3rd Mega Contest - Sweet Valley Kush - UK Outdoor - Completed

gasmeter

Over the past few days the weather has been crap.

On Monday it was cloudy and dull all day, so the Sweet Valley Kush plants stayed in the shed under the fluorescent tubes.

On Tuesday the cloud cleared up by lunch time and the sun was shining so I was able to put the plants outside to soak up the sunshine all afternoon and into the evening until it had arced across the skyline out of sight.

Wednesday was OK it started off a bit cloudy but by 9am it had thinned out and the sun was shining so I put the plants outside in the yard where they stayed for the rest of the day soaking up the sunshine until the sun was low then about 8pm I put them in the shed under the fluorescent tubes until it went dark around 10pm.

Yesyerday the weather was crap again and it has been crap today and the forcast for tomorrow is crap, but it looks like Sunday will be sunny and Monday and Tuesday as well so hopefully we will start to get some better weather.

Here are some images I took last night before I shut off the lights in the shed.

Sweet Valley Kush in the shed under fluorescent tubes.

07june-2019-svk-in-shed.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush B#1 side view.

07june-2019-svk-b#1-side-view.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush B#2 side view.

07june-2019-svk-b#2-side-view.jpg

The temperatures each day have been consistent starting in the mornings at about 14C in the morning when I switch on the lights by lunch time around 20C when it was cloudy and dull with showers the day time temperature was about 20 22C maximum, and when it was sunny the temperature in direct sunlight was about 30C

Both plants are growing nicely despite the lack of sunshine and the short one is now 22CM tall and the taller plant is now 29CM tall.

It is now 2 weeks since I gave them some enhancer so I will give them some more tomorrow when I give them some water.

I fed both plants with 4 weeks worth of BioGrow on the 14th of May on the 11th of June which is next Tuesday 4 weeks will have passed, so next weekend I will give them both some BioBloom feed and then I can start to trick them into flowering by controling their photoperiod.

Happy growing...:pleasantry:

• Like 4

On Saturday the weather was crap it was cloudy with lots of showers.

So both the Sweet Valley Kush plants stayed in the shed all day, in the morning when I switched on the fluorescent tubes the temperature was about 14C and it by mid morning it was 20C and when I shut of the lights it was about 18C

Yesterday there was not much cloud when I switched on the fuorescent tubes at 6.30am and the temperature was about 14C and by about 8.30am I put mr moose outside and then about 15 minutes later I checked his thermometer and it was about 22C although the thermometer was not in direct sunlight.

So I moved both of the Sweet Valley Kush plants outside into the fresh warm bright morning ready for when the sun rose over the house.

I checked on them at about 9.30am and the temperature was about 30C in the afternoon the temperature got to about 32C at its hottest in direct sunlight.

I kept moving the plants to keep them in direct sunlight, the dirt in thier pouches was nice and dry so I mixed 1g of Bio Enhancer with 1ltr of water and then I gave each plant 500ml of the solution in the early evening and left them outside until it started to go dark around 10pm and then I put them in the shed and tucked them up for the night, the temperature in the shed was about 18C

Sweet Valley Kush enjoying the last of the evening sun light.

10june-2019-svk-in-sun.jpg

Temperature about 7pm last night.

10june-2019-mr-moose-temp-26c-.jpg

Foliage on SVK-B#1

10june-2019-svk-b#1-foliage.jpg

Top of plant SVK-B#1

10june-2019-svk-b#1-plant-top.jpg

Foliage on SVK-B#2

10june-2019-svk-b#2-foliage.jpg

Top of plant SVK-B#2

10june-2019-svk-b#2-plant-top.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush top view of plants enjoying last of the evening sunlight.

10june-2019-svk-top-view.jpg

This morning when I switched on the fluorescent tubes the temperature in the shed was about 14C and there was not much cloud and lots of blue sky.

At about 8.30am I put mr moose outside with his thermometer and them check on him 30 minutes later and the temperature was about 22C

So I moved both of the plants outside into the yard to wait for the sun to rise above the house and half an hour later the plants were in direct sunlight and the temperature was about 28C

By late afternoon it got quite cloudy and then we had a shower but it only lasted a few minutes so I left them both outside for another hour and at about 5pm I put them in the shed under the fluorescent tubes the temperature in the shed was about 20C

I left them under the lights in the shed until it started to go dark about 10pm and then I switched off the lights for the night.

Tomorrow it will be 4 weeks since I fed them with BioGrow so as soon as the dirt in the pouches is nice and dry I will give them the BioBloom and then I can start to control their photoperiod and trick them into flowering.

The weather this week is a mixed bag with lots of sunshine and shower forcaste, but there seems to be more sunshine than cloudy showery weather, so as long as the sun shines more than it rains its all good.

Happy growing...

• Like 4

Hi @g22 thanks for the kind words

No I will leave them in the 16ltr root pouches.

