humidity.

Happy Curing!

• Like 1

Maybe i cut my plant at wrong moment but if i try to smoke it before is not even dry and the taste is not there and all my friend that smoke hash or weed  they always have top quality weed like amnesia or lemon haze or other haze or kush so they all fast critic my weed if its not perfect and is not perfect 

✊🍁

• Like 1

Here are the White Rhino clones this morning.  They're between 39-38 days old.  Some have been topped, some not.  They're very stretchy.  Not much node growth yet.  I think they're acclimatizing and trying to get used to the dodgy earth they're in.

The spray bottle in the picture is 30cm tall, to give some idea of how talk the clones are.

IMG_20180517_082353.thumb.jpg.56fdf82bb8bb292bbf25aff24a55caf9.jpgIMG_20180517_082303.thumb.jpg.8bb4f42a143d3d3e30919a1c25f6d989.jpgIMG_20180517_082214.thumb.jpg.70c7cde1b8f80dd3fe25503ef455be22.jpgIMG_20180517_082117.thumb.jpg.eec4b2ae2d1a4235c3511b88986a7825.jpgIMG_20180517_082048.thumb.jpg.0a6bbd8f17685e0404bc0a1c445a4f88.jpgIMG_20180517_082011.thumb.jpg.ffa94815d4a80147a639db7f3753ddf2.jpgIMG_20180517_081916.thumb.jpg.7fbf9b6cab3f7c857f5b1c94d3d67017.jpg

One of them is a Dutch Kush clone, but can anyone guess which one!? :)

@g22, it's good to have friends who can push you to make a better final product.  If they're over-critical, then that means more for me! I'm not going to force them to smoke mine when they come over if they don't like it! :)  To be frank, I could do with more friends that DON'T like my stash.

Happy Cloning!

• Like 2

@ShaggyGrower

Yeah its like that 😁

But to smoke pure i like more mine is sweeter its just i dont flush correcltly last grow some moment the taste change in somthing not very goed but effect is strong .

For your clones i read is very goed to have nettle close to your plant they give a better  taste to your flowers like your gerilla grow in the nettel you can even make  a grow fertilizer only  with nettel and water 

✊🍁

• Like 1

I've had a tweak of the grow room after reading up a bit more on closed reflector hoods.

So instead of having a 423m3 input fan (dialled down to half) sucking air from the window and pushing it into the tent via ducting and through the Darkstar; over the 1000w HPS lamp, and out of the tent the other side into the house. The Darkstar is now connected to the exhaust of the 423m3 pro' carbon filtered output fan that is housed inside the tent.  Logic being, I don't want to cool down the lamp, I just move the hot air from within the Darkstar out, and this can be done best with (filtered) tent air as outside-by-the-window air may cool the lamp down too much and alter the spectrum of the lamp.

So I have a spare 423m3 input/output fan.  I'll put this where the 220m3 input fan is at present, and dial it down so I have a little negative pressure.

So then I'll have a spare 220m3 input/output fan and 4'' ducting & clips, …..

Happy Tweeking!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, William Trust said:

How does that work in the summer when it's really hot outside and in the winter when it freezes? Or with outside you mean outside the tent?

Hi @William Trust, Thanks for the question. I've edited the post to give more detail.  By outside, yes, outside the tent near a window. Opened wide from mild conditions onwards.  This grow is lights on at 8pm and lights off at 8am currently, so they get warmer air input during their day (to keep the temp diff to day smaller) and cooler air input during their night (to keep the tent with light heat, cooler).

Freezing conditions I've dealt with already once, a summer not as I only started growing indoors last September/October.

Happy Growing!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, g22 said:

The room is not good 

Happy grow room 😂

Hi @G22,

I've read that using carbon filtered tent air to cool the lamp *may* not be good:

http://www.just4growers.com/stream/grow-lights/air-cooled-reflectors—do-you-believe.aspx

Where I live, and after testing during their day, it works for me (at the moment).  Temps kept stable AND relative humidity kept stable as well by the controller(s).

During lights on, the input/output fans are connected to the Cooling socket of the temperature Inkbird.  At 74f the socket goes live until temp gets down to 72f.

During lights off, the input/output fans are connected to the Work2 socket of the humidity Inkbird. At 50% the socket goes live until humidity gets down to 45%.

