somewhere in the universešŸ‘½

g22

1 hour ago, g22 said:

Wat iĀ not anderstand as a human why whee don't live in armony with nature like the animals and need to destroy everithing and have so much different religion and politics, ultra rich peopll and extremĀ poverty to

@g22 great question bro, unfortunately we are spectacularly ignorant and stupid creatures, modern life as we know it today is so far removed from what life really is, humans are so divided and cannot see beyond their own concerns and individual needs, we cannot control our greed we will dress this up in lies in order to excuse our behaviour and always blame someone else.

We are now divided on so many levels it is hard for humans to see past these divisions and unite as a whole not into insular inward looking groups, with religions they all speak of the same deity they just view the same thing from a different angle, the problem is people take things to extremes like these jihadi's who are Muslim's calling people who do not "believe" kaffir and that they should be exterminated.

Then we have religion being used as a control mechanism, this is not so much today because most churches are almost empty because we have lost sight of reality, I went through the Catholic education system here in the UK and even as a pickney I knew it was fuckery there were these pious twats sat at the front during mass always the first to get communion yet they would then sit looking down their nose as everyone else lined up to receive communion, they would not cross the road to piss on you if you were on fire.

I agree there has to be more intelligent life out in the universe simply from the fact us lot exist means the odds are good, equally if you look at many cave paintings around the planet we have been visited many times by beings from foreign planets not lands, how could all these primitive people have depicted the same things in their cave paintings and carvings.

We are definitely not alone that's for sure and any intelligent life form would probably be very wary of us because of how we behave waging wars and polluting the planet.

I used to say "they" until I was about 18 then I realised that they do not exist, they are really us.

Democracy is an illusion you vote for a particular party who say they will do this an that, but if they win they never do the things they say.

Ultimately it is up to us all to change our ways, all this talk of net zero emissions is bullshit if only UK and Europe and I mean by Europe the wealthy nations change our lifestyles, places like the USA, Russia and China will still keep on polluting like there is no tomorrow.

Then we have the poor country's who want to live like people in Europe and America and drive big cars and live in a big house etc, we want fucking advocado pears in winter all this has a cost and an effect, when I was a kid in the 70's we got tomatoes and strawberries when they were in season today we can buy the buggers all year round they fly them in from around the med.

Humanity needs inity we need something to bring us together, maybe a second coming, unfortunately we just do not learn from our past mistakes look at all past great empires they all did themselves in at the end, and so will we, unless we give up our lifestyles and an ever increasing world population that cannot be sustained.

The problem about changing that is thse people who are gaining the most do not want things to change, the 1% who control everything the people who are the hidden cabal who own the world banks, the same people who influence and determine our futures in order to continue enriching themselves.

• Like 2

Its the existential dilemma for your average person, or as I always like to say life just gets in the way.

For example ff you have money you can use it to make more money, the problem is you have to live and that consumes the money you have, you never have enough to save and then invest you have to pay rent or a mortgage, buy food pay bills and clothes, get to work, then the telly blows up or the fridge or washing machine and there is always something.

How steep that hill feels is down to the people who control the world banks, these people shape the industries of tomorrow which means our jobs, and these are quickly being automated lots or traditional manual labouring jobs have gone a machine does it now its cheaper and more efficient it doesn't need pay just a drop of oil once a week.

All the money spent on space research is purely to gain a military advantage by the US government and others look at India they have nuclear capabilities and a space program.

Some of this does filter down into useful civilian applications, but only to monetize their efforts in order to fund more research to maintain a military advantage.

As for saving the planet the problems are how to we feed everybody in a sustainable way and manage the population at sustainable levels and how do we keep the power on so we can keep warm and cook, drive to work, get the train or bus, in a sustainable way that does not pollute, people will still expectations about their levels of lifestyle.

At the end of the day it's down to all of us to make these choices for a better tomorrow instead of this group blaming that group and remaining divided, really what people need to focus their minds is this, it is both humanities and the planets future that is at stake, we need to take only what we need in a sustainable way without damaging the place we live.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gasmeter said:

@g22 great question bro, unfortunately we are spectacularly ignorant and stupid creatures, modern life as we know it today is so far removed from what life really is, humans are so divided and cannot see beyond their own concerns and individual needs, we cannot control our greed we will dress this up in lies in order to excuse our behaviour and always blame someone else.

