ShaggyGrower - White Rhino and BIO Feeds test

2 minutes ago, Jose.gh said:

Those buds are already starting to get icy! I seem to be able to smell them from here :)

We hope you can harvest in time, before the end of the contest. The outside, it looks great although I don't know if your cat is going to be watching.... or smoking xD

Greetings! 

Hi @Jose.gh,

Thanks.  Yes, lots of trichomes and buds getting bigger by the day.

Is the end of the contest 1//1/6, ie, do I need to harvest no later than that date, or do I need to harvest before 1/1//6, ie, harvest on 31/5/18 to harvest before the end of the contest?

The cats has a nice green window to look at me through, if they can reach and undo the velcro :)

I'm keeping them out of the room, as they climb up the side of the tent to be with me, and their claws can cause holes the tent (well, it did in the old one, this new tent seems to be much thicker, with walls made out of what looks like inflatable boat material).

Happy Growing!

5 hours ago, ShaggyGrower said:

Is the end of the contest 1//1/6, ie, do I need to harvest no later than that date, or do I need to harvest before 1/1//6, ie, harvest on 31/5/18 to harvest before the end of the contest?

Dried and cured buds before 1st June.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LedCherryBerry said:

Dried and cured buds before 1st June.

The OP states, "The contest start  January 1  and finish June 1 of 2018, you have 5 months for grow, bloom and harvest.".

I want to 'finish June 1 2018' with the final stated task of 'harvest', just not sure whether the 'finish' is  midnight 31st May or midnight 1st June.

Happy Growing!

On 10/5/2018 at 10:38 AM, ShaggyGrower said:

Hola @ Jose.gh ,

Gracias. Sí, muchos tricomas y yemas se hacen más grandes cada día.

Es el final del concurso 1 // 1/6, es decir, ¿tengo que cosechar a más tardar en esa fecha, o tengo que cosechar antes de 1/1 // 6, es decir, cosechar el 31/5/18 a cosecha antes del final del concurso?

Los gatos tienen una bonita ventana verde para mirarme, si pueden alcanzar y deshacer el velcro, los  :)

mantengo fuera de la habitación, ya que trepan por el lado de la tienda para estar conmigo, y sus garras pueden causar agujeros en la tienda (bueno, lo hizo en la anterior, esta nueva tienda parece ser mucho más gruesa, con paredes hechas de lo que parece material de bote inflable).

¡Feliz crecimiento!

Good question!

Here are the rules:

We can send 10 feminized seeds and BIO Feeding / Feeding to each grower interested, that meets with the requirements. 

We would like to make a little contest, about grow diaryes (the work performed and exhibited in the forum). 

The contest start  January 1  and finish June 1 of 2018, you have 5 months for grow, bloom and harvest.

I understand that if it starts on January 1st, that same day I can create my growing diary and participate.

So by the same token, I think the 1st of July is the end of it. That is, everyone can publish and harvest on July 1st until 23:59h (forum time).

Of course, after that time you can also publish new content, update, comment, anything you want, but that part will not be rated, when it comes to evaluating the crop journals.

Is that fair? Personally, I think this is the fairest thing

Cheers! 

1 hour ago, Jose.gh said:

Good question!

Here are the rules:

We can send 10 feminized seeds and BIO Feeding / Feeding to each grower interested, that meets with the requirements. 

We would like to make a little contest, about grow diaryes (the work performed and exhibited in the forum). 

The contest start  January 1  and finish June 1 of 2018, you have 5 months for grow, bloom and harvest.

I understand that if it starts on January 1st, that same day I can create my growing diary and participate.

So by the same token, I think the 1st of July is the end of it. That is, everyone can publish and harvest on July 1st until 23:59h (forum time).

Of course, after that time you can also publish new content, update, comment, anything you want, but that part will not be rated, when it comes to evaluating the crop journals.

Is that fair? Personally, I think this is the fairest thing

Cheers! 

Sound fair and that was my understanding.

Drying & curing come later and I will be slow drying & curing to make the best of the genetics's smells and flavours.

• Like 2

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 9:08 AM, Jose.gh said:

Jejeje yes, a June is the correct :)

A lot of smoke, sometimes I don't know what month I live in lol

I've learnt when dealing with stoners, to trust but verify, twice. At least twice, including when talking to myself! :smoke:

Here's some shots of the buds.

This is Tri:

DSCF4908.thumb.JPG.1ad949dbd4c60749743e651be203df00.JPG

This is Bi:

DSCF4907.thumb.JPG.723157c8ebe9d53ee363e640d1bdcd0b.JPG

Temps between 67-75f. Kept in check during the day with an Inkbird 220V ITC-310T (which itself is plugged into a timer plug). It's set to 70f as the base temp. At 72f the Cooling socket is activated (once the Inkbird is turned on by the lights-on timer plug), into which is plugged the large fan with carbon filter, the smaller air intake fan, and the light cooling fan.

