How build an independent 5 Gallon bucket with dripping system.

Hello people.... I was asked recently to expound on my use of 5 Gallon bucket with dripping system.

You¡ll need:

1 5 Gallon bucket.

1 Fountain pump, needs to be up to 77 gallons per hour & you will use it below 50% of his power.

1 Airpum (with 2 air exits will be better)

2 Airstones.

1 meter of 1/4 inch hose.(or the one your fountain pump uses)

1 meter of 1/8 inch hose.(or the one your airpump uses)

DWC%20cubeta%20de%205%20galones%20implem

You need to put 3 holes on the top, 1 for the net put (I use 3'' net pots but you can use bigger if u wanto.), 1 for the host comming up from the fountain pump & 1 or 2 holes for the hose comming from the air stones to the air pum & then just put it together.

DWC%20cubeta%20de%205%20galones%20%282%2

I use a max. of 3 galons of nutes on it, set up a wet dry cycle 15 minutes on 15 minutes off for the fountain pump, if your plant grow to big you can use pipes as sticks.

DWC%20cubeta%20de%205%20galones%20%286%2

Hope that the buckets will work for some of you, they're easy to built & use.

Thanks Romeu... I think they're the very easy to built & may help some SH that may look for something like this to grow the plants individualy & get more control on the nutes & others.

Fuzzy if u can, please move the post to Advance Techniques when u have a chance.

Thank you

shades_smile.gifGreat system Anguscr i've used them in the past. As you have seen we use pretty much the same system except my pots are linked and drain back to main res. www.strainhunters.com/portal/content/new-grow-room-easy-pot-pot-system shades_smile.gif Only 2 things i would suggest !

1. is use black pots i found the white pots let light into your nutes and can course green algi problems.

2. found it better to make up small feeding ring for top of the pot instead of pumping straight onto the main steam like you show a constant stream of water on a stem may only be 1 in 100 but can course stem rot?

shades_smile.gifkeep it up man great info

Glad to inspire you Syn...thanks my man.

dfwi... Defetnitly everything black will be better including hose & others but just get white & grey, posted the white one because it details look better using the white bucket.. Man, great idea about the ring, I'll work on one similar to yours.

Thanks for stopping by guys.

Hey Aussie, The problem with algae, apart from the appearance and smell problems it creates, it uses up nutrients from the solution and as it blooms, dies and decomposes, it removes dissolved oxygen from the system. This increases the oxygen demand on the system and the plant's roots may suffocate from a lack of O2. Decomposing algae may also release toxins as it breaks down and provides a food source for plant fungi which may then multiply to high levels. Algae on plant root systems can suffocate roots, making the plants prone to attack by opportunist. It also has the ability to block drippers, pumps, return channels, and heavy infestations can actually 'seal' off the surface of the media or substrate. Keep in mind that most of us change our nutrients on a rugular basicis so you will find you will not incounter many problems but if left it can course them shades_smile.gif