Nordic Guerilla Sweet Valley Kush (Mega Contest)

Guovsahas

How's the guerrilla comrade? Generally they form a callus and recover, although sometimes it tells them a lot of time and some plants end up not wanting to fight.

However, you still have two that are seen with strength and desire, guerrilla full! I hope everything goes well in your secret garden ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for not updating but my wife and I just had a son but I happened to have the weather on my side, it never got to hot and there also was some rain. I went out two days after getting home the first time just to check the plants and water if necessary, two days later I went there to do more work clearing the reeds and feeding the plants that needed it.

I had removed the chicken wire of two plants and I hoped that they would be able to stand on their own, I came back two days later and they had fallen to the ground so I got some support for the two but they started growing curved :cheese: however they are doing just fine.

Two other plants are growing really thick and bushy with WIDE fan leaves, also the one that got damaged during transport seems like it's not going to make it but it's still struggling so I'm letting the little girl grow despite.

I also moved two other plants that's on my other journal and the roots have grown through the pots into the soil, I suspect all plants have done that.

IMG_8497.jpg

IMG_8496.jpg

IMG_8495.jpg

IMG_8494.jpg

IMG_8493.jpg

IMG_8507.jpg

IMG_8506.jpg

IMG_8533.jpg

IMG_8532.jpg

IMG_8531.jpg

IMG_8530.jpg

IMG_8529.jpg

IMG_8528.jpg

IMG_8545.jpg

IMG_8544.jpg

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Jx- said:

Nice plants dude !
I tried guerilla one time but I think that's hard with all the different predators.. Good luck !!!

I've grown guerilla most of the times, you learn from mistakes. There are various ways to keep animals like deer away, deer are my biggest concern and have been at all of my grows.

I use chicken wire when the plants are small, I've also been spraying liberally with wolf urine, also spreading a liquid mixture of blood meal and rotten eggs at different places, I haven't seen any deer tracks in the area since however I've seen fox tracks.

Guerilla growing is fun, I enjoy searching for a good spot. This spot I am growing at now I am actually thinking of prepping for next year in fall, I am reconsidering pushing it to the limit by growing +50 plants but directly in the soil. The swamp contains a lot of nutrients, the roots of my plants have already grown through the pots and into the soil

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

A bit slow updates on the competition but things are coming along real great. I will do a bit of comparison to the other plants I'm growing smell, size and so on but if you want to check them out I've posted on the thread many times the link so you can see the other plants.

The Sweet Valley Kush plants compared to the other plants show very distinct indica features, wide fan leaves and a bit shorter than the others however they have caught up to the other plants at the grow, the tallest plant is a Church plant and it's over 2 meters tall however the Church plants are showing sativa features with much thinner leaves.

The Sweet Valley Kush has a lovely smell, very kushy but I'm growing 5 strains so I love going from one plant to the other and comparing the smell.

It hasn't been like the rest of Europe with a heat wave in Sweden and the temperature has started to drop significantly however in the swamp the temperature is much warmer than in the forest surrounding it.

Some of the pictures were taken a couple of days earlier when I was finding a different point of entry to the swamp so I don't always come from the same point of entry however I follow the game trails in the swamp and it's truly like a maze

These pictures were taken a couple of days earlier so they are a bit shorter on this pic

IMG_8756.jpg

IMG_8759.jpg

IMG_8760.jpg

Here are the same plants from this evening and they've grown since I was there

IMG_8816.jpg

IMG_8815.jpg

IMG_8818.jpg

IMG_8817.jpg

IMG_8829.jpg

IMG_8828.jpg

IMG_8833.jpg

IMG_8832.jpg

IMG_8831.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been to the spot because of rain and I've been busy with the baby but I decided to take a look today.
I chose the Sweet Valley Kush because it was supposed to be shorter however two of the plants are probably over 2 meters tall and are as tall as many of the other plants, two of the plants that tipped over are the ones that are shorter, they are now growing straight up compared to two weeks ago.

These plants are great for guerilla but let's hope that autumn this year is forgiving and the cold doesn't come to early.

IMG_8931.jpg

IMG_8930.jpg

IMG_8929.jpg

IMG_8928.jpg

IMG_8932.jpg

IMG_8952.jpg

IMG_8951.jpg

• Like 5

13 hours ago, OG.Naj said:

Your plants looks good but little hungry, maybe you can make a foliar spray or put some little more food.

Have a nice day @Guovsahas

Thanks! I actually gave all plants blood meal and bat guano when I was there because last time I was there the other plants needed more fertilizer so I gave them all a little extra feed.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jose.gh said:

They've given a great stretch, they look very vigorous!! A little nutrients sure to do great for flowering, interesting guerrilla ;)

Yeah they are have stretched a lot and caught up with the other plants at the same spot, the Sweet Valley Kush is taller than the Big Bang plants but not taller than the others. I suspect that the tallest Sweet Valley Kush will be a bit shorter than the tallest The Church plant.

I had given the plants only half of the recommended dosage of Biogrow because the season is shorter in Scandinavia so that's the reason I had to give them a little bit of extra feed.

Of course it's a different guerrilla operation however it's in the middle of a swamp, I can't go into to much details however I know many guerrilla growers in Scandinavia who are growing in a swamp. It's a bitch to get to the spot but it's so worth it, I also want to note that the bioenhancer has got the roots break through the pot and into the swamp soil

The plants are starting to smell, I moved all the chicken wire away and cleaned the whole area before leaving, I also used my parang to clear the area and I also made some basic obstacles because I've noticed a moose has started to use part of my path I walk.

