3rd Mega Contest - Sweet Valley Kush - UK Indoor - Completed

gasmeter

Time for an update on the 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants in the middle of week 9 the last week of flowering.

All the plants are doing great and the bud is fattening nicely.

This afternoon around 4.30pm I took some photos of all of the plants and I noticed the dirt is dry in their root pouches and they all felt nice and light so tomorrow I will give them all 2 litres of water each.

Here are some images of the plants.

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants in grow tent under LED.

11sept-2019-svk-in-grow-tent.jpg

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants in normal light.

11sept-2019-svk-in-normal-light.jpg

SVK-B#1 lower bud.

11sept-2019-svk-b#1-lower-bud.jpg

SVK-B#1 top of main stalk.

11sept-2019-svk-b#1-top-main-stalk.jpg

SVK-B#1 top buds close up.

11sept-2019-svk-b#1-top-buds.jpg

SVK-B#2 lower bud.

11sept-2019-svk-b#2-lower-bud.jpg

SVK-B#2 top of main stalk.

11sept-2019-svk-b#2-top-main-stalk.jpg

SVK-B#2 top buds close up.

11sept-2019-svk-b#2-top-buds.jpg

SVK-M#1 lower bud.

11sept-2019-svk-m#1-lower-bud.jpg

SVK-M#1 top of main stalk.

11sept-2019-svk-m#1-top-main-stalk.jpg

SVK-M#1 top buds close up.

11sept-2019-svk-m#1-top-buds.jpg

SVK-M#2 lower bud.

11sept-2019-svk-m#2-lower-bud.jpg

SVK-M#2 top of main stalk.

11sept-2019-svk-m#2-top-main-stalk.jpg

SVK-M#2 top buds close up.

11sept-2019-svk-m#2-top-buds.jpg

The 4 Sweet Valley Kush seedlings are all doing great at about 6.30pm I checked on them and they had consumed the water and root stimulant solution I gave them earlier they were no longer sat in a little puddle and the plastic saucer/tray was dry.

So I shared about 14ml of water and root stimulant solution between them by squirting it onto the top of the sponge plugs and then I put them back under the flourescent tube for the night.

More updates to follow, happy growing...  :pleasantry::D

• Like 3

Hi @OG.Naj inner luv for the kind words bro

Oh yes she looks so tasty those buds are nice an fat now, only a couple more days to the end of the week and harvest time.

If she was a real gal I would say her legs go all the way down to the ground an she have a body that just wont quit,..

• Like 2

Maybe you have already thought friend @gasmeter and tried on other occasions perhaps without any effect or perhaps it is a usual procedure but do not think it would be better to leave without pezolos the two before weeks until cutting?  Maybe also lower the temperature and put the cabin in the dark a UV light to get more trichomes?  Those photos look great, what a great work of photography and cultivation brother ✌️

regards

Puede que ya lo haya pensado amigo @gasmeter y probado en otras ocasiones quizás sin efecto alguno o quizás ya sea un procedimiento habitual pero no crees que sería mejor dejarle sin peziolos las dos antes semanas hasta cortar? Quizás también bajar la temperatura y poner el habitáculo a oscuras una luz uv para conseguir mayor cantidad de tricomas? Se ven geniales esas fotos, que gran trabajo de fotografía y cultivo hermano ✌️ 

Saludos 

• Like 2

Hola @R.G.S gracias por las amables palabras hermano

Durante las últimas dos semanas, solo le he dado agua a las plantas sin alimento, refuerzo o potenciador para asegurarme de que se consuman todos los nutrientes y, como puede ver, hay muchas hojas amarillas de abanico en todas las plantas.

Solo puedo controlar la temperatura en la tienda y la habitación hasta cierto punto, nunca he pensado en agregar luz UV, he pensado en mantener la tienda oscura durante un día antes de la cosecha, pero probablemente voy a cosecharlas 2 a la vez tiempo durante 2 días y luego puedo obtener las plántulas debajo del LED.

Hi @R.G.S thanks for the kind words bro

Over the past two weeks I have only given the plants water no feed, booster or enhancer to make sure all the nutrients are consumed and as you can see there are plenty of yellow fan leaves on all the plants.

I can only control the temperature in the tent and room to a certain degree, I have never thought about adding UV light, I have though about keeping the tent dark for a day before harvesting, but I am probably going to harvest them 2 at a time over 2 days then I can get the seedlings under the LED.

• Like 2

Yeah @gasmeter, your plants show beautiful color and they show that you make a good leaching, flushing. In this case, all the nutrient she have inside are slowly eated. In this way you will have a good, clean end product! 

