While we wait on the next test, here is my growroom as it currently stands

While we wait on the next surprise test, here is my growroom as it currently stands.

I will put the pictures in posts following this initial post.

I have one Chrystal Mama-plant.  She is heavy with seeds, and I am going to keep her alive as long as possible to give her seeds every opportunity possible to develop to full maturity.  These seeds will replenish my seedbank with fresh Chrystal seeds.

Chrystal = (White Widow fem crossed with Sour Diesel male).

But Chrystal Mama is a Chrystal female that was pollinated by a Chrystal male, so there could be considerably more variations in the phenotypes to be seen in her offspring seeds.

Chrystal Mama is now out of the FloweringTent, and she now sits in a window to get natural daylight (reduced photoperiod at this time of the year) while she slowly approaches her last days.  I do still water her from time to time or when she looks thirsty.

When I took Chrystal Mama out of the FloweringTent, I placed two K-Train (fems) and two SourDiesel (regs) into the FloweringTent.  I am lighting my FloweringTent with two 270-Watt multi-spectrum LED lamps from above, two 18-Watt CoolWhite Fluorescent lamps in opposite corners of the tent, and two 36-Watt UV-spectrum Fluorescent lamps in the other opposite corners of the tent.  Currently, all the lamps are on 18/6 schedule because I want to LST and grow the plants a bit more before flipping to 12/12.

In the GrowTent, I have four more Chrystal (regs) already up-potted to their FloweringPot.  I will grow them in the GrowTent until the other girls are harvested out of the FloweringTent. 

Following those four Chrystals in the back of tthe GrowTent, I have eight more Cannabis plants still in their original SeedlingPots.  They are two more SourDiesel (regs), four more Chrystal (regs) and two LemonSkunk (fems).  The strange-looking plant in the clear plastic cup is a Fig plant from a cutting.

OK, now I will begin to work on bringing the pictures into following posts. 

Hope you enjoy...

• Like 3

05March2020

Here is Chrystal Mama...

She is heavy with seeds, and I am going to keep her alive as long as possible to give her seeds every opportunity possible to develop to full maturity.  These seeds will replenish my seedbank with fresh Chrystal seeds.

Chrystal = (White Widow fem crossed with Sour Diesel male).

But Chrystal Mama is a Chrystal female that was pollinated by a Chrystal male, so there could be considerably more variations in the phenotypes to be seen in her offspring seeds.

Chrystal Mama is now out of the FloweringTent, and she now sits in a window to get natural daylight (reduced photoperiod at this time of the year) while she slowly approaches her last days.  I do still water her from time to time or when she looks thirsty.

a_Chrystal Mama in window.jpg

• Like 6

05March2020

Here is a View into my FloweringTent.  After the initial view into the FloweringTent, there will be four more images:

SourDiesel(reg)#1

SourDiesel Premium(reg)

K-Train (fem) 1

K-Train (fem) 2

When I took Chrystal Mama out of the FloweringTent, I placed two K-Train (fems) and two SourDiesel (regs) into the FloweringTent.  I am lighting my FloweringTent with two 270-Watt multi-spectrum LED lamps from above, two 18-Watt CoolWhite Fluorescent lamps in opposite corners of the tent, and two 36-Watt UV-spectrum Fluorescent lamps in the other opposite corners of the tent.  Currently, all the lamps are on 18/6 schedule because I want to ST and grow the plants a bit more before flipping to 12/12.

