Help with indoor grow, lemon skunk

CHIEFcent

15 minutes ago, CHIEFcent said:

I got a 5×5×7 grow tent with a 440 cfm inline fan exhausting air out of tent. Does fan need to be in full capacity to replace air at least once every 3 min. I have inline fan at low & my aim is to keep temps in low 70 F.

Hi @CHIEFcent,

Found this which might help:

Required extractor fan size in CFM= Volume of active growing space (ft) x 1.33
http://www.just4growers.com/stream/ventilation-and-environmental-control/how-to-calculate-the-size-of-your-extraction-fan.aspx

Based on the above, I make the calculation for your area: 232.75, so your 440 is better than that.

Happy Growing!

Ok, so bottomline is replace air 1 every 3 min. At the least For adequate co2 & fan cfm that i curently have is more than effecient. So once i connect the carbon filter theres a 25% loss of effeciency. Ok, so then is it ok to have tent compleyely sealed?

2 minutes ago, CHIEFcent said:

Ok, so bottomline is replace air 1 every 3 min. At the least For adequate co2 & fan cfm that i curently have is more than effecient. So once i connect the carbon filter theres a 25% loss of effeciency. Ok, so then is it ok to have tent compleyely sealed?

Yes, completely sealed is great as with your fan it should create a negative pressure, ie, pushing more air out than is coming in. 

Your fan will such in the sides of your tent (if it is sealed).  This is good (as long as it not too much and your tent collapses inward) as it means smells, etc, should not escape.

7 minutes ago, CHIEFcent said:

Good advice shaggy i just need direction first indoor grow & i dont know what to expect.

I'm just finishing my first full indoor grow [1] so have been in a similar boat and had similar questions :)

In the last two weeks for me.

Happy Growing!

[1] -

Lemon skunk, Blue Dream F

I started seed in root riot starter plug indoor under led. I had to bring under sun to make seedlings stronger cuz they stretched, I should have just transfered to 5gal pot. I transfered into solo cup i tend to overwater, so by keeping in small container i dont drown seedlings. They just need a moist environment & time!

3b5d9171-1de3-4198-868d-4b1a86beb377.jpg

• Like 1