need some advice

pattam

first off thanks for the friendly welcome i have recently started growing an easyryder (only doing 1 just now to see how it turns out) and when im checking about the nutrients im getting conflicting information some people are telling me to start with veg for 3 weeks then move onto bloom others are saying start on straight water for the first 3 weeks then move to bloom just wondering if anyone can clear this up for me.Thanks P.S i started by just using water and the plant looks nice and healthy it is only 7 days old

Attached files me.jpg

Welcome pattam,

there is plenty of information on this forum, have a look around you will find helpful just randomly reading around!

Anyway what I can firstly advice you is to apply something around your pot to make it light proof or well close to it..

I recommend to transplant in a bigger pot when you will see the roots pushing in any direction, find a guide step by step to do that...very simple dont be afraid of it!

How many watts is your LED light?

I don't know about Coco but I guess you gotta keep your watering between a pH of 6.0 and 6.5

hi guys thanks for the advice i guess its jst a case of learning as you go and tweeking things from time to time to find the best set up for me,the reason im growing the lowryders is im restricted on height about 1.2 meters so i thought theyd be my best option also i thought theyd be a bit easier for my first time as they auto flower anyway ill keep u upto date with how things are going with it and post a few pics every now and then :)

From seed or clones i use 7 days bottled water then move up to a 1/4 stregnth solution of veg nutes for the next week and increase the dosage as they grow from feed to feed, then adding rizotonic, cannazyme till near the end of the veg period bringing the EC up.

You mentioned the nutes when you switch to bloom, stay on the veg nutes for the first two weeks then go to bloom nutes after a good old flush and a good flush means 3x the ammount of water per llitre to remove salts. now you can add your boost and NPK, i normaly wait till i see the flowers/hairs before i do this. your plant will let you know if it dosent like somthing and the process of elimination begins.

If you take three things from this, do a little reading EC, PH, and NPK all found in the search box>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yeah if i remember well perfect ph for coco is 5.8

As it is completely sterile, you'll almost always have to water with nutes, even the minimum.

I've heard some people say you need to "flush" at every watering, meaning at least 25% of water, or your mix of nutes, coming off the pots.

And there are some special nutes for the coco, i don't know for this part if it's really worth it.

But you will also have to buy enzime to add each time in your water, because your coco doesn't do the work as a soil would with bacteria and everything ^^

Wish you good luck man ;) i'm going for a 60%soil 40%coco grow to avoid the coco's bad side ;)

Tchouss

• 1 year later...

I plan on growing on coco too. One of the many questions I have. I will get Mix Coco Tabs for seeds and a brick for nursing = 7 litres.

Finally 6 bricks = 50 litres litres earth when ready. When the maximum pot size for my indoor gowth is 11 litres = 25 cm square pots = room 110 & 55 cm & 180 is pretty much full, so not possible to get bigger pots for 4 or 5 plants...what pot sizes do I need in between ?

My plan was ordering

0,6L for seedling/rooting - next into 3,7 litre for veg, finally into 11 litres for bloom . is that okay or should I get different sizes other stuff than coco ?

Thanks a lot cowboys ...

Well wait for the pro of cocos to come, but the only time i repoted a coco plant it was a pain in the arse, as coco is really thin, it didn't stay compact as soil would do, so perhaps it is a good idea to start directly on big pots.

Just a thought ^^

I hope you will like your coco experience ;)

• 4 months later...

from what ive been told the fact that it doesent compress is why you should water alittle bit everyday because naturally the medium is very airy i am confused my self on how to use the stuff i gotta figure it out soon tho because im using it for my next grow im just using a 50 - 50 coco perlite mix.

ive been told when handwatering coco to use like 500 ml`s of water a day with nutrients everytime and 1 once a week flush with ph adjusted water and then after flushing add more water with nutrients. im not really entirely sure because everything ive been reading conflicts with other things i have heard but i guess ill just have to try it and find out.

