3rd Mega Contest - Sweet Valley Kush - UK Outdoor - Completed

gasmeter

We have enjoyed another great day of sunshine, this morning at 06.30am when I switched on the fluorescent tubes the temperature inside the shed was about 18C and outside the back of the yard was not in direct sunlight and it definitely felt cooler than inside the shed.

At about 08.30am I put mr moose outside then I had a brew and at 09.00am I checked his thermometer and the temperature was about 28C

I then moved both of the Sweet Valley Kush plants outside and left them at the back of the yard to enjoy the sunshine.

In the early afternoon I move them to keep the plants in direct sunlight and again late afternoon so they enjoy as much direct sunlight as possible.

This evening when I moved them into the shed under the fluorescent tubes the dirt in both plants pouches was pretty dry so I gave them 400ml of water each to give them a drink.

Both plants are enjoying the sunshine and hopefully the powder feed as well, here are some images I took tonight.

Sweet Valley Kush in shed under fluorescent tubes.

15may-2019-sweet-valley-kush-in-shed.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush plant #1

15may-2019-sweet-valley-kush-plant-one.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush plant #2

15may-2019-sweet-valley-kush-plant-two.jpg

Mr Moose and his thermometer showing 24C

15may-2019-mr-moose-24c.jpg

The forcast for tomorrow is good we are going to have another day of sunshine, but the weather forcast for Friday is cloudy and showers as well as for Saturday, but it will clear up in the afternoon to become sunny and cloudy and then it looks like Sunday will be sunny again and next week too.

Now that the Sweet Valley Kush have some food they seeem to be getting a move on, I can see new growth on plant #1

More updates soon, happy growing...

• Like 4

Another great start to the day with plenty of blue sky and sunshine.

When I switched on the fluorescent tubes in the shed at 06.30am this morning the temperature in the shed was about 16C and it felt a bit cooler than yesterday both inside the shed and outside.

At about 08.00am I put mr moose with his thermometer at the back of the yard perched on top of the extension ladders in direct sunlight and the temperature was around 20C

When I checked the thermometer again at 09.00am the temperature was about 30C in direct sunlight, so I moved the Sweet Valley Kush outside into the yard to enjoy the sunshine.

Sweet Valley Kush in morning sunshine.

16may-2019-sweet-valley-kush-morning-sun.jpg

Mr Moose and thermometer showing moring temperature at 30C

16may-2019-mr-moose-morning-temp-30C.jpg

Looking at the plants this morning I can see new growth on the nodes on both plants.

Happy growing...

• Like 5

Although we have had lots of sunshine again today it has been a bit breezy and the breeze has got stronger as the day has progressed and this has lowered the temperature outside.

So at about 8pm tonight I moved the plants into the shed so they will be warmer out of the breeze under the fluorescent tubes.

The surface of the dirt in the root pouches was nice and dry so I gave them both 400ml of water.

They are definitely enjoying the sunshine and seem to be enjoying the powder feed as well.

I have made a marker for each plant and named them SVK-B#1 and SVK-B#2 to make it easier to identify each plant, obviously SVK is the initials of the strain Sweet Valley Kush and the B is for BioGrow and then a number to specify the actual plant.

Sweet Valley Kush in shed for the evening.

16may-2019-sweet-valley-kush-in-shed-evening.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush B#1 new growth on nodes.

16may-2018-svk-b#1-new-growth.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush B#2 new growth on nodes.

16may-2018-svk-b#2-new-growth.jpg

Mr Moose and thermometer showing evening temperature at 18C

16may-2019-mr-moose-evening-temp-18C.jpg

Now my indoor Sweet Mango run is almost done I can pop some more beans soon 2 more for outside which will get mineral powder feed and 4 for indoors with 2 on bio and 2 on mineral powder feed same as outdoor.

More updates to follow, happy growing...

• Like 4

This morning when I went outside to the shed to switch on the fluorescent tubes at 06.00am the weather was shit it was cloudy and raining.

The temperature inside the shed on mr mooses thermometer was about 14C when I checked on the plants at 09.00am the temperature was about 16C and it had stopped raining but it was still very cloudy and there were shit loads of dark rain clouds about.

