Your opinion about a connected EC / pH / climate meter

egrowr

Hello everybody,

I will run a kickstarter campaign soon to fund the production of a remote monitoring device that takes continuous measurements of the pH, the EC, the climate (temperature, humidity) and light intensity. It's equipped with WiFi so you can see the measurements on your smartphone. You can receive notification when a threshold is exceeded and display daily, weekly and monthly graphs.

It will cost less than most of combo EC+pH meter you can find on the market.

I'm an electronic engineer and I grow hydro for almost 8 years now. So I had this idea and spent the last 18 month designing the device with the help of some friends.

I can't share the website here because of the forum's rules that I don't want to break, but I called it Egrowr so just type the name on Google or Facebook if you want more details.

I would like to have a feedback from the community about this idea. Do you think it would be useful to receive push notifications when it's time to correct the environment? What are the other features you would want to see in this kind of device?

Thanks !

FOR ADMIN : This is not an ad, I'm not representing a company and this is only a project for now, so please be understanding :)

Hi Egrowr, ShaggyGrower here. Firstly, we sound related :drinks:

Yes, and one item I would like on an all-in-one type device is a VPD readout, so a device that measures all those components as well. 

Leaf temp & ambient air temp required, and humidity. I'd like to be alerted  when it goes out of the recommended bands, a bit like my Sensor Push (that does not do VPD either).

Best, ShaggyGrower (Twitter, YouTube, & here) (ShaggyGrower.v2 Facebook & Instagram)

Thanks for the welcoming :)
Great idea about the VPD, I realize that it really is a thing now for grower. I can add it to the mobile app, why not. But with an option to calculate it with the leaf temperature that is added manually. It would be very difficult technically to add an infrared thermometer to measure the leafs' temp.
Calculating the VPD with the leaves temp is really making a difference in term of yield ? I do calculate it only with temperature and humidity alone.

I've found the following link very helpful in my VPD calculations

http://opennlabs.com/vpd/VPD_calculator.php

It requires a manual entry and Redraw Chart button press.

I guess technical difficulty is the reason I can't find the device I described, but I'd sure like one.  Until then, I have a Sensor Push that does temp & humidity with a lovely interface. Then I query the chart in that link after manually firing my thermometer at the leaf to get leaf temp'.  I'm not in hydro so don't need to constantly monitor my EC & PH, I do that when mixing the feed/water. VPD is important in all media I think, so bigger market.

Add proper remote VPD, and you're onto a winner imv.

• 2 months later...

Hello everybody,

It was a lot of hard work but the Kickstarter campaign for the Egrowr has just started !

It’s on the Kickstarter website, just search for “Egrowr” (can’t share links here). You’re one of the first to be informed, so you can get the device cheaper.

Sorry for my poor English accent in the video by the way :)

To remind you, it was the idea to create a monitoring device that measures almost everything in the growtent and communicate with your smartphone.

Please back the project and share the campaign.

Thanks !

• Like 1