Hot houses

angryemu125

No a green house...sorry friend, just having a bitch of a time controlling humidity and temp..its an open flow green house but the moisture content in the ground is what's getting me..or more to the point will be getting me cant floor it and I be transplanting in 5 weeks...change in circumstances...still tho... would like any and all info that anyone is willing to share.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have been experimenting with polytunnel and plastic greenhouse as thought glass gets too hot. Anyway last summer it went really well but needed lots of ventilation.

To start I dug a hole under polytunnel maybe 3m long by 1m deep and 1 meter wide and filled it with layers of straw then horse manure and then sealed with fine grade compost. Just planted seeds straight into ground in early March. Well it worked.

A northern light and 2 hybrids survived two heavy snowfalls and minus 10 frost. The heat generated from the horse manure was enough to defeat the cold. Never got anything other than dark green leaf and eventually buds.

Worth the sweat and TOIL.