My First Outdoor Grow

SmokeyfromOz

Hello  :)

I am both new to cannabis and growing.  I read about the benefits of cannabis.

We soaked the seeds in water for 24 hours, and then into damp paper towel, then the seedlings went strain into the main pots. I got an idea from a member in autoflower forum, about putting a scope of seed raising mix in the center of the growth medium.

This is the growth medium i am using in the link below.  It is 12month slow release fertilizers in it.

Potting mix link with description

These are the girls at 52 days old, i am hoping they will be ready soon as i am eager to do the next grow. I have listed the plants of grow 2 in my introduction thread.

Cart i use with plants enjoying some sun

1.thumb.jpg.d4ba4f185f5277f8273c5d4e99665d07.jpg

The netting acts as a bit of wind break, but generally the plants seem to be fine with the breezes

The orange pots, the plants are more stunted but they are so frosty, the others are catching up and getting more frosty

2.thumb.jpg.017d4422ddba64ab523e9ea8e755a6fc.jpg

3.jpg.f5d0a9074f86e01623c17d6ecd6e282c.jpg

more on the strains  Northern Lights Blue - all of them except a Sour Daddy auto/reg, not much about it or where its from, but the Norhtern Lights are SAG seeds

• Like 5

Belle piantine, ma a me  hanno sempre un po 'deluso le autofiorenti coltivate all'aperto, né ho coltivato per curiosità qualcuna nel giro di un paio di anni  e risultato sempre uguale poca resa e poca potenza, sicuramente danno il meglio in indoor. Non perdere tempo prova delle belle genetiche regolari che offre la green house ne sari soddisfatto credimi 😉

Edited by MathiasSardegna
Correzione e aggiunta testo

On 2/14/2019 at 7:04 AM, MathiasSardegna said:

Belle piantine, ma a me  hanno sempre un po 'deluso le autofiorenti coltivate all'aperto, né ho coltivato per curiosità qualcuna nel giro di un paio di anni  e risultato sempre uguale poca resa e poca potenza, sicuramente danno il meglio in indoor. Non perdere tempo prova delle belle genetiche regolari che offre la green house ne sari soddisfatto credimi 😉

Thank you Cosmos :drinks:

Update girls are looking a bit rough must be at harvest. 

It will be sad to rip the girls for harvest. I haven't ac so rely on the weather,currently its in a south easterly pattern, which is cooler and less humid than a north east set up maxes for Nerang , near me is 27- 30 range for the next  7 days,  here its a bit cooler maybe 1 or 2 c.

I dried mushrooms with a weak fan on low in March before, without issues, so will be a similar set up with hanging rack and light weak fan on the buds and natural airflow. The ceilings are high, and I think it might be good enough?  

some amber on mid and top of the girls, milky at the bottom with a tiny bit of clear., more done girl some amber on lower maybe 2%
Poor girls are looking rather trashy 

girl2NLB.jpg

girl3 sourdaddy.jpg

girl4NLB.jpg

midway.jpg

milky.jpg

• Like 5

Hi SmokeyfromOz,

Plants a looking nice :-)

"I dried mushrooms with a weak fan on low in March before, without issues, so will be a similar set up with hanging rack and light weak fan on the buds and natural airflow. The ceilings are high, and I think it might be good enough?"

I find it preferable to slow-dry the plants at 18-20c and ~50-55% humidity as this helps keep the terpenes, etc on the plant. Over 20c and I have read  lemonene evaporates more quickly and is lost.  Hot air rises, so perhaps think about drying the plants low down in the room rather than higher up where it is hotter.

Happy Harvesting

ShagggyGrower

• Like 2

The forum threads and the community here has motivated me to even attempt this.

Here are some pics from last night:

3Mo5b01.jpg

AQQWaCo.jpg

What do you guys think? Moved seedling to cup on Oct 2nd. Switched to flower on Nov 14th.

I’m using a 4x2 tent. 600w Bestva LED Fox Farms Soil Fox Farms liquid nutrients

Thinking of upgrading light for my next grow. but don't know what to pick.

I found this guide for led grow lights quite useful, basically it recommends either platinum, viperspectra or at the cheaper end marshydro.

Platinum is out of question because it is too expensive. viparspectra and marshydro has a lot of options. Which one to go for?

