Closet Growroom build

GanjahMx

I am starting a growing proyect that i want to run on my room closet, due to the small size of the space, i need to know which lights would be good, for something that size, also  which strains would be good, i dont care about smell or anything like that.

any extra advice is much apreciated

WhatsApp Image 2018-11-24 at 14.36.21.jpeg

• Like 3

@GanjahMx

Wats your budget?

250w hps is good for that space with a bulb spectrum grow/bloom

Or a ledlight if you have the budget

Square pot to fill up all the space you can put 4 pot of 18l  30x30x30 

You have 150cm in height , +- 25cm for the light ,30cm for the pot , you have 90cm for the plant .

You can use smaller pot too if you want.

Try to find littel ventilator from computer to move the air inside and a 250m3 out take with a dimmer  if you use a hps 

Maybe a co2 bags .

And top or fimd or bend your plant 

A goed organic soil mix with biogeeding if you want bio product 

Or mineral fert with lightmix or wat you want.

😉

For the strain the choice is yours 

• Like 1

First I would set up a proper barrier/division up between the grow and your clothes.

Get a tray to protect the floor, speaking from experience :D

For ventilation get a clip-on fan for circulation and a small 100mm or computer fan for exhaust. For the light a 250w HPS is very good, but I would actually recommend a COB led. Many of them come passively cooled. But the budget is important if you can afford cheap Chinese COBs or high end SunGrown or Timber grow lights..

Square pots are very nice, but I like the fabric pots better and they come cheaper from China (AliExpress).

You have to decide your style of grow. I like a separate mother/veg room and a flower room to move clones into in a SOG style. But for you maybe buying seeds and growing entire cycle in the room would be better.

Get some local soil and the ghsc bio feed, enhancer and some seeds - I would recommend a indica for short flowering and less problems :)

And your good to go :D

Pests and diseases will come and be your next frustration ;)

I'm thinking about using this light for the plant i'm going for a led build.

i'm also thinking about buying to fans for intake and out take of air.

i will divide the clothes and the growing space with a sheet of wood, and in that wood i will cut 2 holes, one for the intake of air, and other for the out take, i dont know if i should get a third one to move the air inside the space.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sliver1 said:

First I would set up a proper barrier/division up between the grow and your clothes.

Get a tray to protect the floor, speaking from experience :D

For ventilation get a clip-on fan for circulation and a small 100mm or computer fan for exhaust. For the light a 250w HPS is very good, but I would actually recommend a COB led. Many of them come passively cooled. But the budget is important if you can afford cheap Chinese COBs or high end SunGrown or Timber grow lights..

Square pots are very nice, but I like the fabric pots better and they come cheaper from China (AliExpress).

You have to decide your style of grow. I like a separate mother/veg room and a flower room to move clones into in a SOG style. But for you maybe buying seeds and growing entire cycle in the room would be better.

Get some local soil and the ghsc bio feed, enhancer and some seeds - I would recommend a indica for short flowering and less problems :)

And your good to go :D

Pests and diseases will come and be your next frustration ;)

I will buy the fabric pot, seems really good and cheap option,i dont think ill clone right now, cuz this is my first time growing, thnx for the advices.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, g22 said:

@GanjahMx

Wats your budget?

250w hps is good for that space with a bulb spectrum grow/bloom

Or a ledlight if you have the budget

Square pot to fill up all the space you can put 4 pot of 18l  30x30x30 

You have 150cm in height , +- 25cm for the light ,30cm for the pot , you have 90cm for the plant .

You can use smaller pot too if you want.

Try to find littel ventilator from computer to move the air inside and a 250m3 out take with a dimmer  if you use a hps 

Maybe a co2 bags .

And top or fimd or bend your plant 

A goed organic soil mix with biogeeding if you want bio product 

Or mineral fert with lightmix or wat you want.

😉

For the strain the choice is yours 

i think ill put 2 30x30 squarte pots, just for starters.

i have a small budget, im a student so i can't afford expensive stuff, yet this is something i really wanna do, so i think ill put most of the budget on illumination and plant feeding, my main concern is the humidity control, i cannot afford a dehumidifier, and humidity in the place i live is between 72% and 80%

• Like 1

Humidity  is goed for veg just need air extract in flowering en ventilation 24/7  i don't use dehumidifier i find it to much 

I was thinking you will use the all space for your plant your cloth gone get free parfum 

And if i goed read all your material on amazon is realy over priced you better buy on a growshop site search a littel more 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, g22 said:

Humidity  is goed for veg just need air extract in flowering en ventilation 24/7  i don't use dehumidifier i find it to much 

I was thinking you will use the all space for your plant your cloth gone get free parfum 

And if i goed read all your material on amazon is realy over priced you better buy on a growshop site search a littel more 

The price is on Mexican Pesos, the 2500 is around 125 Dollars and the fans are around 20 dollars

so the intake and outake fans are not 24/7 on ? just during the flowering stage ?

• Like 1

What g22 says is good advice! Finding a good and cheap grow shop takes some time..

People are nowadays talking more about vapor pressure deficit (VPD), which in short terms mean plants at normal growing temperatures actually grow better at a humidity around 60-70%. Instead of the 30-40% often recommended for flowering cannabis.

https://goo.gl/images/X9FTTp

I run my ventilation 24/7 - this lowered humidity. I agressively defoliate to also lower humidity. If you just have plenty of air flow you will have no problems.

