Shaggy's "The Doctor" Mega Contest grow

ShaggyGrower

Hi All,

I've just popped four (4) The Doctor seeds into some Vittel to soak for 24 hrs.

Still not sure how/where I'm going to grow them, but I think early veg on my window sill in the room I have until 15th  May. After that, I don't know but I suspect they will go outside, somewhere in North East Luxembourg :-)

The Greenhouse feeding is back in the UK, and I'm not scheduled to be back from there until after Easter, so they'll have to last on potting mix (not sure which yet, I'll have to go to a Lux' garden centre and find out) until I retrieve it.

And so it begins, …..

Happy Growing!

(pics to be added a bit as and when I can upload them, so watch out for edited posts with additional info).

• Like 7

Update. So I came back Sunday to find the all four seeds have germinated. The tissue was a bit dry, so they got an emergency wetting.

IMG_20190408_184601.thumb.jpg.d15a5e23fa7fc659a76ab0995d72dc2b.jpg

This evening I sources some potting soil, pots, and a small propagator, and transferred the germinated seeds into the media.

IMG_20190408_195506.thumb.jpg.800b032983ffad28a92e522932119692.jpg

They're resting on a radiator for an hour just go get up to temperature and then will be moved off the radiator to a warm spot until I see some life pop through the media

IMG_20190408_195557.thumb.jpg.bc4746d5a097f2c0690a2174fc3de4bc.jpg

Happy Growing!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, OG.Naj said:

Big difference betwen the seedling @ShaggyGrower, you put the 4 seeds at the same time?

Hi @OG.Naj, yes, they were germinated at the same time.  Three of them I think a buried too far under the media once germinated as after 3 days they had still not broken surface, so I removed a bit of surface to help them through.  One in particular is the runt of the litter, with no first leaves appearing, just an ever-growing [slowly] pair of cotyledons.

IMG_20190428_113221.thumb.jpg.88d630c9ba428880a73e4d867e94cb1f.jpg

She'll hopefully pull through, and only time will tell :umnik:

Happy Growing!

• Like 4

I have found that even though I have germinated 4 beans at the same time they do not always grow at the same rate some are quicker some slower.

But as @ShaggyGrower said even slow progress is progress, so its all good, fingers crossed the one that only has cotyledons will soon get going.

Good luck and happy growing...

• Like 1

The Doctor(s), getting some sun. Those blue things are Sensor Push monitors, telling me the temperature and relative humidity (by @sensorpushtech).

Hopefully it stays sunny, and now wind appears - I don't want to find they've been blown off the little roof!!

IMG_20190429_124244_270.thumb.jpg.31260bfc8696b89dfd50250eee49fd24.jpg

Happy Growing!

• Like 4