Super Shed Part Three

Jay Ryan

After a nice harvest from Super Shed Two:

1 White Widow 120+ grams

1 El Nino 100+ grams

1 Super Lemon Haze 200+++ grams

Note, the total adds up to 420, I may have fudged one number to make that happen ;)

But, if you've been following the shed posts, you may be saying, what about the 2 Thai plants? They must be done by now.

Yea, that's what I thought as they went past 13 weeks yesterday since the first hairs showed. I bent over the tops at about 6 feet, then they started to grow towards the HPS on the other side of the room, and one arm is close to 4 feet long hanging horizontally. I think I have a dozen plant yo yos and counting holding them up. Here she is, still taking up about half of my grow room:

Sam_1685small.jpg

The colors because of the LEDs make her look weird. There are actually two of them, one behind the other. They take up 6 feet by 4 feet of floor space, and has 4 120w LEDs and 3 125w CFLs hanging around them.

Here are more shots:

Sam_1686small.jpg

Sam_1687small.jpg

Sam_1688small.jpg

Sam_1689small.jpg

Sam_1690small.jpg

She looks like she has another month, though some parts of her have already ripened. Early sample have proven to be very heady, psycho active.

And here are the new ladies. They are all clones from my GH Super Lemon Haze and GH Himalayan Gold. I first put in 4:

Sam_1484small.jpg

2 gold in the foreground, 2 SLH in the rear.

Then I went away for a week, and over the next 2 weeks I added 2 more SLH, and 2 more HG:

Sam_1679small.jpg

You can't see the furthest to the right HG. She is actually sitting where my water supply used to be. I've bought a very narrow container and moved it off to the side. So, this is the space I opened up:

Sam_1680small.jpg

SLH on the left, HG on the right

And I also slipped in 4 Whie Russian Autos:

Sam_1681small.jpg

They are not feminized, so I will have to watch, and hope for 2 girls.

I should be able to move them around in a month when the Thai finishes. I hope ...

Enjoy!

J

anguscr,

I tell you, it is like a jungle. The biggest problem is that once they get going, it's hard to get to them. I wish I had a door on the other side too. ;)

Hopefully only one more month, 17 weeks for the Thai. I'm going to build an out door greenhouse just for the Thai. It takes up way too much room, and time for my room.

JR back for round 3! I saw the new thread and instantly got excited. Thanks for this little pre-Xmas present Jay.

That Thai is absolutely ridiculous man. I can see why you want to build a seperate greenhouse for them. What do you think they would reach out doors? 15-20 feet?

Really looking forward to the new batch and observing all the way through. I'm borrowing some ideas from your shed for my grow room. Was gonna just do something simple, but after talking to you and some others on here and seeing your results, I have decided to hold off, save up some extra money, get some really nice gear and do a proper set up even though I'm a beginner when it comes to indoor growing.

I'm going with 2 of these, http://www.hydroponics.eu/hydroponics-c-23/dwc-systems-s-33/advanced-dwc-2-1230.html

One set up for Sativa and one set up for Indica. That way I can have the proper feeding cycles PH/EC levels for the 2 types.

Also getting 2 of the 120W LED lights you suggested. Had a question about those actually. They make for all different power outlets right? Or will I have to have some kind of converter to get it to work here in Europe.

Also getting one 150W-200W CFL to hang in the center of the two DWC systems. I figure that has to be plenty of lighting for 4 plants.

I'm hoping to have everything rolling by spring. But I want to make sure everything is 100% first. No need to rush it or half ass anything :D

Good luck on this grow man!

tokage,

19 weeks? Oh my. I think my room will be totally over crowded by then. I am hopeful that it won't take that long, but as you said, what to do?

That's why I am really committed to the outdoor greenhouse. I'm ok letting it go as long as it take, but I want to be able to keep push out indicas and hybrids.

Thanks!

John-E-Blazed,

The only thing I would question about the system you are looking at is that the plants will be forced to be close together. Unless you only grow top buds, and no side branches they will crowd each other out.

I was using a fixed distance system, but usually a few weeks into flower they would be all over each other. That's why I switched to the separate buckets. That way you can move them around a bit.