We are now divided on so many levels it is hard for humans to see past these divisions and unite as a whole not into insular inward looking groups, with religions they all speak of the same deity they just view the same thing from a different angle, the problem is people take things to extremes like these jihadi's who are Muslim's calling people who do not "believe" kaffir and that they should be exterminated.

Then we have religion being used as a control mechanism, this is not so much today because most churches are almost empty because we have lost sight of reality, I went through the Catholic education system here in the UK and even as a pickney I knew it was fuckery there were these pious twats sat at the front during mass always the first to get communion yet they would then sit looking down their nose as everyone else lined up to receive communion, they would not cross the road to piss on you if you were on fire.

I agree there has to be more intelligent life out in the universe simply from the fact us lot exist means the odds are good, equally if you look at many cave paintings around the planet we have been visited many times by beings from foreign planets not lands, how could all these primitive people have depicted the same things in their cave paintings and carvings.

We are definitely not alone that's for sure and any intelligent life form would probably be very wary of us because of how we behave waging wars and polluting the planet.

I used to say "they" until I was about 18 then I realised that they do not exist, they are really us.

Democracy is an illusion you vote for a particular party who say they will do this an that, but if they win they never do the things they say.

Ultimately it is up to us all to change our ways, all this talk of net zero emissions is bullshit if only UK and Europe and I mean by Europe the wealthy nations change our lifestyles, places like the USA, Russia and China will still keep on polluting like there is no tomorrow.

Then we have the poor country's who want to live like people in Europe and America and drive big cars and live in a big house etc, we want fucking advocado pears in winter all this has a cost and an effect, when I was a kid in the 70's we got tomatoes and strawberries when they were in season today we can buy the buggers all year round they fly them in from around the med.

Humanity needs inity we need something to bring us together, maybe a second coming, unfortunately we just do not learn from our past mistakes look at all past great empires they all did themselves in at the end, and so will we, unless we give up our lifestyles and an ever increasing world population that cannot be sustained.

The problem about changing that is thse people who are gaining the most do not want things to change, the 1% who control everything the people who are the hidden cabal who own the world banks, the same people who influence and determine our futures in order to continue enriching themselves.

1% šŸ‘ŠšŸ˜Ž

• Like 1

5 hours ago, g22 said:

Wat iĀ not anderstand as a human why whee don't live in armony with nature like the animals and need to destroy everithing and have so much different religion and politics, ultra rich peopll and extremĀ poverty to

Animals don't live in harmony with each other. Hunters kill what they can, regardless of species,Ā to survive. Locusts,Ā and the like run amok and lay waste to vast swathes. Species come and go, they don't coexist in harmony with each other forever. It's a romantic notion that animals live in harmony with each other and not based on scientific observation imv.

• Like 1

@ShaggyGrower good point, true nature is red in tooth and claw.

They all have places in the food chain and although we might like to think we are at the top, we are definitely on the menu too ain't no maybe.

But nature left alone has natural selection and survival of the fittest to help to maintain the population at sustainable levels, which ain't pretty but it worked since Adam and Eve.

It is man that creates the problems, as the good book says, "for he who hath wisdom shall calculate the number of man..."

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gasmeter said:

@ShaggyGrower good point, true nature is red in tooth and claw.

They all have places in the food chain and although we might like to think we are at the top, we are definitely on the menu too ain't no maybe.

But nature left alone has natural selection and survival of the fittest to help to maintain the population at sustainable levels, which ain't pretty but it worked since Adam and Eve.

It is man that creates the problems, as the good book says, "for he who hath wisdom shall calculate the number of man..."

Ā 

Our ability to invent technology makes us 'the fittest', to the detriment of anything less 'fit'. We naturally select our own species forĀ survivalĀ - them or us.Ā Our ability to procreate many times in our lifetimesĀ has made us like a swarm of locust across the planet, devouring what we want without a thought for too far into the future. Only our humanity makes us feel guilty and sometimes blame ourselves. Only our humanity can get us out of the shit we've put ourselves in. Catch 22

Ā 

• Like 2

Yes unfortunately there always has to be shit loads of weeping an wailing an suffering before we move, I think as we forward and people realise that these crazy wild weather events will be part of the weather in the future and it begins to affect more and more people it will be taken seriously.

This consumer lifestyle was never going to end well, we need to live in a sustainable way, stop with the short term gains, we need to play it long.