first off thanks for the friendly welcome i have recently started growing an easyryder (only doing 1 just now to see how it turns out) and when im checking about the nutrients im getting conflicting information some people are telling me to start with veg for 3 weeks then move onto bloom others are saying start on straight water for the first 3 weeks then move to bloom just wondering if anyone can clear this up for me.Thanks P.S i started by just using water and the plant looks nice and healthy it is only 7 days old %3Cimg%20src= Attached files me.jpg

hello pat iv been growing in coco now for 3years you will love it m8 1st thing first you need to no is coco aint soil so there no food in it coco hydro like rockwall ect i use coco a and b as my base nutriment you use that throw your hole sicle very easy :king: and you goter grab your canazym wot that does is break down all your old dead roots and basicaly turn into food for your babys and grab a bottle of ritzonic for your root growth very butiful stuff your go on the cana website and look at the feed chat tell you everything you need :spiteful: by wot i can hardly see of your pic she looks hungry she got no food in there :fie: m8 give her a good soft feed by the way wot nutriment you got now?

from what ive been told the fact that it doesent compress is why you should water alittle bit everyday because naturally the medium is very airy i am confused my self on how to use the stuff i gotta figure it out soon tho because im using it for my next grow im just using a 50 - 50 coco perlite mix.

ive been told when handwatering coco to use like 500 ml`s of water a day with nutrients everytime and 1 once a week flush with ph adjusted water and then after flushing add more water with nutrients. im not really entirely sure because everything ive been reading conflicts with other things i have heard but i guess ill just have to try it and find out.

coco basicaly just a sexy mediem that hold water good with good airflow i feed anytime the coco fealing light by picking it up people say coco should never dry awt but mine have when iv been lasy aint seen no diffrent :fie: i top up my ress with feed lets say on a monday feed the babys and ill still have water left in my ress (tank) top my ress with plain water so now im feeding them a little bit lets say that a wensday then friday i would empty my ress and top it up with full strenth feed and so on.but to be real you goter learn wot your plant want you gota talk to them in canabis :queen: look if they can handle more feed by the coller of leafs but it does take time lol need any help with it m8 just give me a shout :pogranichnik: ...MG

• 3 months later...

I use coco as a hydroponic media combined in layers with hydro stones and perlite. So that I have a layer of stones in the bottom and then a mixed layer of coco stones and perlite in the middle 60/20/20 and a layer of stones in the top. The i use the Advanced Nutrients ph perfect series Grandmaster grow level specially designed for the use of coco and other hydroponic grow systems. It works great for me harvesting well over a gram pr watt. I even reuse my coco on my following next two grows without flushing the coco in between grows. I just cut down my plants at harvest and dig up the jiffy I planted my clones in to begin with and in the whole I created in the coco when I removed the root stock I replant my new rooted clones. I even found that my harvest on the second grow using reused coco usaly yields up to 50% more. After the thirth grow I throw the coco out.

• Like 2

I've just switched over to a hydro drip to waste system which I have outdoors in the tropics of Asia recently and I'm using coconut husks as the medium. It's the best decision I've ever made the results after just a month or so of growing are 3 times the growth I've had in the best soil setup I was able to come up with. My situation is different from others and because of this I've been researching and adapting ideas to my particular growing environment but so far it's been extremely forgiving. The hydro shop I use locally mixes their chemicals in house for use by all their customers, most of whom are growing vegetables in a constant flow system but because they know what they're doing the mix works perfectly in coco. I'd say you're going to need to either use a solution made for coco or add supplements to the basic grow solution, from what I've read a calcium and magnesium booster are often necessary in coco.

Coco tends to get and stay a little too wet so most indoor growers mix perlite into the coco at a 1:1 ratio (50% of each.) This helps the medium drain more excess water. I haven't done this so far but only because I am growing in a hot outdoor environment where the coco dries out much more quickly than in an indoor setting in a temperate country. Oh yeah and because the hydro shop didn't sell perlite and didn't know of any local grower using it for hydro purposes. So far it's working for me, if I start having problems with too much water in the medium I'll change my habits. Another advantage of coco is that even when wet it holds an unusual amount of air within the medium, which helps avoid problems normally seen from overwatering.

I did rinse the coco before using, put it in a large tub, filled with water and drained 3 or 4 times a day for a week before putting it in pots. Hope I'm not too late to help, I was intimidated about using a hydro system but to me it's not difficult to do and the benefits are immediate and easy to see.

• Like 1