I also think all the animals faeces and decomposing plant matter in the swamp is contributing a lot to the plants health. They are doing amazing and reaching for the skies

IMG_8994.jpg

IMG_8996.jpg

IMG_8995.jpg

IMG_8997.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Exciting times now, the plants are starting to flower and it smells great at the site, I'm growing 5 different varieties so it's not just one smell but many different. There's a issue that I didn't think about and that is that the tall reeds are dying so the reeds that are left are barely 1.5 meters in height so the plants are starting to stick out among the reeds.

I've also noticed a moose moving around my plants and I've found a track but it hasn't touched my plants but to be on the safe side I've ordered pure capsaicin that I'm going to spray on the leaves, I also sprayed heavily with wolf urine in the surrounding area and I'm reconsidering building a "fence" from the dead wood in the area to keep larger animals out.

The great thing though is that my plants have attracted a lot of ladybugs that chill in my plants so they are munching on all the pests like aphids.

I also added two pictures of the site that I took while standing on top of a birch tree that the beavers had taken down so people can see how the site looks like and see the other plants, this thread is dedicated to the Sweet Valley Kushes but people fail to see the other plants that are right beside the Sweet Valley Kushes such as the The Church, Big Bang, Himalaya Gold and Blue Hash. All are Greenhouse Seed Co. seeds except the Blue Hash that's from Dinafem.

IMG_9040.jpg

IMG_9041.jpg

IMG_9044.jpg

IMG_9045.jpg

IMG_9046.jpg

IMG_9047.jpg

IMG_9072.jpg

IMG_9076.jpg

IMG_9079.jpg

IMG_9080.jpg

IMG_9081.jpg

The plants in the front: on the left Blue Hash from Dinafem and on the right Himalaya Gold
The plants further back: in the middle the 5 plants are The Church and on the right Big Bang

IMG_9057.jpg

The plants on the far left side are the Sweet Valley Kush plants and there's two more a bit further in the back in the reeds, you can see the Blue Hash in the picture and The Church plants

IMG_9060.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OG.Naj said:

Hello @Guovsahas, Beauty gorilla grow! A little hungry for me...

When is the end of the season with you, because it is just blooming yet and the weather is changing no?

Have a nice day ;-)

Thanks! It's been a lot of work to get the plants to this spot but I'm very happy with the results, I thought the Sweet Valley Kush would be a lot shorter but they aren't that much shorter than the other plants. The Church plants are still taller than the Sweet Valley Kush plants.

I know they are very hungry, every time I've been there I've given them more bat guano and a little extra blood meal, it's helped a bit. They look a lot better than two weeks ago though however I agree they do need more fertilizer.
I've given all plants the Biobloom by Greenhouse powder feeding not just the Sweet Valley Kush plants and in retrospect I should've given the Sweet Valley Kush plants more of the Biogrow but I was worried that they would be getting too much. Every time you grow you learn from mistakes and improve next year.

The season ends around end of September or early to mid October depending on the weather, it depends on the weather. It's getting colder and a bit more rainier now. I am praying that all the plants get to be out until mid October but it depends on the temperature.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OG.Naj said:

Thanks for your reply @Guovsahas, is like here mid october is the final time, after is difficult to have a good weather... happy grow and good luck !

@OG.Naj The biggest issue is frost that can come anytime around between end of September and mid October, I would like to keep them out until mid October and then harvest them but once the frost comes I'll have to decide what to do

• Like 1

@OG.Naj Yeah it is, it's hard to predict the weather as well. A couple of years ago the frost didn't come until end of November and it was above +14C at night until around beginning of November.

I wish I had a farmhouse on the countryside where I can have privacy so I could have a big greenhouse but I guess I got to do the best I can with what I have and guerrilla growing is also a lot of fun, some years it can be a great harvest while others years not much of a harvest.

• Like 1

I just went out again, I needed to go today because I felt the need to give them more fertilizer and move one of the plants a bit because ants have started to build a hive between the pots because I'm heading out to the countryside with my wife.

Every time I've been there I end up needing bringing more fertilizer. I gave them a mix of blood meal, bone meal, palm ash and bat guano to all plants, I am on the careful side because I don't want to give them way too much fertilizer in one go and give them burns.

The palm ash and bat guano is the only bloom booster I've given all plants even the Sweet Valley Kush plants. I also want to note that the Sweet Valley Kush plants look better than the other plants, I've been fine tuning my soil recipe every year but the Greenhouse Powder feeding bioline makes things a lot easier than making your own soil mix.

I also gave a very liberal spraying of wolf urine literally everywhere, also the wind blew some of it back at me so I had washed myself thoroughly but once you get that on your skin it won't wash off, I had to use rubbing alcohol and acetone but I still smell a little musky. The things we do for our gardens...

IMG_9109.jpg

IMG_9108.jpg

IMG_9111.jpg

IMG_9117.jpg

IMG_9118.jpg

IMG_9113.jpg

• Like 2

What a joy to see that they go splendidly SVK outside in the dam of the beaver friend @Guovsahas 💪😉👍 are already in early flowering?  I do not distinguish it well in the photo ...
 regards

Que alegría ver que van espléndidamente SVK en exterior en la presa del castor amigo @Guovsahas 💪😉👍 se encuentran ya en principios de floración? No lo distingo bien en la foto...

Saludos 

• Like 1