A lot of people think this eco thing is all outa road, yet people have been concerned about the environment and the damage being inflicted since the mid 60's and in 1971 Marvin Gaye wrote Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology) from the Whats Going On album with lyrics about poison is the wind that blows and fish full of mercury.

This is a long time ting...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ShaggyGrower said:

Animals don't live in harmony with each other. Hunters kill what they can, regardless of species,Ā to survive. Locusts,Ā and the like run amok and lay waste to vast swathes. Species come and go, they don't coexist in harmony with each other forever. It's a romantic notion that animals live in harmony with each other and not based on scientific observation imv.

I was not talking about eating its a part of nature they eat wat they have to eatĀ Ā my animals Ā no need to drink from plastic bottles or aluminum cans or mobile phones which say 1-2 years and which use all of the resources that are running out very much and that pollutes without talking about Ā the rest that we use in everyday life

• Like 1

@g22 I think I overstand what you mean.

The simple reason is their level of consciousness, sentience and intelligence, they just deal with their own needs like finding food which may involve hunting another creature to kill and eat or foraging, but they do not think forwards to plan for when there may be no food available, which we could describe as ignorance.

This leads us to ask the philosophical question, what is intelligence?

We humans think we are intelligent because we can think ahead and solve problems and create things, there are birds and apes that can create tools and use them to solve problems, their concerns are their immediate problems, they are not concerned with the long term in the way we are, you could say this is ignorance or lack of intelligence.

The thing is we do a lot of stuff that is not really intelligent, yet we consider a man who lives in a mud hut and lives off the land to be primitive and ignorant, while we are consuming resources in a manner that we cannot sustain.

That guy in his mud hut who only takes what he needs because he is intelligent enough to know that using up the available resources will mean he cannot survive, just because he lives in a mud hut in the middle of a jungle does not make him ignorant simply because his lifestyle is primitive.

Intelligence is something that can be difficult to quantify, I have met shit loads of people with book smarts and loads of qualifications, yet they have no common sense or practical skills, they may be able to describe what is required but they cannot implement it because they have no practical skills.

After years of meditating upon this and many other questions, all I can tell you is this, a wise man knows he is ignorant, basically this means you have to know and work within your own limitations and mitigate them as best you can.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, g22 said:

I was not talking about eating its a part of nature they eat wat they have to eatĀ Ā my animals Ā no need to drink from plastic bottles or aluminum cans or mobile phones which say 1-2 years and which use all of the resources that are running out very much and that pollutes without talking about Ā the rest that we use in everyday life

Humans don't need to drink from plastic bottles or aluminium cans. They don't need mobile phones, etc. Many humans simply want those things. Huge difference between "need" and "want", imv. To me, a need toĀ  aid survival. A want is a desire. That's one of the problems with consumer culture - the mixing up of necessities and desires.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, gasmeter said:

@g22 I think I overstand what you mean.

The simple reason is their level of consciousness, sentience and intelligence, they just deal with their own needs like finding food which may involve hunting another creature to kill and eat or foraging, but they do not think forwards to plan for when there may be no food available, which we could describe as ignorance.

This leads us to ask the philosophical question, what is intelligence?

We humans think we are intelligent because we can think ahead and solve problems and create things, there are birds and apes that can create tools and use them to solve problems, their concerns are their immediate problems, they are not concerned with the long term in the way we are, you could say this is ignorance or lack of intelligence.

The thing is we do a lot of stuff that is not really intelligent, yet we consider a man who lives in a mud hut and lives off the land to be primitive and ignorant, while we are consuming resources in a manner that we cannot sustain.

That guy in his mud hut who only takes what he needs because he is intelligent enough to know that using up the available resources will mean he cannot survive, just because he lives in a mud hut in the middle of a jungle does not make him ignorant simply because his lifestyle is primitive.

Intelligence is something that can be difficult to quantify, I have met shit loads of people with book smarts and loads of qualifications, yet they have no common sense or practical skills, they may be able to describe what is required but they cannot implement it because they have no practical skills.

After years of meditating upon this and many other questions, all I can tell you is this, a wise man knows he is ignorant, basically this means you have to know and work within your own limitations and mitigate them as best you can.

