Sweet Mango Autos - Completed

gasmeter

Its time for a new grow journal for this run of 4 Sweet Mango autos.

I will veg the plants for a month at 18/6 and FIM each plant as soon as they hit the 5th node, then once they are a month old I will flip the timer

to 12/12 and get them flowering.

Here is the info about the grow kit and nutrients I will be using.

Tent

Mars Hydro 70cm X 70cm X 160cm

Grow Light

Mars II 400 LED

The grow light is the equivalent to a 250W HPS and the lamp was brand new at Crismus, this is its first proper run.

Strain

4 X Sweet Mango auto flower = Green House Seeds

Growing Medium

BioBizz All Mix

Pots

Root Pouch fibre pots 12 litre

Plant Feed & Additives

I am using the full range of Plant Magic Old Timer organic nutrients and additives.

plant_magic_old_timer_organic_nutrients.gif

Plant Magic Old Timer Organic Granules = veg

http://www.plant-magic.co.uk/products/oldtimer-organic-granules/17/

Plant Magic Old Timer Soil Grow = veg

http://www.plant-magic.co.uk/products/oldtimer-grow/12/

Plant Magic Root Stimulant = veg & early flowering

http://www.plant-magic.co.uk/products/root-stimulant/9/

Plant Magic Old Timer Organic Magnesium = veg & flowering

http://www.plant-magic.co.uk/products/oldtimer-magnesium/33/

Plant Magic Old Timer Soil Bloom = flowering

http://www.plant-magic.co.uk/products/oldtimer-bloom/13/

Plant Magic Old Timer Organic PK 4-8 = flowering

http://www.plant-magic.co.uk/products/oldtimer-organic-pk-4-8/35/

Here is a link to the UK Organic feeding schedule.

http://www.plant-magic.co.uk/userfiles/downloads/56/UK Organic Feed Chart.pdf

More updates to follow.

Gasmeter

• Like 4

Sunday 17 February 2019

I opened the packaging and put the Sweet Mango auto beans in some spring water in a little plastic container to soak for 24 hours.

Sweet Mango auto beans

17feb-2019-sweet-mango-auto-beans.jpg

Beans in glass soaking

17feb-2019-beans-soaking.jpg

More updates to follow.

Gasmeter

• Like 4

Monday 18 February 2019

All four of the Sweet Mango beans have sunk to the bottom of the little plastic container.

Time to place them on damp kitchen roll and place them in a drawer in the dark.

Sweet Mango beans on damp kitchen roll.

18feb-2019-beans-on-kitchen-roll.jpg

More updates to follow.

Gasmeter

• Like 4

Wednesday 20 February 2019

A couple of days later and all of the Sweet Mango beans have germinated and they are now ready to put into the RootIt plugs.

I cut four RootIt plugs off the plastic tray and cut the plastic to separate them so they are sat in their own little pot.

Then I very carefully popped a germinated Sweet Mango bean into the hole in each of the RootIt plugs and gave them 5ml of spring water.

Then I placed them on a plastic plant pot saucer and put them into the grow tent and I lowered the lamp to 18 inches above the little pots.

Sweet Manog beans germinated.

20feb-2019-beans-germinated.jpg

Sweet Manog germinated beans in RootIt plugs.

20feb-2019-beans-in-plugs.jpg

Sweet Manog germinated beans in tent.

20feb-2019-beans-in-tent.jpg

More updates to follow.

Gasmeter

• Like 4

Friday 22 February 2019

I am giving the Sweet Mango seedlings 5ml of spring water 4 times per day to keep them nice and damp, and at night when I crash out I switch off the fan so they do not dry out over night, then I switch it back on in the morning when I give them a little drink.

One of the seedlings has managed to cast off its shell casing and its leaves are nice and green, one down 3 to go.

Sweet Mango seedlings getting settled in.

22feb-2019-beans-getting-settled-in.jpg

Sweet Mango seedling close up.

22feb-2019-seedling-close-up.jpg

More updates to follow.

Gasmeter

• Like 4

Sunday 24 February 2019

Two of the Sweet Mango seedlings have now cast their seed shells and their leaves are nice and green.

Still giving them 5ml of spring water 4 times per day to keep them nice and damp.

With the two seedlings that have not cast their seed shells they were struggling to get their root into the plug, so I very carefully prized open the plug and then repositioned the seedling so the plug gripped the root and the next day they were both standing up.

Sweet Mango seedlings in grow tent.

24feb-2019-seedlings-two-cast-seed-shells.jpg

More updates to follow.

Gasmeter

• Like 4

Saturday 02 March 2019

The last 2 of the Sweet Mango seedlings to cast their seed shells are now well settled and their tap roots are poking out the bottom of the little plastic pots holding the RootIt plugs.

