Sweet Valley Kush - 2019 - Completed

gasmeter

Its time for a new grow journal for this run of 4 Sweet Valley Kush.

I will veg the plants for a month at 18/6 and top each plant when they get to the 8th node, then once they are a month old I will flip the timer to 12/12 and get them flowering.

Here is the info about the grow kit and nutrients I will be using.

Tent

Mars Hydro 70cm X 70cm X 160cm

Grow Light

Mars II 400 LED

The grow light is the equivalent to a 250W HPS.

Strain

4 X Sweet Valley Kush (photoperiod) = Green House Seeds

Growing Medium

BioBizz All Mix (second use)

Pots

Root Pouch fibre pots 12 litre

Plant Feed & Additives

I am using the full range of Plant Magic Old Timer organic nutrients and additives.

plant_magic_old_timer_organic_nutrients.gif

Plant Magic Old Timer Organic Granules = veg
http://www.plant-magic.co.uk/products/oldtimer-organic-granules/17/

Plant Magic Old Timer Soil Grow = veg
http://www.plant-magic.co.uk/products/oldtimer-grow/12/

Plant Magic Root Stimulant = veg & early flowering
http://www.plant-magic.co.uk/products/root-stimulant/9/

Plant Magic Old Timer Organic Magnesium = veg & flowering
http://www.plant-magic.co.uk/products/oldtimer-magnesium/33/

Plant Magic Old Timer Soil Bloom = flowering
http://www.plant-magic.co.uk/products/oldtimer-bloom/13/

Plant Magic Old Timer Organic PK 4-8 = flowering
http://www.plant-magic.co.uk/products/oldtimer-organic-pk-4-8/35/

Here is a link to the UK Organic feeding schedule.
http://www.plant-magic.co.uk/userfiles/downloads/56/UK Organic Feed Chart.pdf

More updates to follow...

• Like 2

Wednesday 04 September 2019

The 4 Sweet Valley Kush beans for my next run that I put into water to soak have sunk to the bottom of the container.

So I got some kitchen towel in a little dish and made it damp suirting water on it wwith a syringe then I placed the beans on the kitchen towel and folded it over to cover the beans and then I put the dish and the beans into a drawer so they are in a warm dark space.

Beans sunk to bottom of plastic container.

04september-2019-svk-sunk.jpg

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush beans on damp kitchen towel up close an personal.

04september-2019-svk-paper-towel.jpg

Happy growing...

• Like 2

Friday 06 September 2019

All 4 of the Sweet Valley Kush beans for my next run have popped.

Three had cracked their shells last night and this morning the fourth bean had finally cracked its shell casing.

06sept-2019-svk-beans-popped.jpg

Two of the beans have longer tap roots so far I will let them get a little bit longer before I pop them into Root It plugs.

Happy growing...

• Like 2

Saturday 07 September 2019

This morning when I checked on the new Sweet Valley Kush beans their tap roots had grown nicely and the one that popped last was poking out of the shell casing a few millimetres so I added a few drops of water to the kitchen roll to keep it nice and damp then put them back in the drawer.

I then put the newly germinated beans into Root It sponge plugs and took some photos.

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush beans and tap roots up close normal light.

07sept-2019-svk-beans-close-up-nlight.jpg

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush beans and tap roots up close with flash.

07sept-2019-svk-beans-close-up-flash.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush germinated bean being placed in Root It sponge plug.

07sept-2019-svk-bean-in-root-it_plug.jpg

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush beans in Root It sponge plugs in their little plastic pots.

07sept-2019-svk-beans-in-plugs.jpg

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush beans in Root It plugs close up to the flourescent tube.

07sept-2019-svk-beans-under-flouro.jpg

I am sure the last one to pop its shell case will soon catch up with the other 3 seedlings.

Happy growing...

• Like 2

Monday 09 September 2019

This morning when I got up at 6.30am and checked the new Sweet Valley Kush beans under the flourescent tube in the cupboard 2 are now earth strong.

The other two are still below the surface of the root plug, I opened the root plugs and I can see they are OK and have not died, hopefully they will come earth strong by tomorrow some time.

Here are some images I took.

All the Sweet Valley Kush in root plugs viewed from above, note how you can see the beans yet to surface still within the root plugs.

09sept-2019-svk-beans-root-plugs.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush still wearing its helmet

09sept-2019-svk-bean-one-earth-strong.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush without its seed shell helmet.

09sept-2019-svk-bean-two-earth-strong.jpg

At the moment I am keeping the seedlings under a flourescent tube on a 24 hour photoperiod I will keep them like this for the rest of the week until then they can go into the tent and I will reset the timer for the LED to an 18/6 photoperiod.

More updates to follow soon, happy growing...

