White Rhino x Blood Berries = 'BloodRhino'

ShaggyGrower

Hi fellow growers,

Putting a thread up here so you can see the progress of one of the four crosses I made with my 'MeshBox Ladies'.

The ladies were called the Meshbox Ladies as they started their life off growing in a box made out of mesh and hung on a railing next to a railway siding in late summer 2019. Later, they were placed in a tent in my garage and I built a solar power station to provide their electrical needs. When the autumn turned to winter and sunlight was not providing enough power, I moved them into my Cannavan to finish flowering on mains power, or in my case, to produce seeds.

I was gifted some Blood Berries regular seeds together with the 'Quesogood' regular test seeds SubCool sent over from the US in the winter of 2018.

I have harvested many wonderful looking seeds, and have germinated a few of each with success.

BloodRhino seeds:

BloodRhino_5_Seeds_Picked.thumb.jpg.2aa803589d7bc64729b0a69ae93efd44.jpg

If you don't know yet, SubCool, from TGA Genetics / SubCool's The Dank, passed away in his sleep a couple of days ago:

https://www.celebstoner.com/news/marijuana-news/2020/02/02/subcool-marijuana-breeder-dies/

I crossed his male Blood Berries with a White Rhino (GHS), an Eleven Roses (Delicious Seeds), a DeLaHaze (Paradise Seeds) and a HiFi4G (Dutch Passion).

Here is the BloodRhino:

DSCF9835_BRh_001_Edit.thumb.jpg.8724cb409926bf9407131f449467d5fa.jpg

The image below is of BloodRhino, not, as labelled, Blood Roses

DSCF9884_edit.thumb.jpg.7df0afc0f0b670944dc9fb6c6c5a0057.jpg

So it's pheno-hunting time for these over the coming months / years.

This is my first time every breeding, so I'm learning as I go along, with lots of research and listening [although not necessarily obeying] to advice(s).

As this grow log continues, let me know when you see obvious White Rhino trait being displayed by the plant(s).

Happy Growing,

ShaggyGrower

**** NO IMAGES SHALL BE SHARED WITHOUT MY EXPRESS PERMISSION, MESSAGE ME TO DISCUSS  *****

• Like 5

Thanks for the info, @ShaggyGrower.

It's saddening to hear of the suffering and passing of a fellow grower/breeder.

But that points to the importance of forums like this, to continue to collect and present information to educate and inspire the generations of growers and breeders that will follow us...

R.I.P. SubCool.

• Like 2

Up potted my seedings, including the BloodRhino #1.

DSCF9895_Up_Potting_logo.thumb.jpg.94d6c317a1a7ec056c05b057e92c7944.jpg

Media in the pots is John Innes Potting Compost #2 & Perlite (50/50) & Diatomaceous Earth.

Microwaved for 2 minutes to sterilise, and then left to cool.

I placed the rockwool cubes with the seedings in them low enough down in their new pots  so I would still have room in the pots to fill the pots with media to help support the stem an to keep the plant(s) compact height wise.

Check out my other grows videos on my YouTube channel if you want to more of my work. Search YouTube for 'ShaggyGrower'

Happy Growing!

**** NO IMAGES SHALL BE SHARED WITHOUT MY EXPRESS PERMISSION, MESSAGE ME TO DISCUSS  *****

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've created monsters, ie, whorled phyllotaxy genetics. I've a BloodHaze which has turned tri (three sprouts/leaves coming off one node). I've now found BloodRhino plants going whorled after a few nodes. Two that are tri-whorled and this one which is quad-whorled:

DSCF9956_edit.thumb.jpg.424fde808af2a7375d50138c6f9092cb.jpg

I've read that whorled-ness is a common mutation/trait. More trait in my case. Currently running at 60% whorled for my BloodRhino's.

I've only grown one whorled plant before, Tri, from the White Rhino competition in 2018 on this site (go see the grow log).

Happy Whorled of Seeds

edited: to take down the original photo that was then posted on Instagram @strainhuntersforum without tagging me correctly or asking permission to repost it there.

• Like 4

Quad-whorled phyllotaxy BloodRhino I've bred probably the most pleasing structure I've ever seen on a young cannabis plant:

Filarotaxia de cuatro vueltas BloodRhino He criado probablemente la estructura más agradable que he visto en una planta joven de cannabis:

DSCF9989_Quad_edit.jpg

Happy Whorled-ness!

