Is this enought sunlight hours to grow cannabis outdoor ?

GanjahMx

Iam sorry to say but I think that is too little light :(

Is it because there is shade on the plants for the rest of the day or no sun light at all?

But try buy some cheap seeds and give it a go.

If you have just shade in there area and not an actual lack of sun you should be able to grow cannabis ( I've done and Jorge Cervantes have done it).

There is some interesting debate between light intensity vs light duration/hours.

In this video a guy compared light intensity (distance) with hours of light. He compared 24hrs with 12hrs, and I think you would need a minimum of  direct and/or indirect/shaded 10-12hours of sun light a day for proper flowering.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

its the hours marked+2 hours and those are direct light hours, after that there is like 1 or 2 depending on month of shade light like the one on cervantes video, there that is an average, today i had 9 hours of direct light , and 2 of shade lightmaking 11 hours and the shades give around 700 Par so may be good for flowering stage, im thinking about vegetating them indoors or use a small light that will keep them on a 18/6 photoperiod and stop after 6 weeks or at the 5th node after topping and after starting a LST

• Like 1

It's all about the overall crop I imagine. More light more weight.

My problem is amount if light and duration.  I grow in poly tunnel in Ireland and photoperiod difficult. It's end September before length of sunlight drops to nearc12 hours. Then it's mold and damp.

I am going to try Early Maroc and hope for some nice hash.  😀

• Like 2

@Urban Guerilla agreed.

I have similar problems where I live and I have had huge success growing autoflowering strains outdoors. This way I get two harvest outdoors per growing season and with nice quality buds.

Else there are some different outdoor strains native to my country that perform vaery well. These are sometimes referred to as semi-autoflowering.

• Like 1

Hi @Urban Guerilla to control the photoperiod is not that hard.

I am located next to the Irish sea and grow outside in the back yard, I put the plants in a shed over night because of thieves snorkling about.

I have light proofed he shed best I can, it is far from perfect, but it works, remember outside at night in towns there is loads of light pollution, even in the country side there is light pollution from nearby towns, planes flying overhead, stars and the moon, it is not pitch black outside at night.

When I want to trick the plant or plants into flowering I make sure they get 14 1/2 hours per day which is usually the length of the day on the 21st August, I put the plant or plants into the shed when its had 14 1/2 hours day light, to end its day and start its night early.

You could cover the poly tunnel with a big tarp, tie it down on one side and use ropes to pull it over at night or when you want it to be night, then uncover in the day.

Or buy some silage bags it doesn't matter what colour the plastic is it will definitely block day light out, use them to cover the plants like a tent to control the light, I was thinking of doing this but the shed does the same thing and allows me to keep the plants secure and control the photoperiod easily.

If the poly tunnel is long you do not need to cover all of it with a tarp just enough to trick the plant into thinking its the edge of dark or dusk and it will have the desired effect the plant will treat it as night time is happening and go into sleep mode as it were.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...