Last year I grew 2 Passion #1 and I was using rubble buckets I got from a local builders merchants and drilled drainage holes in the bottom.

passion#1-2018-outdoor-grow.jpg

Inside each rubble bucket is a scale marked in litres and they are supposed to hold 14 litres whenfilled as they are in the image, but they are definitely not 14 litres more like 20 so I am thinking the 16 litre root pouches will be OK because the rubble buckets were not that much bigger.

The plants won't grow into trees because I can get them to flower when I want them to flower by putting them in the shed to control their photoperiod so I can make sure they will be able to fit inside the shed over night to keep them safe.

Happy growing...

• Like 4

The weather has been absolutely crap over the past couple of days since my last update on Monday.

So the plants have been in the shed under the fluorescent tubes for the past couple of days.

The temeprature in the shed in the mornings has been about 14C and it then rises to about 18/20C during the day and falls to about 18C at night.

Last night the dirt in the root pouches was nice and dry so I gave each plant 700ml of water.

Both plants seem to be OK although growth seems a bit slow now due to just being sat under the two fluorescent tubes, but the plants are OK.

So on Tuesday it was 4 weeks since I gave them both the BioGrow, so this weekend once the dirt in their pouches is dry I will give them some of the BioBloom to last them for 8 weeks.

Then I can start to manipulate the photoperiod and trick them into flowering, I just have to place 2 pieces of cardboard over the shed windows to block out the light and everything is in place to get them flowering.

I will upload some new images at the weekend.

Happy growing...

• Like 1

Time for another progress update on the 2 outdoor Sweet Valley Kush plants.

Yesterday when I switched on the fluorescent tubes at 6.30am it was well cloudy with light rain showers the temperature in the shed was about 14C

At about 10am the light showers stopped and it was just cloudy but it was starting to brighten up.

By 12pm the cloud was thinned out a lot and the sun was shining so I moved both of the plants outside into the yard into the sun.

The temperature inside the shed at that time was about 20C I moved mr moose outside and checked on him after 15 minutes and the temperature in direct sunlight was about 28C

I was able to keep them outside all afternoon and once the sun had gone below the roofs of the houses I moved them both into the shed under the fluorescent tubes until it went dark and I switched off the lights the temperature in the shed was about 18C

This morning when I switched on the fluorescent tubes it was well cloudy outside but it was dry the temperature inside the shed was about 16C

By about 9am the cloud had thinned out and the sun was shining so I moved the plants outside into the sunshine.

At about 10am it started to rain just a light shower so I popped the plants back in the shed and had a brew after about 20 minutes the sun was shining again so I put the plants back outside to enjoy the sunshine where they stayed for the rest of the day.

The dirt in both plants root pouches was nice and dry so tonight I have weighed out 42g of BioBloom for each plant sprinkled it onto the dirt and then worked it into the dirt and then I gave each plant 1ltr of water to water the powder feed into the soil.

Both plants are sat under the fluorescent tubes until it goes dark about 10pm.

I also prepared the shed ready to start to manipulate the plants photoperiod starting tomorrow now they have had the bloom feed, I trapped two pieces of cardboard in the shed window frame to block out the light.

So tomorrow will be their first 14 1/2 hour day to start to trick them into flowering.

Here are some images I took tonight.

Sweet Valley Kush in evening sunlight.

15june-2019-svk-outside.jpg

Weighing out 42g of GHS BioBloom powder feed.

15june-2019-ghs-bio-bloom.jpg

SVK-B#1 with GHS BioBloom powder feed on dirt.

15june-2019-svk-b#1-feed-on-dirt.jpg

SVK-B#2 with GHS BioBloom powder feed on dirt.

15june-2019-svk-b#2-feed-on-dirt.jpg

SVK-B#1 with GHS BioBloom powder feed mixed into dirt.

15june-2019-svk-b#1-feed-mixed-in-dirt.jpg

SVK-B#2 with GHS BioBloom powder feed mixed into dirt.

15june-2019-svk-b#2-feed-mixed-in-dirt.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush fed and watered with GHS BioBloom powder feed.

15june-2019-svk-ghs-bio-bloom.jpg

Shed window and evening sunlight.

15june-2019-shed-window.jpg

Shed window with peices of cardboard trapped in the frame to block out light.

15june-2019-shed-window-cardbord-light-block.jpg

The weather forcast for this area next week is looking good with plenty of sunshine which is good news after all the crap weather recently.

Happy growing...

• Like 3

Hola amigo yo normalmente para engañarlas yo las pongo a doce horas luz doce oscuridad como que las quieres engañar a 14 y media? no lo entiendo, o es que prefieres que sea progresivo el cambio hasta que llegues a doce doce? y otra observación es que dejes que beban algo de lluvia es la mejor agua que puedan tomar eso creo yo... Por lo demás están preciosas esas plantas sigue así hermano :clapping:

Hello friend, I usually to cheat them, I put them twelve light hours, twelve darkness, how do you want to cheat them at 14:30? I do not understand, or do you prefer that the change be progressive until you reach twelve twelve? And another observation is that let them drink some rain is the best water they can drink that I think ... Otherwise they are beautiful those plants are still like that brother

• Like 1

Hi @R.G.S yes I forgot I am 2 months early, so tonight at 6.30pm I put them inside the shed so they are on a 12/12 photoperiod.