Well done :good:

Now the next important stage is harvesting and drying... What is your set up and process for this next stage mate?

• Like 2

If it is true for that reason that I tell you about the yellow leaves, my friend, I think that removing the large peziolos helps the plant to focus on finishing the shoots well but never before almost ending but by hobby we know that it is counterproductive depends on what  moment, the uv light is about to be true I have never tried it but I know a grower who usually does

Greetings bro and happy day

Si cierto es por eso mismo que te lo comento por las hojas amarillas amigo yo pienso que quitarle los peziolos grandes ayuda a que se centre la planta en acabar bien los brotes pero nunca antes de casi finalizar sino por hobby sabemos que es contraproducente depende en que momento, lo de la luz uv está por ver que sea cierto yo nunca lo e probado pero conozco un cultivador que lo suele hacer normalmente

Un saludo bro y feliz dia

• Like 1

One trick at the end of flowering is to cut all the leaves who are more than 50% yellow. Because the plant take a lot of is energy to keep this leaves alive. While he should put his energy in the maturation and in the rippening or the bud and of the trichome. Like that, in the same time,  you optimize the air flow. Always better at the end of flowering ;-)

• Like 2

Yesterday the dirt in the root pouches of SVK-B#1 SVK-B#2 and SVK-M#2 was well dry and the plants all felt nice and light.

So I gave each plant just 2 litres of water each

This morning I noticed the dirt in the root pouch of SVK-M#1 was dry and the plant felt nice and light so I gave her 2 litres of water.

Happy growing...  :pleasantry:

Inner luv for the kind words @OG.Naj that means a lot coming from such a skilled grower.

When I harvest I usually hang the stalks from a loop of twisted string until the buds little stalk makes a snap sound when I bend it, then I cut all the bud off the stalk and put it into a brown paper bag for a week and then into a kilner jar, and I open the kilner jar for about half an hour to an hour each day for a week or 2, but I am also smoking it too, its a race.

I am quietly becoming self sufficient.

• Like 1

@R.G.S lo siento hermano, maldito traductor de Google no le da un significado a la palabra peziolos, sino a la palabra pezolos como pez ja, así que tal vez pensaste que querías regar las plantas

En el pasado, he intentado en ambos sentidos quitar las hojas del abanico y dejarlas, ya que usted dice que puede ser contraproducente y la planta tarda unos días en recuperarse, he leído muchas publicaciones sobre este tema de eliminar las hojas del abanico con personas que juran Ambos métodos son los mejores.

Creo que con esta cepa definitivamente eliminaré las hojas del ventilador en la próxima carrera, aunque voy a superarlas, así que espero que tengan una mejor forma, pero si se ve demasiado denso, vale la pena hacerlo para obtener luz en el los tallos de las plantas y el flujo de aire también.

Mi pensamiento es que las hojas del ventilador son paneles solares vivos, por lo que es mejor dejarlas y con las flores de los árboles que he cultivado en el interior, eso es cierto, pero si las partes amantes de la planta están sombreadas, entonces probablemente sea una buena idea eliminar el El ventilador se va para permitir que la luz penetre.

La luz ultravioleta proporciona algo de reflexión. Tendré que investigar un poco,

@R.G.S sorry bro damn Google translate doesnt give a meaning for the word peziolos but the word pezolos as fish ha ha so I though maybe you meant watering the plants.

In the past I have tried both ways stripping the fan leaves and leaving them, as you say it can be counter productive and the plant takes a few days to recover, I have read lots of posts on this subject of removing fan leaves with people swearing both methods the best.

I think that with this strain I will definitely remove the fan leaves on the next run although I am going to top them so hopefully they will be a better shape, but if it is looking too dense then it is worth doing to get light into the plants stalks and air flow as well.

My thinking is the fan leaves are live solar panels so they are best left and with the auto flowers I have grown indoors that has been true, but if the lover parts of the plant are getting shaded then it is probably a good idea to remove the fan leaves to let light penetrate.

The UV light provides some food for thought I will have to do some research,

• Like 1

Hace 1 hora, el medidor de gas dijo:

@RGS lo siento hermano, maldito traductor de Google no le da un significado a la palabra peziolos, sino a la palabra pezolos como pez ja, así que tal vez pensaste que querías mirar las plantas...... 

Sí y lo siento amigo por no entender bien el inglés y tener que usar traducciones, con peziolos quise decir que exactamente las hojas más grandes que están directamente vinculadas al tronco ...