The first two of the seedlings that cast their seed shells have plenty of roots now, so I will let them go a couple more days and then plant them in some dirt in 12 litre Root Pouch fibre pots.

I am still giving them 5ml of spring water 4 times per day to keep them nice and damp.

02march-2019-seedlings-in-grow-tent.jpg

More updates to follow.

Gasmeter

• Like 3

Monday 04 March 2019

Today it is time to plant all of the Sweet Mango seedlings into dirt in their final pots, I filled the pots with BioBizz All Mix a couple of days ago and they have been sitting in the shed ready to go, I took the fibre pots to the grow tent and I placed a big table spoon of the Plant Magic Old Timer Organic Granules on the dirt in the centre of the pots.

I then used the handle of the table spoon to mix the granules into the dirt thoroughly a bit deeper than the depth of the RootIt plugs then I made a hole and then I removed each seedling in its RootIt plug from the little plastic pot and then I planted each of the seedlings.

Then I put them into the grow tent in their fibre pots and gave them all about 80ml if spring water.

Sweet Mango seedlings in the grow tent.

04march-2019-seedlings-in-grow-tent.jpg

Sweet Mango seedling roots.

04march-2019-seedling-roots.jpg

Plant Magic Old Timer Organic Granules

04march-2019-plant-magic-old-timer-organic-granules.jpg

Organic Granules in dirt.

04march-2019-organic-granules-in-pots.jpg

Sweet Mango seedlings in fibre pots.

04march-2019-seedlings-in-fibre-pots.jpg

Sweet Mango seedlings in fibre pots back in grow tent.

04march-2019-seedlings-in-fibre-pots-in-grow-tent.jpg

More updates to follow.

Gasmeter

• Like 4

Wednesday 06 March 2019

All of the Sweet Mango seedlings appear to be doing OK and settling into the fibre pots and dirt nicely.

The two that cast their seed shells last look to be starting to catch up to the other two growth wise.

Sweet Mango auto seedlings in the grow tent.

06march-2019-sweet-mango-seedlings-in-grow-tent.jpg

I will update the journal in a couple of days.

Gasmeter

Likkle more

• Like 4

The Sweet Mango seedlings are all doing OK and seem to be happy in their Root Pouches.

The 2 smaller seedlings I am watering every evening I am giving them about 60ml of water each, which I am slowly increasing to meet their demand.

The 2 larger seedlings I am watering every two days now, and last night I gave them their first feed of a mild solution of Plant Magic Old Timer Soil Grow and the Plant Magic Root Stimulant as well, I gave them about 150ml each, next time I will only give them water.

Here are some images I took yesterday afternoon.

Sweet Mango seedlings in grow tent under LED.

11march-2019-sweet-mango-seedlings-in-grow-tent.jpg

Sweet Mango small seedling side view.

11march-2019-sweet-mango-seedling-small-side-view.jpg

Sweet Mango small seedling top view.

11march-2019-sweet-mango-seedling-small-top-view.jpg

Sweet Mango larger seedling side view.

11march-2019-sweet-mango-seedling-larger-side-view.jpg

Sweet Mango larger seedling side view.

11march-2019-sweet-mango-seedling-larger-top-view.jpg

The 2 smaller seedlings are certainly perking up I should be able to water them every two days in the next few days then I can start to give them a

mild feed as well once they have a few more leaves.

The two larger seedlings will soon be ready to FIM they are about the 4th node now.

I will update the journal next week when there is something to look at, unless something interesting happens in between times.

Gasmeter

Likkle more

• Like 4

The 4 young Sweet Mango plants are all growing nicely and enjoying the new LED lamp the nodes are noce and tight.

They are all around 4 or 5 nodes now so last night I decided it was time to FIM them all to break their apical tendency.

Sweet Mango under LED in tent.

14march-2019-sweet-mango-seedlings-under-led.jpg

Sweet Mango plant FIM site.

14march-2019-sweet-mango-seedling-fim.jpg

The two slightly smaller plants are now being watered every 2 days now at the same time as the other 2 plants.

Tonight I will give the smaller 2 plants their first feed and for the other 2 plants it will be their second feed.

I love these root pouches the root system is a lot healthier and the dirt dries out nicely too, I am also loving the Old Timer range of nutrients this will be my second run using the full range of organic nutrients and additives, the PK boost is great 3 days after the first feed using it the buds were visibly fatter.

I am looking forwards to testing the GHS powder feed with the Sweet Valley Kush both inside and outside.

Gasmeter

Likkle more

• Like 3

Time to update the grow journal with a bit of news about progress.

The 4 Sweet Mango autos are doing great and growing nicely and since I FIMed them last Wednesday they have just carried on regardless.

Last night I gave them all a drink of water, the 2 larger ones got about 200ml each and the smaller 2 got about 100ml each, by Monday night the dirt will be nice and dry and they will be ready for a drink and their next feed.

