Nordic Guerilla Sweet Valley Kush (Mega Contest)

Guovsahas

10 hours ago, R.G.S said:

Hello friends, excuse my intrusion in the conversation but I think that @g22 is partly right that these plants need more food, but as @Guovsahas says they are planted in pots to be able to take the crop to another place at the time I need it,  Because of that I think that the plants need (more substrate) and that the contribution is external, also as @OG.Naj says some aerial fertilizer so that the absorption is faster and if they already have enough guano to finish I would not contribute more in  the substrate, perhaps if it would be good to give them soil directly so that their roots can cover the ground necessary for loading buds in bloom, but it may not be possible ....
 I hope that everything I comment is logical in translation

Regards

It would be reasonable feeding them if it was warmer but the temperature is quickly dropping, I don't know where the rest of you are growing but I am growing in Scandinavia, it's the end of the season and next week it's going to drop down to +6C at night but that's just for one night and the rest of the week it'll be between +10-13C.

I asked a old school grower who is kind of my mentor who said it's no use giving them more feeding because the temperature is going down with every week that passes, it would just be a waste because they won't be growing as much as they used to, sorry but I listen to his advice more than yours @g22, if I lived further south it I would reconsider but the temperature is dropping and that will slow down growth rates.
I've given them enough for this year, now it's just to let them absorb what I've been giving them, I've given them a feeding a week ago and there is no need for more feeding

The pots I'm using are 20L pots but I bought them assuming it was 30L however when I came to get more pots the owner of the gardening store told me that the pots are 20L, @OG.Naj I used the pots just for that sake to be able to move them. I came to the spot in early spring and I wasn't sure there would be enough sunlight towards the end of the year, that's why I had to move the plants when I was there on Saturday.

I respect and listen to your advice but growing outdoors in Scandinavia is different than down south, this time of year the temperature drops quickly and I'm monitoring temperature on a daily basis, I'm ready to harvest at any given moment when it gets too cold. I think that by mid October the frost will come.

However it's also time to pick mushrooms, it's been a rainy year so I'm hoping to get a lot of mushrooms, how is the mushroom situation at your places?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, OG.Naj said:

I think @Guovsahas use some organic powder nutrients, but in this case and because the time the organic powder nutrient take to release in absorbable form by the microorganisms, I think it is better to use some other nutrients, maybe in foliar spray to speed the absorption ;-) 

I was talking to a older grower and he recommended no more fertilizer, the temperature is too low and this was the last week of "summer warmth" so from now it's just going to get colder.

Foliar feeding would make sense if it was warmer for a couple of more weeks but tomorrow is the first day of autumn where I am at.

This is the end of the outdoor season in Scandinavia, me and others growing outdoors will now just monitor the outdoor temperatures and get ready for harvesting

• Like 3

You are right friend @Guovsahas I also think similar I think that if you contribute fertilizer in the substrate you can cause root stress and that they do not want to process or the water they receive, it is better that you give it exfoliated but with the temperature so low if they recommend that  It is not advisable to try the whole plant, but maybe you can try on a branch maybe only in those notes great improvement and you decide to give the rest
 Greetings

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, R.G.S said:

You are right friend @Guovsahas I also think similar I think that if you contribute fertilizer in the substrate you can cause root stress and that they do not want to process or the water they receive, it is better that you give it exfoliated but with the temperature so low if they recommend that  It is not advisable to try the whole plant, but maybe you can try on a branch maybe only in those notes great improvement and you decide to give the rest
 Greetings

On some of the other plants I'm growing the roots of the plants were growing through the pots into the ground so I think they'll be stressed from the move to the new spot either wat, I gave them the rest of the bioenhancer for the roots to prevent too much stress.

My other plants are growing using my organic soil mix that I've been fine-tuning every season, that soil has everything in it (I missed adding the chicken manure which was obvious during growing outdoors on my Himalaya Gold plant that was very pale.

The only stuff I fertilize the plants with during flowering is palm ash from guanokalong, bat guano and seaweed extract from a local gardenstore that sells 3kg bat guano for 14 euro and 450-480g seaweed extract for 16 euro.

I gave the Sweet Valley Kush plants all of the Greenhouse Powder Feeding products while my other plants have my organic soil mix which is constantly improving and once I gave all plants including the Sweet Valley Kush plants some of the flower feeding last week which is a mix of palm ash, blood meal and bat guano that I mix into the soil then I water the plants.