During their night, they're controlled by an Inkbird IHC-200UK. It's set to 50% humidity as the base humidity.  At 52% the Work2 socket is activated, into  which is plugged the large fan with carbon filter and the smaller air intake fan (I have to manually plug this extension cable containing the large fan with carbon filter and the smaller air intake fan into Work2 when their day ends, then swap to the Cooling socket [with light cooling fan added] during their day).

I like humidity to be a little higher than some others recommend. I have lots of air movement so figure I don't think I'll get mold issues.

@Cannabissapean You're Mr Automation.  Which controller do you recommend for temps & humidity?  Ideally I'd like an all-in-one with lots of programable options. 

Today, they are:  M=115[46], 3=113[46], Tri=105[47], Bi=107[50]. Days since sprouting [Days since flipping to 12/12 / in flower].

Bi was heavily flushed on 7th May.  She weighed 21.3kg wet. Today she is still 18.7kg, so I doubt I'll have to water her again before harvesting.  She drinks about 400ml/day and is dry at 11.0kg, meaning roughly 19 days liquid in her pot with 18 days left until her Great Chopping.

Tri is down to 12.6kg so will need watering/flushing in about 3 days.  M & 3 take on about 2kg of liquid, which lasts them about 4-5 days.

The smell is really quite overpowering, especially when the fans have been off for even a couple of minutes.

Happy Growing!

• Like 3

White Rhino Clone 1 (WRC1) - Day 37 since pruning & cloning. She's going to be a beast.  I think I will let her veg for a while then bring her into my bigger tent to flower in July perhaps. She's had a third of a recommended dose of Greenhouse Feeding Grow, sprinkled on top, and the rain has washed it in..

DSCF4916.thumb.JPG.20a8f2248c40d9c784501fda9221411d.JPG

Below is the White Rhino Tri-clone re-veg attempt. Look (in Full Size) at the trichomes still on her, and they smell lovely! The flower she had is splitting apart and stretching, which is all good apparently. She's had a third of a recommended dose of Greenhouse Feeding Grow, sprinkled on top, and hand watered in.:

DSCF4925.thumb.JPG.23afb30ee43406fa6f7ca1a0514c70f7.JPG

Below are a load of Boveda packs (and packs made by Boveda for a reseller, which are cheaper).  They've been used already and had lots of hard salt crystals in them.  To rejuvenate them, I have soaked then in rain water for 24 hours.  Now there are no hard salt crystals and they just need a little drying and they're as good as new and ready for my late drying [buds go into jars when air-slow-dried to ~68% humidity, and these gets that down to 62%) & curing in jars phase in a few weeks.

DSCF4926.thumb.JPG.ec0c4a81f5515edefe90b93006f1cf62.JPG

Happy Cloning, Re-veging & Curing Preparation!

• Like 4

@ShaggyGrower

hello man can i ask you what kind or wich model of microscope you use to get so goed pic of your trichomes 

your clone and the reveg look very healty  i was thin k to try to reveg one plant but i forget when i harvest 

• Like 1

Just now, g22 said:

@ShaggyGrower

hello man can i ask you what kind or wich model of microscope you use to get so goed pic of your trichomes 

your clone and the reveg look very healty  i was thin k to try to reveg one plant but i forget when i harvest 

Hi @g22,

Yeah sure.  It's a microscope, from Amazon. Title is, "5MP USB Microscope MAOZUA Handheld Digital Microscope 20x-300x Magnifier with Professional Base Stand for Windows, Mac, Vista with 8 LED Lights".

Thanks re. the clone & reveg comment.

Your harvest looked very good, and I especially liked the wet trimming of your plants while they were still growing. @LedCherryBerry's looks great as well, and so does @René Guerra Sánchez's.  @evolution666's monster haul is going to take some beating!

Happy Drying, Curing & Smoking!

• Like 4

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 1:40 PM, g22 said:

@ShaggyGrower

Your new set up look great but i like more gorrila tent they have 2.40m high 

🍁✊

Thanks @g22. Ideally I would have liked a 2.2m tall tent (my room won't fit a 2.4m tent) as then I could have placed the older 2.0m tall tent inside it and had a veg/drying area inside the new bigger flowering tent.

Still, I can chop the smaller tents' polls a few cm and then put it up inside the new tent.  It might be a bit saggy, but it will be dark in there and heat/humidity controlled, and also importantly, the smell will get filtered. Depending on plant sizes when harvest comes, I might be able to squeeze them in the propogation tent and put that tent inside the new big tent for the above mentioned reasons.

The new tent is not ideal, but it's an improvement on the old tent.

