work opening

maszek18

hi people.i know that heap of strain hunters are living out of amsterdam.i decided to open this topic becouse i would like to know how difficult is find a job in amsterdam.i think that lot of people are looking for a job and this topic can be a helpfull thig.and so sorry for my english regular_smile.gif

Guest superbluehaze

I guess it depends on what sort of work you want.

In general, work seems to be available.

I am from Australia, but my girlfriend lives in holland and is Dutch;

i am moving over there soon.

good luck,

john

Me and my wife is gonna move to Dam soon to :) . We have ask´t around how it is to find work and apartment. First is it a very expensive city to live in, to find a work is not so hard like superbluehaze say it depends what you want to work whit. You need to know 2-3 language fluently! Apartments cost to rent in central Dam 1000euro in the hood around 500-700euro. This is what I know, and I hope it help you.

Jimmy

• Like 1

yes the biggest problem is with acomodation.because when i have an acomodation i can looking for a job but without flat will sleep on the street and that is not realy nice.of coure my dream is find a job in green hous or in coffee shop ,i dont think in GHSC because that just a dream but for me would be enough some small shop,im learning lot of about weed plants but in my country it is illegal so it is a bit harder to learn.that is the reason why i wana leave my country

thx for your info

• 3 weeks later...

I aim to move to Dam, but i think the main problem for me is my lack of of other languages. Benn able to only speak english is gonna hold me back. I have the money to be able to get me set up & live for a couple of months but i would be in trouble if i couldnt find a job.

Going to be out in Amsterdam on feb 21st for 4 days & i have a few contacts out thers so i can only cross my fingers. Even if i was trimming bud for 12 hours a day i would be happy, aslong i could pay for my weed, food & place to live! (& a small grow obviously)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In two months i moved to Amsterdam to work, if someone could help me find apartament, would be very grateful!

boooom bhole nath!

Try local newspapers if you can, as the rental agents are a little expensive, normally charge 4-6 wks rent. Also expat sites like expatica might be useful. Funda is quite a good site they also have an app.

thanks for all!!

I will try to look for work in the Cannabis industry.... seeds banks , coffeeshop , growshop.....will try to get working my hobby and passion... but in principle while I learn Duch ,which is... cleaning , barman, hotel....

If anyone knows any work tell me...... :mole::spiteful: jejeje

My idea is to stay at least 6 months, but it wouldn`t let me stay to live.,........

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for all!!

I already have a house for the first month. When in Amsterdam look the perfect house . Thanks for the links!!

Now prepare curriculum and to pursue my dream!!

good smoke 4all

I remember it was a nightmare to find a flat in A'Dam, even for locals. You had to sign in a list and then wait 2 to 8 years to ind a reasonable priced flat in the city. I know they have built tons of new appartement houses all over the town, so today might be more easy but cheap ? Still, that is the smaller problem. To get a job anywhere in the cannabis industry you need to speak dutch, at least fluid enough to follow a conversation and understand what is asked of you., not perfectly if you are good at english. Plus there is a close knit circle of people, jobs are not offered - if you are dedicated, friendly and really good at growing or have a real deep knowledge of cannabis, travelled a lot etc. you might get a chance. In summer you might even get a job as a bar tender if you speak english only if the people at the coffeshop really like you. But that is a rare occasion, if you do an outstanding job you may even make it to a steady contract if you learn dutch quick enough or have charisma.

Same goes for any other job, that has direct contact to customers.- you are useless if you cannot communicate .

Working in a factory , construction works etc. are offered all the time as mentioned econmy is booming, so wages are decent, too.

In general all you need is working permission, no prob if you is from the EU. if not you will only find bad jobs with low wages.

Amsterdam can be hell if you are broke., so be careful not to break bridges before moving there !

Always have a Plan B.

• 1 year later...
Friends, to work in Holanada should know fluent English language, minimum. It is a country with average levelof life - high, the rent is not cheap. It's better to just go on vacation and evaluate job offers, if lucky, find your dream, to find a job of your choice, then start moving, never before. 

Europe in general is experiencing bad crisis for the job, you know, thousands of Spanish as I have emigrated to other European countries looking for, also Italians, Greeks also work, and many people from Eastern countries. 

Do not think that it is easy to fulfill the dream of travel and find work faster, please go carefully and not risk everything.

Green House, when you need to expand the team offers job vacancies through facebook and forums, or if you prefer you can send your cv by email.

Regards :)

• 5 months later...

The problem is always the same : renting to work, working to rent. In many case, working could not be difficult, in Amsterdam or any other big cities.More there is shops and restaurants, more offers there is.The usual target looking for a job are the bars, pubs, coffees, restaurants, youth hostels or hotels, campings (where maybe you can sleep as well), something close to the tourism, because speaking other langages more than just dutch, could be a nice bonus(but dutch are also very good to speak english, german, french, italian or others). In the tourism, there is a lot of work you can do without speaking dutch.Concerning the rent, there is many options, renting just a room, or a flat, or a house, but more outside of Amsterdam or other cities you go, and more it's cheap! Holland is a small country, and taking 30/45mins in train is not so much to go to work, if you live in a village or a small town. This is my point of view. Good luck !! Ps: Could be nice also to know, how does a coffee shop to hire his staff?!

• 1 month later...