• Like 4

On 2/27/2019 at 11:41 PM, ShaggyGrower said:

Hi SmokeyfromOz,

Plants a looking nice :-)

"I dried mushrooms with a weak fan on low in March before, without issues, so will be a similar set up with hanging rack and light weak fan on the buds and natural airflow. The ceilings are high, and I think it might be good enough?"

I find it preferable to slow-dry the plants at 18-20c and ~50-55% humidity as this helps keep the terpenes, etc on the plant. Over 20c and I have read  lemonene evaporates more quickly and is lost.  Hot air rises, so perhaps think about drying the plants low down in the room rather than higher up where it is hotter.

Happy Harvesting

ShagggyGrower

On 3/1/2019 at 1:22 AM, AceBlaze said:

The forum threads and the community here has motivated me to even attempt this.

Here are some pics from last night:

3Mo5b01.jpg

AQQWaCo.jpg

What do you guys think? Moved seedling to cup on Oct 2nd. Switched to flower on Nov 14th.

I’m using a 4x2 tent. 600w Bestva LED Fox Farms Soil Fox Farms liquid nutrients

Thinking of upgrading light for my next grow. but don't know what to pick.

I found this guide for led grow lights quite useful, basically it recommends either platinum, viperspectra or at the cheaper end marshydro.

Platinum is out of question because it is too expensive. viparspectra and marshydro has a lot of options. Which one to go for?

Thanks ShaggyGrower,

I have had to make use with the current weather pattern this week with harvest cloudy showery. Temps range from about 22c -25c humidity would be relatively high, but feels less in the room than outside.

AceBlaze,

I wish i could help with your questions, like you i am very new to this.  I may consider lights to start the young ones in grow 2, which is also an outdoor grow. I do like how you have trainer your plants to grow nice and roomy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 72  - Harvest -

Some issues, thrips located on plants, got rid of most i could see, so hopefully they will die off or move on.

The thick base buds on one NLB had some rott, which i separated and put them in a paper bag to observe.

Rest of the plants are in a bedroom - carpets and furniture expect bed removed, so pretty clean. I use the fan at an angle to blow air the buds which slowly turn now and then in the very very gentle breeze, temperatures around 22 -25c. Humidity can not be controlled or the temperature, this week is mostly showery and overcast.  Grow 2, i hope to plan so harvest 2 is around June 20 - 23c range, nights under 10 sometimes

Fingers cross no mould - plants cut friday so is day 3

harvest1.jpg.dc64e4e0e553b425a51150a7df2f1078.jpg

harvest2.jpg.489adce34cae2df440a9054b8f41a3f2.jpg

Remaining plants of Grow 1

Stunted plant which, for some reason decided to come back !! she is doing very well. This time i have Neem oil to treat her thrips

The Mysery Nimbin plant - not sure of sex, but appears to be indica mix

5c7b2afb1eac1_littleone.jpg.042539b0a78327050a26669fd7047b12.jpg

5c7b2b0ba80db_nimbinunkown.jpg.e49f5f9cb84b2a7c225ffce2d98633ee.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

update:

13 days drying with fan on low, this time of year is humid so, had some mould to cut out. I think i got it all, but suspect about one of the jars

Started cure yesterday

4 mason jars are Northern Lights blueberry

3 of the jars are 25g, and one is 28g. I used for each jar 2 packets of 4g Boveda 62 percent

The green lid jar is Sour Daddy 17g

The Yellow lid is off cuts i am trying to save 13g

I have left one Northern Lights Blue which is very close to harvest

I am a bit worried i dried them too much but will see how they turn out , main thing is the mould to watch for during curing

possible mould.jpg

sour daddy and mix .jpg

northern lights blue.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 16-3-2019 at 9:23 AM, SmokeyfromOz said:

update:

13 days drying with fan on low, this time of year is humid so, had some mould to cut out. I think i got it all, but suspect about one of the jars

Started cure yesterday

4 mason jars are Northern Lights blueberry

3 of the jars are 25g, and one is 28g. I used for each jar 2 packets of 4g Boveda 62 percent