Over the past couple of years I have vegged the plants for 2 months starting in the middle of May then mid July I would control the photoperiod so it matched the photoperiod on the shortest day on August 21st which is usually 14 1/2 hours of day light here in the UK and the point they would normally start to flower on their own.

So the plant would be on a 14 1/2 hour photoperiod for a month leading up to the 21st August and at that point my photoperiod and the real one match and usually the plant has already been in flower a month so I know I can finish the plant before the end of the season.

Hola, @R.G.S sí, olvidé que tengo 2 meses de anticipación, así que esta noche a las 6.30 pm los puse dentro del cobertizo para que estén en un fotoperíodo 12/12.

Durante los últimos dos años, he mantenido las plantas durante 2 meses a partir de mediados de mayo y luego a mediados de julio, controlaría el fotoperíodo, de modo que coincidía con el fotoperíodo el día más corto del 21 de agosto, que suele ser de 14 horas y media. luz aquí en el Reino Unido y el punto en el que normalmente comenzarían a florecer solos.

Así que la planta estaría en un fotoperíodo de 14 horas y media durante un mes antes del 21 de agosto y en ese momento mi fotoperíodo y el real coincidirán y, por lo general, la planta ya ha florecido un mes, así que sé que puedo terminar. La planta antes del final de la temporada.

• Like 1

The weather since my last update has been good with plenty of sunshine.

In the mornings when I go outside to the shed and switch on the fluorescent tubes at 6.30am it has been cloudy but the cloud soon thins out by 9am and I put the plants outside to enjoy the sunshine.

The temperature inside the shed in the mornings is between 14/16C this morning it was about 18C and this afternoon at one point the temperature in direct sunlight was about 34C

After watering them on Saturday the dirt in their pots was dry on Monday so I gave each plant 1ltr of water, today the dirt in their pouches was dry again so I gave each plant 1.5ltr of water, looks like their roots have conquered the root pouches now.

Both of the plants are certainly growing  nicely SVK-B#1 is now 32cm tall and SVK-B#2 is now 42cm tall.

Here are some images I took today late afternoon afternoon.

Both Sweet Valley Kush plants outside in the yard.

19june-2019-svk-in-yard.jpg

Late afternoon temperature not in direct sunlight.

19june-2019-late-afternoon-temp.jpg

SVK-B#1 side view.

19june-2019-svk-b#1-side-view.jpg

SVK-B#1 curvey stalk near bottom of plant, the stalk on the other side of the plant is the same.

19june-2019-svk-b#1-curvey-stalk.jpg

SVK-B#1 foliage close up.

19june-2019-svk-b#1-foliage-close-up.jpg

SVK-B#1 top view.

19june-2019-svk-b#1-top-view.jpg

SVK-B#2 side view.

19june-2019-svk-b#2-side-view.jpg

SVK-B#2 foliage close up.

19june-2019-svk-b#2-foliage-close-up.jpg

SVK-B#2 top view.

19june-2019-svk-b#2-top-view.jpg

Tomorrow the 20th of June it will be 2 weeks since I gave them some Enhancer so I will give them some more at the weekend when they are ready for a drink again and the dirt in the root pouches has dried out again, they seem to be enjoying the sunshine and the BioBloom feed.

The weather forcast for what is left of the week and next week looks good with plenty of sunshine which will be great if it stays warm and sunny.

More updates at the weekend, happy growing...

• Like 4

Time for a progress update on the 2 Sweet Valley Kush at the end of week 1 of flowering.

Since my last update the weather has been warm and sunny, when I went outside to switch on the fluorescent tubes at 6.30am the days have started cloudy but by 8/9am the cloud has thinned out and the sun is shining through so I move the plants outside to enjoy the sunshine.

The plants are growing OK SVK-B#1 is now 38cm high and SVK-B#2 is 48cm high so both plants have grown 6cm since I last measured their height.

Last night the dirt in the root pouches was nice and dry so I mixed 2g of the Bio Enhancer with 2 litres of water and gave each plant 1 litre of the solution and I also gave them 500ml of plain tap water as well so they get the same amount of liquids as last time.

I also mixed up a 500ml soolution of Trounce and sprayed both plants a few lower leaves have leaf miner damage, so I gave each plant a good drenching in the Trounce solution after I watered and gave them the Enhancer, then I let them both dry off outside for half an hour before I put them both back into the shed for the night.

This afternoon when it went cloudy I sprayed both plants again with Trounce to give them a second treatment.

Here are some images I took last night.

Sweet Valley Kush in yard early evening.

23june-2019-svk-evening-in-yard.jpg

SVK-B#1 side view.

23june-2019-svk-b#1-side-view.jpg

SVK-B#1 foliage.

23june-2019-svk-b#1-foliage.jpg

SVK-B#1 top of plant.

23june-2019-svk-b#1-top-view.jpg

SVK-B#2 side view.

