reversing the sex of super lemon haze

if i was you i would buy a

Hanna TDS1 TDS Meter/Tester PPM/Water/Filter/DI/RO
Please wait
Image not available
s.gif

Hanna TDS1 TDS Meter/Tester PPM/Water/Filter/DI/RO

and test the the cs b4 u mix it . the bottle i had said 40ppm on the bottle and when i tested it with the meter it was only 15ppm .cs strenght gets lower the longer its left . realy its best to make your own n test it . b4 you use it .

I found one, they are not that expensive either... I have also read that CS should be kept in the dark because light will cause it to degrade and lower the ppm...when the bottle arrived it was wrapped in paper and I am keeping it inside a drawer that I never open. But I'm going to check it before I use it to make sure it still has a high enough concentration of silver. It would b a shame to use a CS product and have it be too low in ppm making all the effort a complete waste. I will be more inclined to try and make my own CS once I have that gadget too.

excellent tip bro, most appreciated.

• 1 month later...

hey Cann, I came across your post and had to reply because we are i similar situations. I planted my GHS superlem haze on 1.1.2011 (I think0 and have benn on 12/12 since 15. Jan 2011. I grow in plagron grow mix or biobizz lightmix + wormcastings and use with organic ferts. I've got 3 plants, 1 is a beautiful lemonskunk pheno only maybe 70cm tall with a indica growth pattern but sativa leaves and excellent bud/leaf ratio but the best is her smell, a bit like rotten lemons, the 2nd is a beautiful haze pheno which is now at about day 55 of 12/12 and still has at least 2-3 weeks left to go, cca 90cm tall (tied down a bit) her buds are not as hard and her smell more hazy but still a very good yield. The 3rd is a skinny runt with poor yield but very funky smelling buds.

I'm chopping the lem.skunk pheno down in 4 days and can't wait, she is probably the most beautiful plant I have ever grown. I'm revegging and making clones just in time for the outdoor season!!

Good luck with your grow.

Peace

SLH

• 2 months later...

when I tested the bio silver with the EC meter it read 100-103 ppm. I added water to get it down to 70 ppm for the purpose of spraying it on the SLH. I used a cutting that was aout 20 inches tall. I used my haze phenotype for this experiment but it never reversed sex or showed any signs of male flowers, but it did look stressed, the leaves twisted and the new growth was also twisted. Maybe thats a good thing, my new plan is to use the haze phenotype in a breeding project using male pollen from a Jack The Ripper (TGA Subcool) plant that I have

these are the strains i am working with right now : Jack The Ripper (TGA) Plushberry (TGA) Herijuana (Sannie) G-Bomb (Big Buddha)

Lemon Skunk (Green House) Super Lemon Haze (Green House)

and 2 of my hybrids : Blue Cheese (female) x Jillybean (male) & LSD (female) x Deep Chunk (male)

and a bagseed strain that were calling catpiss and is looking like a kush strain so far

004_3.JPG