Here are some images from last night.

17march-2019-sweet-mango-autos-under-led.jpg

Structure of the largest Sweet Mango.

17march-2019-sweet-mango-structure.jpg

Top growth on largest Sweet Mango.

17march-2019-sweet-mango-top-growth.jpg

More updates to follow, happy growing...

Gasmeter

Likkle more

• Like 5

Time for a quick mid week update.

I watered all 4 of the Sweet Mango autos last night, it was three days since I fed and watered them last.

I watered all 4 of the Sweet Mango autos last night, it was three days since I fed and watered them last.

I gave he two smaller plants 300ml of water each and the larger plants 400ml of water each, I will water and feed them in 3 days when the dirt has dried out again.

I also FIM'd 3 of them again, 1 of them has started to flower after I FIM'd her with the others for the first time last week.

They only have another week to go to the end of the month then I will flip the timer to 12/12 and switch on the bloom switch on the lamp so they get full spectrum to get the other 3 flowering.

Here are some images from last night.

21march-2019-sweet-mango-autos-under-led.jpg

Top of Sweet Mango auto in flower, looks like this one had a hair trigger.

21march-2019-sweet-mango-in-fkower.jpg

Sweet Mango FIM site.

21march-2019-sweet-mango-fim-site.jpg

More updates at the weekend, happy growing...

Gasmeter

Likkle more

• Like 5

On 14-3-2019 at 9:18 PM, gasmeter said:

Hi Ganja XL

Thanks for the kind words man.

Yeah the root pouches are awsome well worth trying the plants will love them and your dirt will dry out nicely making watering and feeding easier.

Always great to see another grower with the growbags, ive got several going on as well, love to see the results you get.

happy growing mate !

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words Nordic Grower

I FIM'd the first auto I grew indoors in 2016, that was the first time I FIM'd a plant, it is definitely worth doing, breaking the plants apical tendency wihile its in veg will increase yeild she will share her luv with all the stalks so they become colas and the bud is similar size and growth rate to the main stalk at the top.

That said though some autos have a hair trigger and FIMing them causes them to go off like a rocket and start flowering,

After I FIM as the new nodes grow I can tell that I have broken the plants apical tendency, because the new nodes are not symetic anymore, one side is slightly higher than the other, whereas if you just leave the plant it will be very symetical and more Crismus tree like and the plant will focus its energy on the main cola.

Outdoors I have enough room to run 2 photoperiod girls and FIM them and let them do their thing the 2 Passion #1 last year produced 6oz dry the weather was really kind and I was done by the end of August.

Thanks Ganja XL yeah the plants love these root pouches.

I am looking forwards to seeing what the yeild is like on this run with a new LED lamp, on the last run they started out under a broken LED lamp.

• Like 1

Its time for another update on the progress of the 4 Sweet Mango autos.

I watered and fed all 4 plants last Friday instead of Saturday because the dirt was nice and dry, so I gave the 2 larger plants 400ml of water and feed and I gave the 2 smaller plants 300ml of water and feed.

At the moment I am alternating feeding and watering, at the moment when I feed them I mix 2ml of root stimulant and 2ml of grow nutrient, with 1gram of the organic magnesium crystals which I only started adding the last couple of feeds.

The organic magnesium is great for avoiding deficiencies, I will keep adding it to the feed this week which is now their last week in veg, on the 1st of April I will flip the bloom switch on the lamp and reset the timer to 12/12, I will give the plants a flush to remove any grow feed or salt in the dirt, but I wont add the magnesium crystals for the first two weeks of flowering as per the advice in the feed schedule.

But if I do see any sign of deficiency I will immediately add 1gram per litre to the feed mix and it will sort it out, it really is a great product I am well glad I bought it, the plants stay a lot greener and don't look as scruffy by harvest after the last two weeks of just water, mind you a few yellow leaves help to provide a nice contrast with the green bud.

Yesterday evening (Sunday) the dirt was nice and dry again so I gave them all a drink of water the 2 larger plants have almost conquered the dirt in the pouches, the dirt becomes more solid and stable, but towards the edge of the pouch it is still a bit fluffy, once the roots penetrate the dirt at the edges it will become solid like the rest, the 2 smaller plants are about half way to conquering the pouches.

I gave the two larger plants 500ml of water and I gave the 2 smaller plants 400ml of water each, this afternoon the dirt is starting to look dry so I should be able to give them a drink and feed again tomorrow evening.

Here are some images I took last night just before I watered.

25march-2019-sweet-mango-autos-under-led.jpg

Tallest Sweet Mango plant stalks.

25march-2019-sweet-mango-stalks.jpg

Top of tallest Sweet Mango plant.