Tengo una de las lámparas uv, con el White lemon tendremos que probarlo 😉 👍

Si y disculpa amigo por no entender bien inglés y tener que usar traducciones, con peziolos me refería a eso exactamente las hojas más grandes que están directamente enlazadas al tronco ... 

Lo de la lámpara uv tengo una, con las White lemon habrá que probarlo 😉 👍 

• Like 1

@R.G.S no tiene nada de qué disculparse por no hablar inglés, no es un problema, lo resolvimos de todos modos a pesar de Google Tranlate y también fue divertido.

Estaré observando para ver cómo funciona esa luz UV que será interesante.
:good:

@R.G.S you have nothing to apologise for not speaking English is not a problem we worked it out anyway despite Google Tranlate and it was amusing too.

I will be watching to se how that UV light works out that will be interesting. :good:

• Like 1

Time for an update at the end of week 9 of flowering for the 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants.

All the plants are now ready to harvest the dirt in the root pouches is getting dry and they are all starting to feel light.

So tomorrow afternoon I will start to harvest the plants, I was going to take some photos but the battery on my camera ran out of power.

I charged it up but the LED went off so I will take some images of all the plants tomorrow.

The four Sweet Valley Kush seedlings are doing great I put them into plastic pots this afternoon so they are ready to go into the grow tent.

Here are some images I took.

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush seedlings in root plugs in beany plastic pots.

15sept-2019-svk-ready-to-pot.jpg

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush seedling roots (not great quality).

15sept-2019-svk-roots.jpg

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush seedlings in new 4 inch plastic pots.

15sept-2019-svk-potted.jpg

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush seedlings under flourescent tube.

15sept-2019-svk-under-fluro.jpg

After I potted the new Sweet Valley Kush seedlings I mixed 2ml of root stimulant and 1ml of grow feed in 1 litre of water and then I gave each seedling about 40ml of the feed solution which definitely made the soil they are sat in nice and damp I will give them a drink when the dirt is dry.

Once I have harvested the big gals I can then change the timer and put them into the grow tent under the LED.

More updates to follow, happy growing...  :pleasantry:

• Like 2

Time for a quick progress update, yesterday I took a load of images of the 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants.

Then I started to cut and harvest the plants starting with the 2 bio feed plants which are now hung and quietly drying.

This morning I will cut and harvest the 2 mineral feed plants and get them hung to dry the bud on the stalks.

I took some images as I harvested the plants yesterday and I will take more images as I harvest the 2 mineral feed plants this morning.

I will update my journal later today first with some of the last images of the whole plants I took yesterday and an update on the harvest.

Once I have the plants harvested and the grow tent is empty I can put the rop ratchets back in the tent and rehang the LED and position it.

Then I can reset the timer, put the LED on the grow lights and put the new Sweet Valley Kush seedlings in their new home on an 18/6 photoperiod.

Happy growing...  :pleasantry:

• Like 2

inner love for the kind words @R.G.S and @OG.Naj

I have finished harvesting the two Sweet Valley Kush plants that were fed mineral powder feed, all the bud is hung on the stalks dryng.

The trim is on paper in an empty Root It tray drying out sat on top of the grow tent and I have moved the dehumidifyer outside the tent to help dry the bud and reduce smell.

I took plenty of photos as I was working, I take 2 shots each time I take a photo usually one is sharp and one burred or not as good, so I need to go through the images I took yesterday afternoon of all the plants and then the harvest photos and delete all the crap images, then I can update my journal properly tomorrow.

The 4 new Sweet Valley Kush seedlings are now in the grow tent under the LED with just the grow switch on for veg growth, the dirt in their pots was dry this afternoon when I moved them into the tent so I gave each seedling 4 10ml syringes of the weak feed solution and they look OK.

I have rest the timer and added 6 hours so they are now on an 18/6 photoperiod, so tonight when the LED goes off at 12.30am it will be their first night time, which should help to reduce any shock from the sudden increase in light quality after being under the flourescent tube on a 24 photoperiod.

More updates to follow, happy growing, drying, curing an smoking...  :pleasantry::D:drinks::good::smoke::clapping:

• Like 2

On Monday before I harvested the first 2 Sweet Valley Kush I took photos of all of the plants.

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants in a row ready to harvest.

18sept-2019-svk-plants.jpg

SVK-B#1 bud on a lower stalk.

18sept-2019-svk-b#1-lower-bud.jpg

SVK-B#1 bud on main stalk.

18sept-2019-svk-b#1-bud-on-main-stalk.jpg

SVK-B#1 top of the main stalk.

18sept-2019-svk-b#1-top-main-stalk.jpg

SVK-B#1 close up of buds at top of plant.

