WhiteRhino + Feeding Line Test | LedCherryBerry

With a stalk like that your plant gone produce a lot of flower 😉

She can not stretch a lot with all the head she have wats the size of the pot i think you can use a littel bit biger nex time 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShaggyGrower said:

Highlander looking wonderful @LedCherryBerry, thick foundation stalk and nice canopy. I thought I'd responded yesterday but must have just dreamt that.

Leafy (and other resources) says WR does not stretch very much (compared to other strains), so you should be ok high wise.  I guess we'll all find out :)

Happy Growing!

Hahahah it happens to me too. I prepare an answer, think i sent it, and when i come back i'm confused af. 
Probably it's just me smoking too much and forgetting things :D

Yes, i've seen Leafly mostly, and some growdiaries of the Rhino.. It doesn't seem to stretch too much (on average). 
We just have to wait 6 more days for the switch to happen, and then only time will tell.

Peace!

28 minutes ago, I'm Sal said:

A corner has been turned for sure here @LedCherryBerry and for the space that you have, with training, your Rhino is developing perfect for that space.

Looking at it I think you will have enough space but is there nowhere else to put your "plug/extension factory" because that takes up valuable space and is not in the best place with those many red glowing switches once you switch to 12/12?

Hey @I'm Sal

To move all the plugs i would need to extend 11-12 cables. Lights i bought on amazon came with a wire 150cm long, making it quite hard to figure out the placement of the sockets. 
Luckily, all the red lights go off with the night switch cause they're connected to the timer itself. There's no light disturbance inside. Had to take measures with this, and the extractors are connected outside of the plugs in the tent.

I've got an update to make.
It seems that my hygrometer was WAY off. With the new digital one, that has a + - 0.1° tolerance, my RH actually ranges between 38% and 27%, instead of 75% on average.
Temperature gets 1 degree hotter each 15cm of height, until reaching a maximum of 34° 2cm below the lights. 
I need to figure out how to increase a bit humidity inside, trying to reach 35-45% range.

Until switch.. peace!

• Like 3

Good evening to you all.

I'm proud to say today the timer switched to 12-12. I've waited yesterday's last minute to change it so, so impatiently. I really cannot wait to see this girl give birth to some nice looking nuggets.

It has been a couple months of researching, failing, and most importantly learning.
Learned that i should study further the LST procedure, as mine is clearly NOT that. Highlander has it's main cola topped, and the result has been manifolded, and not LST'ed. Result is a mix between the 2 techniques, but i can't say they're both working properly and perfectly. Easier words: i fucked up!
Either way, the result achieved is just what fits my needs:

WR-1-13Height.thumb.JPG.9adc4db652927008c983c39e92f4c12c.JPG

(one of the bars was removed for a better view)

A short, bushy mother.

Right now, canopy is sitting 38cm beneath the lights. 
I will gradually move the lights up as the stretch goes on, and keep them at a safe distance of 40cm.
Keeping in mind LEDs can burn at less than 30cm, i have 50ca. cm in height left to use. If stretch goes beyond my expectations, i can gain another 10cm removing the net beneath the pot, resulting in 60cm left (aka double the height of the plant itself).

I've got to say, this plant is a surprise for me.
She managed to survive 2 months without that much nutes (been using 1G out of the 2/3G recommended), although with minor and occasional burn spots, possibly by PH spikes. I've been monitoring closely PH before and after the burns, i've seen no more spikes, and no more burns.
A part from the issues, i've noticed this girl in particular must've had a crazy mother.
Her leaves curl occasionally (just a tip, not the entire leaf), some leaves are born with pair numbers of tips, some are born with more than 9 tips (i've spotted a 11 tips so far). And most importantly, she put her pre-flowers out since day 30 or so.
VEG Phase concluded after a stunning 54 days.

This is the view from above:

WR-1-13Canopy.thumb.JPG.58da5f31adbf6f1f92823fef02d33249.JPG

And from below:

WR-1-13Structure.thumb.JPG.67c32b075938b3b7dcdfa273277fbc93.JPG

Surely Highlander developed some crazy jungle in there. 
I'm not a particular fan of defoliating. I guess i should've done it more. Another fuck up!
But it seems that she's doing quite fine after all. 
Of course, i am very aware my Harvest will not be amazing, I'm just working hard to learn as much as i can, as fast as i can.
I realized that writing a journal helps me remembering my mistakes, and well.. When i don't remember jack shit, i come back here and read :D

Last but not least:
WR-1-13Stalk.thumb.JPG.df3549de1843135b5d8551e9a74336bf.JPG

(Sorry for the crappy quality of this one, MACRO didn't want to cooperate)

Now, regarding the feeding.