23june-2019-svk-b#2-side-view.jpg

SVK-B#2 foliage.

23june-2019-svk-b#2-foliage.jpg

SVK-B#2 top of plant.

23june-2019-svk-b#2-top-view.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush plants prayed with Trounce drying out ready to go in shed for night.

23june-2019-svk-sprayed-with-trounce.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush plants in the shed for the night.

23june-2019-svk-in-shed-for-night.jpg

The temperatures in the mornings have been 14/16C and in the day time it has averaged about 26/28C but at times it has been up to about 34C in direct sunlight today it has been pretty cloudy the forcast is for rain over night and tomorrow.

But it will get better on Tuesday and then back to sunshine for the rest of the week ahead which is good news.

Updates to follow, happy growing...

• Like 4

Time for a quick mid week update.

Both of the Sweet Valley Kush plants are growing OK and making progress making new nodes.

The weather on Monday started off very cloudy at 6.30am when I switched on the fluorescent tubes the temperature inside the shed was about 16C and by about 11am the cloud was starting to thin out and the sun was starting to shine, the temperature inside the shed was about 20C

I moved the thermometer outside into direct sunlight and after 20 minutes I checked the thermometer and the temperature was about 26C so I moved both of the plants outside so they could enjoy the sunshine for the rest of the day until I put them back into the shed at about 6.30pm for the night.

On Tuesday morning it was very cloudy again and there was a weather warning the forcast was for lots of heavy rain showers, the temperature inside the shed at 6.30am was about 18C so I left the plants in the shed under the fluorescent tubes safe and warm.

I went for a walk with a friend at 10.30am and got home about 13.00pm although the forcaste was for heavy showers and there was a weather warning there were a couple of showers, but fortunately we were in a local cafe having a brew and they passed quickly.

By about 2pm the cloud had thinned out and the sun was shining the temperature inside the shed was now about 24C so I moved the plants outside into the yard to enjoy the sunshine for what was left of their day.

Yesterday started slowly it was very cloudy at 6.30am when I switched on the fluorescent tubes in the shed and the temperature was about 18C by about 9am the cloud had thinned out and the sun was shining so I moved both of the plants outside.

The dirt in both the plants root pouches was nice and dry so just before I put the plants back in the shed for the night I gave each plant 1.5 litres of water to give them a drink and then I put them in the shed for the night the temperature in the shed was about 20C

This morning at 6.30am when I switched on the fluorescent tubes the temperature inside the shed was about 18C and outside the sky was blue not a cloud in sight, but the sun was still low in the sky so I left the plants inside the shed.

At about 9am I moved mr moose and his thermometer outside into the yard and check it again 20 minutes later and the temperature was about 28C and the sun was above the house roof and shining into the back yard so I moved both plants outside to enjoy the sunshine.

Last time I checked the thermometer at about 10.30am the temperature in direct sunlight was about 34C

Last night I measured the plants and SVK-B#1 is 40cm tall and SVK-B#4 is 50cm tall.

More updates to follow, happy growing...

• Like 1

End of week 2 of 12/12

Both of the Sweet Valley Kush are growing well.

The weather on Friday was nice and sunny in the morning the temperature inside the shed at 6.30am it was about 20C so I put the plants outside.

By about 8.30am the plants were in direct sunlight and I kept moving them so they stayed in direct sunlight all day.

The highest temperature during the day was about 34C and when I put them inside the shed ofr the night the temperature inside the shed was about 22C

Yesterday it started off great the temperature at 6.30am in the shed was about 20C so I put both plants outside.

I checked the temperature at about 7am and it was about 22C and by 8.30am the plants were in direct sunlight and the temperature was about 28C

By about 9.30 it got cloudy and the sunshine was intermittent for the rest of the day, but there was more sunshine than cloud.

The highest temperature in the afternoon was about 28C

The dirt in the root pouches was nice and dry and they felt light so I gave each plant 2 litres of water just before I put them inside for the night.

The temperature inside the shed was about 18C

Yesterday as I was checking out the plants I noticed that the first few pistles are now visible on both plants.

I also measured both plants SVK-B#1 is now 44cm tall and SVK-B#2 is now 54cm tall.

Here are some images I took yesterday afternoon.

Both the Sweet Valley Kush plants in the afternoon sunshine.

30june-2019-svk-afternoon-sun.jpg

Mr moose and his thermometer afternoon temperature 28C

30june-2019-svk-afternoon-temps.jpg

SVK-B#1 side view.

30june-2019-svk-b#1-side-view.jpg

SVK-B#1 main stalk and foliage.

30june-2019-svk-b#1-stalk-foliage.jpg

SVK-B#1 top of plant.

30june-2019-svk-b#1-top-of-plant.jpg

SVK-B#1 top view.

30june-2019-svk-b#1-top-view.jpg

SVK-B#1 top of plant first few pistles just visible.

30june-2019-svk-b#1-first-few-pistles.jpg

SVK-B#2 side view.

30june-2019-svk-b#2-side-view.jpg

SVK-B#2 main stalk and foliage.

