Himalayian Gold grow

Guest guest

These plants are 27 days old. The best plant I nipped and still it has reached 30 cms high. They have a mild magnesium deficiency which I fixed and they are now coming good. I started them under a 400wwatt son-t-ago. I panicked because they were streaching, but after sends a desperate email to Green House, I was reassured. These plants are now under a 600 watt halide, and the growth rate is phenomena. Thank you Green House. Some times I can believe my eyes, The 5 seeds all germinated, and of course there are differences between the plants, but even the lest vigorous is still an amazing plant. One is absolutely amazing, 3 amazing, and one not quite as vigerous as the others, or as large. Still, if they are had of been the same as that one, I still would have been happy. The smallest plant is on its 7th internode and is 18cms tall. Here are the pictures:

Attached files P1200104.jpg P1200105.jpg P1200106.jpg P1200107.jpg

Guest superbluehaze

I am may have problems with size indoors; but I did want  a strain that would grow large fast, as the law stinks here, so we can only have a few plants and grow them as large as possible, unless we wish to take the risk of serious prison time. I have been there once before for growing, and I do not want to go back there again.

As a thought, the plants are reasonably consistent, you could try just growing one indoors. I watched the video on YT and GH grew one under a 600 lamp and it look amazing, but it did get tall and they only veg it for 2 weeks. I let you know how it all goes.

good luck with those seeds

I'm in Cali, and though we are limited, there was just a ruling that may take the limits away. I do understand your concept, and that is why I am going for those monsters out side this summer.

I live in the mountains of Southern California, around 5500 ft, so my summer is very short (snow in May, hail the first week of October) so I thought these might fit the bill, though I'd love to grow some cuttings inside as well. I was thinking of doing a tall grow box (armoire with about 60" of grow space) and see if I can control it.

Let us know how it goes!

Those plants are looking sexy man!!! I've been thinking about growing Himalayian Gold myself but I'm not sure if its a good SOG plant?!?

Maybe Franco could offer some his advice on this? I have a 18 pod hydro setup with 2 x 600W HPS, the system takes up an area of 1.5 m2, the grow area is 2 m deep, 2.4 m wide and 2.2 m high so there is room for bushing out a bit and possibly growing up to 1.2 meters before there is any issues.

Would this be enough to grow the Himalayian Gold or would I be pushing it with this setup???

Guest superbluehaze

Thank you for having a look at the plants, and I shall keep posting pictures. This is my first GH grow, and now I would not buy any other companies seeds. I am more than happy with these plants and they seem quite easy to grow.

Guest superbluehaze

This is a question for Franco. My space is a bit larger and I have a height of 3 meters, but not all of that height is grow space. I have to allow for the pots which will be 55 L plus 50cm for the space between the lights and the plants. I have nipped them to get them to spread out and I am training them. I do recommend this strain though. Outdoors it would be absolutely phenomenal. I will keep posting pictures, so we will see how it goes.

You see I have to veg them for 8 weeks, so that I can then take cuttings. I am impatient, instead of flowering them I should really just take cutting from the best and flower them after I have veg them for 2 weeks. It may work in your set up if you only veg for a week or so, but I am that sure. I have 4 weeks to go before I turn down the lights, so we will see how it all goes.

i'm not so bad for the cancer(i fight to 10 years.in italy is impossibol help ganja to the pharmacy,and i autohelp my.if thake here i thake 6-24 years of jail ,end for kill?

but my right are my right

whit a good weede,

no droog for sleep,

ùno droog for pain

relax articolation

help me to go day after day whit love,whit just a little to the life,

help me at no auto stop my hard life.blees my freend of sacred weed.if is possinbile,i help you if have problem.

are teen years if do it,end have a good exsperience.

ams and himalaya,are wery nice after smoking,i no understanding wy not have thake a cup.....

ok my friends,

blees you

walter ita

Guest superbluehaze

Thank you my friend; I brought a new EC meter, and it was faulty. It did take me some time to realize that I was feeding them a solution which was too strong. The EC meter was reading too low. All sorts of things seemed to be happening to them and I was going crazy trying to find the problem. It was not until I thought of the EC meter, and brought a new one, that I finally solved the problem. They are sick but are coming back. I will never again skimp on price for something so essential. Himalayan Gold has never been entered into the Cannabis Cup by Green House, that is why.

all the best my friend, I send you ight, healing and love

It is best to change you PH and EC (PPM,CF) meters once a year, maybe push it to 2 years max if you only use it a few times a week. Some EC meters like the bluelab truncheon can be changed once every 2 - 3 years. Even with regular calibration you will be surprised at the difference sometimes in a new meter and 1 that is a few years old. Its cheaper to buy a new PH and EC meter each year than to loose a crop, or even a single plant so its a no brainer for me!

Peace :)

Guest superbluehaze

The EC meter was new, but it was one made in China, though when I brought it, I did not knw that; on the site, it said it was an Australian brand. Live and learn, as they say; My new EC meter is bluelab truncheon, made in NZ. They are very good EC meters, and now I would not buy any other brand. I have just come back to growing from a long break, so I am bit rusty on some things, was short on money to start this thing, but your comment is dead right, and false economy always ends up costiing far more. Thank you for your comment. It is something to know.

stay safe

• 2 months later...

SUPERBLUEHAZE,

I am growing the same thing (HG) and my plants looked exactly like yours!!! Its good to see others doing the same thing so you can compare.

I am on the 3rd week of flower and they look great. They will not be a very tall plant but are very bushy and I can see new growth every day.

I went with the feminized seed from GHS and they are the only place I will every buy seeds from. I feel as I can trust them and I hope the resuting harvest will prove my point.

Keep up the good work. They look great and healthy!

Keep posting the bloom and buds so I can compare and see how it all goes down!