I think the LEDs will need to use converters, I haven't seen any sold ready for Europe, maybe you can find them on ebay. It would make sense for them to make them.

Good luck!

Thanks!

Thanks JR.

I am not sure I have the room for single bucket systems. I'm going to try and keep them fairly small I think. Main kola grow might be ok for me since it is for personal stash. I don't have to worry about a big yield. But I will take into consideration what you said about them being o tp of each other. Maybe I can find a DWC that will allow for a little more space.

John-E-Blazed,

If you are tight on space I think the system you chose is good. Maybe you should look into doing the autos that GH sells. I haven't tried them, but still grow out auto Diesel, and auto White Russians that I made seeds of a few years ago. I do have to pull the males, but I let them pollinate once, and have probably a hundred seeds.

Oh, and the seedy weed was still very good. Just a thought.

Hi Jay... I think outdoor greenhouse is a great idea & great up grade for the Part III,lol... like the Domes we chat about but those are expensive & a all new investmment... man the guys you told about the Thai sticks may be going nuts of waiting for those babes, lol. As Tok says, what to do? Lovely work Jay, keep those awesomes girls growing!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Update, January 3rd 2010:

After a week of heavy rains, followed by freezing rain and ice, we finally got our first real snow.

I bought myself something for Christmas. A new air cooled 600w HPS. Why?

I realized that LED lights will not do anything worth a darn if they are 6 feet off the ground, and there is 6 feet of Thai plant to go through. So, for the last 2 weeks the ladys will be sitting pretty under 600w of HPS!

Without further adieu:

Two Thai plants in their 15th week:

Sam_1835small.jpg

HG in the fore gorund, SLH in the background:

Sam_1836small.jpg

Sam_1837small.jpg

Remember I said we had snow. This is my old res. I filled it with snow, and used it as a cooler instead of exhausting today. When it melts I will PH and use it.

Sam_1838small.jpg

I am using 25% of my shed for storage, power, a place that I can turn around in.... I am pulling in the hot air in the storage area into the grow area at night, when temps outside fall into the teens.

Sam_1839small.jpg

The new beast:

Sam_1840small.jpg

The old 400:

Sam_1841small.jpg

Peace,

J

Man I love these updates. Those Thai's are monsters! Your shed is amazing. maybe you have mentioned it before and I missed it, your in Cali right? i know the laws are mcuh more relaxed there but I'm not sure how relaxed. Do you have concerns running that much equipment and your power bill being flagged? Or are you in BFE and no one gives a rats backside?

John-E-Blazed,

I do live in SoCal, and we can legally grow 18 plants, 6 blooming at a time, so I am not really concerned, but I don't flaunt it either. I try to stay low key in my neighborhood, and don't have people coming and going.

But yea, my electric bill went from $50 pre-growing to closer to $300 a month with all the lights a blaze. With the LEDs and CFLs only it was closer to $125.

Thanks!

Jimmy,

I have no wife so I don't have to track how much money I spent on it... ;)

Just kidding, money always matters. I have about $2000 in lights, probably another $1000 in misc, and around $2000 to build the shed in the first place.

My first harvest was around 1 pound, the second is split with the first plants coming in at around 1/2 pound, and the two thai plants probably bringing the second harvest to around 2 pounds.

I am hopeful the third will bring in even more ;)

Plus the vegroom I am going to turn into an autoflower/veg room. More bud!

Thanks!

J

Romeu9,

You may not like my answer. I never test for EC or TDS, only PH.

This is why. My growing medium is water, so once every 2 weeks I drain the entire system, suck out the bottoms of the buckets, and refill with fresh water/nutrients (I just follow the directions and make it a little bit weak) with proper PH (around 6).

Between feedings I refill my res with plain PH water because plants drink a lot more water than nutrients and if you don't you're plants will wind up burning from excess nutrient levels as the water gets lower.

I've been doing that for going on 3 years, and have never lost a plant.

Take care!

J

shades_smile.gifimpressed every time i look Jay great work and is proof those Led's and cfl's do the job, with just a-little help from the HPs toward the end. Love your work keep growingshades_smile.gifSome of us just have the green thumb my friendthumbs_up.gif