Another item ordered yesterday - a EXOLUX PRO 1000 WATT DIMMABLE DIGITAL BALLAST and a 1000 WATT SUNMASTER SODIUM LAMP.  It can go up to 1100w, so up from my current max of 660w.  HPS is expensive (electricity), but I like it and it's very deep penetration.  This is why I have upgraded the HPS, for more penetration so I don't feel the need to defoliate as much.

I also have a fan speed controller on the Darkstar reflector input/output fan now, so it's dialled down from ~423w to 210w.

I've dialled humidity down to 42% with a 5% range (so when it reaches 47%, the air exchange input/output fan come on) light off.  Lights on, the air exchange input/output fan come on at 76F and go off at 72f (the Darkstar reflector input/output fan, dialled down,  is on all the time lights on).

For reference, lights on electricity usage when everything is on is 900 real watts (770rw when reached 72f and some input/output fans go off).  Lights off it's 70-160 real watts.

Happy Setup Tweaking!

• Like 2

Just a hint, about the Boveda humidipacks.

Instead of wetting them to recharge them, do this:

- Take a glass Jar, like the ones you use to cure buds
- Fill it with 20-30 ml of water
- Place a solid object in the jar
- Place the humidipacks ABOVE the object
- Seal the Jar

If you wet the packs, with time they will become yellow and crumble on their own. With that you risk some of the salts going around in your jar and on your weed. 
If you instead let them absorb the surrounding water, they'll recharge without getting yellow and crumble. With this you are basically doing the exact opposite of their job: slowly recharging them without water touching the outer layers.

I'm doing this right now for the 4th time in 3 months, as i've used a couple packs for keeping my tobacco humid enough, and well tobacco drains humidity way faster than weed does. The first one i wet it and after 1 month it broke.
Could've been me doing it wrong.. but i got confirms about the other method: http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/cigar-accessory-discussion/183307-recharging-dry-stiff-boveda-pack.html

Cheers!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, g22 said:

@ShaggyGrower

Hi, You buy a aircooled 1000w hps.

wat do you think about a  parabolic 1000w hps some one tell me that give lower heat than a normal light ?

Hi @g22,

I'd not even heard of parabolic HPS shades until you mentioned them (and I Googled), so I've not insight I'm afraid.

The Darkstar shade purchase was an impulse purchase when I was buying the tent, because it looked awesome in the shop and my bodged shade had got burnt and bubbly.  Since that purchase I convinced myself that I needed another light for the now twice as big tent, hence the additional ballast & light purchase.  I'm pretty good at convincing myself I need stuff :smoke:

Anyhoo, here's some more bud picks from just now and just before their lights off (8am):

Bi:

DSCF4930.thumb.JPG.aee4673d07c6e1ec406acf371526914c.JPG

Tri:

DSCF4931.thumb.JPG.7ee44fbfe63ee8ff65ba6f9fcf624869.JPG

This is a dodgy leaf.  It's been like this for a few weeks, and has not spread. I'm not worried, just wondering what it could be?

DSCF4932.thumb.JPG.e90e4b7b08dc8f050bf1f791c96695a5.JPG

Happy Growing!

• Like 1

Yeah with a 120x240 is perfect for 2x 600w normaly a 1000w is more for 150x150 and with a 1000w  you need a higher tent like 2.40m or 2.15 m for parabolic i never use it is just some one ho tell me its better than a air cooled cap so if you try it make a review ✊🍁

2 hours ago, g22 said:

Yeah with a 120x240 is perfect for 2x 600w normaly a 1000w is more for 150x150 and with a 1000w  you need a higher tent like 2.40m or 2.15 m for parabolic i never use it is just some one ho tell me its better than a air cooled cap so if you try it make a review ✊🍁

Yup, I also read that a 1000w HPS is good for a 5x5. Mine is 4*8 (although Sunmaster say, "1000W – An area of around 1.3 to 1.5 metres squared").  I will only use the 1000/1100 for a few weeks of a grow leading up to a defoliation, and when I have lots of distance available (18''-26'' as I've read).

The new ballast and bulb have arrived and have been installed.  They were HUGE compared to the 600w ones:

DSCF4933.thumb.JPG.f4d192c0eae60fff122037c0d7ac3275.JPG

I'll have the 600w set up on one side of the tent and the 1000w on the other at a later date, and place the plants under whichever one is right for them. 

The WR will have a light-fest for their last just over two weeks.

Happy Growing!

• Like 3

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 3:59 PM, g22 said:

@ShaggyGrower

You test your darkstar with the 1000w ?

Wat about the temp ?

✊🍁

It was their night when I installed it. Their day starts at 8pm, so I'll experiment with various ballast settings (400/660/1000/1100) and Darkstar's input/output fan's controller. 

• Like 1

Nice setup bro... and for sure your harvest will be great 2... Your plants looks great so wish you the best for the end of your session... And pretty cool about guerilla outdoor 2 ... At the end of the summer you'll get lot of cool White Rhino to smoke. Cheers & salute !

Evolution666

• Like 1