58 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Amnesia47 said:

Money maker and Damneseia are lovely and stong strains  :) its very godd for growing

it's the first time for me trying out the money maker strain ,but it looks promising ,and i am i big fan of the hindu kush genetics .it was my favorite smoke manny years ago .

the first and oldest coffee shop in the netherlands was opened in my hometown and the hindu kush was a favorite for a long time ,hopefully this cross of genetics (original master kush x hindu kush x skunk) still holds the hindu kush genes and taste at the end .

13 hours ago, SmokeyfromOz said:

Hello JSM, Is the weather finer this time of year in the Netherlands? It usually is more sunny in April but is cloudy and showery, hope it clears up. The girls are looking good, so your lamp is a CFL

weatherwise we had some good day's already ,sharp and intense sunlight ,still keeping my girls indoors but if it's nice enough for me to sit in the garden i will take them out also ,the sun and the breeze are good for developing the main trunks .

last year i have planted my girls in the final pots outdoor at the 2 of may,hopefully i can do it 10 days sooner this year (i hope ) 

yes the lamp is just a  simple cfl bulb just a few watts ,on top of the lampshade i place a mirror so all the lumen and warmd is directed down to the plants . during the day the just get sunlight standing in the window frame when it's starts to faint  the lamp is set on 

germinate 3 strains for a friend today ,al tree strains ar royal queen seeds ,hulk berry ,wedding celato and the candy kush .i am already looking out for the taste of those "cali strains" ,amongst my friends we will have probably 10 different strains i think ,so we will smoke well this season !! can't wait   

On 4/10/2019 at 8:23 AM, jsm said:

weatherwise we had some good day's already ,sharp and intense sunlight ,still keeping my girls indoors but if it's nice enough for me to sit in the garden i will take them out also ,the sun and the breeze are good for developing the main trunks .

last year i have planted my girls in the final pots outdoor at the 2 of may,hopefully i can do it 10 days sooner this year (i hope ) 

yes the lamp is just a  simple cfl bulb just a few watts ,on top of the lampshade i place a mirror so all the lumen and warmd is directed down to the plants . during the day the just get sunlight standing in the window frame when it's starts to faint  the lamp is set on 

On 4/11/2019 at 8:35 AM, jsm said:

germinate 3 strains for a friend today ,al tree strains ar royal queen seeds ,hulk berry ,wedding celato and the candy kush .i am already looking out for the taste of those "cali strains" ,amongst my friends we will have probably 10 different strains i think ,so we will smoke well this season !! can't wait   

Hello JSM,

Yes i used to worry with my girls in the breeze , but i was told its good for trunk development. Sounds like you have some nice days, if its nice enough to be outside the girls would like to be outside also.

May would be your last month of spring, Our summers are very warm to hot and humid. The weather service is Australia is talking about a warm autumn and winter again this year, and also drier than normal. April has not started dry. Raining now but the seedlings had some sun this morning.

That is a good idea a CFL lamp. If the day is cloudy you can use your light.

They sound lovely strains. Royal Queen Seeds does have good information on there website about soil etc. Your frienids have some Cali Strains, i think Girls Scout Cookies is one of their strains. That will be something to look forward to and relax

11 hours ago, SmokeyfromOz said:

Hello JSM,

Yes i used to worry with my girls in the breeze , but i was told its good for trunk development. Sounds like you have some nice days, if its nice enough to be outside the girls would like to be outside also.

May would be your last month of spring, Our summers are very warm to hot and humid. The weather service is Australia is talking about a warm autumn and winter again this year, and also drier than normal. April has not started dry. Raining now but the seedlings had some sun this morning.

That is a good idea a CFL lamp. If the day is cloudy you can use your light.

They sound lovely strains. Royal Queen Seeds does have good information on there website about soil etc. Your frienids have some Cali Strains, i think Girls Scout Cookies is one of their strains. That will be something to look forward to and relax

hey there my friend from oz , smoked the girl scout cookies from a friend last year , nice smoke i have to say . the cali strains are coming more and more each day in our dutch coffee shops ,and the ar charging ridiculous prices of 35 euros a gram ????? 

we even had some snow today over here for a moment and an hour later the sun is up and brite ,weather is all over the place still ,but reports are saying it's getting warmer soon hopefully i can take out the girls permanently within a few weeks . keep up the good work my friend and enjoy !! 

today i topped of my pots again with soil ,trying to slow down the progress in grow a bit because i don't want to have to tall and stocky plants when the are finally ready to go outside .

today we had a bright sun ,that was followed with hail and even snow later on the day ,it's simply not save enough to put them out there yet  .

today i went to my growshop to buy some soil for the girls ,completely gone and an empty building it's getting harder to get your stuff each day ,rules and regulation sucks !!! probably closed down by law  

8 hours ago, jsm said:

today i went to my growshop to buy some soil for the girls ,completely gone and an empty building it's getting harder to get your stuff each day ,rules and regulation sucks !!! probably closed down by law  

I hate to hear that @jsm! Find a farm field with some very nice, dark, sweet-smelling, soil and scoop out what you need from the edge of the field

1 person likes this

22 hours ago, RedBarn said:

I hate to hear that @jsm! Find a farm field with some very nice, dark, sweet-smelling, soil and scoop out what you need from the edge of the field

thanks for your thoughts ,luckily it's all ready  taken care off ,i just used some soil from last year and i have upgraded it  with some extras for this season . 

1 person likes this

the girls are finally out in their final home ,3 x 40 ltr and a single 65 ltr pot (i normally use 4 x 65 ltr pots) the 40 ltr ones are a bit more easier to handle and the end result is still going to be the same i guess ( height wise ) .

we have a really nice week with temperatures up till 23 degrees celsius with lots of sun and nights 7 /8 degrees ,perfect week .but soon  for a dutch outdoor grower .

hope the do well !!!