I've fed her with 0.5g lt substrate BioGrow, as the plant is overall small and i don't want her to stretch more than she can.
Moreover, dosage during veg was 1g.
As of the BioBloom, i've put 2g instead of 3g. Again, i don't want to risk major burns. I still am trying to figure out the uptake of this plant.
As said before, i know the harvest will not be great, but i'm really satisfied with what i got now, hence i'll be more satisfied to see her complete the cycle, no matter how.
Either way, it's upon me to decide, and my own risk, electricity, bla bla bla. 

I've got a question, regarding flushing and the feeding.
I know, this may has been asked countless times, and sorry for asking you to answer it again, but..
If the powder feedings stay into the soil for 2 months, taking waterings 2-3 times per week.. Is flushing actually doing anything?
I mean, aren't those powders studied to, indeed, STAY in the soil and slowly release upon watering? 
Of course, my blooming cycle is scheduled to be more than 60 days (63 or 70), i'm asking for strains that can be harvested AT 60 days, and therefore require 3-4 days more for flushing and drying. 

Second question:
Do you guys know any method to reduce noise (from the fans)? 
It's really killing my sleep, having to sleep next to it, with the fans and extractors on 24/24, and 75Db constantly in my ears.
No, can't use earplugs, i'd miss the bell next morning :D

Either way.. 
I'll see you all in a week. Hope to see some pistil development by then.
I'll head smoke a doobie, as this post was HELLA long to write!

Peace!

P.S.: OH SHIT as always i forget to put PH readings. PH in and out was a stable 6.2.
LedCherryBerry OUT!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, I'm Sal said:

Calmer waters now @LedCherryBerry and everything seems to be moving smoothly forward.

I am very pleased to see that your plant is in rude health.

Perfect stature, perfect size, perfect canopy and some very nice looking potential budsites.

By the looks of it this plant, despite a long way to go yet, might just surprise you regarding yield. It is a known decent producer and you now have the perfect foundation.

One of the favorites for the competition if you ask me because of the growing confines and also the shaky start during veg BUT now look at HIGHLANDER!!

Thank you @I'm Sal for the kind words. 

I'm well aware of her optimal yield, but i'm also aware mine are not the optimal conditions.
Scarcity of space is making me scratch my head for where to place the fans. Plus, the sockets have a very short wire, and the plugs near the tent are pretty away. Yet, it's the only spot i've got. Another issue is my lighting system, which is improvised and absolutely not professional. I probably have 8 "hot-spots" instead of 1.
Luckily i managed to adjust RH, airflow and exhaust systems. 
Last but not least: i can count 11 colas, and some other 5-6 beneath them. Less is more, and i've got more over less. Third fuck up.

Yes, initial 30 days of the VEG phase were very deluding for me too. I tried to stay positive about it, but it was killing my soul.
"A strong indica" is what i kept reading here and there.. i was just confused, a bit deluded, more over angry at myself for not having considered the r. dosages.
Now, i get to adapt dosages to her blooming phase as she's not at her full potential. Yes, she's ready, but she could've been "more".
Needless to say, the first growth explosion really surprised me.
Ok, it was bumpy, a bit weird shaped. But at the end of the 5th week she was another plant.
Now i look at it, and if i think that 1 month ago she was probably 1/6th of what she's now, if not less.. I just can't think of it.
Nature is a good thing. Weed is just wonderful.
Either way, bloom phase is up, and this is where i'm required to pay attention. Closely.

All i'm hoping for is 10+g per cola (150-200g more or less). If she yields more well.. much better for me! But i'd be happy with that result.
More importantly, i care about her taste. She might not give the largest buds i've ever seen, but i do care about her taste and smell. 
I'll try to be as precise as possible during this phase, and also the drying-curing.
I've already bought four garden sized jars (In our country, it's of use to hide weed.. under weeds, but i say it as a joke - i keep them hidden in a dry and dark place), can hold 2.5lt inside, so i really hope i can stick some sticky buds in there.

Next watering (in 3-4 days) i'll water with the Enhancer. Been 2.5 weeks from the last dosage. Next enhancer will be in 1.5 weeks, as i need to adjust the schedule to 2 weeks again. Dosages will be the same: 0.5g/LT (4LT).