30june-2019-svk-b#2-stalk-foliage.jpg

SVK-B#2 top of plant.

30june-2019-svk-b#2-top-of-plant.jpg

SVK-B#2 top view.

30june-2019-svk-b#2-top-view.jpg

SVK-B#2 top of plant first few pistles just visible.

30june-2019-svk-b#2-first-few-pistles.jpg

This morning the temperature inside the shed was about 20C and the sky was blue so both plants went straight outside.

When I checked the thermometer the temperature at about 7.30am the temperature was about 26C

By 9.30am the temperature was about 28C and it had got cloudy with intermittent sunshine like yesterday.

Just before I put the plants in the shed for the night at 6.30pm tonight I sprayed both plants with Trounce I spotted some little flies.

More updates to follow, happy growing...

• Like 2

Wow, really leafy, they even look like real lettuces! I love to see leaves so big and healthy, they are awesome. 

Temperature and bugs are always a problem in summer hehe, but even with all that, your crop is great, congratulations :)

• Like 2

Hi @Jose.gh inner luv for the kind words bro

I like that lettuces nice one, shit you sussed me out, these plants are really secret hybrids this will revolutionise lettuce growing.

Instead of growing a single lettuce you can grow a shit load on a little lettuce bush, a bit like vertical gardening

This is what the future looks like for lettuce :rofl:

• Like 1

Time for a progress update, on Monday it was cloudy until mid afternoon then the cloud thinned out and the sun shone so I moved the plants outside, in the morning the temperature in the shed at 6.30am was about 16C by lunch time it had risen to about 20C

In direct sunlight late afternoon the temperature was about 28C and at 6.30pm when I put the plants in the shed for the night the temperature was about 20C inside the shed from the sun shining on it from mid afternoon.

Tuesday morning at 6.30am the sky was blue not a cloud in sight the temperature inside the shed was about 16C I put mr moose and his thermometer outside and left it for 15 minutes and the temperature was the same about 16C so I moved the plants outside.

By 8.30am the sun had risen over the roof of the house and was shining into the back yard on the plants and the temperature in direct sunlight was about 28C, at it highest the temperature reached about 34C in the early to mid afternoon, when I put them in the shed for the night the temperature inside the shed was about 20C

This morning at 6.30am there was a bit of cloud and it was nice and bright the temperature inside the shed was about 18C I left the thermometer outside for about 15 minutes and the temperature was similar so I moved both the plants outside and by 8.30am they were basking in sunlight.

The dirt in their root pouches was getting pretty dry so I gave each plant a 2 litre pop bottle full of water each at about 5pm as they caught the last few rays where they were sat in the yard, and at 6.30pm when I put then back in the shed for the night the temperature in the shed was about 24C

The forcast for tomorrow and the next few days looks good with plenty of sunshine which is great, each day more and more pistles become visible on each plant they are definitely in flower now aint no maybe.

More updates and images to follow at the week end, happy growing... :pleasantry:

• Like 1

End of week 3 of 12/12

The Sweet Valley Kush plants are both growing well and it is now very obvious they are in flower the young buds are very visible now.

On Thursday morning at 6.30am when I went outside the sky was blue and not much cloud about the temperature inside the shed was about 18C

So I moved the plants outside into the bright daylight, when I checked on them at 7.30am the temperature was about 22C by 8.30am when they were in direct sunlight the temperature was about 28C by lunch time early afternoon it was about 32C

When I put them in the shed for the night the temperature was about 22C

Friday morning had a good start very little cloud and lots of blue sky at 6.30am and the temperature inside the shed was about 18C so I moved the plants outside into the broght daylight, when I checked on them at about 8.30am the temperature in direct sunlight was about 28C

I moved the plants at about 3pm in the afternoon to keep them in direct sunlight as the sun arcs across the sky, the temperature late afternoon in direct sunlight was about 36C

The dirt in the root pouches was nice and dry so at about 5pm I gave each plant 2 litres of water, when I put them in the shed for the night at 6.30pm the temperature was about 22C

Yesterday morning at 6.30am the sky was blue but there was a bit of patchy cloud, the temperature in the shed was about 16C so I moved both plants outside into the yard, by 8.30am the temperature was about 28C in direct sunlight.

After taking some photos of the plants I measure them both SVK-B#1 is now47cm tall and SVK-B#2 is now 58cm tall.

When I put the plants in the shed for the night the temperature in the shed was about 22C.

This morning at 6.30am it was nice outside the sky was blue with very little cloud, the temperature in the shed was about 18C, so I put the plants outside by 8.30am the temperature was 28C and when I checked them about 11am the temperature was about 34C

Here are some images I took yesterday afternoon just before I watered the plants.

Sweet Valley Kush plants basking in the late afternoon sunshine.

07july-2019-svk-in-sunshine.jpg

Mr Moose and his thermometer showing late afternoon temperature.

07july-2019-afternoon-temp.jpg

SvK-B#1 side view.

07july-2019-svk-b#1-side-view.jpg

SvK-B#1 stalks and foliage.