I could've also given the sweet valley kush plants a lot more of the Biofeed Grow but I didn't want to burn the plants and I miscalculated however those plants are all looking great compared to my other plants, one of the Sweet Valley Kush plants is as tall as one of The Church plants and I was expecting the Sweet Valley Kush to be shorter. The smells of the plants is amazing, very sweet smell from the Sweet Valley Kush

• Like 2

I've been following weather reports, along the the coast of Norway it's snowing and hard winds but the Norwegian mountains will spare the eastern parts of Sweden from snow however the temperature will plummet to 5C at night for a couple of nights but towards next week it'll be warmer again.

I'm growing also a Blue Hash by Dinafem so I'm hoping to see some color changes next time I go to the spot

• Like 1

My plants are loving the new spot, there's a lot of sunshine however the hard wind had knocked over a couple of plants and this is why I went there today because I had a feeling that had happened because it was blowing very hard. One of my Church plants couldn't take the hard wind and snapped the main stem however it's not dead and I gave it some support with branches, I'm going to tape the plant so that I can stand up

IMG_9243.jpg

IMG_9242.jpg

IMG_9244.jpg

IMG_9245.jpg

IMG_9247.jpg

IMG_9246.jpg

IMG_9257.jpg

IMG_9263.jpg

• Like 2

For the next season and with your place and weather maybe you can choice special outdoor variety with short flowering time. Finishing middle of September or max at the end of September. Because under 5°c the metabolism of the plant stop completely, so they stop growing, making buds, etc...

With all the variety now on the market you have big choice you have also good automatic strain now😉

But or your next season, I can also say that you must adjust your nutrient regime specially if you grow in pot outdoor 😉 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OG.Naj said:

For the next season and with your place and weather maybe you can choice special outdoor variety with short flowering time. Finishing middle of September or max at the end of September. Because under 5°c the metabolism of the plant stop completely, so they stop growing, making buds, etc...

With all the variety now on the market you have big choice you have also good automatic strain now😉

But or your next season, I can also say that you must adjust your nutrient regime specially if you grow in pot outdoor 😉 

@OG.Naj Well you can take that up with Greenhouse Seed Co. if that's a issue you are worried about, I informed them when I ordered the seeds that I'm growing in Scandinavia so they recommended Himalaya Gold, The Church and Big Bang which I ordered then I took a free seed I got a couple of years ago which was Blue Hash by Dinafem. I chose the  Greenhouse Seed Co. said these strains would be great BUT this thread is dedicated for the Sweet Valley Kush because I felt it was perfect for guerilla growing.

Let's not forget that all of this is actually about product promotion and R&D, I ended up getting the Sweet Valley Kush seeds because they suit what I am doing and they are flowering. Sure I've grown a variation of strains throughout the years but this competition is about the Sweet Valley Kush and The Doctor.
I haven't lost a single plant for the last 4 years. WHY?! I have enough experience to find spots which are great for guerilla growing outdoors IN A NORDIC CLIMATE.

This thread is dedicated for a competition and I am most likely the northern most grower among all of you, this is why when some give advice it's from the experience of growing in your climate but I ask those who are growing in my climate which is northern and in a Northern climate.

I'm not growing in southern European climate so it feels like there are a lot of people against me due to this, yes it goes down to 5C at night but at daytime it's 20C and I'm confident about my ability.

PS:

The soil mixture is constantly improving and the soil mix I gave to the Sweet Valley Kush plants contains the Greenhouse Powder Feeding Biogrow however I missed chicken manure to my other plants, my soil mix is a work in process with small tweaks every year.

• Like 1

To update everyone, this week the temperature at daytime is at 20C while at night 5C UNTIL friday however from sunday it's going to be 23C at daytime and 15C at night. This is why I moved the plants to get as much sunlight as possible but I am probably the most northern grower in this competition and I am certain that it won't get very cold at day until mid-October

• Like 2

@Guovsahas wow I hope the weather stays on your side and you don't get any of that snow that would be a downer things are going great so far.

I  would say its a fact your the most northern grower in the contest aint no maybe.

I think that @OG.Naj was probably thinking that 5C was the day time temperature, but as you say that is the lowest temperature in the night, which is totally different.

I loved the fact you had to wade chest deep in the swamp to move your girls, thats proper hard core bro, brilliant... :good::biggrin:

• Like 2

💚💚💚🙏🙏🙏Yeah my bro @Guovsahas, dont take my words in a bad way, because my english is very bad. I will just help you for improve your next crop with my knowledge that I have with my own work life. 

Noting negative because we are all here to share and learn.

The 5°c I say is for information nothing personally. I dont formulate well my sentences. I dont learn english at the school... 

And for the nutrient, the plants show you what he needs, so it is just an observation from here, behind my screen...