View into the FloweringTent

b_a view into the FloweringTent.jpg

Sour Diesel (reg) 1

c_SourDiesel 1 reg.jpg

SourDiesel Premium(reg)

d_SourDiesel reg premium.jpg

K-Train (fem) 1

e_K-Train 1.jpg

K-Train (fem) 2

f_K-Train 2.jpg

• Like 5

05March2020

Here is a view into the GrowTent.  I am lighting the plants in the GrowTent using four 36-Watt T8 Fluorescent tubes.  Two of the tubes are CoolWhite; one is a GrowLamp spectrum; one is currently a UV-B Spectrum Lamp.  All of these lamps are normally kept within 4 to 6 inches of the tops of the plants; the lamps are raised for the purpose of these pictures.  After the initial image of the view into the GrowTent, there will be images of the four Chrystal (regs) already up-potted to their FloweringPot.  I will grow them in the GrowTent until the other girls are harvested out of the FloweringTent.

g_a view into the GrowTent.jpg

Here come the images of the four Chrystal (regs) on the back row, in the order from right to left:

h_Chrystal up-pot 1.jpg

i_Chrystal up-pot 2.jpg

j_Chrystal up-pot 3.jpg

k_Chrystal up-pot 4.jpg

• Like 5

05March2020

Following those four Chrystals I have eight more Cannabis plants still in their original SeedlingPots.  They are two more SourDiesel (regs), four more Chrystal (regs) and two LemonSkunk (fems).  The strange-looking plant in the clear plastic cup is a Fig plant from a cutting.

Here are the two more Sour Diesel (regs)

L_two more SourDiesel regs.jpg

Four more Chrystal (regs)

m_four more Chrystal regs.jpg

Two Lemon Skunk (fems)

n_two LemonSkunk fems.jpg

And here is the fig plant from a cutting.  It almost died in these tents over the winter, but it is doing better now.

p_just a Fig from a cutting.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks @g22 for expressing interest in my grow.

The training:

Note that at this time, the plants that are sitting in the FloweringTent are sitting under intense lamps, but the lamps are STILL set on growth photoperiod of 18/6, and the plants are still being fed Vegging nutrients (alternatingly BioGrow/BioEnhancer/HybridPowderFeeding/BioBizzGrow/BioBizzAlgaMic).

All the Cannabis plants got topped at about the 3rd or 4th growth node.  When the dual growths grew to the point to which each had two leaves and a central growth, then each of those central growths got nipped too.  In all cases, that will result in four leaders from the top Wye.  When each of those four top leaders produce also a pair of leaves with a center growth, then those center growth nodes will also be nipped away, creating eight leaders from the top Wye.

Additionally, as the side-shoots from lower branches grew to the point that they were long enough and they also had two opposing leaves, then I topped also the center growth shoot from each side shoot.  This will result in dual leaders from the side branches as well.

After that, it is only a matter of assessing each plant individually 2 or 3 times a week and applying low stress training (LST) as needed to prevent any leader from becoming dominant, while encouraging the lower-lying leaders to reach for the light.  As time passes, I will continue to force aggressive growers down, while allowing slower leaders to grow upward.  Each time any leader gets too tall, it will be trained down flat again.

The goal is to cause the plant to spread wide, thus exposing the inner branches to the intense light.  Eventually, even the tiny leaf nodes along the inner nodes of the branches will also begin to produce leaders.  In the end, I am hoping for each plant to become its own self-standing sea of green (SOG) with a nice, low, broad, even canopy.

After the spread is significantly wide (being LST'd to the outer rim of the pots and beyond), then I will not release the LST, but rather allow all the tips to grow upwards, hoping that each will produce a Cola.

After the Colas grow in the 18/6 Vegging-photoperiod for a while, possibly to a height of 15 or 20 cm, then I will switch to Flowering-12/12 and change the feeding to Flowering nutrients (alternatingly BioBloom/BioEnhancer/BoosterPowderFeeding/BioBizzBloom/BioBizzTopMax).  All the while watching them stretch into pre-flowering, flowering and expansion into harvest.

If all goes well, I will be able to provide images for you to enjoy.

That's my plan.