• Like 1

Not sure which structure I like best.

The compact trifoliate/tri-whorld-ness of my BloodHaze #1 below:

DSCF0024_edit.thumb.jpg.946315230a4a427b85066b568b9790d1.jpg

Or the spiralling swirlingess of BloodRoses #1 below:

DSCF0025_edit2.thumb.jpg.ba844281fefa058d49bd7fb2c02901b0.jpg

Or the quadfoliate/quad-whorld-ness of BloodRhino #1 below:

DSCF0031_edit.thumb.jpg.751f7db0331627d38cf22f071f26b133.jpg

What's your favourite of the three?

I've bred a fourth strain/cultivar; BloodX (BloodBerries [Subcool] x HiFi4G [Dutch Passion]) and a few are growing, looking forward to seeing what mysteries will be reviled. Time will tell.

Happy Growing!

• Like 4

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 0:55 PM, g22 said:

@ShaggyGrower

Hey amigo you gone to  let her grow normaly or you gone to top or somthing els ?

Iam curious to see  them in flowering a trippel node that can grow big central bud's maybe

Hey @g22,

As BloodHaze #1 is the first of this new cultivar / strain. I'm not going to top it. I'll  just grow it out naturally. I'll drive it to the flowering Cannavan on Wednesday, together with BloodRoses #1, and maybe some others.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OG.Naj said:

Hello @ShaggyGrower, i see that you have multiple mutation in your outcoming X, what you thought about that? Bad trait from the male you used, stress from a environmental parametre or something else?

Hi @OG.Naj,

Three out of five BloodRhino are whorled. Two trifoliate/tri-whorled, and a single quadfoliate/quad-whorld.  I have a feeling the BloodRoses #1 is a trifoliate/tri-whorled. One BloodHaze is trifoliate/tri-whorled, with another that is single-foliate with some strange growth straight from the seed. All BloodX (BloodBerries x HiFi4G) look usual thus far. Will wait until the 4th or 5th node develop to see if the BloodX's flip to tri- or quad-.

I really enjoyed the trifoliate/tri-whorled White Rhino I grew in the competition, so I'm very interested to grow them out to see if: they're female, and to see how they turn out.

Perhaps the environmental stresses I put them under in the Solar powered grow in autumn last year, with very weak light and no heating, caused them to adapt or die, or it was "something else" :-)  In any event, I really like their structures and it's an adventure.

• Like 2

In time the presence of the year will date the image, without the year this won't happen, but it may also be useful to keep track of the images as in when the image was posted.

But the year being present has zero effect on copyright it just marks the start point.

2 minutes ago, gasmeter said:

In time the presence of the year will date the image, without the year this won't happen, but it may also be useful to keep track of the images as in when the image was posted.

Here's a good explanation as to why I included the year: https://smallbusiness.chron.com/year-copyright-statement-mean-62027.html

edit: I can use the image(s) into the future and publish different versions as I have the originals. If future partners want to use my image(s) without certain attributes that I embed in them before publishing on places like this forum, Instagram, etc, they can contact me to discuss my terms as they let me know how they'd want to licence my image(s).

• Like 1

Yes with the year there is no ambiguity about the situation so anyone viewing the images will be in no doubt about ownership.

Just a though you could also insert this data through the files properties belt and braces style, if you have access to Photoshop they make this easy.

7 minutes ago, ShaggyGrower said:

edit: I can use the image(s) into the future and publish different versions as I have the originals. If future partners want to use my image(s) without certain attributes that I embed in them before publishing on places like this forum, Instagram, etc, they can contact me to discuss my terms as they let me know how they'd want to licence my image(s).

Good thinking batman :good:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gasmeter said:

Yes with the year there is no ambiguity about the situation so anyone viewing the images will be in no doubt about ownership.

Just a though you could also insert this data through the files properties, if you have access to Photoshop they make this easy.

I already have "copywrite owned by ShaggyGrower. Contact shaggygrower@gmail.com" in the copywrite metadata on each image. This is embedded with the software I use to add my logo, text, etc.

• Like 1

Wow! ShaggyGrower, you topped that Quad!

I expect that left and right of each fan-leaf-stem will produce a new growth.  It might occur that adjacent new growths may have to compete heavily against each other for space and light.

It will be interesting to see how they cope.

Keep us posted, buddy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...