Introduction of an Island boy

Hadley

My name is hadley llive in the federated state of micronesia on the island of pohnpei. I am from below the Mountain Ridge
overlooking the College of Micronesia- Federated State of Micronesia (COM-FSM) and the well-known
Pwisehn Malehk volcanic hill protruding from the old Japanese rice farm in the village of Paies. Paies is
the border village between Sokehs municipality and Kitti Municipality in Pohnpei State. Pohnpei is the
capital state of the Federated State of Micronesia, a young island nation of less than half century old
independence.

• Like 3

Welcome to the StrainHunters, @Hadley.  I am very happy that you have posted your introduction here.  Now the other StrainHunters can meet you too.

And they will also see where you live and they might be just as jealous as I am.  Your island looks like a paradise.

I will post here a link to the GoogleMaps for your island of Pohnpei so that the other members can see.

https://www.google.de/maps/place/Pohnpei,+Föderierte+Staaten+von+Mikronesien/@6.8801314,158.0753869,45329m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x660b09054e069cbf:0x39916ad4527423c!8m2!3d6.8541254!4d158.2623822

@Hadley, I just now discovered that within that link to the GoogleMaps of the Island of Pohnpei is a wonderful set of Gallery Images of various locations on your island.  It is beautiful.

I suggest that this might be a great location for the StrainHunters main Crew to visit.  Maybe not so much for Cannabis plantations, but rather for the sheer beauty and relaxation of the place.

• Like 1

Hadley, I have some questions.

How many people live on Pohnpei?

You had posted a picture in the gallery of a plant that you are currently growing.  Do you know what the strain is called?  Or is that the landrace strain of Micronesia?  I shall post a link to that picture here so that the others can also see it:

6 month plant, wow that's 24 weeks.  But does it ever flower?  If you are too close to the equator, it might be hard to get a Cannabis plant to flower.  In our area (temperate zones), the plants need shorter sun-periods (photoperiods) in order to trigger the plant to begin flowering.

20,000 people.  That's more than I had expected.  Is Cannabis legal there?  Tolerated?  Are there any police lurking around, hunting for your plants on the island?

When you click in to make a post, write a few words, then click on "Insert other media".  This should allow you to select pictures from your computer to upload into Strain Hunters.  After you have uploaded a few pictures, then you can click them into the post.  Then click submit.  You can also always change your post by clicking "Edit"

No, EITHER.  You are 6,5 degrees north of the equator.  Cannabis requires a photoperiod approximately 12 hours sunlight and 12 hours nighttime to trigger flowering (either male or female)......

Wait....

Stop...

That is exactly what you have every day, isn't it?

Now, I am confused.  The question changes.  How can your plant grow so tall WITHOUT going into flowering nearly immediately after it pops out of the soil?

LOL

I see now the flowers on the plant.

And it appears that one must upload pictures to the gallery (as you had done), and then use the "insert other media" to bring it into the discussion post.

Try it that way, but if it doesn't work for you, you might need to contact @Jose.gh or @OG.Naj to get clear instructions on how to bring pictures into the discussion post.

• Like 1

By the way, if you like something that you read, you can help your neighbor StrainHunter by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of his post.  This raises his "Like" count, and it will encourage other members to click "Like" on YOUR posts.

Thank you, @Hadley.

• Like 2

Here is something else that you can use to your advantage:

It is called the "Mention" feature.  When you write a member's name preceeded with an "ampersand" (  @  ), then the name is tagged such that the member will receive a notification that his name was mentioned.  As an example, I shall mention you again,  @Hadley.

After writing the "@" and the "Person'sName", a drop-down box will appear showing names that are similar.  You have to click on the name desired in order to activate the tag.

Try that with my name.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hadley, I must correct my instructions to you regarding the uploading of pictures.

When you click on "Reply to this topic...", that opens the Text-Editor.  In the lower left of the Text-Editor, you will see the Paperclip-Symbol and the words "Drag files" or "choose files".  You can drag files directly into the Text Editor, OR even better, click on "choose files". 

"Choose files" will allow you to import up to 10 images that you already have stored on your computer into the Text Editor. You can write text between the images within the same post.  Or you can alternatively write comments and then upload the images one at a time within the same post.

Practice makes perfect...

I hope that helps.