18sept-2019-svk-b#1-top-buds-close-up.jpg

SVK-B#2 bud on a lower stalk.

18sept-2019-svk-b#2-lower-bud.jpg

SVK-B#2 bud on main stalk.

18sept-2019-svk-b#2-bud-on-main-stalk.jpg

SVK-B#2 top of the main stalk.

18sept-2019-svk-b#2-top-main-stalk.jpg

SVK-B#2 close up of buds at top of plant.

18sept-2019-svk-b#2-top-buds-close-up.jpg

SVK-M#1 bud on a lower stalk.

18sept-2019-svk-m#1-lower-bud.jpg

SVK-M#1 bud on main stalk.

18sept-2019-svk-m#1-bud-on-main-stalk.jpg

SVK-M#1 top of the main stalk.

18sept-2019-svk-m#1-top-main-stalk.jpg

SVK-M#1 close up of buds at top of plant.

18sept-2019-svk-m#1-top-buds-close-up.jpg

SVK-M#2 bud on a lower stalk.

18sept-2019-svk-m#2-lower-bud.jpg

SVK-M#2 bud on main stalk.

18sept-2019-svk-m#2-bud-on-main-stalk.jpg

SVK-M#2 top of the main stalk.

18sept-2019-svk-m#2-top-main-stalk.jpg

SVK-M#2 close up of buds at top of plant.

18sept-2019-svk-m#2-top-buds-close-up.jpg

The next update will be the harvest of SVK-B#1 and SVK-B#2

Happy growing...  :pleasantry::smoke::biggrin:

• Like 4

Here are the images I took on Monday when I harvested SVK-B#1 and SVK-B#2 which had been fed the bio powder nutrients.

SVK-B#1 all the fan leaves stripped off the plant.

18sept-2019-svk-b#1-fan-leaves-stripped.jpg

SVK-B#1 trimming bud on the stalk.

18sept-2019-svk-b#1-trimming-bud-on-stalk.jpg

SVK-B#2 all the fan leaves stripped off the plant.

18sept-2019-svk-b#2-fan-leaves-stripped.jpg

SVK-B#2 trimming bud on the stalk.

18sept-2019-svk-b#2-trimming-bud-on-stalk.jpg

All of the bud on the stalks from SVK-B#1 and SVK-B#2 drying.

18sept-2019-bio-bud-hung-on-stalk.jpg

SVK-B#2 trimmed top buds on stalk drying.

18sept-2019-svk-b#2-trimmed-top-buds.jpg

All of the fan leaves from both SVK-B#1 and SVK-B#2 in a box.

18sept-2019-all-bio-fan-leaves.jpg

All of the trim from both SVK-B#1 and SVK-B#2 in an icecream tub.

18sept-2019-all-bio-trim.jpg

The next update will be the harvest of SVK-M#1 and SVK-M#2

Happy growing...  :pleasantry::D

• Like 2

Here are the images I took on Tuesday when I harvested SVK-M#1 and SVK-M#2 which had been fed the mineral powder nutrients.

SVK-M#1 all the fan leaves stripped off the plant.

18sept-2019-svk-m#1-fan-leaves-stripped.jpg

SVK-M#1 trimming bud on the stalk.

18sept-2019-svk-m#1-trimming-bud-on-stalk.jpg

SVK-M#2 all the fan leaves stripped off the plant.

18sept-2019-svk-m#2-fan-leaves-stripped.jpg

All of the bud on the stalks from SVK-M#1 and SVK-M#2 drying.

18sept-2019-mineral-bud-hung-on-stalk.jpg

SVK-M#1 trimmed top buds on stalk drying.

18sept-2019-svk-m#1-trimmed-top-buds.jpg

This is how I hang the bud on the stalk

18sept-2019-twisted-string-close-up.jpg

All of the fan leaves from SVK-B#1, SVK-B#2, SVK-M#1 and SVK-M#2 in a box.

18sept-2019-all-fan-leaves.jpg

All of the trim from SVK-B#1, SVK-B#2, SVK-M#1 and SVK-M#2 in an icecream tub.

18sept-2019-all-bio-min-trim.jpg

I have sat the dehumidifier outside the grow tent to help dry the bud.

18sept-2019-dehumidifyer.jpg

All 4 of the new Sweet Valley Kush seedlings in the grow tent under the LED.

18sept-2019-svk-seedlings-under-led.jpg

Next update will be when the bud is dry and I cut it off the stalks and weigh it.

Happy growing...  :pleasantry::smoke::biggrin::drinks::good:

• Like 2