• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

06-02-11

Exodus Cheese

-Height: ??

-Genetics: Skunk#1

-Effect: ??

-Flowering: ??

It is Sunday and the update time! Simply amazing how much can happen in a week, I spilled the Canna nutrition. I have flush the plants and put them in the bloom! So total time in the the veg was 28 days! And almost all the plants have grown 10cm this week. So now begins the real fun trip through the jungle! All I wish is about 25 grams of each plant! And of course a good repport to Franco! Regarding nutrition, I think Franco has done something really good! The plants look great and they have a really nice color! And about the smell so I think I will have a issue, already it smells a lot! I will start watering in a few days to let them dry good! The humidity is 45-50% and if anyone knows the correct ph balance in the nutrition now in the bloom, I would be happy for the info! Thanks to all who follow me here! Here are the pictures!

The classic group photo!

SAM_0508.JPG

SAM_0509.JPG

Plant #1 have grow this week 4cm and ar now 16cm high!!!

SAM_0510.JPG

Plant #3 have grow this week 5cm and ar now 16cm high!

SAM_0511.JPG

Plant #2 have grow this week 12cm and ar now 22cm high!

SAM_0512.JPG

Plant #4 have grow this week 10cm and ar now 20cm high!

SAM_0513.JPG

Plant #5 have grow this week 9cm and ar now 20cm high!

SAM_0514.JPG

Please scroll back a week so you can see the difference on the plants! Thank you for looking in and commenting on my test!

Peace Jimmy

Those are really nice looking plants Jimmy. It looks like #3 is still a bit behind the rest of them. I was thinking because it's in a smaller pot it may be a bit root bound. If this is the case, I've found that watering from the bottom can help. Just a thought. I'm growing the Dinafem Cheese and my testers were saying it was very good. This was at 5 weeks into flower. Keep up the good work.

Hi jimmy,

Your plants are looking great as usual ;)

I would maybe have wait for them to reach the 20 25cm before passing to 12/12 but as they look tied you did the right thing probably ;)

And Romeu9, i'm sorry but what you've said about the watering kind of makes me disagree... :s

I've Learned that it was better to give the girls a good big watering once a week rather than 250ml 3times a week.

The cannabis is a plant that likes to have a short dry roots moments before rewatering, plus by only adding 250ml each times your water will never flow under the pots, and all your bad salts will stay in your pots, and with time this good be bad... The perfect watering % for me is about 10% of your containers, meaning 1l/plants.

So it's up to you to choose and maybe ask a more knowledged person ^^

This is what i've always done and gave me good results yet ;)

but anyway everyone as it's way to do thing :)

Have a great grow jimmy

Tchouss

One more thing, I have a ec meter and I take readings of almost everything, also, i use micro organisms and a very good enzymes, Hygrozyme! After one month since the last flush, the first water coming out of the pot wen flushing was 0.6 ec., so not so much salts ;) and I have 18L pot and watering is 500ml... So there you go Dust. Just use good enzymes and micro organisms and start to give your plants less water and they will be even better.

You were talking about salt buildup wen talking about the good advice I gave Jimmy, so, what your ec reading tells you?

Since you talked about that you can only tell that for sure if you take ec readings from own experience, if not you should not say what you did whitout self experience.

I have it, do you?

Take care

No problem Dust, you have your knowledge, and I mine.

You have been missing some reading about the love for water and dry periods of the plants on this forum, just go ask the Grow Guru. He will teach you, not me. :)

But from what i remember you didnt took my adivice to give your plants less water (in other grow you had in the past), and a few weeks later you started having some minor overwatering problems by keeping your watering schedule and then John advised you and then you took his advice to water less, but you only did it to control the problem.

Im no grow guru, but I learned good from him for sure. ;)

To make errors is no problem, the problem is to keep on doing them. But then again, we can only learn how not to repeat them if we are willing to learn and not take for granted what we know...

Better less water more times then more water less times, that is for sure.

About the 250ml again, they will do fine with it in the 11L pots, and no need for it 3 times a week indoors, the best way to do it is 2 waterings 250ml then one watering 500ml or maximum until 1L (until you get some runoff the bottom of the pot will be fine)...Then again back to 250ml and so on..

Then again the Grow Guru is the man to answer this properly.

Take care

Hi romeu9 glad to share my opinion with you ^^

I never had a overwatering problem, maybe are you mistaken :) I did have a defficiency at the moment, even i never knew what it really was, had it from the 2weeks to the middle of flowering. And at this moment john told me i should let them dry 8 9 days before rewatering instead of 7.

He also said i could water 3 times in 9days instead of Once every 8days.

But anyway we are both right ;) everyone has it's way to do, To me watering once a week is more a way to be sure the soil drys well and avoid moist or things like that, and there are less risk of overwatering for someone who will not know the behavior of his soil.

But everything you said is right too, as you do it the right way by looking at your plants ;)

Have a great evening man

Tchousss

I did have a defficiency at the moment, even i never knew what it really was

And at this moment john told me i should let them dry 8 9 days before rewatering instead of 7

Overwatering.

If you face that problem, you wont have it again.

Your call to repeat mistakes or not...

Happy growing, Dust

Guest superbluehaze

Hi to dust, romeu, and Jimmy

i am sorry jimmy,

but i would like to take this space here just to clear up this confusion with watering; thank you, jimmy

Romeu and Dust,

look this confusion is my fault and i am sorry;

Dust,

Romeu is taking my advice when he states to water less;

you are both right - TRULY.

watering does differ depending on your envirnment;

Over watering is a problem even for experience growers sometimes - i know as I have got it wrong on many occasions.