07july-2019-svk-b#1-stalks-foliage.jpg

SVK-B#1 foliage and young buds.

07july-2019-svk-b#1-foliage-bud.jpg

SvK-B#1 top view.

07july-2019-svk-b#1-top-view.jpg

SvK-B#1 bud on lower stalk.

07july-2019-svk-b#1-lower-bud.jpg

SvK-B#1 bud on top of plant.

07july-2019-svk-b#1-top-bud.jpg

SvK-B#2 side view.

07july-2019-svk-b#2-side-view.jpg

SvK-B#2 stalks and foliage.

07july-2019-svk-b#2-stalks-foliage.jpg

SVK-B#2 foliage and young buds.

07july-2019-svk-b#2-foliage-bud.jpg

SvK-B#2 top view.

07july-2019-svk-b#2-top-view.jpg

SvK-B#2 bud on lower stalk.

07july-2019-svk-b#2-lower-bud.jpg

SvK-B#2 bud on top of plant.

07july-2019-svk-b#2-top-bud.jpg

The weather over the past few days has been pretty good with plenty of sunshine, but the forcast for next week looks crap with lots of cloud and rain for most of the week then things will get better on Thursday and hopefully get back to lots of sunshine.

Happy growing...  :D

• Like 3

Hi @Jose.gh

I think the reason the plants are leafy is down to the light outside I think that they make more leaves to be able to be able to absorb more light or as much as they can.

Last year we had a heat wave and we had lots of blazing sunshine, but if you look back a few posts at the image of the Passion #1 plants you can see they are leafy too.

Maybe its a UK thing with the cooler temperatures.

• Like 1

Time for a progress update on the outdoor Sweet Valley Kush at the end of week 4 of 12/12.

Monday 08 july the day started well blue sky very bright 6.30am temp 16C plants straight outside highest temp about 34C averaged about 26/8C about 3.30pm went really cloudy and tried to rain moved plants into shed under fluorescent tubes for rest of day the temp when I switched off the lights about 22C

On Tuesday 09 july cloudy at 6.30am the temperature in the shed was about 18C I left both plants in shed under the fluorescent lights all day the average temperature was about 22C in afternoon and about 20C when I switched the lights off locked up the shed for the night.

On Wednesday 10 july in the morning at 6.30am it was a cloudy and very dull start to the day the temperature inside shed was about 18C around 9am cloud thinned out and the sun was shining so I moved the plants outside the temperature was about 22C by lunch time sky cloudy again temperature about 20C the temperature was the same when I put them in the shed for the night.

On Thursday morning 6.30am it was a cloudy and dull start the temperature in the shed was about 18C by 9am it brightened up and the temperature in shed about 20C so I moved the plants outside and checked the plants after 30 minutes and the temperature outside about 24C in direct sunlight.

Friday morning was dull and cloudy with light rain at 6.30am temperature inside the shed was about 18C left plants in shed under fluorescent tubes nice and dry until it dried up about 10am and the cloud thinned and the sun came out and the temperature outside was about 22C by 12pm the temperature was about 32C in direct sunlight and by late afternoon it was about 26C in direct sunlight.

When I put the plants in the shed for the night the temperature in the shed was about 20C

Yesterday morning at 6.30am it was a bit dull and cloudy the temperature in the shed was about 18C by 9.30am the sun was shining so I moved the plants outside where the temperature in direct sunlight was about 24C

By lunch time the temperature in direct sunlight was about 34C and mid afternoon the temperature was about 30C in direct sunlight, in the late afternoon it cooled down once the plants were not in direct sunlight the temperature was about 28C and when I ut them inside the shed for the night the temperature in the shed was about 22C

This morning it was dull and cludy at 6.30am so I left the plants under the fluorescent tubes until the cloud thinned out and the sun was shining at about 9.30am so I put the plants outside and the temperature in direct sunlight was about 28C by about 12pm the temperature was about 34C and in the late afternoon once the plants were no longer in direct sunlight the temperature was about 26C

The dirt in each plants root pouch was nice and dry and they were light so I gave each plant 2 litres of water just before I put them in the shed for the night, the temperature in the shed was about 22C

Yesterday I took some photos of the plants and I also measured them SVK-B#1 is now 50cm tall and SVK-B#2 is now 60cm tall, both plants are doing great and building quietly building buds.

Here are some photos I took yesterday.

Both of the Sweet Valley Kush plants in the afternoon sunshine.

14july-2019-svk-afternoon-sun.jpg

The temperature in direct sunlight about 30C

14july-2019-afternoon-temp-30c.jpg

SVK-B#1 side view of plant.

14july-2019-svk-b#1-side-view.jpg

SVK-B#1 bud on lower stalk.

14july-2019-svk-b#1-lower-bud.jpg

SVK-B#1 bud next to main stalk.

14july-2019-svk-b#1-stalk-and-buds.jpg

SVK-B#1 bud near top of plant around main stalk.

14july-2019-svk-b#1-buds-near-top-of-plant.jpg

SVK-B#1 bud on top of the plant.

