DJ%20Short%20Blueberry.JPG

DJ Short Blueberry

DJ%20Short%20Vanilluna.JPG

DJ Short Vanilluna

Hawiian%20Queen-AMS.JPG

Hawiian Queen-AMS

Medicanna-AMS.JPG

Medicanna-AMS

These were grown with LED lighting so far. I have a 10' X 16' room. I have 2-288X3watt LED's (864watts each)shown in Pic. I want to clone these 18 plants and put 50 to 60 buckets in this room. Total I have 2-864watts(3 watt diodes) LED's, 4 360 watt LED's(3 watt diodes), 4-90 watt UFO's(1 watt diodes) and 2 cool tubes-30 inch w/2-1000 watt MH or HPS in each (4000 watts total) the 10' X 16' room for flowering and a 10' x 10' room for veg. I am using all FOX FARM Nutrients and basically following there feeding chart from their website. The brown leaves at the bottom got hot fertilizer on them and burnt them a little.

Hey buddy,

looks like you have yield plants there. It is better to cut out the underside and doing some special cuts so that

the plants start to get a bushy crown wich gives you high ammount of clones.

So now its time to think a little, you could cut some clones and set the 18 plants, after another 2 weeks of veg, to flower.

If you use this 18 plants further as mother plants they will give you high ammount of clones.

I would say take 5 between 8 clones from each plant. The bushyer it is the more you can take. Handle it with care and become a feeling for it. After 2 weeks they should get more bushy like before and where you cutted the clones you get two alternate branches now. Also i start to cut the fan leafs, that are useless for clones, when iam taking clones of the plant.

This gives a better airflow for the plant and gives her more light.

But find your own way at least. Ive seen many different cloning technics. I think after a time you create your own technic!

peace

It is so you also have to wait for the clones to finish, they must have good rootmass until you can start with light power and transplanting. A clone, until it have good roots ,could take 3 to 4 weeks until you can use it. Dont transplant to early.

I can post you some pics of some samples when you can start transplant.

In the meanwhile you let the 18 plants also in veg. If you need some other infos or pics, we will help you here!

peace

Thanks, I am using the root riot by clonex for the clones. Can I leave them in the trays for 2 weeks without killing them? The trays have 50 spots for clones, on each tray, with a plastic dome about 8 inches high. Should I keep the humidity high for the clones? I have not done this before and I killed some seedlings by keeping them to wet. I think they did not get enough oxygen. Also, do I keep the clones in the light from the LED's or do they need dark for a day or two? I really appreciate your help.

Hey buddy i give you a link for a pdf what you can read. It includes a step by step tutorial with pictures and i think it is what you need.I dont want that you do something wrong.

Here is the link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/421223588/Jorge_Cervantes__Ultimate_Grow_DVD_Marijuana_Grow_Basics.pdf

This i used also for step by step. It is a great book and you can find another one here in the forum.

peace

Hey agent orange!

Here's something realy useful about cloning and mother plants, by superbluehaze!:

good luck with your clones.

You may find, however that the stem is a little think.

if it is too thick it takes too long for the cutting to form roots.

I have found that around 4mm is ideal.

a cutting has to be able to say alive long enough to form roots,

each fan leaf transpires water, and this stresses the cutting. take the large fan leaves off, and this is cause less stress to the cutting. it can only take water in through its leaves, so make sure the humidity is high in the beginning for the first week or so. happy cloning, john

good luck my friend.

I few tips :

never let you mother plant get to old.

everytime you take cuttings, take one or two from the new growth at the top of the plant or vigorus side branches as future mother plants.

never let your mother plant get older than six months

The condition of the mother is directly linked to the yield produced by the clone.

Watch each cycle and if the yield decreases significantly, then you may have to start again from seed.

Do not forget to give your clones bottom heat.

Never take anymore than about 20% of the over all growth from your mother at one time.

Only take cuttings from that mother plant no more than 2 or 3 times.

she can be flowered then, and you can use another one or two vigorous cutting as a mother plant after that.

take more cuttings then you need and use the most vigorous and healthy ones for future mother plants and to flower.

if you have a friend you can trust, then share your plant with them.

Not only will the person appreciate it, but things can happen, and by sharing your plant, that gives you insurance against sudden disasters: power outage, blocked pump whatever

Wait if you can until the mother plant is around 6 to 8 weeks old before you take cuttings from her.

The stem thickness of the cutting is very important, anywhere from 4 to 6mm, but i have found that the lower stem thickness(4mm) is better as they seem to root quicker.

This caused the cuttings less stress, and stress is always bad for a rooting cutting.

In an emergency it is possible to take cuttings from a flowering plant, but do not use these for mothers.

Take all the flowers from the cutting as this reduces confusion for the cutting.

lastly, be very careful about sterilizing everything especially the trays after each cycle of cuttings has finished.

Only a fool will be hurt by the Intelligence of others, better then themselves! (private joke) :tongue:

For the best book of Jorge Cervantes, check here: http://www.strainhunters.com/portal/content/marijuana-horticulture-indoor-outdoor-medical-growers-bible-jorge-cervantes

Take care