ShaggyGrower - White Rhino and BIO Feeds test

Watering day for M and 3.

They weighted 3.6kg, so this is my baseline weight.

Made up 4l of Enhancer at the recommended dose in the recommended way.

Gave them a ~2 litres each. Got ~0.5l run off and after a little dripping time their saturated weight is ~4.8kg. Details:

M 3.6kg  2l  6.7ph  180ppm  25c  0ml-12%HP in,  out 7.62ph  1643ppm c 0.4l out  4.8kg wet  - ph HIGH, ppm VERY HIGH
3 3.6kg  2l  6.7ph  180ppm  25c  0ml-12%HP in,  out 7.62ph  1643ppm c 0.4l out  4.8kg wet  - ph HIGH, ppm VERY HIGH

So, each of these 11l pots holds ~1.2-1.5kg of water.

Will monitor weights to tell me how long each watering lasts - hopefully a week as it's a nice round figure :)

Happy Growing!

hat tip to @g22 for the cover tip.  I've no nice black paper, so cardboard will have to do :) 

*********************************************************************************

Pre-Harvest note[30/05/2018] -this is the point it went wrong for M & 3. 

Too much Enhancer and too early to flush those small plants in those big pots. 

Very dry base weight is actually 2.6kg. Lesson learned.

*********************************************************************************

DSCF3627.JPG

• Like 3

Hi @I'm Sal,

My 'shame' was a joke (hence the winky face). 'Shamed' into getting an LED because LED growth seems very good thus far in the other competition grows, such as yours  :clapping:.

I chose ViparSpectra for two reasons (btw my 300w model does not have bloom & veg switches).  Brand is well known and has great reviews from many sites & customers.  The price on Amazon for the item has been reduced a lot since I looked before Christmas (to £75), so seemed like a good deal (although was £69 for a number of days according to camelcamelcamel.

My 300w has a slightly different light signature than the 450w: https://www.epicgardening.com/viparspectra-review/#Reflector-Series

More blue in it apparently than the 450w which is more of an all-rounder.

My two main reservations with LED are the problems that they are likely to give me.  Space (height) issues and the eye issues. 

My propagation tent is 24'x24'x35'. That 35 inches is the issue. My 11 pots rise 9inches, leaving 26 inches left.  If I'm supposed to keep the unit 24 inches above the plant, that's only about 2 inches growing space!

The other is I like to stare at my plants - not possible with LED's without special glasses (more expense).

I'm going to attempt to build a hanging table in my HPS tent so I can hot-swap the plants into there during that grows 12 hours of daylight, together with the LED above so they get some HPS light and the finishing off grow can utilise the spare LED light, and also for a little more height availability.

Real draw is ~866w with LED & HPS on full blast, ~1000w with fans etc accounted for.

Happy Growing!

Edited by ShaggyGrower
real wattage correction

Thanks @I'm Sal,

I've moved it a little closer (18-19 inches). 

With my light meter, this seems just outside max range (~170k lux) by about 3-4 inches (so is at ~ 60k).  When the plant are bigger, I'll move it in closer still to ~ 16inches and see how it goes.

Think I'll wait for my (two pairs of ) ratchet hanger cables to arrive (£4.99 a pair on Amazon, bargain!). Almost had 12kg of seedling fall on top of Ice Cream! So they're on a chair now.

Gotta say the LED lights are making my flowering buds look amazeballs.

Happy Growing!

DSCF3630.JPG

• Like 5

Hello @ShaggyGrower,

Great to see that you have a good led panel for the next of your grow, can wait to see what can give that good for your grow.

Do you are on 18h light on or already on 12h on, I ask taht because i see you other plant on flower

Have a nice and healty grow dude

Hi @OG.Naj,

Day 18 for 'M'. Day 8 for '6', with '3' ~ Day 15 and '5' ~ Day 11 (from breaking soil).

The WR are still on 24/0.  They are sharing the HPS tent with their big cousins for 11.5 hours of the day, then I move them (and the LED) back into the propagation tent for the other 12.5 hours. They are close by and I have the time to do this - such hot swapping won't be everybody's cup of tea.  'M' and '3' will go to 18/6 when they reach 21 days since breaking soil.

A few stray LED protons hitting my 2-3 weeks to go buds can only be a good thing :) (I hope).

Have you got any 4-petal leaves on any of your WR?

Happy Growing!

(fyi, the probe end is on a cola closest to the HPS light to give a canopy temp for the HPS)

DSCF3647.JPG

• Like 1

Had a re-think and at day 18, figured M and 3 needed a little sleep/dark period, so popped them in a warm closet with air movement for 6 hours. 

DSCF3649.thumb.JPG.bf0abd86a1a8e9193df08243a5313409.JPG

H202'd the propagation tent as per one of Franco's tips while it was empty.

So, WR lights off for 18/6 will be from 1pm-7pm to fit with the first-to-know-what-I'm-growing schedule.

5 & 6 still on 24/7.

Happy Growing!

• Like 3

After realising the damage I did yesterday, and additionally not having complete confidence that I know how to use the 200w LED yet (distances), I've switched back to the 125w blue CFL to go-with-what-I-know through this difficult period (which granted, is not a lot). 

While M & 3 are not happy, I think they will survive & flourish.

DSCF3675.thumb.JPG.6424bcfa15696b7052f185ad478249cf.JPG

DSCF3669.thumb.JPG.812db05f297ee7ab04bfa350b56cd6f3.JPG

• Like 2

1 minute ago, g22. said:

@ShaggyGrower when i work in garden with product to burn, kill bad weeds i use a sprayer only for product like that bad product and for treatment on buxus or roses or other i use an other sprayer so your sure not have bad product in it 

The bottle was labelled "H2O2". 

I forgot my Rule Number 1:

Never, EVER, go near your plants with feed, scissors, etc (only eyes) when stoned, EVER! 

• Like 1

Well, an eventful few days since the last update.  Things I have learned:

You may very well mix your calmag, but you need to check the ph before applying as it DID go more alkaline with time.  Started in the bottle at 6.25, and ended up at 8.1 after a week!

Once I'd clocked the above, and given the plants some fresh & properly ph'd water (and back under blue 125w CFL), they started growing happy again.  Granted, they still look very damaged/abused.

DSCF3702.thumb.JPG.d9b9e732cd31cb92b20bd4eb12e1ce30.JPG

DSCF3701.thumb.JPG.07b1869c8f9546b8879101d36c282a12.JPG

DSCF3704.thumb.JPG.c64bc14bf5f6dbfa260623bba80c4389.JPGDSCF3703.thumb.JPG.14d551f2132ae94836cb2c90c5af0b7e.JPG

• Like 2

Day-tripping to the living room window.  A nice sunny day today.

DSCF3706.thumb.JPG.eb41a9eb45e74a576582dd3681cc4032.JPG

I'm getting 1807 (x100, so 180,700) lux, or so says my measuring device, so figured that was good light.

DSCF3707.thumb.JPG.200de476c1f6318b338fb4ae08396cfb.JPG

Saves a bit on electricity as well :)

M & 3 at their base weight (3.6kg) so will give 200ml of tap water each (boiled & sat for a bit, so has some calcium, etc, rather than rain water as I've emptied out my indoor water butt for cleaning).  5 is just under base weight, so will get 100ml.  6 will get 50ml.

Happy Growing!

• Like 2