Big Crops in Thailand

Sensation

Hey guys,

we are planning a big operation in Thailand to grow CBD-Cannabis. If you have any infos regarding Strains, how to cultivate more than 1 per year, how to cultivate the best? I would be really happy. I have experience in growing in Europe but Thailand ist totally new to me.

Cheers

Sens

• Like 2

Hello @Sensation I do not understand your question well maybe you mean that if there is a strain that lasts more than a year?  Of course there are mothers that last for many years, of course, keeping the daylight hours always growing.
 Perhaps your question is rather if it can be harvested two or more times a year?  In Spain abroad the area depends, it is possible to harvest twice a year once in April May and once in September October, planting the first batch on this date

In Thailand, you should ask the growers in that area

I hope I have solved any of your doubts but you comment and we speak it

My regards, brother

Hola @Sensation no entiendo bien tu pregunta quizás quieres decir que si existe alguna cepa que dure más de un año? Si claro que existen madres que duran muchos años por supuesto manteniendo las horas de luz siempre en crecimiento.

Quizás tu pregunta es más bien si se puede cosechar dos o más veces al año? En España en exterior depende la zona es posible cosechar dos veces al año una vez en abril mayo y otra en septiembre octubre, plantando la primera tanda sobre esta fecha

En Tailandia nose, deberás preguntar a los cultivadores de esa zona 

Espero haber solucionado alguna de tus dudas sino comentas y lo hablamos

Saludos hermano 

• Like 3

first of all you have to study the climate the duration of the days and find the genetic and cultivation technics that fits best  and the law  has just been changed and  allows 6 plants per person to be sold to the government 

• Like 1

Hello @Sensation,

I would be you, I would visit legal CBD farm to see how it works, to have professional opinions and to put your question to people in the industry.

After when you have your place in Thailand you need to analyse your soil by a Agro-laboratory to know what is good or what is bad. An,d maybe make correction with some amendements  (PH correction and NPK). It is very important to begining with good base!

You need to see local farmer to know what the approch in this area.

And like g22  say, you need to choice good genetic for your place ;-)

Hope that can help you...

• Like 2

Hey guys,

thank you for your input. Currently the law allows to grow outdoor cannabis with up to 1% THC. I created a Database with most of the seeds i found available with high CBD and <1% THC content, i also got a contact from colorado which is breeding especially CBD strains.  However, I still dont know what the best category would be to define which strain would be better for this certain climate. If you have any advise just tell me. They mostly grow sativas there.

Regarding the unprecise definiton about 1 year, yes @R.G.S i meant how am i able to make more crops per year. Based on people from Thailand i mostly got the info that they grow onece per year. After checking the their strain THAI STICK I figured out that these strain is flowering 14 to 20 weeks. We will start with the first batch in April with choosen CBD Strains. Most probably the area where we will start will be 2.4 hectar and im planning to plant 10-20 different genetics. In total there will be around 10,000 plants. 

@g22 They are in talks but it is not totally fixed that 6 plants are free. I would like that it goes through.

@OG.Naj We are currently exactly doing this. Checking what is the best place at the area what we have available. The thing is that somewhere close to the place is a drain water lake. Hopefully this will not affect our area based on micro and macro nutrients in the soil.

Will keep you guys updated!

• Like 3

On 11/28/2019 at 0:35 PM, R.G.S said:

Hello @Sensation I do not understand your question well maybe you mean that if there is a strain that lasts more than a year?  Of course there are mothers that last for many years, of course, keeping the daylight hours always growing.
 Perhaps your question is rather if it can be harvested two or more times a year?  In Spain abroad the area depends, it is possible to harvest twice a year once in April May and once in September October, planting the first batch on this date

In Thailand, you should ask the growers in that area

I hope I have solved any of your doubts but you comment and we speak it

My regards, brother

Hola @Sensation no entiendo bien tu pregunta quizás quieres decir que si existe alguna cepa que dure más de un año? Si claro que existen madres que duran muchos años por supuesto manteniendo las horas de luz siempre en crecimiento.

Quizás tu pregunta es más bien si se puede cosechar dos o más veces al año? En España en exterior depende la zona es posible cosechar dos veces al año una vez en abril mayo y otra en septiembre octubre, plantando la primera tanda sobre esta fecha

En Tailandia nose, deberás preguntar a los cultivadores de esa zona 

Espero haber solucionado alguna de tus dudas sino comentas y lo hablamos

Saludos hermano 

On 11/28/2019 at 5:36 PM, g22 said:

first of all you have to study the climate the duration of the days and find the genetic and cultivation technics that fits best  and the law  has just been changed and  allows 6 plants per person to be sold to the government 

On 11/29/2019 at 9:59 AM, OG.Naj said:

Hello @Sensation,

I would be you, I would visit legal CBD farm to see how it works, to have professional opinions and to put your question to people in the industry.

After when you have your place in Thailand you need to analyse your soil by a Agro-laboratory to know what is good or what is bad. An,d maybe make correction with some amendements  (PH correction and NPK). It is very important to begining with good base!

You need to see local farmer to know what the approch in this area.

And like g22  say, you need to choice good genetic for your place ;-)

Hope that can help you...