Regarding Your grow, i'm sticking like a fly (a good one!) as i take it as a landmark for mine, for comparison and for adjustments. Your plants are the healthiest among every website i've visited. I'm really hoping the leaves never yellow (until it's their time to) as i want to see how WR grows in its full genetics. I wonder what colours it'll take: online pics regarding WR are absolute shit. 

A question: is rotating the pot, hence the plant, a good thing or a dumb thing?
I do it to let all spots get all the light possible, and i do it evenly during the day. 
Maybe i've just wasted my time. Worth the ask, tho.

• Like 3

Your plant is beautiful  from under to the top ledberry for the noise of my extractor i put it in a box with insulation in my case its 2 sleeping bag but extractor is an isobox its alredy insulat you can use insulation material like insulation wool in a box and your extractor in center

19 minutes ago, I'm Sal said:

I rotate pot positions every week to 10 days @LedCherryBerry

When you said you expect a small yield I thought you meant less than an ounce (28g). I said it might surprise because I think it will but if you have estimate of between 150 to 200g it is high for a small place with a small plant.

The plant is perfect for its space and hope your estimates are reached, I hope I reach those estimates per plant......I'd be ecstatic. 

Can you please give me an estimate of what i should get? Don't want to give my hopes at the last minute, better be prepared.
I'm happy too with less, ofc i'd be happy with more, but i realize the limits.

Nah, 1Oz was the requirement for the poor bagseed i did before this grow. Gladly surpassed it, but as you said, it could've been WAY more.
I'll say, if i get an ounce per sq. feet with Highlander i'll be happy. Not the best yield per plant, but given the dimensions again, i realize the limitations.

Also, why saying that? Your plants look astoundingly good. Yields are in your favour, not mine. 
What yield do you think to achieve with this grow? Again, to regulate the thought on mine.
I'm not aiming to surpass you, i'm aiming to survive all of this : D

Huh, didn't know about this. 
Also, my math was again wrong. I thought i had roughly 4 sq. ft., instead 60x60cm translates into 6.5 sq. ft. roughly.
I knew about lumens per sq. ft., but lumens are also a wrong measure for plants. 
Anyway, i've got 320 real watts, divided per 6.5, i get a 49.2W per sq. ft.
Airflow, i've got 108m3 per hour, therefore 1.8m3 per minute. Translated into cubic feet, that becomes 63,56.
As for the amps, well.. Until now it didn't melt!
Jokes apart, i've got 10-16A plugs so no worries here.

As for the yield yes, you're right.. it's a waste of time discussing it now. Maybe we can start in the last 3-4 weeks : )

Thanks for the chart. Again, learned something.
Luckily i'm just below the co2 limit. My air should be fine. Another doubt gone.

Since i've been talked shit for so many months, behind my back, from people i'm not going to mention in this topic, i've decided to interrupt updating the journal, up until the last days of the contest. 
It makes me sad that being a newbie in the field, i've got to be treated like a poor idiot, and not somebody to help.
I thought we were here to share our results and experiences, yet it seems we're here to insult each other's work, blame each other's failures, and generally hate who doesn't do the "job" like you do it. 

I would like, instead, to thank @Cannabissapean who supported all my efforts, and patted my back when i failed.

I'll see you all in May.

Upon reading everything again for the 7th time, and giving it a wide thought, i'll keep posting as usual. 
It isn't fair towards those who are following, and are interested in seeing this through. 
More over, it is my grow, my journal. I can be bad, it can be fucked up, but it needs to be updated.
Starting now.

Highlander begun stretching. I've raised the lights 5cm. 
Temp inside ranges from 29.5 to 22. 
I've read WR can withstand high temps with no problem, but flowers tend to foxtail with high temps.
I've also read it is resistant to low fertilization (my case), or to over fertilization, but overall WR's uptake is less compared to other strains.
Source: http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/White_Rhino/Green_House_Seeds/review/indoor/

I'll see you all Wednesday.
Cheers.

• Like 3

I would've continued anyways, privately, and then sharing a long, long post each month, maybe.
But i figured it is just not correct. I've started in one way, better finish that way too.

Nah, i'm not leading anything if not myself towards madness. Your grow is the best among all.
I keep your plants as an objective to reach. 

