when to flower?

red viper

I'm new at growing, and I have a few questions. I havent flowered the plants, what I have now, they are about a foot, foot and a half. I'm tempted to bud them, not just to get the Bud but From what I learned reading the plants mature growing at a faster rate when budding. Would this be accurate? Also should I up the nutrition when they are budding any input would be greatly appreciated.

Guest samuelo
hi red viper - first welcome to strainhunters

yes from the height stated it does seem that your plants may be mature enough to flower and yes expect them to shoot up more than double in the first few weeks of flowering, in flower plants require different nutrients than when they are in vegation - mainly p and k.... these should be started around 2 weeks into flowering

would be nice to see your plants and give you more hints and tips as you go - samuelo

Hi and welcome^^ everything samuelo describes^^ also what i go by is a nice sturdy plant, thick stem and good root mass, do the research about the NPK, flush the plants when switching to bloom nutes in the second week, watch your PH and EC for your strain. When i have problems like everyone will experience i have a rule of thumb if in doubt flush it out and leaves curl down too much of somthing...curl up not enough of somthing, so i use the leaf to spot any potential problems early on as you will be more likley to come across, "lock out" due to a buld up of salts or NPK and one of the most important ;) EC and PH invest in meters if you dont have them a must for any grower! You will see a massive burst of growth around the time when you switch the nutes, any pics ?