• Like 2

Tuesday 10 September 2019

Last night when I checked the seedlings I could see that the two that were still inside the root plugs had moved upwards and were close to the opening at the surface of the root plug.

This morning when I checked them at 6.30am they had both come earth strong and they had grown above the root plugs and each was a few millimetres tall above the surface of the root plugs, one had left its helemt in the plug and the other seedlings helmet had fallen off by lunch time.

Sweet Valley Kush seedlings top view.

10sept-2019-svk-seedlings-top-view.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush seedlings side view.

10sept-2019-svk-seedlings-side-view.jpg

More updates to follow, happy growing...

• Like 2

Wednesday 11 September 2019

The 4 Sweet Valley Kush seedlings are all doing great at about 6.30pm I checked on them and they had consumed the water and root stimulant solution I gave them earlier they were no longer sat in a little puddle and the plastic saucer/tray was dry.

So I shared about 14ml of water and root stimulant solution between them by squirting it onto the top of the sponge plugs and then I put them back under the flourescent tube for the night.

• Like 2

Sunday 15 September 2019

The four Sweet Valley Kush seedlings are doing great I put them into plastic pots this afternoon so they are ready to go into the grow tent.

Here are some images I took.

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush seedlings in root plugs in beany plastic pots.

15sept-2019-svk-ready-to-pot.jpg

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush seedling roots (not great quality).

15sept-2019-svk-roots.jpg

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush seedlings in new 4 inch plastic pots.

15sept-2019-svk-potted.jpg

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush seedlings under flourescent tube.

15sept-2019-svk-under-fluro.jpg

After I potted the new Sweet Valley Kush seedlings I mixed 2ml of root stimulant and 1ml of grow feed in 1 litre of water and then I gave each seedling about 40ml of the feed solution which definitely made the soil they are sat in nice and damp I will give them a drink when the dirt is dry.

• Like 2

Time for a quick update on the new run of Sweet Valley Kush plants.

I am now feeding and watering them every 2 days with a solution of 2ml of Plant Magic Root Stimulant and 2ml of the Bio Grow feed.

Here are a couple of images I took yesterday afternoon.

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants in normal light.

26sept-2019-svk-seedlings-normal-light.jpg

Side view of a seedling showing new growth on each of the nodes.

26sept-2019-svk-seedling-nodes.jpg

I am pleased with their progress so far they seem to be enjoying the mild feed solution.

Happy growing...  :pleasantry:

• Like 2

Time for a progress update on the 4 Sweet Valley Kush seedlings.

All of the seedlings are growing nicely last night the dirt in their pots was dry.

So I mixed 2ml or root stimulant and 2ml of organic grow feed with 1ltr of water.

Then I filled a little metal cup and gave each seedling a drink and then I refilled the cup and gave them another drink to make sure that the dirt in each of their pots got nice and wet.

Here are some images I took before I watered the seedlings.

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush seedlings.

29sept-2019-svk-top-view.jpg

Seedling top growth.

29sept-2019-svk-top-top-of-plant.jpg

Seedling side view of nodes on main stalk.

29sept-2019-svk-side-view-of-nodes.jpg

They are at about the fifth or sixth node now, so I will need to top them soon I am thnking I will top them when they get to the 8th node.

• Like 3

Time for a quick mid week update on the 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants.

Yesterday the dirt in all the pots was nice and dry and they felt nice and light so I mixed up 3ml of root stimulant and 2ml of grow feed in 1 litre of water and then I shared about 3 quarters of the solution with the 4 plants until there was a little bit of run off coming out of the bottom of the little plastic pots.

All 4 plants are growing nicely each morning when I check on them when I get up they are visibly bigger with new growth on the existing nodes forming new stalks and new nodes at the top of the main stalks forming.

They seem to be enjoying the feed solution all the plants are a nice green colour, the cotyledon leaves have gone yellow on all of the plants now and the little stalks have thickened up now.

Here are some image of the plants I took earlier.

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants in grow tent under LED.

02oct-2019-svk-in-grow-tent.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush plant top view.

02oct-2019-svk-plant-top-view.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush plant top.

02oct-2019-svk-plant-top.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush plant main stalk side view.

02oct-2019-svk-plant-side-view.jpg

More updates to follow, happy growing...  :pleasantry:

• Like 3

Thanks bro, yes I am going to top them, this will be the first time I have never used the technique in the past I have just FIM'd

On the last image you can see the plant is at the 6th node now and building the 7th node from what I have read it is recommended to top at the 6th node.

I am thinking I will top them at the 8th node so each plant will have 16 stalks and they won't get too tall when they stretch when I flip the timer.