The only thing i'm concerned right now is height. 
My room conditions don't allow a taller (or wider, for that matter) tent.
I initially wanted to buy a 80x80x200, but it was just too wide, and i cannot find a 60x60 taller than 170.
I feel Highlander could've been.. more. Much more. But i'm happy with what i've got.

As said in the previous post, stretch has started and it's going fast. Maybe, a bit too fast. She gained 4cm in 2 days.
She is 43cm tall, with the first 2 colas starting 10cm from the stalk, making the whole plant being 33cm.
I expect her to reach 70cm circa. Meaning i have 70cm plant + 30 pot + 10cm saucer + 30cm light rack. Total is 140, leaving just 30cm of space.
If the plant reaches such heights, i will remove the saucer "elevator" and gain an additional 10cm, avoiding burn. 
Yet, i'm afraid that by doing so, i can risk some rot beneath the pot. Meh, i'll figure it out.

I also researched a bit more on yield. Yes, my estimates are too fucking high.
I brought my hopes down at around 80-100g. Still, means to me a 3-month stash, to be preserved for "holiday use".

Again, you're in the lead, and i prefer it this way. I've got a lot to learn from you, and this one is a good opportunity to do so.

Last thing, wanted to clarify another point of that post.
When i said "what i am doing is different from what i planned to do", i meant that initially i was planning a scrog for this grow.
I realized the plant was too small for that after the 3rd week, and i figured i'd just top her, and do what i've done. 
Also, it would've been my first scrog. Doing a first attempt at it, while participating at a contest, with the risk of fucking it up unrecoverably, made me think that it was a really bad idea. 
My words were not clear at the time, so much misunderstanding had raised from it and i am sorry for that.

• Like 1

Thanks man. Really. Appreciate it.

Indeed, i've noticed 2 shooters, and quickly tied them just a bit down. They were breaking the canopy of 3cm, adjusted them. 
I now understand i can still train the plant now, but i will not be able to when the buds start thickening, as the branches should get woody and stiff.
That's a good thing for me. Less worries for height problems, as i count at least a week before any pistil comes out.

As for the fans, i'll figure something out. Original boxes came with a plastic bag, the filter and.. well, the box. 
No polystyrene in it, no such fluffy things. Yet, having the keys of a warehouse, makes it pretty easy to find such materials. I'll make something out of it today.

As for the buds.. In the end, i'll be happy with what comes out of it. WR is still a strong hitter, so i shouldn't be worried about yield anyway. I'm more worried for the spacing between colas, as it could result in mold.. which i obviously don't want.
This raises a question for me: at what time can i cut some leaves? If i can at all at this point. Her leaves may seem pretty small (and they are), but she's so, so bushy. I'm concerned about leaf coverage over buds during blooming..  I got a fan blowing on the canopy, and soon i'll have one blowing the light's heat away, but i think i'll have to defoliate more often than i expected, and i don't really want to stunt her. 

I'll update with what i manage to do later, or maybe tomorrow. Got quite a handful of tasks to fulfill apart from these..
Until then, peace!

• Like 1

Hi ledberry you can defoliate from the first week to the 3 week of 12/12 defoliate ones in the first and ones in the 3 week if you want to its wat i read from a goed source i thinks its just goed to defoliate the base just for air siculation and cut the littel suckers  ho make littel bud  under but not to much 

• Like 2

Mea culpa, by "tasks" i meant "work stuff". Nothing involving the grow itself, other stuff i needed to fix.

I guess i'll let them grow naturally, and tuck some of the leaves/branches down a bit. 
A thing i've got to do for sure is buy supports, and install them. At least i'll get buds tied to something and not risk breaking anything during any moving.

As for the defoliation: that's nice! 
I have defoliated already 2 times, but not so intensively. I've removed 10-15 leaves per defoliation, which is nothing compared to 2 full bags heheheh.
I thought i'd stress the plant too much if i did it during flowering, but i guess i am still working with the plant to obtain a good yield.
It's another way to use the "less is more": you remove some parts to redirect energy towards others.
I think i'll defoliate at the start of the next week, and see the outcome of it. 

I tried stuffing some cloths in a box, cutting an opening for air, and place it on the extractor. 3Db removal was what i got. Doing it on both had an effect of 7Db down.
It feels like i'm sleeping on an airplane, between 44-46 Db. If i place a pillow on the meter, it goes down to a good 39-41 Db. I guess i can try it one night and see how it goes. In the end, i just need to resist 67 more days.