Now I know that you want to raise 😉 👍 @Sensation but with varieties of cbd with such a small content of thc are not my favorites, I understand that to be legal you have to fix it like that, as a primary advice is if you can measure the water and check how it is  of econductivity and PH another factor to take into account is to see where the sun rises and sets and look for the best place that has more use of hours a day, on the other hand you can also do a preparation of the chosen soil before planting providing nutrients  and floor repairers neem cake diatomaceous earth ....

You already tell us as follows my friend friend regards

Ahora se que queréis plantear 😉 👍   @Sensation pero con variedades de cbd con un contenido tan pequeño de thc no son mis preferidas, entiendo que para ser legal tienes que arreglarlo asi, como consejo primordial es si puedes medir el agua y comprobar cómo se encuentra de econductividad y P.H otro factor a tener en cuenta es ver por dónde sale y se pone el sol y buscar el mejor sitio que tenga más aprovechamiento de horas al día, por otro lado también puedes hacer una preparación del terreno escojido antes de plantar aportando nutrientes y reparadores de suelo torta de neem tierra de diatomeas.... 

Ya nos cuentas como sigue ánimo amigo saludos 

@R.G.S why arent you a friend of low THC? Do you think there are more canabinoids in high THC content flowers? We are also growing the THC flowers, but currently this will be in a way smaller sclae due to regulations. I came actoos the fact to choose between photoperiod and autoflowers. Im totally aware of the difference. As Thailand is having quite constant daylight around 12 hours the benefit of the autoflowerings would be to not give them external lights in order to keep them in vegetative. However, im not totally sure if the photoperiod seeds may have better genetics. Do you guys have more info about this maybe? 

Thx in advance!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sensation said:

@R.G.S why arent you a friend of low THC? Do you think there are more canabinoids in high THC content flowers? We are also growing the THC flowers, but currently this will be in a way smaller sclae due to regulations. I came actoos the fact to choose between photoperiod and autoflowers. Im totally aware of the difference. As Thailand is having quite constant daylight around 12 hours the benefit of the autoflowerings would be to not give them external lights in order to keep them in vegetative. However, im not totally sure if the photoperiod seeds may have better genetics. Do you guys have more info about this maybe? 

Thx in advance!

Well it is something very personal that I do not like with low thc content, to give you an example they give me the impression of being exactly the same as for the trichome glands they also load quite a bit but as soon as I finish smoking after a while I hope to feel the  thc effect inside me and not being so dislike me they leave me anxiously and want to smoke one in conditions, maybe to make oil cakes ... Maybe they are good I do not say the opposite but I will not prove it because they no longer  planted that style of plants ✌️

If you have no chance of failure choose autoflowering @ Sensation if you have the possibility of giving them 16 to 20 hours of light otherwise I would not even think I would choose feminized for quick production and would try to get my own seeds always  Starting from the green house bank and in the next few occasions you will have seeds that are already acclimatized to that area as soon as sativa or indica depends on better tastes a little of everything, right?  😉👍 ...

This year I tried the doctor and very tasty the truth but little thc?  I think not....

Bueno es algo muy personal que no me gusten con contenido bajo de thc, para ponerte un ejemplo me dan la impresión de ser exactamente igual en cuanto a las glándulas tricomas también se cargan bastante pero en cuanto acabo de fumar al cabo del rato espero sentir el efecto de thc dentro de mi y al no ser así me disgustan bastante me dejan con ansiedad y ganas de fumar uno en condiciones, quizás para hacer elaboraciónes pasteles aceite... Quizás sean buenas no digo lo contrario pero no lo probaré por que ya no plantó de ese estilo de plantas ✌️ 

Si no tiene posibilidad de fracaso escoje autoflorecientes @Sensation si tienes posibilidad de darles de 16 a 20 horas de luz de lo contrario yo ni me lo pensaria escogeria feminizadas de rapida produccion y trataría de conseguir mis propias semillas siempre partiendo del banco green house y en próximas ocasiones tendrás semillas que estén ya aclimatadas a esa zona en cuanto sativa o indica depende de gustos mejor un poco de todo no? 😉👍 

Este año e probado the doctor y muy sabrosa la verdad pero poco thc? Creo que no.... 

We will be using them in order to produce oil and isolates as currently the market is just allowing this with less legal issues. However, we are already looking also for high potential THC seeds. When markets are open we will adapt. Im really figured out that the most important thing regarding categories is that they have actually to be heat resistant and moisture resistant, otherwise we will have mold everywhere!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sensation said:

We will be using them in order to produce oil and isolates as currently the market is just allowing this with less legal issues. However, we are already looking also for high potential THC seeds. When markets are open we will adapt. Im really figured out that the most important thing regarding categories is that they have actually to be heat resistant and moisture resistant, otherwise we will have mold everywhere!