I tend to adv ise people here on the forum to water less, as I do see this problem a lot on the forum;

over watering is a common mistake, and , as I have said before, more plants have died from over watering than under watering;

This is because when the plant needs water, it will start to wilt.

Both of your watering practices will work and work well.

I tend to water less but more often;

I grow in 52 liter pots, and when flush I need to put through those pots about 200 liters of water;

the pots are heavy when flushed, and I have to carry them from the laundry back to my grow room.

I was only flushing once a month because of it is a very big job - this was a mistake!

My watering practices, and my reluctance to flush as much as I should, cause salt biuld up my my medium,

which could have been disastrous, if I had not flushed the pots thoroughly as soon as i realized the problem was there.

I am now going to change my watering practices a bit;

instead of watering more often, but giving less water, now I will water less often but give the plant more water

and make sure that there is at least 10 to 20% run off.

I will also flush more too - say at least once a fortnight.

Salt build up does cause deficiencies, but, then, so too does over watering,

and it is easy for one to be mistaken for the other;

if this happens then this confusion can only make a mild problem much worse;

Either watering practice will work;

that is, either practice will work as long as you do not neglect to flush regularly, as i did;

Watering practice does really depend on your environment and other factors,

and there are no hard and fast rules regarding it, except these:

Wheither you water less often and give more or more often and give less nutrient to the plant,

it is very importand to flush(in Hydroponics every 2 weeks) in soil then perhaps

less regularly, but one should still flush to prevent salt build up;

No matter what your practice it is important for the roots to go through a wet and moist cycle,

so that the roots have access to oxygen, which they need to stay healthy and absorb nutrients.

i watch the plants and wait until the lower leaves are just starting to hang;

then I check the weight of the pot, and the level of dryness in the medium;

It is not the plants that have changed but the weather

I have been feeding less but more often, but my watering practice was unsuitable for the extreme heat of summer.

Outside is was over 40c, and when it is hot(at the top of the plants it was 30C) plants take up more water than minerals;

the salts are left behind in the medium;

I should have taken this into account and watered at a lower EC level; or else flushed more regularly than once a month as I was doing

when it is cold, the plants do not need as much water and take up both water and minerals,

so that salt build up is not as much of a problem in cooler temps.

As you can see there are no hard and fast rules here - it just depends.

You are both right, and I am sorry I caused some confusion.

happy growing to you both, my friends,

john

Guest superbluehaze

Hi jimmy,

I am sorry about that Jimmy but it was my fault and I just wanted to clear up any confusion;

Your plants are thriving my friend,

but there may be a slight problem, it is hard to tell from the pictures,

but if the leaves have horns at their end pointing down, then this is a sign of too much nitrogen.

I think also that you have a very mild potassium deficiency;

look at the veins in the leafs, are they less green or a slight redish to purplish color - it will only be suble,

as it is just developing;

Too much nitrogen can interfere with the absorption by the plant of other elements and this can lead to calcium, magnesium and other deficiencies, including potassium.

it is only a small problem that a flush will fix.

Ifl one of the above is correct, then I would flush, and start lowering my Ec a bit,

or give a slightly lower dose of nutrients, until you think the plant needs more food.

looking excellent though.

good one, jimmy

happy growing,

john

Thanks for your precision john ;)

I had it clear in my head, but always like to confirm my thought and you just did :)

The thing was mostly that i never had overwatering problem, that's why I answered back to romeu to fix that ^^

I'm more an underwatering man than an overwatering.

Have a great grow Jimmy sorry for the topics pollution again, thanks john, and Romeu don't take it bad it was just a discussion you seemed a little nervous at the end.. smile ;)

Tchousss

Hello, John, Dust.

No problems of any kind, like John said it depends on environment.

I am in winter here and I have no tent, so my outdoor grow was taken inside the house, still regarding the outdoors conditions like the cold.

I have 18L pot and I was watering 500ml each time around 1.2 to 1.5 ec all feedings, as is Winter here the temps are low and the plants takes it all up, no salt build up for me here like it is for John, its Summer in Australia.

John teached me to water less, more often. And in this time of the year for me it have always worked. First running off water wen flushing for me was 0.6, so no salt "build up" for me at this stage. Lets see what happens wen the temps go higher in a few time from now.

Altough I seemed a bit nervous I wasnt, I just seem hard to understand that people takes things for granted, "fool proof" things is what I mean. Thats why I use several products, diferent brands. Trying to take the best out of each brand, instead of sticking to all products of one brand, and think thats the best. Also to take the same decisions to all plants forgetting the diferent aspects in growing of diferent strains.

I think its easyer and better, and also much more rewarding to try herselves then to read and take it for granted, own experience is the main knowledge, wen we are able to learn from that.

Maybe having a SCROG growing is not a ideal phase to do it, but you should try it. Stick to your watering shcedule with all your plants but then save one of them to lower you amount of water wen feeding and try other things, like giving that plant less water or to use it to try a new product from a diferent brand, that is learning on the move. After that we can talk some more, with you having more based knowledge, Dust.

Take care, Jimmy!

Ok if 12month of watering isn't a based knowledge to you... it works for me ^^ I know it's not that much compare to elder grower, probably even you ;)

Believe me much test and trying behind me. But you shouldn't compare indoor conditions to outdoor.

Let's leave jimmy's post if you want further discussion i'll be glad to chat with you ;)

Have a great day

tchousss

Thanks superbluehaze and Dust and romeu9 for all your info! And Romeu9 dont take all so hard ok My Q was only if someone know the right ph of the bloom time!!! Love you all ok! And thanks for all your input on my test!

Peace Jimmy