I'll try keeping some of the little suckers down there. I know i can harvest the big part of the plant, and let the popcorn buds cook a little longer. I had experience in the past where popcorns would taste not stronger, but sweeter. And there's plenty of energy for the little suckers anyway. 
Say, i'll keep the ones that surpass 4-5cm, and cut the ones below that limit.

Little update.
I've fed Highlander with the Enhancer, 0.4g x lt, PH at 6.2.
I've noticed some other spots, similar to the previous posted. 
I've researched a bit on the topic, and another idea popped in mind. Maybe it's not a deficiency or an excess, it's a lockout. 
I'll try raising the PH in the next feedings from 6.2 to 6.5, and keep it there. It's possible i either have a P, Ca, Mg lockout. 6.2 is just enough for the uptake of everything else.

As for the enviroment, RH has stabilized around 30-45%, temps range between 20° and 28°. 

I can't fix the noise issue. I can cover the filter, but most of the noise comes from inside of the tent. Putting a box there would mean way less space. 
I have another idea, but i cannot realize it today: weather red alert. It's possible it'll rain a month in less than 6 hours.

Time for an update.

It's Day 8 of Bloom, and i've noticed some pistils are already coming out!
Most of her hairs are 1cm long, some actually measure 1.5cm. Useless data, still interesting.

Highlander stretched uniformly, but instead of focusing on height, she focused on leaves. Damn, that "thing" was a jungle!
She gained 10cm in 1 week, and i'm keeping the lights at 32cm ca. 
I had to take measures against the jungle before of what i've scheduled, and instead of Day 10, i defoliated on Day 6. 
I took off 60~ leaves, and that allowed light to reach the lower colas, trying to break out the roof. To my eyes, she recovered from the trauma in a day, and is now proceeding with the stretch.

I've fed her with water, raising the PH to 6.3. I'll see in the next days how she responds to the steady increase to 6.5.

Now that the plant has grown in height, i have a better idea of temperature. 
On soil surface, temps reach max 23.5°. At canopy, they reach 28.5°. RH increased temporarily when the jungle grew out, up to ranges of 40-55%, the air inside smelled like rain. With the recent defoliation, those values are back to 30-45%, and there's no more rain-smell. I guess i'll need to defoliate one last time before the buds start fattening, or i'll risk serious humidity issues later on.

Pic time!
Highlander's Canopy:
WR-1-14Canopy.thumb.JPG.f37b40a371cbc371cf3dac579a96e17a.JPG

Highlander's Structure (after defo):
WR-1-14Structure.thumb.JPG.6f9ae006ba1260ff41a98ac86e4e7d93.JPG

Height:
WR-1-14Height.thumb.JPG.e7f844152df092f32a17f54f2867d861.JPG

Early, early flowers:

WR-1-14Flower.thumb.JPG.0756aea7cf78d7ada31f12c3b6c18cb8.JPG

(thank you macro for not cooperating again on focus)

See y'all in the next days.

• Like 3

Small, but needed update.

Now that i'm raising PH from "lockout zone", i'm seeing what it seems to be a N deficiency. 
4-5 bottom leaves yellowed, then got a bit brown on the sides, then the stem becomes weak and the leaf falls on its own.

Now, my question is: since powder feedings are supposed to last 8 weeks, how do i temporarily increase N till it's not needed anymore?
Can i feed her a very light mix of liquid grow fertilizer - biobizz one - like 0.5ML/LT? Or will it cause even more instability?
Asking @Cannabissapean 'n @jan.gh, or any other member that knows a bit on the topic.
I don't know if mixing powders AND liquid nutes is a good thing. Better to ask before doing it.

Let alone this issue, Highlander is still stretching, but it seems the stretch is almost over. 
Flowers are now visible, yet imho they look quite small, but i guess it's all proportioned (plant is relatively small).

I'll post the pics later on.
Cheers!

• Like 1

Here's the supposed N deficiency pic:
5aaff04e20c01_WR-1-15N.Deficiency.thumb.JPG.0594dafab576cd3334b70ceabace60a3.JPG

Do you think it's N? maybe Fe? 
Any suggestions on how to fix the issue, a part from blaming me for not using more BioGrow?

@g22 I've got the BioBizz Heaven, but from what i read around it's just a less powerful root juice.

All i know is that flowering requires less N than in the grow phase. It seems Highlander requires a bit more, but i don't know if adding specific liquid nutes can solve the issue, as the powders are already present in the soil.