Temps got to 78.1f in the early part of their day, so both input/output fans where on as the socket goes on at >72f.  About half way through their day, the temps got down to 72f and socket (input/output fans) turned off. Temps rise 2f before the socket kicks in.  RH rises during this time about 5-10%.  2f is not much of a gap, so input/output fans come back on fairly quickly.  Throughout the middle of their day onwards,  it was 10 mins on, 3 mins off.

As I've been typing this reply, it's gone past 8am here.  I have to MANUALLY move an extension cable containing the input/output fans to the Work2 socket from the Cooling socket (and the reverse at 8pm).  Lights had gone off and Inkbird temp read <72f (70f). Inkbird humidity was reading 51%.  Swapped the sockets and input/output fans came on (as >50%) and will stay on until humidity <45% (temp during their night  [our day] lights off is always <72f thus far).

Happy Growing!

Edit: I have a SensorPush arriving today, so will be able to get accurate temp & humidity data logged throughout the day.

https://shop.sensorpush.com/

Happy Monitoring!

• Like 1

Sorry is for  me a littel too complicated to anderstand everything .

If you use two different extractor apart for tent and light where can be a problem .

wat about the temp of your room outside the tent when light is on and temp in the tent under the 1000w and how much cm can you put your plant under the 1000w air cooled ?

If i ask you too much you dont need too answer me 😁

somtime i wright stupid  joke when i drinking when i put music its the same  story 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, g22 said:

Sorry is for  me a littel too complicated to anderstand everything .

If you use two different extractor apart for tent and light where can be a problem .

wat about the temp of your room outside the tent when light is on and temp in the tent under the 1000w and how much cm can you put your plant under the 1000w air cooled ?

If i ask you too much you dont need too answer me 😁

somtime i wright stupid  joke when i drinking when i put music its the same  story 

Sorry @G22.  I've modified the text using the same language for the same things (instead of calling it 'extractor' or 'input', etc etc). Sorry for making it confusing. I sometimes write too early in the morning (for my brain to be awake) or after I'm had a smoke (generally after noon, usually no earlier than 2pm). 

The temp of the room the tent is in lights on is 70-75f at the moment.  I guess this will go up as the summer progresses.

From about 8am-11am and 4pm-8pm (the start and end of their night), sunlight does not directly hit the window the air input ducting is at.  This means the air in is cooler and more humid than the 11am-4pm period.  Between 11am-4pm sunlight does hit the window, and the air is much less humid and hotter.  The humidity controller works a lot during 8am-11am & 4pm-8pm periods when the air in is cooler but more humid, and less when hotter & less humid air comes in during the 11am-4pm  period.

The plant in the middle (M at the moment) is currently 50cm (19.5'')from the glass at the bottom of the reflector when on 1000w. the plants not directly under the lamp are 45cm (17.5'') from the glass (my concave canopy).

I think I'll have a lot more answers once I get the SensorPush set up and recording, then I can screenshot graphs of temps & humidity levels, and a picture will tell a thousand words :)

Happy Growing, Smoking & Music Listening!

PS, Temp in the tent now (11.43am) is 64.1f and humidity is 50.3 (so input/output fans are on as humidity > 50%).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, g22 said:

@ShaggyGrower

I see you lot interesse in sensor and climate controler wats  your plan for feeding you stay feed by hand or automatic watering ?

No plans for automatic watering.  I like my routine of weighing the pots too much and feeding-by-feel.  Also, I really like sitting in my tent (the main reason I got a bigger tent) and observing them/getting a tan/having a dooby/getting away from her indoors ;).

Moving their day to start at 8pm has been a bit rubbish from my perspective if not the plants. By that time in my evening I'm usually a bit, erm, over-medicated.  Still, the less I sit in the tent with them disturbing them, the better it is for them, but its a hobby grow for me, so I want it to be fun!

Sensorpush is excellent, although I did nearly brick my phone twice getting side tracked with PrivacyGuard.  Here are a couple of screenshots (I've set alarms at <40% & >55% humidity and <72f & > 74f - graphic shows red when these are breached):

Screenshot_20180519-060606.thumb.png.118dfe438c2f585d8f2029cb9c19f779.png

Screenshot_20180519-060540.thumb.png.311e1c1030169f46ef15ac1a7269209e.png

It's interesting (for me anyway ;) )already to see the swings when the input/output fans are going on and off.

This is where the Sensorpush is in relation to the Inkbird sensor, note it is under a bit of cardboard for a bit of shade. It's ~2.5c cooler under the cardboard shade than not (that's the difference in the sensors).

DSCF4992.thumb.JPG.7e14fbb04f40e642c264d702f6dca8bd.JPG

Happy Data Gathering!