14july-2019-svk-b#1-top-bud.jpg

SVK-B#2 side view of plant.

14july-2019-svk-b#2-side-view.jpg

SVK-B#2 bud on lower stalk.

14july-2019-svk-b#2-lower-bud.jpg

SVK-B#2 bud next to main stalk.

14july-2019-svk-b#2-stalk-and-buds.jpg

SVK-B#2 bud near top of plant around main stalk.

14july-2019-svk-b#2-buds-near-top-of-plant.jpg

SVK-B#2 bud on top of the plant.

14july-2019-svk-b#2-top-bud.jpg

Happy growing... :D

• Like 3

Time for a quick mid week update on the 2 Sweet Valley Kush.

On Monday morning at 6.30am the temperature inside the shed was about 18C outside it was bright and there was not much cloud just lots of blue sky so I moved both plants outside into the yard, I checked on them 30 minutes later and the temperature outside was about 20C

By 8.30am they plants were in direct sunlight and the temperature was about 26C by lunch time the temperature was about 32C at reach about 36C by mid afternoon then by 6.30pm the temperature had cooled to about 24C when I put them in the shed for the night the temperature was about 22C

Yesterday morning at 6.30am the temperature inside the shed was about 20C and it was nice and warm outside and the sky was blue with a few fluffy little clouds so I moved both of the plants outside and then I checked the temperature 30 minutes later it was about 24C and the plants were not in direct sunlight.

By about 830am the temperature in direct sunlight was about 28C and when I checked about 10.30am before I went for a stroll the temperature was about 32C in direct sunlight the temperature reach about 34C by lunch time and mid afternoon it started to cool down to about 28C.

At 6.30pm when I put the plants inside the shed for the night the temperature was about 22C before I locked up for the night I filled two 2 litre pop bottles with water ready for next time I water the plants.

This morning at 6.30am it was warm outside and the sky was blue and a few little clouds the temperature inside the shed was about 20C so I moved both of the plants outside into the yard I checked the temperature 30 minutes later and it was about 22C

By about 8.30am the temperature in direct sunlight was about 26C and by about 12pm the temperature was about 32C and at about 3pm it was very cloudy and dull the dirt in the root pouches was nice and dry so I gave both plants 2 litres of water.

Then it started to rain lightly so I moved both of the plants into the shed under the fluorescent tubes the temperature inside the shed was about 26C and at 6.30pm when I switched off the lights and locked up the temperature in the shed was about 22C

Before I watered the plants I measured them both SVK-B#1 is now 50cm tall and SVK-B#2 is now 60cm tall so no difference in height since I last measured the plants, although the plants are not taller the buds have definitely got bigger.

More updates at the weekend, happy growing...  :pleasantry:

• Like 2

Time for a progress update on the 2 outdoor Sweet Valley Kush at the end of week 5 and start of week 6 of flowering.

On Thursday morning it was bright outside and there few clouds at 6.30am the temperature in the shed was about 18C so I put both of the plants outside in the yard, I checked the thermometer 30 minutes later and the temperature was about 20C

By 8.30am the temperature was about 24C and in at lunch time and mid afternoon the temperature was about 32C when I put the plants in the shed for the night the temperature was about 20C

On Firday morning at 6.30am the temperature inside the shed was about 18C outside it was bright and there was not a lot of cloud and plenty of blue sky so I moved both plants into the yard, I checked the temperature about 30 minutes later and it was about 20C

Unfortunately by about 8am it got very dull and cloudy and then there was a light rain so I moved the plants back inside the shed where they stayed for the rest of the day the maximum temperature in the day was about 24C mid afternoon and when I switched off the lights the temperature was 20C

Yesterday at 6.30am in the morning the temperature inside the shed was about 20C outside it was very bright and there was not much cloud and lots of blue sky so I moved both of the plants outside, I checked the temperature about 30 minutes later and it was about 22C and by 8.30am it was 28C

Unfortunately at lunch time it got really cloudy then started to piss down so I put the plants in the shed under the fluorescent tubes, by about 2pm the weather healed up so I moved the plants back outside the temperature was about 26C in direct sunlight.

This morning at 6.30am the temperature in the shed was about 20C outside it was bright and there was not much cloud so I moved both of the plants out into the yard, when I checked the temperature 30 minutes later it was about 22C and by 8.30am it was about 28C according to Mr Moose.

By about 9.30am it got cloudy and stayed like that for the rest of the morning the temperature was about 26C then about 11.30am it started to rain lightly so I moved both the plants into the shed, but after about 30 minutes it stopped, so I moved the plants back outside again where they stayed for the rest of the day it was cloudy and dull but dry and the temperature was about 24C

The dirt in both the plants root pouches was nice and dry so I gave each plant 2 litres of water with 1g per litre of enhancer, when I put the plants in the shed for the night the temperature in the shed was about 22C

Last night I noticed a little spider has taken up residence in SVK-B#1 it had spun a little web and looked well settled in there.

Here are some images I took this afternoon just before I watered the plants and gave them some enhancer.