• Like 3

The uv-b lamps is good in the flowering stage it make the plant produce more trichomes normaly because the uv-b ray attack the plant like he attack you and the plant react  by producing more trichomes  here is a good lamps special for marijuana  grower is good for 120 x120 at 90cm i read somewhere that you need 2 of this lamp for 1x1m but  the uv-b ray work only on the few last week of flowering to get more trichomes ,thc  max 30% more.

uv-b don't giv fotosynthese 

Screenshot_20200307-192301.jpg

• Like 1

@OG.Naj, in 2013, I travelled to the USA on vacation.  While there, I purchased SourDiesel (reg) seeds from Royal Queen Seeds and WhiteWidow Seeds from another seedbank (forgotten).  After returning home, I germinated some of those SD seeds and WW seeds in early 2014, and in the FloweringTent that Spring, when I was on a business trip, a male SD popped and pollinated my flowering tent which contained female SDs and female WWs.  That accidental pollination is where I got all my original batch of Chrystals (WW fem x SD male) and my original batch of self-made SourDiesels (SD x SD).  All these SourDiesels and Chrystals currently growing in my tents at this time are grown from those 2014 crossings.  There is basically no difference between SD1, SD2, SD3, and the SD premium.  Only that the SD premium seeds were located singularly at flower locations on lower stems of the plant near the center of the plant, and those seeds were much larger than the seeds that formed up high on the plant in the big colas.  Same plant, just different locations and bigger fatter seeds.

@g22, I think I remember reading somewhere exactly what you said, about UV-B helping to increase trichomes in flowering.  That is why I put the UV-B tubes in the FloweringTent.  I don't know why I put the one tube UV-B in the GrowTent.  Maybe I thought it would help photosynthesis.  But, I seem to have sensed that it doesn't really help in the Vegg Tent.  The plants tend to lean away from the UV-B tube, preferring the CoolWhite tube.  So, I will make preparations to replace it with either a CoolWhite or another GrowSpectrum tube.  By the way, I built these two dual Fluorescent lamp fixtures myself.  I used four electronic ballasts with a Lambda of 0.98.  That is extremely efficient for fluorescent ballasts.  Only a 2% loss in heat.  Somewhere here in StrainHunters I had posted the building of those lamps.  Maybe in the Topic Category of "Gear Reviews".

Well, I searched for that build journal, but I did not find it.  Maybe I had posted it under an incorrect Category.  Sorry.

• Like 2

I guess Cannabissapean is a Grow-Addict.

The fun will definitely be continuing for many years at the Cannabissapean plantation.

Even though I have a stack of GreenHouse Souvenir Seed Discs just crying out to be opened, and even though I have tins of Chrystal and SourDiesel regular seeds, and even though I have Chrystal Mama about to give birth to a thousand (Chrystal x Chrystal) seeds, I just now completed another order for more GreenHouse seeds.

1  seed   SuperLemonHaze CBD (fem) + Bonus SuperLemonHaze Sticker

5  seeds HawaiianSnow (fem)

5  seeds HimalayaGold (fem)

10 seeds SLUSH (SuperLemonHaze x Gelato) (reg)

10 seeds WhiteWidow (reg) - BONUS from GHSC for this month of March.

I'm growwwing...

P.S.  This month of March, GHSC is BONUS-gifting WhiteWidow seeds, quantity of 3 or 5 or 10, depending on the amount of your purchase of other seeds and merchandise.  Additionally, some strains that were out-of-stock will again become available on Friday 13March2020.

• Like 3

I found the article regarding the relationship of UV-B to the trichome production.  Thank you @g22 for reminding me about this.

The article can be found by clicking on the link at the top of the Forum called "Marijuana.tm". 

In "Marijuana.tm", there are also many additional informative articles and helpful hints for Cannabis cultivation. 

Here is a link directly to the particular article about UV-B and trichomes:

https://marijuana.tm/thc-and-uv-b/

• Like 2

I received my package from GreenHouse.  Everything is in order, plus a few bonuses:

I ordered:                                                                                                                       I received:

1  seed   SuperLemonHaze CBD (fem) + a Bonus SuperLemonHaze Sticker.    I got 3 seeds + 2 Bonus SuperLemonHaze Stickers.

5  seeds HawaiianSnow (fem)                                                                                    I got the 5 seeds + 2 Hawaiian Snow Stickers.

5  seeds HimalayaGold (fem)                                                                                      I got the 5 seeds.