Once they recover from being topped I will transplant them and them give them time to settle before I flip the photoperiod to 12/12.

On the 7th they will be 1 month old.

Do you guys count the first node where the first true leaves appear or do you count from the next node up?

I suppose it won't matter once they are topped and they start to redistribute the growth hormone and share the love all the stalks get what they need even the bottom stalks, I just need to do a little lst and strip fan leaves to make sure of good light penetration.

• Like 3

@personally that's depend of the structure of the plant. I never count the first node because if the plant come from seeds I use this node to take 2 cut for preserving and if the plant come from cutting I simply cut the first stage or node to optimize the air flow. 

Sometimes just after 2 nodes (or 3 if you count the first one)

Sometimes after 4 nodes (or 5 if you cont the first one)

In your case if you dont take clone and because the high of your plants, I think that you can cut the first node and keep 4 stages after that 👌

You can go look my publication of the 28 april in my mega contest grow journal I explain my topping tech with the SVK

• Like 3

Inner luv for the responses @g22 and @OG.Naj

Yes I won't be taking cuttings for clones so I can leave the first node alone, at the moment they are at the 7th node.

The dirt in their pots is dry and they all feel light so I will water and feed them and then top them all.

I will let them recover then transplant them into the 12ltr root pouches. :D

• Like 3

After the feed back about topping the 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants I made a feed solution of 1g of the Plant Magic Old Timer Organic Magnesium and 3ml of Plant Magic Root Stimulant and 2ml of Plant Magic Old Timer Soil Grow in 1 litre of water.

I then put the feed solution in a plastic 2 litre pop (lemonade) bottle and gave it a good shake to make sure the magnesium crystals are dissolved properly in the feed solution.

Then I shared the feed solution between all 4 plants and there was a little bit of run off from each pot.

I then got my clippers for trimming bud and topped each young plant at the 6th node.

Here are a couple of images.

Topped Sweet Valley Kush plant site where plant topped.

03oct-2019-svk-topping-site-close-up.jpg

Trim from topped Sweet Valley Kush plants and clippers.

03oct-2019-svk-trim-clippers.jpg

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants in grow tent after feeding and topping.

03oct-2019-svk-topped-in-grow-tent.jpg

Now I just need to give them time to recover and I can transplant them into the 12 litre root pouches they will finish in.

Happy growing... :pleasantry:

• Like 1

When I checked the 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants yesterday morning at 6.30am when I woke up they all looked great and I could see some new growth at the top of the plants at the site where they were topped.

This morning when I rotated the little pots in the tent so that one plant does not have the fan blowing on it all the time, I noticed that all of the little pot felt nice and light and the plants all looked happy.

So this afternoon I transplanted all 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants into their 12 litre root pouches which they will finish in.

Here are some images of the process.

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants in the grow tent under LED.

05oct-2019-svk-in-grow-tent.jpg

A bucket full of Sweet Valley Kush plants ready to go out to the shed to be transplanted into 12ltr root pouches.

05oct-2019-svk-in-bucket.jpg

Plant Magic Old Timer Organic Granules to promote healthy root growth.

05oct-2019-old-timer-organic-granules.jpg

1 tablespoon of Organic Granules per 10 litres of substrate.

05oct-2019-tablespoon-organic-granules.jpg

Organic Granules in hole in dirt ready for plant.

05oct-2019-orgainic-granules-in-dirt.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush plant roots.

05oct-2019-svk-one-roots.jpg

Sweet Valley Kush plant transplanted into 12 litre root pouch.

05oct-2019-svk-one-in-root-pouch.jpg

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants in their 12 litre root pouches ready to be watered and fed.

05oct-2019-svk-in-root-pouches.jpg

All 4 Sweet Valley Kush plants fed and watered back in the grow tent under the LED.

05oct-2019-svk-fed-watered-grow-tent.jpg

After transplanting the Sweet Valley Kush plants I brought them inside.

I mixed a feed solution of 1g of the Plant Magic Old Timer Organic Magnesium and 3ml of Plant Magic Root Stimulant and 2ml of Plant Magic Old Timer Soil Grow in 1 litre of water.

I mixed a feed solution of 1g of the Plant Magic Old Timer Organic Magnesium and 3ml of Plant Magic Root Stimulant and 2ml of Plant Magic Old Timer Soil Grow in 1 litre of water.

I put the solution into a 2ltr pop bottle and gave it a good shake to ensure all of the magnesium crystals dissolved then I gave each plant 250ml of the feed solution and then I put then all back into the grow tent under the LED.

I then adjusted the height of the LED so it is 18 inches above the tops of the plants so the light is spread wider.

They all looked nice and happy back under the LED in the root pouches I will keep them in veg for another week to let them settle in.

• Like 2