20190416_155633 (1).jpg

20190416_155633.jpg

20190416_155643.jpg

4 people like this

the girls did well their first night out ,i didn't even had to read them a bed night story before sleeping !!

leave's ar upright like saucers collecting all the sunlight and heat coming of from the sun ,for the next 4 month i'm a slave to the grow ,knowing the return will be fine it's worth the effort at the end .

1 person likes this

we had some really hot days last week and the last two days we have some rain and windy moments ,so here is the update 11 day's outside . 

some head spots on the leaves but the are getting on better each day . 

20190427_145837.jpg

20190427_145911.jpg

20190427_145917.jpg

20190427_145927.jpg

20190427_145937.jpg

20190427_145950.jpg

4 people like this

the weather is finally getting better and by better i mean dryer ,i will post some new pictures soon .

the girls don't grow as fast as the super lemon haze i grew for over the last 4 years ,but the will be fine at the end i guess ,giving them nutrients was almost impossible during this much rain ,the only nutrients i gave them were too tablespoons of bat quana sprinkled on the top of the soil so with every bit of rain it would trickle down into the soil.

normally i will use aptus startbooster and bio nova soil as a base nutrient .

2 people like this

update after 25 days of being outdoor , tallest plant is 45 cm in height and smallest of them is 35 cm in height .

the most tallest plant is in the 65 ltr pot ,the others in a 40 ltr one . 

ps still don't know how to turn a picture in the right position ,sorry you just have to tilt your head for the moment  

20190511_140004.jpg

20190511_140015.jpg

20190511_140020.jpg

20190511_140028.jpg

20190511_140032.jpg

3 people like this

On 4/12/2019 at 8:27 AM, jsm said:

hey there my friend from oz , smoked the girl scout cookies from a friend last year , nice smoke i have to say . the cali strains are coming more and more each day in our dutch coffee shops ,and the ar charging ridiculous prices of 35 euros a gram ????? 

we even had some snow today over here for a moment and an hour later the sun is up and brite ,weather is all over the place still ,but reports are saying it's getting warmer soon hopefully i can take out the girls permanently within a few weeks . keep up the good work my friend and enjoy !! 

Hey my friend, sorry for the long absence.  I look forward to trying GSC, oh m that is very expensive,  I was complaining about the street prices in Nimbin, have to buy it illegally here, growing is much easier and cheaper!

May has been very bad cloudy and showering and few fine days, i hope June will be better May will be over soon

Your girls are looking great and healhty, nice to see you have some sun out for them

1 person likes this

update on the money makers ,the all doubled up in size already and are up to 90 cm ,we got some good and sunny day's coming up over here in the netherlands so hopefully the will grow bigger in the next coming weeks .

i need to have them at least at a height of 120 to 130 cm before i start the blooming period ,placed some bamboo sticks underneath the pots to create some airflow and drying them out a little bit faster in order to give them some more nutrients ,there's one looking a bit different then the others ,smaller leaves and a not as full as the others .

can't wait  to start the blooming cycle ,all the best to ya all and happy and save growing !!! 

CIMG1951.JPG

CIMG1952.JPG

CIMG1953.JPG

CIMG1954.JPG

CIMG1955.JPG

CIMG1956.JPG

CIMG1957.JPG

CIMG1958.JPG

3 people like this

Super beautiful! Amazing!

1 person likes this

The plant on the far right has a superb structure

1 person likes this

On 1-6-2019 at 2:40 AM, RedBarn said:

The plant on the far right has a superb structure

thanks brother !! hope you are doing fine yourself over there also :clapping:

1 person likes this

update on the money makers ,we had some really bad weather lots of rain and heavy  wind's ,the where growing straight but because we had only some sun at the end of the day the grew a little bit slanted like the tower of pisa ,hopefully it will straighten in a later stage again .

height wise we are up to 115 cm so we only need some good and sunny days before i can start the blooming stage .

ps the had their first spray of aptus dislike to keep any bugs or critters away ,and nutrient wise the ar on aptus startbooster and bio nova super soil .

20190609_152848.jpg

20190609_152852.jpg

20190609_152947.jpg

20190609_152952.jpg

20190609_153028.jpg

20190609_153042.jpg

2 people like this

today it's finally time to pull them into the darkened shed ,the girls range from 105 to 130 cm height wise so its time to start the blooming stage !!

greenhouse say's the take 45 to 56 day's blooming stage but personally i think it will take some more ,so every day from now on the go in at 9 at the evening and the will come out at 9 in the morning ,the alarm clock is set .

pictures will follow tomorrow ,all the best to you all growers around the world !! 

2 people like this

not the best pictures with this much sunlight but here we go  ,still trying to get them straight again !!

CIMG0001.JPG

CIMG0002.JPG

CIMG0003.JPG

CIMG0004.JPG

CIMG0005.JPG

CIMG0009.JPG

3 people like this

Buena frondosidad y altura para ponerlas a florecer @jsm feliz floracion:clapping:

1 person likes this

You keep them in this pot or you gone transplant ?

They are very  nice @jsm

And  with this weather 

1 person likes this

hi there g22 ,the will stay in these pots ,yesterday we had serious weather (again) real heavy rainfalls with extreme amounts of downfall ,heavy winds  and luckily the  pronounced hail didn't come .

till sunday we have some calmer weather ,cloudy and sometimes the sun ,temperature's till 21 degrees celsius but starting from sunday there's a possibility we get a week of temperatures well over the 30 degrees celsius so its up and down weather wise .

thank for your comments bro and happy growing over there ! all the best to ya all      

1 person likes this