By about 10.30am the cloud was starting to thin out and there ware big patches of clear blue sky and the temperature inside the shed was now 20C

I decided to leave the plants in the shed under the fluorescent tubes until 12.00pm then I moved them out into the back yard where they spent all afternoon basking in the sunshine until about 8.00pm when I moved them into the shed under the fluorescent tubes until it goes dark.

Both Sweet Valley Kush plants in the shed.

17may-2019-sweet-valley-kush-plants-in-shed.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush #1 side view.

17may-2019-svk-#1-side-view.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush #2 side view.

17may-2019-svk-#2-side-view.jpg

Mr moose and his thermomenter showing temperature at 20C

17may-2019-mr-moose-temp-20c.jpg

I did not give them any water tonight the dirt in their root pouches was still damp I will give them a drink tomorrow night.

Happy growing...

• Like 4

This morning at 06.00am it was cloudy and dull but it was dry, so I switched on the fluorescent tubes and left the plants in the shed.

The temperature in the shed at that time was about 14C, it was definitely cool outside, but not as cool inside the shed.

I had something to eat and a cup of tea while I checked newspaper and relaxed for a while.

About 10.00am I checked the plants and the temperature inside the shed was around 18C but it was still really cloudy.

Sweet Valley Kush in shed.

18may-2019-svk-in-shed-morning.jpg

Mr Moose and thermometer showing 18C

18may-2019-mr-moose-temp-18C.jpg

By 12.00pm the cloud had blown over and there was lots of blue sky and sunshine so I moved the plants outside at that time the temperature in the shed was about 26C.

When I checked the thermometer an hour later at 1.00pm in direct sunlight the temperature was 30C.

Happy growing...

• Like 5

I moved both the plants to keep them in direct sunlight at about 4.00pm this afternoon the temperature was about 28C.

Then I moved them again at about 5.30pm so they could enjoy the last couple of hours of direct sunlight before it dipped out of sight.

At 8.30pm I moved the plants into the shed under the fluorescent tubes the temperature was 20C outside in the yard.

Then at 9.00pm I gave each plant 400ml of water the temperature in the shed was 18C

Sweet Valley Kush b#1 side view

18may-2019-svk-b#1-side-view.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush b#1 top view

18may-2019-svk-b#1-top-view.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush b#2 side view

18may-2019-svk-b#2-side-view.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush b#2 top view

18may-2019-svk-b#2-top-view.jpg

Mr Moose and his thr=ermometer showing evening temperature in the shed

18may-2019-evening-temp-18c.jpg

I switch off the fluorescent tubes for the night at 9.45pm as it started to get properly dark.

Happy growing... :smoke:

• Like 4

This morning it was very cloudy and dull when I switched on the fluorescent tubes at 06.00am the temperature inside the shed was 16C

When I checked on the plants at around 11.00am the temperature was 18C I had a brew and went for a stroll and by the time I got back at about 12pm the clouds had thinned out and the sun was shining.

So I moved the plants outside to the back of the yard into the sunshine, at 1pm when I checked mr mooses thermometer the temperature in direct sunlight was 30C and there was a very light breeze too.

I kept moving both plants around to keep them in direct sunlight as long as possible then at 8pm I put them into the shed under the fluorescent tubes then when it started to go dark between 9.30pm and 10pm I switched them off and locked up for the night.

Both plants in the shed for the night.

19may-2019-svk-shed-evening.jpg

SVK-B#1 height is 12cm

19may-2019-svk-b#1-12cm.jpg

SVK-B#2 height is 17cm

19may-2019-svk-b#2-17cm.jpg

Temperature in shed at about 8pm

19may-2019-shed-evening-temp-18c.jpg

Now that my Sweet Mango indoor grow is almost done, I put 4 more Sweet Valley Kush seeds in water to soak for my indoor run in the contest.

I was going to pop 2 more beans and put them outside so I would have them finishing a month after the first two, but the space in the shed is limited and this would just make looking after the plants harder for me, so I decided to be sensible and just pop 4 more beans for inside and play it safe.