• Like 1

On 26/11/2018 at 0:03 PM, sliver1 said:

What g22 says is good advice! Finding a good and cheap grow shop takes some time..

People are nowadays talking more about vapor pressure deficit (VPD), which in short terms mean plants at normal growing temperatures actually grow better at a humidity around 60-70%. Instead of the 30-40% often recommended for flowering cannabis.

https://goo.gl/images/X9FTTp

I run my ventilation 24/7 - this lowered humidity. I agressively defoliate to also lower humidity. If you just have plenty of air flow you will have no problems.

Is using a 900W Led that consumes 224w on that size (2ft x 2ft) is too much ?

• Like 1

I stop by this place once every few years to see if there are any names I recognize still floating around .When this place used to have a resident "grow Guru", I was one. I been doing this 20 plus years. Own a federally licensed production facility in Canada and soon to be retail. Ill give you the only answer im going to give then possibly be gone for a few more years. You need a 400 watt , air cooled , HPS! Anyone telling you diff, has no clue.  Best of luck with your en devour.

6 hours ago, DKH2 said:

I stop by this place once every few years to see if there are any names I recognize still floating around .When this place used to have a resident "grow Guru", I was one. I been doing this 20 plus years. Own a federally licensed production facility in Canada and soon to be retail. Ill give you the only answer im going to give then possibly be gone for a few more years. You need a 400 watt , air cooled , HPS! Anyone telling you diff, has no clue.  Best of luck with your en devour.

Thanks man, maybe i'll go for the Hps bit my concern is the heat output of the lamp, i have a small Space to work and the place i live in is constantly at  36°C  and is a really humid place with 70% average. I think that if i add a good set oficina fans i may be able to handle the heat output, but that would raise the cost  so i have to see which option is the cheapest either led or HPS.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GanjahMx said:

Thanks man, maybe i'll go for the Hps bit my concern is the heat output of the lamp, i have a small Space to work and the place i live in is constantly at  36°C  and is a really humid place with 70% average. I think that if i add a good set oficina fans i may be able to handle the heat output, but that would raise the cost  so i have to see which option is the cheapest either led or HPS.

Unless you get an AC, you are wasting your time. Air cooled HPS will bring the heat up. You heat is to high to start. Get an AC for you whole place and cool the whole place down. That will be all you have to do..

• Like 1

I can't envision seeing a successful grow in that space with a HPS light (unless is is air cooled, and even then).

So CFL or LED.  I'm leaning towards CFL in that space, a Blue spectrum one for Veg and add a Red for Flower.

Humidity is not that much of an issue indoors I find, as long as air flow is verr very good, so air exchange and fans essential if you're not going to use a dehumidifier.

Happy Growing!

• Like 1

Try link the light, some of those blurple ones I don't have great experiences with, but they can grow decent bud - and I don't think 200w of LED sounds like too much.  It is a question of hanging height or supplements.

CFLis a really cheap option and fine one also. But that temp is high tho ..

I think DKH2 is too harsh on the LEDs and there is alot of evidence and anecdotal out there. Different folks different strokes.

I had a friend who had a a 400w air-cooled HPS in a similar closet like yours and right next to the bed. His whole student apartment vibrated when that puppy turned on :P

If I was you and had the money or skills I would make an passively cooled COB.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes that will grow a seedling. But the light is not so strong and will only light a small area. That said my very first indoor grows as a kid was with similar bulbs, and I got some buds.. I think you should go for that cheap option and try some very cheap seeds, maybe even hemp/industrial just so you can get a feel of what it is like growing indoors in your environment.Later when you have money you will want to have the newest, most expensive and the best lights anyways.

The full spectrum debate is a long and complicated one, but to me I have seen the white full spectrum COB LED out perform HPS and blurple red/blue LEDs. But seriously just jump into it.

In general more red spectrum is suggested for flowering and more blue spectrum for veg. The spectrum is sometimes described in specific number or Kelvin. The higher the Kelvin the more blue ( below 4000kelvin is normally suggested for flowering).

I think that I understand GangeMx.

He has virtually no restriction in the grow area.

I like to use fluorescent light for vegetation phase, and then High intensity LED-arrays for flowering.

By the way, get your fluorescents while they are still available.  They are now disappearing from the market shelves, being replaced by low intensity LED- tubes. 

The low intensity LEDs in the tube form do not have the growing intensity that we need, but the original Fluorescent tubes do.

Have fun in your grow, GangMix.  I look forward to further pictures of your Grow-Aufbau.

Cannabissapean

3 minutes ago, Cannabissapean said:

I think that I understand GangeMx.

He has virtually no restriction in the grow area.

I like to use fluorescent light for vegetation phase, and then High intensity LED-arrays for flowering.

By the way, get your fluorescents while they are still available.  They are now disappearing from the market shelves, being replaced by low intensity LED- tubes. 

The low intensity LEDs in the tube form do not have the growing intensity that we need, but the original Fluorescent tubes do.

Have fun in your grow, GangMix.  I look forward to further pictures of your Grow-Aufbau.

Cannabissapean

Yeah i was thinking on using the fluorescent justo for the first 2 or 3 weeks, and then switch to Full spectrum LED for the rest of the Veg. Thou im also thinking on vegetating Indoors and then go for Flowering Stage Outdoors, for the smell and the electricity consumption, and the place i live doesnt have enough sun hours to develop the Veg state. My problem would be Neighbors and Pests. somethings i will handle when the time comes :S

PD to the hours you see on the Picture add 2 more due to the place i live

sun.PNG