25march-2019-sweet-mango-plant-top.jpg

A young flower on the Sweet Mango that is in flower.

25march-2019-sweet-mango-flower.jpg

In the image of the tallest plants stalks in the top left you can see the new nodes are not symetrical any more, this is because I FIM'd the plant, this also applies to the 2 smaller plants as well, the other tall plant just flowered in response to being FIM'd.

The main thing is that they will share their love with the all the stalks from top to bottom now the apical tendency is broken its all good.

The plant that shot into flower looks symetrical so I am not sure if its apical tendency is broken, it will provide an interesting comparison as they all grow going forwards.

I will take some better photos to show the asymetry in better detail and upload them in a couple of days, happy growing...

Gasmeter

Likkle more

• Like 4

Last night I watered and fed all 4 Sweet Mango autos, I mixed 2 grams of organic magnesium, 4ml of grow nutrient and 4ml of root stimulant in 2 litres of water.

I then gave the 2 lager plants 500ml of water and feed mix and the 2 smaller plants got 400ml of water and feed mix.

I will give them just water tomorrow (Thursday) night and on Saturday night they will get their last feed of grow nutrient.

I noticed that the taller stalky plant looks like she is just starting to flower now.

Here are some images I took tonight to show the asymetric nodes.

Sweet Mango lower stalk asymetric nodes.

27march-2019-sweet-mango-lower-stalk.jpg

Sweet Mango plant top asymetric node.

27march-2019-sweet-mango-plant-top.jpg

These images are of one of the 2 smaller plants and as you can see the nodes on the lower nodes are asymetrical and the nodes hogher up near the top of the plant are also asymetrical like staggered Y road junctions.

Happy growing...

• Like 4

Its time for a progress update on the 4 Sweet Mango autos.

I noticed the leaf tips on a few fan leaves on the tallest plant are pointing down like it may be suffering from nutrient toxicity.

So last night I decided to just give them all water to flush the dirt.

I gave the tallest plant 2 litres of water and the other 3 plants 1 litre of water each, and the runoff from each plant was pretty clear.

Once the dirt dries out I will give them a feed and change to the bloom nutrients, hopefully tommorrow night.

Here are some images I took last night just before I watered the plants.

All 4 Sweet Mango autos under LED in grow tent.

31march-2019-sweet-mangos-under-led.jpg

The tallest of the Sweet Mangos.

31march-2019-tallest-sweet-mango-plant.jpg

Top of the tallest Sweet Mango.

31march-2019-tallest-sweet-mango-plant-top.jpg

Flower on the top of a Sweet Mango.

31march-2019-tallest-sweet-mango-top-flower.jpg

Gasmeter

Likkle more

• Like 4

Another week has passed and it is time for an update on the 4 Sweet Mango autos.

Last Wednesday I flushed all 4 plants with about 6 litres of water, my little watering can holds about 2 litres so I gave each plant 3 watering cans of water and then put the dehumidifier in the tent and set it to 45 percent.

I let the dirt dry out for 4 days to let the roots get plenty of oxygen and on Sunday I gave them all a weak feed of 1ml per litre of Plant Magic Bloom feed and 1ml per litre of the Plant Magic root stimulant and I gave each plant 1 litre of feed and water.

The dirt is drying out nicely so tomorrow I will give them all 2 litres of water each I don't want to over feed them, a couple have signs of nutrient burn on fan leaf tips, so I just need to go easy and give them light feeds at the moment.

I was reading the information for the organic magnesium and it seems that as well as helping with deficiencies it can also have the opposite effect and cause the plant to take on too much nutrient, so I won't be adding any more until the end of the month as recommended.

Here are some images I took before I watered and fed the plants.

All 4 Sweet Mango autos under LED in grow tent.

08april-2019-sweet-mangos-under-led.jpg

The tallest Sweet Mango.

08april-2019-sweet-mango-tallest.jpg

Top of the tallest Sweet Mango plant.

08april-2019-sweet-mango-tallest-top.jpg

The second tallest Sweet Mango this one is just starting to flower.

08april-2019-sweet-mango-second-tallest.jpg

The top of the second tallest Sweet Mango.

08april-2019-sweet-mango-second-tallest-top.jpg

The second smallest Sweet Mango plant.

08april-2019-sweet-mango-second-smallest.jpg

The top of the second smallest Sweet Mango.

08april-2019-sweet-mango-second-tallest-top.jpg

The smallest Sweet Mango plant.

08april-2019-sweet-mango-smallest.jpg

The top of the smallest Sweet Mango plant.

08april-2019-sweet-mango-smallest-top.jpg

The last plant has been in flowering for at least 3 weeks now thats why the buds are so dense compared with the other plants, she jut started to flower when I FIM'd her, she will finish before the others so hopefully I will be able to have a taste while the other 3 are finishing.

• Like 2