Updates to follow, happy growing...

• Like 5

This morning at 06.00am when I switched on the fluorescent tubes in the shed it was very cloudy and cool the temperature in the shed was about 14C.

By 09.00am the cloud had thinned out and the sun was shining, so I moved the plants outside into the sun at that time the temperature inside the shed was 20C.

I did a couple of jobs and checked my email and then about 10.30am I had a cup of tea and checked the temperature outside in direct sunlight it was 30C and the plants seem to be enjoying it.

Sweet Valley Kush in yard enjoying the sunshine.

20may-2019-svk-in-sunshine-morning.jpg

Morning temperature in direct sunlight 30C

20may-2019-morning-temperature-30c.jpg

About 2.30pm I moved the plants to keep them in direct sunlight before I went out for a while the temperature was about 28C when I got back at 5.00pm I moved them again and the temperature in direct sunlight was 30C.

At about 8pm I moved both plants into the shed the dirt in their pouches was nice and dry so I gave each plant 500ml of water.

I then FIM'd each plant because there will only be 2 of them in the shed they can get as big as they want to.

SVK-B#1 FIM site.

20may-2019-svk-b#1-fim.jpg

SVK-B#2 FIM site.

20may-2019-svk-b#2-fim.jpg

Both plants in the shed under fluorescent tubes.

20may-2019-svk-in-shed-evening.jpg

Evening temperature in the shed.

20may-2019-evening-temperature-18c.jpg

The plants are both sat under the fluorescent tubes until I switch them off when it starts to go dark between 9.30 and 10pm.

Happy growing...

• Like 5

It was dull and cloudy when I switched on the fluorescent tubes this morning at 06.00am the temperature in the shed was about 14C.

By about 09.00am the cloud had broken up and the sun was shining, the temperature inside the shed was now 18C I moved mr moose outside into direct sunlight and left him for half an hour, when I checked the temperature again it was 20C.

So I moved both of the Sweet Valley Kush outside so they could enjoy the sunshine.

21may-2019-svk-yard-morning.jpg

Temperature in direct sunlight at about 10.30am was 22C

21may-2019-morning-temperature-22c.jpg

During the morning there was plenty of cloud so the sunshine was not all the time and the temperature averaged about 26C

I repositioned the plants at about 2pm to keep them in direct sunlight and at about 5pm I moved them again so they could soak up the last few rays before the sun is out of the line of sight having sunk low as we near sunset in our part of the world.

At 8pm I moved the plants into the shed under the fluorescent tubes as it goes dark and I will switch off the fluorescent tubes about 9.30pm.

Both plants seem to be growing OK I am pleased with the BioGrow powder nutrient so far it seems to be providing everything they require.

Happy growing...

• Like 3

This morning it was a lot less cloudy than yesterday when I switched on the fluorescent tubes at 06.30am this morning.

The temperature in the shed first thing this morning was about 16C

About 09.00am I moved the thermometer outside into direct sunlight and then did a couple of little jobs when I checked the temperature about 09.30am it was 30C in direct sunlight so I moved both the Sweet Valley Kush plants outside into the sunshine.

22may-2019-svk-morning-sun.jpg

Morning temperature in direct sunlight 30C

22may-2019-morning-temp-30c.jpg

The dirt in their root pouches is drying out nicely and they seem to be really enjoying the sunshine.

It is now a week since I fed them with the BioGrow on the 14th of May and I am wondering when to give them both some of the bio enhancer, so far though they seem very happy with the BioGrow and are not showing signs of any problems.

What do you guys think?

Happy growing...

• Like 4

Hola amigo medidor de gas yo opino que van estupendamente la única pega que puedan tener es que tengan frío por la mañana pero si es poco tiempo no les va mal, feliz crecimiento 

Hello friend, gas meter, I think that they are going great, the only problem they can have is that they are cold in the morning but if it is not long they do not do bad, happy growth

• Like 1

Hi @R.G.S thanks for the kind words, yes if the temperature drops a lot it would be a problem, as long as it is way above 10C its all good.

