Greetings from South Africa

Steffano

Hello fellow growers, consumers and strain hunters!

Where to start... Well as most of you may know, South Africa has recently amended the laws surrounding the recreational use and cultivation of Cannabis within a, "private setting" and although the, "paperwork" isn't yet finalized in terms of how much we can grow or carry, I find myself engulfed with the need to source and collect the worlds purest strains. However, this is definitely biting off more than I can chew so for the time being I've placed my focus on near national strains.. So far I've been fortunate enough to acquire some Durban Poison and South African Kwazulu seeds but they're unfortunately not from trusted sources. To add, I might just have my hands on some 30+ year old seeds that originated from Malawi (says dad). If that is the case and he is in fact able to find where he stashed them, I recon I'd have the purest form of Malawi Gold in all of SA, possibly even Africa which personally, even if they're no longer viable, gets me very excited!

A lil about me: South African born and bred, jack of all trades, perfectionist by heart, always looking for new things to excel at, I'll never turn away advice from others as I believe we can never know enough and I welcome both innovative and traditional ideas or techniques. Recently I've invested a lot of time in researching various, "farming" techniques, two of which that suck fast were, "Permaculture" for outdoor grows and, "Rotary Gardens" for indoor grows.  I'm highly inventive with a strong background in 3D design, be it Architecture, Animation or Character Design so I find my mind is always looking for new ways to achieve a goal or simply improve on an existing system.

My dream: To take advantage of our recreational laws and to start a business whereby independent growers can have their harvest tested, then processed and refined (if good enough) into medicinal grade products such as Tinctures, Oils, Vapes, Shatter, Waxes etc. South Africa has a high rate of medical problems that Cannabis is proven to treat in an effective manner but as you all know, medical grade anything is pricey as and with our economy and unemployment rate being what it is, people are simply not able to afford it, not to mention that the sale of said product is still illegal.

Can't think of anything else to add at this point but that's that in a nutshell. =P

PS. I'm honored to be a part of this community and I hope to see nothing but great things for each and every member!

Signing off,
Steffano

Hello Steffano and welcome to forum :)

Your project sounds very interesting, I wish you success :)

Finding seeds from different parts of the planet is a big challenge, so be patient. Not all of them grow the same in other places, because they are adapted to their autochthonous climatology, but it is interesting to try them.

We hope to see photos and/or cultivation diaries of your plants, be welcome.

Cheers