How much does it take for you to get high?

HotSauceMC

Hello lovely people, I was just wondering how much weed does it usually take for you to get high? Personally for me, it takes around half a gram, or less, of some high quality cannabis before I start feeling a buzz. It would be useful for me if you were to describe how much of the amount, quality, and also if you are a frequent or occasional user. Any additional information that you could offer would be greatly appreciated as I am planning on starting a business here in the United States. Thanks again forum!

• Like 2

Half a gram and less..

However I would like to remind another perspective regarding this point. For me marijuana experience is total of some conditions:

* having the suitable genetics which support your mood at the time : For me there is time for sativa and there is time for indica. There is time for anxiety and there is time for stopping the mind.

* understanding your inner self and your personal life projection: what I mean that marijuana, due to its effects on neurological system that creates what we are and who we are, opens new perspectives and pushes one to have rather different analytical point of view on the matter and time. Our all life experience is to discover and experience what the moment brings and what is our reaction to what the moment brings.

For me marijuana is not sth for being high but for understanding the moment correctly.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi HotSauceMC, this is an interesting question.

There are a lot of variables involved here such as the strength of the herb, hit profile is it a heady/cerebral Sativa type hit or does it have an indica body stone with a mild high, maybe a total couch lock narcotic type hit, I prefer the Indica type profile, but Sative highs are nice too, its all good.

Another variable is tollerance, I smoke every day, herb is part of mi life, like a wife, I don't smoke shag I just smoke herb, if I roll a 1 skin joint with a regular rizla I use maybe half a gram of bud, if a use two rizla (saturday night special pattern) or king size rizla I use about a gramme maybe more, depends how phat I mek mi spliff

The thing is when I draw on a spliff I take three good tokes, I like to draw deep, by the time I exhale I can feel it and I carry on to build my vibe as I smoke the spliff then I am good for a few hours and I get on with my day and whatever I have to deal with.

Herb is soul food.

Gasmeter

• Like 2

A very interesting topic, we can compare how each person works.

Personally, I've been smoking since I was 15, now I'm 40, so I've been smoking hashish and marijuana for 25 years. I have always liked to try new strains, so I can say that I have tried many, many different strains.

Each person is a universe, I usually smoke between one and three grams a day, sometimes more and sometimes less. Right now I am resting, that is, I am taking a few weeks without smoke to reduce my tolerance.

Then I'll start with half a gram a day and probably in about three to four months I'll be back at several grams a day.

It also depends on genetics, if it is potent you smoke less, if it is mild you smoke more.

Health is another important factor, you have to be 100% healthy to enjoy marijuana in a recreational setting. If it's for medicinal reasons, then it's another story.

How much is it normal to smoke in general? I think about half a gram, maybe a little less. But obviously, the more you smoke, the more tolerance you have and the more amount you need to get the same effect.

Greetings! 

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Hi there!

Well, It really depends on the quality of the bud, how I smoke it and the activities that I do after and of course tolerance. Even with all these things considered, I could say that the average for me would be would be a a gram or two smoked through a bong or rolled up. I seem to always achieve the feeling that I want with that amount but it comes down quicker when my tolerance is high.

Peace!