Hello

I seem to be able to use technology a little better in daylight hours so will have a crack at this. I'm not a strain hunter, just a very well travelled weed aficionado who seems to always end up in bizarre places but I always manage to sample the local offerings :)

ive kept a Journal of strains and where and any good for the last thirty years, always been around growers and am in the process of applying for a research licence. 

My two main areas of research are climate suited strains hoping to cut down the energy footprint of commercial grows which rely heavily on aircon in Australia and developing a natural plant hormone derived "tonic" used in conjunction with your existing fertiliser regime. Testing has been very promising on all crops I've used - increased yield, slightly quicker growth rates, getting hold of that apical dominance and encouraging plants to branch out horizontally aiming for shorter internode spacing. 

I have three family members with cancer at the moment who are all annoyed that no doctor here seems to want to be the first to prescribe. So, yes, it's personal too.

I was given some land on Tanna island in Vanuatu for my translating and advisory services (I speak Bislama and Pidgen, the worlds two least needed languages) and at some stage would like to assist the village women in using the landraces that grow all over the island to weave mats they pay their kids school fees with, and also perhaps to come up with something better than a nambas for their husbands to wear....it's difficult to give advice on tourism development when you are the only person on the island without your bum bare.

There are a couple of places I'd like to help out - Madagascan ladies who do the most amazing embroidery and use the landrace there as fire kindling, and the people of PNG who have an amazing strain but no idea that it can be used for anything other than getting stoned, drinking, chewing betel nut and subsequently beating each other up. 

Ive been extremely lucky to have lived this life less ordinary so feel an obligation to give something back, and I can't think of anything better to give back than this awesome herb I've chased around the planet.

I'm not a strain hunter and would never call myself that so I will settle with Canna geographer :)

Thanks for having me and I'm sure I will be able to learn a lot from you all 

IMG_3453.JPG

• Like 5

That photo was taken by a friend in....Lebanon! 

Madagascar really is one of the poorest countries in the world really trying to find their way post independence but with such high poverty and a really corrupt government (its standard to be pulled over 3 times a day to pay some sort of fine - hence why you find the local "fixer" who both pays the police and brings you goofballs of hash :D ) it's hard for the locals to progress. 

Theyre such nice people they put up with me walking around in my underwear for two weeks (why put clothes on if they're only going to get soaked in the 99% humidity) - they deserve the basic right to clean water and a school that caters for kids over 12 on that island. 

If they can make ylang ylang scented body creams that go straight to the parfumeries of Paris, they can make cocoa butter Canna skin creams!

• Like 3

Hola buenas tardes , parece una plantación privada verdad? todas las plantas se ven muy bien cuidadas a la misma altura y no se ve ni una mala hierba cerca

Saludos y fenomenales humos 

Hello good afternoon, it looks like a private plantation right? all the plants look very well maintained at the same height and you can not see a bad weed near

Greetings and great smoke

• Like 3

I may be wrong but I do believe it's a private plantation - she is still in Lebanon and is keeping her location and who she is with very quiet...which is wise. I hope she took that shot discretely, it's certainly a well tended crop...and she doesn't even smoke!!

ETA - I'd hazard a guess this is destined to become hash??

• Like 3

Its for the famous libanon hash  i think i smoke it from a coffee shop when i was young but can't remember i onlysmoke marocan hash in the past  and now i only smoke weed and no tobacco otsalways great to read story about people ho travel the world 🍁👍

• Like 2

Gracias por la aclaración Sirena medicinal y g22, buena plantación la verdad quien pudiera tener una así, en España con las leyes como están es imposible tener tantas, si fuese legal sería un gran negocio para muchos incluso salir de la tan temida crisis,

Thank you for the clarification Sirena medicinal and g22, good planting the truth that can have one, in Spain with the laws, as it is impossible, but it is a big business for many, without leaving the crisis, but with so much corrupt politician and so many hidden interests, I doubt that legalize in some day

• Like 3

I crew on yachts and tall ships - everything from racing maxis and cruising yachts to 1606 replica VOC pirate ships with bricks for bunks. I'm starting to feel a little more beaten up after each trip, even though most of the last decade I've been on dive boats. Diving really gives you a look at the state this planet is in from a whole other angle, year after year I find myself having to go further and further to get away from telephones, selfies, life.  I'm not a real fan of the human race - the further and deeper away I am the happier I am. Diving is my zen.  

I'm as much a part of the problem as anyone else...I jump on a plane because my kid bought me a ham sandwich (I don't eat ham! Never have, never will!) and burn up jetfuel to go diving (and find some herb!). I realised how much I contribute to the problem when I go through airports in Africa or PNG and just automatically stick a wad of cash inside my passport to get thru the moshpit that is most African airports. I've found most towns - especially ports - have the token hustler who can find you this or that and often turns out to be a blessing particularly as I do most of my travelling solo. In a car with three doors, no number plates, a dude with 2Pac shaved into his head chewing khat is sort of more my style of travelling than a contiki tour. 

This is part of the reason I have this urge to do something about the lack of a school on the Madagascan North West Islands. Once those kids hit 12, it's a choice between a boy or girl taking the ferry over to the mainland to continue getting an education. The boy is always going to win leaving the girl uneducated and often ending up walking the streets...I know it's a world wide problem but maybe I can do something about it.  Malagasy people are lovely but theyre at the mercy of a very corrupt system. It's entirely possible for the local police to demand a payment to release a ladies fabric for her only source of income. 

I guess we have to  aim for small wins sometimes. 

• Like 3