I love your grow style, your plants, etc 

Sorry if I am poorly expressed. I'm confident about you ability to manage all your elements...

Keep strong for your end of the season and for the fight with your nordic elements bro👍👊🤝💚

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

These pictures are from today 29th September.

The best part of growing in a cold climate? PURPLE HUES!

I want to add that there was no information that the Sweet Valley Kush would turn purple and this should be added to its description. Some of the buds are turning frosty

IMG_9440.jpg

IMG_9439.jpg

IMG_9441.jpg

IMG_9442.jpg

IMG_9445.jpg

IMG_9444.jpg

IMG_9446.jpg

IMG_9447.jpg

IMG_9448.jpg

IMG_9449.jpg

IMG_9453.jpg

IMG_9455.jpg

IMG_9456.jpg

IMG_9457.jpg

IMG_9458.jpg

IMG_9459.jpg

IMG_9461.jpg

IMG_9465.jpg

IMG_9466.jpg

IMG_9467.jpg

IMG_9472.jpg

IMG_9485.jpg

IMG_9484.jpg

IMG_9486.jpg

IMG_9489.jpg

IMG_9490.jpg

IMG_9492.jpg

IMG_9494.jpg

IMG_9496.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I've needed to stay away from this forum because it really upset and genuinely hurt me that people with no experience growing in the Scandinavian climate started attacking me, I always assume people are nice and maybe I'm too naive, if you think you can do a better job growing guerilla style (not in a southern climate) then come up to latitude 59 and prove it however I'm very pleased with the results and I'm going to upload the last pictures. I started out thinking that the community would be nice and understanding that Scandinavia is extremely different to grow in than southern Europe but I was wrong. People telling me that I should've selected different strains should get their head out of their ass and read the competition rules because this thread was dedicated to Sweet Valley Kush growing in a Nordic climate, I selected the Sweet Valley Kush because it was supposed to be great for guerilla growing and it was great but I grew it in the far north which brought out its amazing colors.

In late November the heavy rains came, making it hard to get to the plants, I fell in the swamp a couple of times and I sank up to my arm pits but I had moved my plants so that they were covered by some trees and that helped a lot preventing bud rot and other mold taking hold on the plants.
My wife has been a great support through this, she basically just told me to block out all nay sayers opinions because everyone has opinions despite having no experience, if anyone has a problem just tell them to go fuck themselves and just follow through to the end despite if I win or not which I did. I love my wife for this because there was a time I didn't feel like doing anything, I joined this forum and other growing forums many years ago to meet like-minded people and maybe make friends but when people attack me for choice of strain and whatnot it really drains your energy.

The Church and Sweet Valley Kush did great, the Scandinavian climate is tough for outdoor growers but the quality of the cannabis was great.

I'm definitely going to grow the Sweet Valley Kush again, it was a lovely plant and a great nighttime smoke.

• Like 3

I love outdoor growing and the cold climate brings out amazing colors, also a lot of ladybugs sought shelter among the buds when the cold came.

I know I didn't win but at least I got a decent harvest that'll last me until next year.

I'm going to grow the Sweet Valley Kush again because it was vigorous and a hardy plant

IMG_9613.jpg

IMG_9614.jpg

IMG_9615.jpg

IMG_9616.jpg

IMG_9618.jpg

IMG_9619.jpg

IMG_9622.jpg

• Like 3

@Guovsahas

in such a cold climate that you have to face and cultivating in guerrillas it is very decent the results that you have achieved brother you have to plant at least abroad to understand the fears that one faces enfrenta 🐛 🐿 🌰❄ 🚨  ......... It is difficult to grow abroad and in guerrilla warfare you already showed it, do not be angry about not winning last year I did not get any award with the second mega contest but I did not get depressed and this year I  managed to enter the podium ✌️ don't get depressed brother be strong and see you next time if GH and SH want to give us a new contest next year
 Greetings and encouragement 😉 👍

@Guovsahas en un clima tan frío al que tienes que hacer frente y cultivando en guerrilla es muy decente los resultados que has logrado hermano hay que plantar por lo menos en el exterior para entender a los temores que uno se enfrenta 🐺 🐛 🐿 🌰❄ 🚨......... Es difícil cultivar en el exterior y en guerrilla ya lo demostraste tu, no te enfades por no ganar yo el año pasado no obtuve ningún galardón con el segundo mega concurso pero no me deprimir y este año e logrado entrar en el podio ✌️ no te deprimas hermano se fuerte y nos vemos para la próxima vez si G.H y S.H quieren regalarnos un nuevo concurso el próximo año

Un saludo y ánimo 😉 👍 

• Like 2