Hola, @R.G.S gracias por las amables palabras, sí, si la temperatura desciende mucho, sería un problema, siempre que esté muy por encima de 10 ° C, todo está bien.

• Like 1

Hi @g22 yes I am going to use the enhancer as a drench rather than spraying it on the leaves.

I was worried they are a bit small but I think I will give them 1gram per litre and give them 500ml each when the dirt in their pouches is dry tomorrow night.

• Like 1

This morning when I switched on the fluorescent tubes it was cloudy and the temperature inside the shed was about 16C

At around 09.00am the cloud was much thinner so I put the plants outside in the yard and then I checked the temperature about an hour later and the temperature in direct sunlight was about 24C

Both plants enjoying the sunshine the yard.

23may-2019-svk-in-morning-sun.jpg

Morning temperature about 24C

23may-2019-morning-temp-24c.jpg

Tonight the dirt in both plants pouches was nice and dry so I mixed 1g of the bio enhancer with 1ltr of water and then I gave each plant 500ml.

The enhancer is obviously well concentrated the solution was pretty dark so I will keep a close eye on both plants over the next couple of days.

• Like 2

The temperature in the shed this morning was about 16C when I switched on the fluorescent tubes at 6.30am

Although it was cloudy when I switched on the fluorescent tubes over the next hour it thinned out.

I put the thermomenter outside at about 8am in direct sunlight and then checked it at 8.30am and it was about 30C so I moved the plants outside.

Both plants enjoying the warm morning sunshine.

24may-2019-svk-morning-sun.jpg

Temperature in direct sunlight 30C

24may-2019-morning-temp-30c.jpg

I moved both plants as the sun arked across the sky to keep them in direct sunlight and then I moved them into the shed under the fluorescent tubes.

24may-2019-svk-shed-evening.jpg

Temperature inside the shed this evening before I switched lights off about 18C

24may-2019-shed-evening-temp-18c.jpg

Both plants look OK today so hopefully the enhancer was not too much for them.

Happy growing...

• Like 3

There was not much cloud this morning when I switched on the fluorescent tubes and the temperature in the shed was 16C

At 8am I put the thermometer outside in direct sunlight and checked on it half an hour later and the temperature was 23C

So I moved both the plants outside into direct sunlight.

25may-2019-svk-in-morning-sunshine.jpg

Morning temperature about 8.30am this morning.

25may-morning-temperature-23c.jpg

I moved them around lunch time to keep them in direct sunlight, but it was starting to get more and more cloudy, and at about 2pm it started to rain lightly, so put them back in the shed under the fluorescent tubes.

They stayed in the shed for the rest of the day the quality of light from the tubes was better than the light outside.

I switched off the lights and locked up just as it started to go dark around 9.30pm.

Both plants look fine I have seen no signs of nutrient burn after giving them the enhancer, these powder feeding nutrients are easy to use.

• Like 2

This morning it was cloudy and raining when I switched on the fluorescent tubes and the temperature in the shed was about 16C

It rained all morning and by mid afternoon the cloud had thinned out and the sun was shining, but it was very windy.

So I left them in the shed all day, the forcast for tomorrow is light cloud and sunny intervals we may get some showers mid to late afternoon.

Tuesday and Wednesday look betterbut Thursday and Friday look crappy, then the weekend looks good, back to sunshine again.

Hopefully tomorrow they can spend most of the day outside.

Happy growing...

• Like 1

It was cloudy and dull this morning when I switched on the fluorescent tubes and the temperature in the shed was about 15C

By 9am the cloud was clearing so I put the thermometer outside and checked it after about 20 minutes and the temperature was about 22C

So I moved both of the plants outside into the yard to enjoy the sunshine.

27may-2019-svk-moring-sun.jpg

Morning temperature about 22C

27may-2019-svk-morning-temp-22c.jpg

The dirt in both pouches was nice and dry so I gave them both 500ml of water.

At around 5pm it got cloudy again so I moved them both back into the shed and the temperature in the shed was about 20C

I left them both under the fluorescent tubes until it starts to go dark then I will switch off the lights.

The forcast for tomorrow is better sunny and cloudy in the morning and sunny in the afternoon.

