Nordic Guerilla season 2020

Guovsahas

So it's 2020 and I'm preparing for another guerilla season, this year I'm doing something different. I am only growing two Green House Seed Co. strains which are favorites from last year The Church and Sweet Valley Kush, these will be some of the few photoperiod strains I'm growing and I also have Frisian Duck (Dutch Passion), Early Skunk (Sensi Seeds), Quick Gorilla (Dinafem), Quick Kush (Dinafem) and Alaskan Purple (Seedsman), also new this season is a field dedicated to autos from Auto Critical Orange Punch, AutoDuck, Auto Glueberry O.G., Auto Brooklyn Sunrise, Auto Colorado Cookies, Auto Orange Bud, Auto Blueberry & Auto Daquiri Lime (Dutch Passion), Blue Amnesia XXL, Haze XXL & Moby Dick XXL, Cheese XXL (Dinafem), Purple Punch Auto (Barney's Farm), Dos-si-Dos Cake Auto (LaMota Seeds), Pineapple Express & Mexican Airlines (420 Fast Buds) and Dedoverde Haze Auto (Humboldt Seed Organization).

I'm moving to a different area in the swamp, I'll be preparing it soon and when the ice returns I'm carrying manure to the area and once the sun starts in May I'll really start preparing the area by turning the soil and covering it with a tarp for a week or two.

I'm super excited for this years season

IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

• Like 5

WOW!  This looks like an exciting guerrilla grow to watch.

That's a lot of wonderful-looking plants.  Let's hope that homeless "Machete-Man" and friendly "DogWalk-Man" won't cause any trouble.

Good Luck, I'll be watching.

P.S., when do you plan to germinate the seeds?  Keep us informed, and keep up the excellent work and journalism.

• Like 2

@Guovsahas that's a whole heap of beans there bro

Good luck with your grow this season it was great watching your grow in the 3rd Mega contest last year and a relief when you updated to let us know you harvested some bud after all the set backs and ups and downs during the grow.

walk safe bro :good:

I did some Black Friday shopping so I got double on my seed order, so all those seeds in the picture I have two of except the Alaskan Purple and Cheese XXL, the Alaskan Purple I traded some of my weed for seeds and the Cheese XXL were freebies from my black friday shopping, I spent 750€ on seeds and I got double on my order so I got a lot of seeds.
I'm ready to create a field 2020. @Cannabissapean @gasmeter @Jose.gh
Last year I started following a guy on instagram (IG: himalayan_connection) and he has a seed company called Afghan Seed Selection, I also have some of the strains from their company but that's for another grow, however he was growing a couple of degrees LAT north of me in Sweden and I was amazed by his field, we both were growing in a swamp but he did something I didn't really want to do which was clear a part of the swamp to create a field while I was more focused on camouflaging the plants so they can't be seen.

The pictures below are from his grow on instagram, I'm impressed because his field is a couple of degrees LAT further north of me however his field is only autos, last year I ran into some problems because the Swedish season is so short and once the rain comes it gets problematic to move in the swamp, also there's a risk of mold. He managed to pull it off with autos, that's why I'm creating a field of autos with a lot of varieties.

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Being that you are in a northern latitude, I would expect that you will germinate your seeds and vegg them indoors for a few weeks before setting them outside.

Have you yet determined a timeframe for the germination?  And will you allow us to see your germination methods and indoor vegging progress?

I ask because I don't want to miss any part of this journal.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Cannabissapean so far I've been waiting for colder weather so I can get out to without getting wet and carry stuff I need out there but there hasn't been a winter, I was hoping to document that for starters but I've had to rethink my planning.

It's not my first year growing at lat 59 and certainly not last, I'm going to start them in a few days and I usually keep them in for atleast a month or 6 weeks depending when the cold stops, I have a south facing balcony so I just leave them there until I take them out.

• Like 3

I am hoping to elevate a area of the wetlands which is above water, I'm going to be moving soil around to elevate the plants to become like mounds in the event that a sudden flood would happen because that wetlands I've grown in last year is a wetlands used to absorb flooding so other parts are spared. I am hoping that the roots work their way through the soil and find the swamp water.

There are challenges which I learned from last year in the area, this spot is a new area and I haven't found anything quite like it.

@OG.Naj and @gasmeter I'm hoping that this year is better than last year and I'm going to need to focus on creating a strong rootsystem without causing too much harm to local wetlands which could impact the local wildlife and plantlife negatively, I read that willow water stimulates root growth.
Of course I'm going to make sure the plants go out have a good rootsystem but I'm hoping it'll be as painless as last year.

Wetlands are dangerous areas and one should proceed with caution, last year in November I remember falling in what I thought was solid ground with water up to my armpits, so I need to plan for autumn floods and sudden temperature drops snow can come early or late, these last two years winter has come late but this year there hasn't been a winter

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6.3.2020 at 0:38 AM, Guovsahas said:

Wetlands are dangerous areas and one should proceed with caution, last year in November I remember falling in what I thought was solid ground with water up to my armpits, ...

That would be a bummer if you became a moorland mummy.

moorland mummy jpg.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I've been planning and preparing for this season, first no winter which would've made it a lot easier to carry out soil and fertilizer, now quarantine and it really sucks because I've got a lot of things I need to get done. As a outdoor grower one has to be prepared for everything but this affects us all and to add another headache I lost my job like so many others.

