ShaggyGrower - White Rhino and BIO Feeds test

2 minutes ago, g22 said:

I know people ho dont change the bulb he use hps from the bigining to the end 

Hi @g22, My last grow I was day-tripping them to the HPS tent. So tried it again. 'M' looked a bit sad in there, a bit like a hydro plant all droopy and Brussel Sprout like. Maybe that is the hydro-esque Coco Natural that's doing that (as well as me just giving 'M' and '3' a little Biofeed/water), or me overwatering (I got a little run off), or the light ,or something else (lol).

'5' and '6' are looking dark green compared to 'M' and '3' which are light green which is interesting.

11 minutes ago, g22 said:

?

Mon dernier jour je les faisais trébucher à la tente HPS. Alors essayé à nouveau. 'M' avait l'air un peu triste là-dedans, un peu comme une hydro plant, tout en tombant et comme le chou de Bruxelles. Peut-être que c'est le Coco Natural qui fait ça (en plus de donner juste un peu de 'Biofeed / water' à 'M' et '3'), ou de trop arroser (j'ai un peu coulé), ou la lumière, ou autre chose (lol).

'5' et '6' semblent vert foncé comparé à 'M' et '3' qui sont vert clair ce qui est intéressant.

So they sai everywhere every plant is different and i never grow hydro i know nothing hydro put a picture maby i only grow whit allmix biobiz plagron soil and amendement or bcuzz soil so coco runoff i have no expérience 

23 hours ago, g22 said:

You have goed eye shaggy:blink:

I have good lenses, g22 :) DSCF3625.thumb.JPG.411201c71c57fb572e7dd078dacac413.JPG:

Anyhoo, an update.  'M' and '3' had roots showing at the bottom of their pots, so I have transplanted them into their medium 11l pots.

DSCF3618.thumb.JPG.fd2f084df4e9af42ab5875ca45e2d388.JPG

I pre-mixed 1/3 of the Greenhouse Feeding BioGrow into Canna Coco Coir Natural (60%) and Perlite (~40%) substrate.

In the bottom of the pot I put 3cm of clay pebbles for drainage:

DSCF3617.thumb.JPG.f7b58205ce78c9dae88c33db8caa7d68.JPG

Put the pot into the media to ensure a nice right fit:

DSCF3619.thumb.JPG.c15574413247c788edc68cb888277b9c.JPG

Pop off the pot, ooh, look at those roots, and a good time to transplant I think (perhaps even a day or two late)

'M'

DSCF3620.thumb.JPG.e4fc12f8b3ef38f7d1ab7091e3cd1b36.JPG

'3'

DSCF3624.thumb.JPG.b257235686c8103329f63490dd825dc9.JPG

Pop them in the media:

DSCF3621.thumb.JPG.4bfa6b603ba7dbbf74e577d16f8d23ad.JPG

Add the other 2/3 of BoiGrow as a top dressing and massage in:

DSCF3622.thumb.JPG.7e8309173ada71bf600de975c0ddebc7.JPG

DSCF3623.thumb.JPG.b3d55a4344d9f923e43c9294b97b814e.JPG

I have not watered.  The media has a little moisture in it.  I shall water them tomorrow.

Happy Growing!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, I'm Sal said:

You will be amazed what a full spectrum can do in veg. A definite must in my opinion.

I think to, a good friend use led and on the same strain the difference are incredible in the grow phase. ;-)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, I'm Sal said:

Exactly, the sun does not stop red light when just in veg.

They need full spectrum all the time and the only difference is that they may use certain spectrum more or less in each stage of development.

The difference is huge as you say, I have done it myself.

Indeed.

We aim to have control during the grow, not to change nature's way.

As far as i know, plants prefer sunlight. It's what they developed with.
It's how they grow. 
Of course, plants can adapt. But, if it was you, would you prefer Hospital white light, or some nice sunlight? :D

Yo buddy,
Wasn't absolutely criticizing the way you're doing it. I've done way worse in the past ;)
Hps' are really good lamps, just be sure to cool it properly and you're in for good yields. 

I'm noticing nice growth on mine with fs led lamps, but i'm also noticing a scarcity of light output too, and i think i'll need to upgrade someday to a bigger, and more professional, led lamp. 

I gotta say, i prefer Leds for 3 main reasons: they run at cooler temps, they consume way less electricity, and do not require any ballast whatsoever (i'm a bad electrician).
And, it's bad to say it, but if i could, i'd force plants under blue-ish light: i ain't got that much height, so i prefer to sacrifice some light bands in order to get a much bushier, and shorter plant. 

Luckily, weed is, indeed, weed, and adapts very well to most of the situations.

Cheers!

• Like 1