The green lid jar is Sour Daddy 17g

The Yellow lid is off cuts i am trying to save 13g

I have left one Northern Lights Blue which is very close to harvest

I am a bit worried i dried them too much but will see how they turn out , main thing is the mould to watch for during curing

possible mould.jpg

sour daddy and mix .jpg

northern lights blue.jpg

is there a special reason you only grow auto's ?you seem to have space enough outdoors ,i think auto's will do nice with 300 plants or more in an indoor grow but outside ? i have tried them  once outdoors when this was all new to the market and it was a complete deception to be honest .just curious about your one experience over there with them ,greetings my friend 

• Like 2

Greetings friend, yes before of the Australia law. When and If they change it I would love to grow some photoperiods. They  autos took the heat of summer well and the tallest Northern Lights blueberry was only 67cm.  I dont think they get to too tall. You growing an auto when it was new to the market, also maybe now the breeders have perfected the autos more.  I didnt get a huge yiield.  I think indoor yield of autos might be more than I got. Each plant 25gram of dry flower, the SourDaddy was only 17 of dry flower.

• Like 1

yes the development is much better and further i guess with the auto strains luckily i have the option to grow feminised and taller plants .

the dutch laws pfhhh ,i don't even  know where to start man ,we used to be open minded and progressive  but when we became the european union everything went downhill ,coffee shops are allowed to sell weed and hashish with a maximum of 5 grams at a time to a single person but strictly following the rules the are not allowed to buy in stock ?? so our government gladly takes in all the taxes that the shop owners and customers have to pay but if the want to shut you down the can do it in a second .

you have to show your passport coming in to the shop so the know your ace (18 years minimum )  ,doorman needs to check nobody parks illegally and so on and on ,the doorman is not allowed to check the pockets of a customer but if the cops come in to the shop and the find some class a drugs on any single customer the shop is simple getting closed  ,so rules and regulation are rubbish if the want to close you down the always find or create a reason .

home growing is tolerated with a maximum of 5 plants for personal use only (just as long nobody around you makes a complaint the wont react on it )  but the moment i have dried and manicured my plants it's logically more than 5 grams  with i am allowed to have ,so the moment the step into my home and find my yield of my at first tolerated plants the still will prosecute me as a drugs dealer ?? hell i even may be in the next day papers .

we lost a whole lot off revenue  , i think about 90% of the tourist coming to amsterdam or even to the netherlands where her for smoking and enjoying open spirits and freedom in general ,and the tourist don't only smoke of course the need to sleep the need to eat and so one so everybody is losing in the chain .

i used to be a proud dutch grower we paved the way worldwise for a long time ,in every step in the growing process ,seed wise ,nutrients and knowledge in general and now we and up paying 35 euros for cali strains ??what the hell  went wrong !!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2019 at 9:29 AM, jsm said:

yes the development is much better and further i guess with the auto strains luckily i have the option to grow feminised and taller plants .

the dutch laws pfhhh ,i don't even  know where to start man ,we used to be open minded and progressive  but when we became the european union everything went downhill ,coffee shops are allowed to sell weed and hashish with a maximum of 5 grams at a time to a single person but strictly following the rules the are not allowed to buy in stock ?? so our government gladly takes in all the taxes that the shop owners and customers have to pay but if the want to shut you down the can do it in a second .

you have to show your passport coming in to the shop so the know your ace (18 years minimum )  ,doorman needs to check nobody parks illegally and so on and on ,the doorman is not allowed to check the pockets of a customer but if the cops come in to the shop and the find some class a drugs on any single customer the shop is simple getting closed  ,so rules and regulation are rubbish if the want to close you down the always find or create a reason .

home growing is tolerated with a maximum of 5 plants for personal use only (just as long nobody around you makes a complaint the wont react on it )  but the moment i have dried and manicured my plants it's logically more than 5 grams  with i am allowed to have ,so the moment the step into my home and find my yield of my at first tolerated plants the still will prosecute me as a drugs dealer ?? hell i even may be in the next day papers .

we lost a whole lot off revenue  , i think about 90% of the tourist coming to amsterdam or even to the netherlands where her for smoking and enjoying open spirits and freedom in general ,and the tourist don't only smoke of course the need to sleep the need to eat and so one so everybody is losing in the chain .

i used to be a proud dutch grower we paved the way worldwise for a long time ,in every step in the growing process ,seed wise ,nutrients and knowledge in general and now we and up paying 35 euros for cali strains ??what the hell  went wrong !!