Maybe @OG.Naj @g22 @gasmeter & @Jose.gh know how to tell you what kind of varieties you can find that are the strongest in our bank
 😉 👍

Puede que @OG.Naj @g22 @gasmeter & @Jose.gh sepan decirte que tipo de variedades puedes encontrar que sean las más fuertes de nuestro banco

😉 👍 

• Like 2

I think @OG.Naj provided some great advice to see if there is any legal farm you can visit to see what strain/s they are working with and what growing techniques they are using for example have they planted straight into the ground and have they added nutrients to the dirt, are they growing in pots, what is the grow medium dirt or coco, what sort of nutrients they use along with additives.

And don't forget about pests they face and how they deal with them, do they use natural things to treat the plants or do they buy chemicals.

With the strain/s I only know about Green House strains that have a THC and CBD ratio that is 1:1, but these would not be legal simply because there is a shitload more than 0.01% THC which is the usual legal requirement from what I have seen and read, so you need to look for strains that have a Cannabinoid profile with 0.01% THC

You need to look at Cannabis Sativa L or as we know it Hemp this is what Babylon governments will allow and license the cultivation and production of and this is what all these CBD products are derived from, this is what they grow in the US and UK and elsewhere around the world.

• Like 2

@gasmeter Im already in touch with Green House regarding it. Dont get me wrong, i have a clue about growing. We are testing the soil, checking the environment etc. However I did not find anywhere CBD related genetics for tropical climate. Therefore, i wanted to bring some knowledge to the community and elaborate different stuff. Im in touch with growers from colorado which have friends growing large scale in colombia. Will update you guys. Hopefully next year i will be able to provide some nice pics from the grow!

• Like 2

First if you Can just grow 6 plant and if the Law IS not clear you will grow ilegaly 🤔 like in thé movie the beach on a island maybe 😂 if i stop working i can help you like manager just to chek if you working good :jester:

• Like 2

@Sensation it sounds like your already doing all the right things and heading in the right direction, that is great that you are in touch with growers in Colorado hopefully they can provide some insights and tips you can apply in your situation.

Most people on here are growing none medicinal strains with high THC percentage in the Cannabinoid profile so probably wont have much of a perspective to offer on the medicinal strains Green House have to offer, I think you would be OK with the hybrid strains in a tropical location, but the guys at Green House will be able to advise you best.

The important thing is to make sure your on the right side of the law I will look forwards to hearing how you progress, good luck bro :good:

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 11:26 AM, Jose.gh said:

Welcome to the forum

I don't have experience in large crops, so I'm sorry I can't help. Perhaps a member of the forum can give you some advice.

Cheers

Dear Jose, 

does Greenhouse Experts have experience with growing hybrids in tropical climate? CBD i think not but maybe THC strains. Would love to hear your insights.

• 5 weeks later...

@Sensation, I know that we do have some Thailander as members here, only I cannot remember who they are. 

You might try writing another "Introduce Yourself" and ask for someone from Thailand to respond to you.  Be sure to use a Title for the post that might attract the specific attention that you want.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey guys! 

Im back from Thailand and saw asome nice crops. First of all there is lack of knowledge regarding optimized growing methods. However, i saw Northern lights growing there without any mold. It was quite fascinating. But the reason is that it is in the dry season, where even indicas are growing. Assumption of course is that it was really a northern lights. However, they are growing automatic seeds and when i looked at their plants i would guess a max of 200 gram per plants dry. Fascinating was that they actually import the soil from germany in order to grow the plants. Im currently asking myself the question how much percentage is minimum needed for a strain to sustain the rainy season. What do you guys think?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sensation said:

Hey guys! 

Im back from Thailand and saw asome nice crops. First of all there is lack of knowledge regarding optimized growing methods. However, i saw Northern lights growing there without any mold. It was quite fascinating. But the reason is that it is in the dry season, where even indicas are growing. Assumption of course is that it was really a northern lights. However, they are growing automatic seeds and when i looked at their plants i would guess a max of 200 gram per plants dry. Fascinating was that they actually import the soil from germany in order to grow the plants. Im currently asking myself the question how much percentage is minimum needed for a strain to sustain the rainy season. What do you guys think?

I think it's not a rain problem, it's a cold problem

Creo que no es problema de la lluvia es más bien problema de frío 

The main obstacle growing outdoors in Thailand is the light cycle.  Although sunlight is bright and strong all year long, which the plants love, the days are short. The longest day will have 13:06 hours of sunlight, and the shortest 11:00. Therefore, most photoperiod-dependent strains grown outdoors will begin to flower too early, before they can veg into large, healthy, productive plants. This is also the case for autoflowers, which although they are supposed to grow regardless of photoperiod, still need more than 12 hours of light to grow properly. The exceptions are sativa strains that have been bred in tropical latitudes, including the traditional Thai strains. So, in addition to finding the high CBD/low THC strains you are looking for, you also have to find genetics that are suitable to the short tropical  days. One solution to the light problem is to install supplemental CFL lights to run for an additional 6-8 hours. This works well in greenhouses and small grows, but I don't know whether it would be efficient in a large field.  The other environmental problem could be high humidity, so be sure to choose strains that have some resistance to mold, and which grow tall and airy. If I were you, I would first experiment with a few strains and their light needs, and then see whether they can be grown in large quantity outdoors or require more control in a greenhouse. Check out the latest Elevated Estate podcasts for more information on native strains. 

• Like 3