Hawaiian Snow & Topping

bozick

Hi guys,

please let me know your taughts for topping Hawaiian Snow?

I'll be growing in soil, outdoors (on balcony) and I wanted to follow 4-Way LST (http://www.growweedeasy.com/scrog-tutorial#4-way-lst), but I've read ... quote: Hawaiian Snow grows in a pine-tree profile, with wide distances between internodes. Topping her elongated branches is counterproductive while bending achieves amazing results.

Is this true? ... should I only be bending main stem, or follow another training for better yields?

Thanks and enjoy :pleasantry:

• Like 3

Thanks for the answer Jose.gh.

Super cropping looks quite advanced for my grow, but maybe I'll give 1 plant a go.

Could you let me know, what's the best time to super cropp for aprox. height of 1 m bush?

Do you top or fim before super cropp?

Hi again,

I've got 1 more question regarding the flowering of the Hawaiian Snow:

- outdoor finish is last week of October

- it flowers 11 weekds

- does that mean that is start to flower on on 2nd week of July?

Thanks!

Hi Bozick, 

I do not recommend pruning fim or similar, it is a plant that branches out but generates a very good central tail.

The height depends on you. Do you have a maximum height? What I would do is bend the branches above the desired height (crop). And that's it. 

If you don't have a height problem, it's best to let it grow free. Put some support, to prevent the plant from bending in flowering.

This genetics is ready at the end of October in the northern hemisphere, some phenotypes may be delayed a little longer. so we should always look at the trichomes:) They will tell us when the plant is ready to be harvested.

Cheers

• Like 1

Thanks once again Jose.gh!

I have magnifier and I know when to harvest ... the question was, when does this flower start to bloom (outdoors).

In the video they mention that flowering time is 11 weeks.

I need to schedule the nutes, and I would like to know all the cycles of the plant.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi again,

I decided to bend the main stem (in week 7 - light blue markup) ... please see the pictures attached and advise, if I should also bend the end/highest point of the stem again (red circrle) - to narrow it with other shoots going upwards?

Thank you!

IMG_2034.jpg

IMG_2035.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Few weeks till harvest, and the right flower (1 of 3 in the pot) is not healthy: the leaves are narrower, burnt, looks week, the top is bending ...

Please advise, what could be the problemc and what should I do, to help her regain the energy/life? Thanks!!

img2772.jpg

img2773.jpg

• Like 1

Hi do you chek the jorge cervantes deficient chart ?or chek on growweedeasy 

Wat do you use for fertilizer? Do you use a pesticides?wat for medium ,do you give somthing too much or not enought to that plant? Its organic or minéral.....

Hi,

it's strange, that there are 3 flowers in 1 pot, and only one is getting sick?!

I'm using light mix soil with perlite and pH Perfect Micro/Grow/Bloom fertilisers + I used some Voodoo Juice & Big Bud.

From the leaves chart I would say Zinc is missing (but only on 1 plant?!).

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@g22

Hi agian,

I think I'll try with mainlining to 8-16 branches - to have only mains (easier to harvest and have only bigger buds, no popcorn).

Maybe supercropping the braches that will lead.

I also bought 4 poles that I'll mount to base, and I'll put a trellis to attach the mains to the net (couldn't find tomato ring).

I like to try someting new every year, change the fertilisers ...

It's a nice hobby :) (I also bought The Cannabis Grow Bible, and maybe I find something else I would like).

Regards.

• Like 1