• Like 1

Bi on Day 56 of flowering (so entering Week 9, final week):

DSCF5012.thumb.JPG.e7ef95de96eb06db8ab3064d11f103a3.JPG

Bi & Tri:

DSCF5011_edit.thumb.jpg.cb983071bb4ee5d02594d75708d60e54.jpg

DSCF5010_edit.thumb.jpg.131fa70176b1edfa5c9a97a314635039.jpg

DSCF5007_edit.thumb.jpg.cabae73dd5f5a3690aa3733841232694.jpg

Bi, Tri, M & 3 have all been mega-flushed (4 x media).  M & 3 will still need a watering to before harvest, Bi and Tri have enough in their media to get them through to harvest.

Happy Growing!

• Like 2

Those buds look great, man, really tasty! 

I am very sorry for the loss, sometimes the plants decide to move to another place..... Although they never do it alone, someone always helps them. Unfortunately... plant thieves abound, they're scum.

Greetings and encouragement! 

• Like 1

Some bud shots.  They're really filling out, with more calyx's Fibonacci-ing along nicely - nice logarithmic spiral formation around the main calyx's.

Tri below is on day 57 of flowering.

DSCF5067.thumb.JPG.8086d1460796a0273a06ec5c69654ba0.JPG

Bi below is on day 60 of flowering.

DSCF5066.thumb.JPG.ec938da59164070d05a196e5bb1657c1.JPG

Bi below.

DSCF5060.thumb.JPG.76d464a57cb49643c60035c0fafa5450.JPG

Bi below.

DSCF5059.thumb.JPG.4f4e80e078e975926be6dede9e0dae96.JPG

Happy Nearly Final Week of Growing!

• Like 2

Here's a screen video of my Sensor Push data so far:

Wednesday night I was not about and the dehumidifier was on during their day made things a bit too hot.  The dehumidifier is now on a timer and only comes on during their night if required (Humidity gets >45%).  It's on the Turbo 40%-45% setting.   The input/output fans come on when temps get > 76f and go off at 74f day or night.

Apart from that, I'm getting to grips with the detail and I'm quite happy temps and humidity are being kept in check.

The night time temps are creeping up. This will keep the gap between night and day close. 

Their night time temps are 74.6f-72.7.6f with humidity 53-43%. Daytime it's 80.4f-76.1f with humidity 47.3%-41.1%.

Average 77.6f/44.5% during their day, 73.9f/49.5% during their night.  Fine with me.

Happy Grow Room Refining!

• Like 1

White Rhino clones in the wild (Day 47 since roooted) get a dose of Greenhouse Feeding BioGrow.

DSCF5079_edit.thumb.jpg.15bc0292c566bf0757503c091c1e5bba.jpg

DSCF5081_edit.thumb.jpg.16fa37039682090b15dee95216207b23.jpg

DSCF5082_edit.thumb.jpg.50e502e94397b532f47f8a967f364e9f.jpg

I've kept the BioGrow near the main stem and watered it in (and sprayed the plants with) with a solution containing 4ml/l of Pyrethrum 5 EC .  The substrate there should be the Coco/Perlite mix from their original pots.  Hopefully the BioGrow will go into this media; won't be too much and burn them; and won't feed the weeds surrounding the plant(s),

Happier Guerrilla Growing!

Here's 'M' (for Matriarch), the first germinated seed to sprout 126 days ago. She's been through a near death experience and come out the other side looking, well, ……

DSCF5118_edit1.thumb.jpg.f764f131b916059d4ecb8d1cec11eac9.jpg

In the flushing sink.

DSCF5112_edit1.thumb.jpg.d8eedef3c13e10ae931dd16b22520ef0.jpg

Remember, she got into a right old state:

DSCF3848.thumb.JPG.7fd1b8c59b7de113ba44d36de0076842.JPG

She was flushed today (day 57 of flower for her) with 13l of 25ppm fresh rain water heated to 24c (6.7ph).  She holds about 2l. Run off was 225ppm.  Final week, hope she cannibalizes a bit.

Happy Never-Giving-Up-ing!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, g22 said:

Nothong to say zbput hour bufs man

I've said, [15th May] "Your harvest looked very good, and I especially liked the wet trimming of your plants while they were still growing. @LedCherryBerry's looks great as well, and so does Rene Guerra Sanchez 's. evolution666's monster haul is going to take some beating!"

I hope everyone's drying & curing (and growing, etc) goes great.

Happy Drinking?

• Like 2