I'm pretty sure there are peopleĀ who lived inĀ mud huts who only aspired to fulfil there needs from their surrounding. I'm equally sure there are peopleĀ who lived inĀ mud huts whoĀ aspired to *have* more than there *needs*, they *wanted* more. Humans aspire to *want* more because of their level of 'intelligent' imv. Our planet for a long time could cope with these want-ers, but human population is now so large and those *wants* are so great that the planet is less and less able to cope with supplying fuel to fulfil these wants/desires.

Ā 

I'm pretty sure that, even if every human only fulfilled their *needs* and not *wants*, humanity would still procreate and reach a point where the planet could not cope with even these *needs* due to the size of human population. This is the same for any species.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShaggyGrower said:

Humans don't need to drink from plastic bottles or aluminium cans. They don't need mobile phones, etc. Many humans simply want those things. Huge difference between "need" and "want", imv. To me, a need toĀ  aid survival. A want is a desire. That's one of the problems with consumer culture - the mixing up of necessities and desires.

@ShaggyGrower you nailed it bro

Its about meeting our needs not our wants or desires, people today buy heaps of shit they do not need and in many cases never even use, because they fall for the shit marketers spount and believe they need things they have no need of, consumer culture is unsustainable, this mixing up of necessities and desire is deliberate, these companies are screwing the thing for what they can get out of it while they can. This is the way the wind blows today.

1 hour ago, ShaggyGrower said:

I'm pretty sure there are peopleĀ who lived inĀ mud huts who only aspired to fulfil there needs from their surrounding. I'm equally sure there are peopleĀ who lived inĀ mud huts whoĀ aspired to *have* more than there *needs*, they *wanted* more. Humans aspire to *want* more because of their level of 'intelligent' imv. Our planet for a long time could cope with these want-ers, but human population is now so large and those *wants* are so great that the planet is less and less able to cope with supplying fuel to fulfil these wants/desires.

Ā 

I'm pretty sure that, even if every human only fulfilled their *needs* and not *wants*, humanity would still procreate and reach a point where the planet could not cope with even these *needs* due to the size of human population. This is the same for any species.

Yes the planet was able to cope with our desires for a long time but the demand has now out grow what resources are now available.

Your right no matter whether we are just fulfilling our needs or fulfilling our desires we will inevitably reach a saturation point where things cannot be sustained, and this has been accelerated with advances in medicine allowing us to live longer and increasing population levels.

People often talk about ambition as a good thing, to want or desire better, but often these people who desire more or better will ruthlessly pursue the thing at the cost of those around them so I always view ambition as something to be cautious of.

• Like 2

@gasmeterĀ There's a time and a place for wants.Ā  They're in addition to needs and come after as a nice-to-have-but-not-essential.

Ā 

Take photographers. They need to make a living to survive. They need to beĀ paid, in cash or in kind,Ā for their work to help with their survival. This need is protected by our laws.

Ā 

Photographers need to have their needs met before they go into business/relationship with others. Other photographers or their customers.Ā  They look for those who can fulfil their needs in exchange for their images.

Ā 

Photographers may want to be paid more than their basic needs.Ā  Those wants may or may not happen (they're nice-to-haves), butĀ as long as their basic business needs are met, the relationship can continue.

Ā 

Some don't feel the photographers needs, and take what they want because they want to, not often because they need to. And they don't pay the photographers needs because they feel they don't need to as well as they don't want to.

Ā 

When some of a photographers wants are met, ie, they get more than their needs, the photographer will be made happy by this actioning of their wants. The photographer might then feel they want to help that person/organization even more. Not based on need, but the fulfilment of a new want instilled by the generosity of having a want, met.

Ā 

If people kept this in mind, in all forms of life & business, the world would be aĀ happierĀ and less conflictedĀ place imv, with happier photographers and others about, having their needs met and occasionally, some of their wants as well.

Ā 

Have a fab weekend.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cannabissapean said:

It would reduce their profit.

It would make their life more difficult.

Ā 

Ā 

_Ā  orĀ  _

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

It would cost me more.

Without plastics, my reliable food sources would not be possible.

The question you need to ask yourself do you see value in paying a premium for a resource that is sustainable.

The main problem with plastics is the single use stuff where the plastic cannot be recycled, we need to stop producing these types of plastic, and use plastics made from plant matter that are biodegradable and paper bags.

If the plastic you rely on can be recycled then its not a problem, those types are better than plastics that cannot be recycled, they are the lesser evil as it were.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...