Lol well my European friend maybe you walked so we could run! #caligenetics

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chefblake420 said:

Lol that was a joke I get most of my seeds from European seed banks, but I hear you guys be paying allot for our American genetics

those prices are getting paid by the tourists in amsterdam ,not very manny  shops around holland will have it on their menu ,but still ?

the thing is our one greenhouse growers in the westlands of holland who normally grow tomatoes and paprika can't survive anymore with the normal business ,so now the are asking and hoping to be licenced by the government  to grow medicinal marijuana only and the have said the can do a 40 million in revenue each year !!!   

all the dutch knowledge and best people in the genetics and growing science are already gone to the united states and canada  to work over there ,think of all the people who can have a steady job and income if we are allowed just to do where we good ath ,and yes you americans are taking it to the next level i think ,luckily you had great dutch teachers showing ya ,hahaha 

• Like 1

On 26-4-2019 at 10:40 PM, Chefblake420 said:

Lol that was a joke I get most of my seeds from European seed banks, but I hear you guys be paying allot for our American genetics

maybe next year i will try them ,some off my friends are trying them for this season but the are using european seeds from royal queen seeds with american genetics .

if i am going to grow american genetics i will buy the seeds van the cali connection  ,but still not convinced and the yield are not really high (i think ) and will the do good over here in our climate ? suggestions welcome .best to you over there Chef  

prices over here for 6 seeds range from 80 till 110 euros by the way  . 

23 hours ago, jsm said:

those prices are getting paid by the tourists in amsterdam ,not very manny  shops around holland will have it on their menu ,but still ?

the thing is our one greenhouse growers in the westlands of holland who normally grow tomatoes and paprika can't survive anymore with the normal business ,so now the are asking and hoping to be licenced by the government  to grow medicinal marijuana only and the have said the can do a 40 million in revenue each year !!!   

all the dutch knowledge and best people in the genetics and growing science are already gone to the united states and canada  to work over there ,think of all the people who can have a steady job and income if we are allowed just to do where we good ath ,and yes you americans are taking it to the next level i think ,luckily you had great dutch teachers showing ya ,hahaha 

correction on the numbers of revenu i said before ,it's not 40 million but 40 billion !!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/12/2019 at 9:29 AM, jsm said:

Hi Friend,

If the laws did get a bit better here i would like to try a photoperiod plant

Yes Netherlands was always or at one time very open minded , now joining the european union has adopted stricter laws . Terrrible the Governments always are after ways to tax something. I think the Netherlands  was best not with the European Union

The government will look the other way if you have 5 plants, as long as no neighbours complain about it.  No more than 5grams is allow on you! that is bad, i am not sure of the laws here in what I can have on me,  5grams sounds very low. Does take much to get into the paper.

Reminds me a recent bust,  50 plants and one plant was 3.6metres high! Very tall. They papers call it a dangerous drug, even alcohol is probably more dangerous if you over dose on it.

You can walk around and drink and smoke cannabis back in the good days in Netherlands? Yes tourists would be  put off as now its just like the rest of Europe due to  joining the EU.

Expensive 35 euro for how much??  5g Calli Strains or seeds?

legalise it don't criticize it ,legendary words of our rastafari !!! 

that's the way rules and regulations  are set up back here ,it still looks a little progressive but the have it build shut so the can shut you down or even arrest you at any certain time the want to   .

allowed to have 5 plants but when i harvest and dried then i'm suddenly a drugsdealer when the hit my place .and the tourist  pay 35 euros a gram for a calli strain  in  an amsterdam shop ,seeds (calli connection ) ar about 60 till 110 euros for 6 seeds.

in general the people living in holland from any kinds of backgrounds ,religions ,or wat ever don't have a problem with it ,it's a give and take society .

4 or maybe even 5 years ago i got busted and even the police officer was said he was sorry to let them take me down ,the police force has enough to do already with to little  people so even for them it's hard to work with this ridiculous  rules ,but he we wanted to great a european union ???!!!!!

we simple did'n had  anny choice its rammed to our throats and back in the day's  people will go out at the street to protest ,but now the only care if the can get the latest iphone ??

keep up the fight and save growing my friend !!