I grow cannabis so I don't need to spend so much money on buying cannabis and to have full control, there is a serious drought of weed and hash in Sweden due to the borders being shutdown and I for one am happy not to be one of those people who have to pay double or even triple the usual street price. I heard that it's double the street price and some people are being extra greedy by tripling the street price, times are hard, I hope that when harvest comes around the country won't be in lockdown

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Guovsahas said:

I've been planning and preparing for this season, first no winter which would've made it a lot easier to carry out soil and fertilizer, now quarantine and it really sucks because I've got a lot of things I need to get done. As a outdoor grower one has to be prepared for everything but this affects us all and to add another headache I lost my job like so many others.

I recently got myself a job in an essential service and am a key worker (got a letter today from my employer to show the authorities if I am stopped by the authorities while out of my home). I'm now a delivery driver, very different to my usual IT roles.

My outdoor grow will be  along my commute from home to work (about 7 of my gents in late flower already are), thus giving me access to my plants. Dib dib dib, be prepared (Boy scouts motto).

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, ShaggyGrower said:

I recently got myself a job in an essential service and am a key worker (got a letter today from my employer to show the authorities if I am stopped by the authorities while out of my home). I'm now a delivery driver, very different to my usual IT roles.

My outdoor grow will be  along my commute from home to work (about 7 of my gents in late flower already are), thus giving me access to my plants. Dib dib dib, be prepared (Boy scouts motto).

That's lucky and currently a good job, I used to work as a gardener. I had applied to become a royal gardener for the Swedish royal family and their estates but due to corona nobody is getting hired at the moment.

That's great and true guerilla, I chose to keep my grow at roughly the same place where I was last year which is close to where I live, sure I could sneak out into the forest and walk through the forest if the whole city which I live in is locked down however Swedish authorities have decided not to lock down my city, yet. I also am thinking of having one or two Auto Ducks on my balcony.

I can just sneak out through a window and go out into the forest if the city is quarantined and it might be a good thing because then I won't need to worry about people being out EXCEPT POLICE.

Did anyone see the news that UK might have to be shut down the whole summer and people might need to be living in some kind of restriction, that's fucked up, I'm glad I can still go out.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Guovsahas said:

That's lucky and currently a good job, I used to work as a gardener. I had applied to become a royal gardener for the Swedish royal family and their estates but due to corona nobody is getting hired at the moment.

That's great and true guerilla, I chose to keep my grow at roughly the same place where I was last year which is close to where I live, sure I could sneak out into the forest and walk through the forest if the whole city which I live in is locked down however Swedish authorities have decided not to lock down my city, yet. I also am thinking of having one or two Auto Ducks on my balcony.

I can just sneak out through a window and go out into the forest if the city is quarantined and it might be a good thing because then I won't need to worry about people being out EXCEPT POLICE.

Did anyone see the news that UK might have to be shut down the whole summer and people might need to be living in some kind of restriction, that's fucked up, I'm glad I can still go out.

Some people in the UK are not keeping to the restrictions on travel. They're hopping in their cars and going to the countryside for their allowed exercise.

They've not realized that hopping in their car leads to them putting others at risk. Cars need petrol from petrol stations; people in cars can have accidents requiring the emergency services to be called out to help them; cars required maintenance from garages; etc etc. So, I expect there to be severe travel restrictions (by vehicle) to be put in place soon due to these people who feel they have the right, are 'entitled', to travel where they want.

Be safe, and help keep others safe, by not travelling unnecessarily, imv. What people believe is 'necessary' often is not necessary at all, it's merely them actioning a 'want' they have rather than a 'need', imv.

• Like 5

In my country its ilegal to travel only for work if your work is essential,

you only have right to go shop for eat or pharma to go out walking is allowed if you leave the house by foot its possible to cheat my if the police control you its can be expensive 250€ direct it starts to break your balls somtimes i go to the big forest the town next door to walk through the woods off the trails to relax with my dog maybe try photographie 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ShaggyGrower said:

Some people in the UK are not keeping to the restrictions on travel. They're hopping in their cars and going to the countryside for their allowed exercise.

Yes we have nuff dickheads wandering about in the UK driving miles to visit a beauty spot then all crowding together, here is an article about Police catching 25 adults and kids having a party.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/30/police-break-karaoke-party-taking-place-house-coronavirus-lockdown-12476338/

I don't think the karaoke was a great idea but clearly shows how dumb people really are :slow::crazy:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gasmeter said:

Yes we have nuff dickheads wandering about in the UK driving miles to visit a beauty spot then all crowding together, here is an article about Police catching 25 adults and kids having a party.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/30/police-break-karaoke-party-taking-place-house-coronavirus-lockdown-12476338/

I don't think the karaoke was a great idea but clearly shows how dumb people really are :slow::crazy:

Same here. And we still have the ones who are having kitchen parties. Idiots. It's a horribly hard lesson these people are gonna learn.They just closed all the parks and beaches yesterday because people are flocking to these spots. Luckily I live in a super low pop region and it's still possible to find a nearby place with no people. Went to a remote spot on the Atlantic ocean yesterday. No people when we got there and maybe less than ten as we were leaving. Now that the parks are closed I expect all the "secret" spots will fill up. Also, @ShaggyGrower to what you mentioned about emergencies; I was opposed to her climbing this thing but she went ahead despite my objections. 

IMG_0767.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, g22 said:

@Jenji

Beautiful place woaw:O

Thanks, @g22 I'm in East coast Canada right on the Bay of Fundy. Will take care not to post anymore destination pics on fb. Posted yesterday and today I've already seen a few people had hit it up today. Hope you are well and distracted from all the noise :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gasmeter said:

I hope those 25 share a Darwin Award this year.

• Like 1