• Like 5

Yesterday there was not much cloud when I switched the fluorescent tubes on at 6am and the temperature in the shed was about 16C.

At about 8am the temperature in the shed was about 18C so I place the thermometer outside and checked it 20 minutes later and it was about 26C

So I moved both of the plants outside into the yard although it was sunny the sun was not high enough yet for the plants to be in direct sunlight.

By 9am the plants were in direct sunlight and the temperature was about 30C I moved the plants at lunch time and mid afternoon and then at about 5pm to make sure they were in direct sunlight throughout the day.

This morning when I switched on the fluorescent tubes it was very dull and cloudy and the temperature in the shed was about 14C

The weather was dull and cloudy all morning and it started to brighten up at lunch time, but then it started to rain and it has been raining all afternoon and it is still raining this evening.

The forcast for tomorrow is for light rain and a fresh breeze and the rain cloud icons are only shown until lunch time, but it looks like I will have to keep them both in the shed for another day under the fluorescent tubes to keep them dry and provide a better light source than outside.

The forcast for Friday islight cloud and fesh breeze in the morning and then some sunshine in the afternoon so they can go outside again and for Saturday the forcast is light cloud and gentle breeze so hopefully we will get some sunshine.

It looks like the weather will improve as we move into next week. :D

Happy growing...

• Like 3

It was cloudy and dull yesterday morning when I switched on the fluorescent tubes at 6.30am and the temperature in the shed was about 14C

By mid morning the temperature improved to about 18C and by lunch time the cloud thinned and the sun came out and the temperature in the shed was about 24C and in direct sunlight it was 30C

They both spent the afternoon outside in the yard enjoying the sunshine and then about 6pm it started to get very cloudy again so I moved them both back into the shed for the night under the fluorescent tubes and I swiched off the lights as it started to go dark about 9.45pm.

This morning it was very dull and cloudy again when I switched on the fluorescent tubes at 6.30am, the temperature in the shed was about 16C

The weather stayed cloudy and dull all day so they have both stayed inside the shed under the fluorescent tubes.

By mid morning the temperature in the shed was about 18C and by lunch time it was about 20C and it stayed the same all afternoon.

Tonight just before I switched off the lights I gave each plant 500ml of water and the temperature in the shed was about 20C.

I also measure them again and svk-b#1 is now 20cm tall and svk#b#2 is now 27cm tall so they have made a little progress in height.

And they have both made progress sprouting new growth at each node as well I am pleased with them so far.

• Like 1

This morning at 6.30am when I switched on the fluorescent tubes it was very dull and cloudy and the temperature in the shed was about 16C.

By about 9.00am the temperature inside the shed was about 18C and it was now raining outside, but it was warm with a gentle breeze.

When I checked on the plants at around 12.00pm the temperature was 20C

Here are some images of the plants I took tonight before I switched off the lights just before it went dark.

Both of the Sweet Valley Kush plants under fluorescent light.

01june-2019-svk-plants-in-shed.jpg

Evening temperature in the shed 22C

01june-2019-evening-temperature.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush B#1 foliage side view.

01june-2019-svk-b#1-foliage.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush B#2 foliage side view.

01june-2019-svk-b#2-foliage.jpg

Tomorrow the weather will definitely be better than today it looks like we will get some sunshine and the rest of the week is looking good.

Happy growing... :pleasantry:

• Like 7

When I went outside this morning at 6.30am to switch on the fluorescent tubes in the shed it was very cloudy and dull again and it was raining lightly the temperature in the shed was about 16C

When I checked the temperature at about 10am it was about 18C and by early afternoon the temperature was about 20C

By late afternoon the rain had stopped and the clouds thinned out enough for the sun to peep through for a couple of hours.

I kept the plants inside the shed because it is quite breezy so I dont want them getting battered about by the wind.

The temperature inside the shed at 6.30pm was about 22C

The weather forcast is a lot better tomorrow with a dry sunny day so they will be able to go outside and enjoy some sunshine again.

It looks like for the rest of the week we will get more sunshine than rain and cloud so its all good.

• Like 1