Both Sweet Valley Kush plants under a cloudy sky waiting for the sun to return.

21july-2019-svk-in-back-yard.jpg

The temperature about 24C this afternoon on a dull and cloudy day. 

21july-2019-afternoon-temp-24c.jpg

SVK-B#1 side view of the plant.

21july-2019-svk-b#1-side-view.jpg

SVK-B#1 top view of the plant.

21july-2019-svk-b#1-top-view.jpg

SVK-B#1 buds on a bottom stalk.

21july-2019-svk-b#1-bottom-stalk-buds.jpg

SVK-B#1 buds on the main stalk near the top of the plant.

21july-2019-svk-b#1-buds-near-top-of-plant.jpg

SVK-B#1 bud at the top of the plant (high res).

21july-2019-svk-b#1-top-bud.jpg

SVK-B#1 bud at the top of the plant side view (high res).

21july-2019-svk-b#1-top-bud-side-view.jpg

SVK-B#2 side view of the plant.

21july-2019-svk-b#2-side-view.jpg

SVK-B#2 top view of the plant.

21july-2019-svk-b#2-top-view.jpg

SVK-B#2 buds on a bottom stalk.

21july-2019-svk-b#2-bottom-stalk-buds.jpg

SVK-B#2 buds on the main stalk near the top of the plant.

21july-2019-svk-b#2-buds-near-top-of-plant.jpg

SVK-B#2 bud at the top of the plant (high res).

21july-2019-svk-b#2-top-bud.jpg

SVK-B#2 bud at the top of the plant side view (high res).

21july-2019-svk-b#2-top-bud-side-view.jpg

GHS powder feeding enhancer and water mix.

21july-2019-ghs-powder-feed-bio-enhancer.jpg

After taking the photos I measured both of the plants SVK-B#1 is .5cm taller and SVK-B#2 is also .5cm taller, but the bud is getting fatter so they are both focusing their energy of making buds not growing structure, so they should be nice nugs in another 3 weks time.

Happy growing...  :pleasantry:

• Like 5

Hi @OG.Naj your educating me here big up yuh-self

I had to look up the word "petioles" an I&I gain enlightenment

Yes those stalks on the leaves are pretty chunky, I never noticed that, which clearly demonstrates your great skills and experience as a grower.   :D

• Like 1

Time for a quick mid week progress update on the 2 out door Swet Valley Kush plants.

Monday morning it was very cloudy at 6.30am in the morning and the temperature inside the shed was about 18C so I switched on the fluorescent tubes and left the plants in the shed until the cloud thinned out at about 8am then I moved both plants outside into the yard I left them for about 30 minutes and then checked the temperature and it was about 22C

By lunch time and mid afternoon the maximum temperature was about 34C when I put the plants in the shed for the night at 6.30pm the temperature inside the shed was about 20C.

Yesterday morning at 6.30am it was bright and sunny the temperature inside the shed was about 20C so I moved both plants outside into the yard and checked on them 30 minutes later and the temperature was about 26C and by about 8.30am it was nudging about 30C

By lunch time the temperature in direct sunlight was about 36/8C and mid afternoon it was over 40C at one point, both plants seem to be enjoying the sunshine and the buds are quietly getting fatter.

It was still hot by 6.30pm so I left both of the plants outside it was about 26C inside the shed and the door was wide open, but there was only a tiny breeze, by about 9pm the temperature inside the shed was about 22C so I put the plants in the shed for the night and locked up.

A few  hours later it absolutely pissed down, the sound of the heavy rain woke me up there was also some thunder and lightening too.

So this morning at 6.30am it was very dull and cloudy and the temperature inside the shed was about 20C so I switched on the fluorescent tubes and left the plants in the shed until it cleared up, I was looking like we were in for a shit day, but by about 7.30am it cleared up and the sun came out.

So I moved both of the plants outside into the yard the temperature was about 22C by 8.30am the temperature was about 28C and by mid morning about 34C the maximum today was about 38C mid afternoon then it cooled off to about 28C

The dirt in the root pouches was dry and they felt light today so late afternoon I gave each plant 2 litres of water, when I went out to put them in the shed for the night at 6.30pm the temperature in the shed was qbout 28C so I left them outside until 8pm and then the temperature was about 26C

The forcast for tomorrow is thundery showers and moderate breeze but that is for the evening during the day it is supposed to be sunny and Friday looks similar, but it looks like there may be some rain on Saturday morning and Sunday rain in the morning but sunny again next week.

Both of the plants are definitely enjoying this very warm sunny weather and the buds are already starting to fatten up. so hopefully they will be nice fat nugs in a couple more weeks if the weather holds out.

Next update at the weekend with some images of the buds, I thought the spider had buggered off but it hasn't so I tried to take a photo of it but because of the gentle breeze they were blurred it looked like a blurry blob, I will try again, looks like its set up camp for the duration now.

As long as it doesn't have a shit loads of pickney spiders and infest the plants and it just eats bugs an flies its all good.

Happy growing...:pleasantry:

• Like 2