10 seeds SLUSH (SuperLemonHaze x Gelato) (reg)                                                I got the 10 seeds in a Limited Edition packet #61 of 100.

10 seeds WhiteWidow (reg) - BONUS from GHSC for this month of March.       I got the 10 seeds.  Instead of (reg) as I had only speculated, they are (fem).

In addition, I received an additional Sticker, a GreenHouse Seed Company Sticker.

aaa_received seeds.jpg

So, my friends, there seems to be no end to the grow journals that I will be posting.

It is now only a matter of space.  I will work to push the current grow along, some plants will remain in the flower tent until their harvest.  Others will eventually find their way outdoors in guerilla locations or in the hands and homes of friends.

• Like 1

And now for an update:

Chrystal Mama continues on.  She still sits in the window looking out at the outside world, developing her babies.  She doesn't look any different, so I won't bother uploading another picture of her.   But things have been happening in the FloweringTent and in the VeggTent.

The plants in the FloweringTent, still under the LEDs at 18/6, underwent a 2nd round of LST to push the growing tips down flat.  I am still seeking a broad, flat pattern before allowing the tips to rise into Colas.  After the 2nd round of LST, each plant received a drink of BioEnhancer to add the Humic Acids and stimulate the Mycorrhizae in the soil.

In the VeggTent, I performed the 2nd round of LST on the four Chrystal (regs) at the back of the tent. 

From the four Chrystal (regs) in their germination pots,  I up-potted one of them and gave it away to a friend who decided to give Cannabis-growing a try.  Maybe that friend will join us later here in StrainHunters.  All the plants in the VeggTent were also given a drink of BioEnhancer.  The run-off from all the plants was collected together and fed to Chrystal Mama.  She is doing fine.

OK, i shall now begin uploading the pictures for this update into the posts that follow.

The plants in the FloweringTent, still under the LEDs at 18/6, underwent a 2nd round of LST to push the growing tips down flat.  I am still seeking a broad, flat pattern before allowing the tips to rise into Colas.  After the 2nd round of LST, each plant received a drink of BioEnhancer to add the Humic Acids and stimulate the Mycorrhizae in the soil.

Here is a view looking upward into the glare of the LED lamps.

aa_looking up into my two 270-Watt broad-spectrum LED lamps.jpg

Here is a view of the plants before I performed the 2nd round of LST.

ab_View in FlowerTent, 2nd week under LED still 18-6.jpg

SourDiesel 1 (reg) before 2nd round of LST:

bb_SourDiesel 1 (reg) before 2nd round of LST.jpg

SourDiesel premium (reg) before 2nd round of LST:

bc_SourDiesel premium (reg).jpg

K-Train 1 (fem) before 2nd round of LST:

cc_K-Train 1 (fem).jpg

K-Train 2 (fem).  This plant had had some kind of deficiency leaving the leaves a bit yellowed,  But she is recovering nicely now as evidenced by the tiny tip-foliage has returned to a darker green color.  Because of the previous stress and the slower growth, I decided not to perform a 2nd round of LST on her at this time:

cd_K-Train 2.jpg

And the fig:

dd_the fig.jpg

• Like 2

I performed the 2nd round of LST on those plants that had enough growth.  For K-Train 2, the soil seemed to remain too wet and compact, so I devised a way to loosen her soil.

Here is SourDiesel 1 (reg) after 2nd round of LST:

de_SD#1(reg) after 2nd roundd of LST.jpg

Here is SourDiesel premium (reg) after 2nd round of LST:

ee_SDprem(reg) after 2nd round of LST.jpg

Here is K-Train 1 (fem) after 2nd round of LST:

ef_K-Train 1 after 2nd  round of LST.jpg

Both K-Train plants have a strong smell, even though they are still in 18/6.  Here is the souvenir disc for the K-Trains:

ff_K-Train 1 souvenir disk strong smell even in Veg-phase.jpg

I figured that the soil of K-Train 2 may be a bit compacted and stays too moist for optimum conditions, so I devised a tool to shove deep into the soil and pull out again to loosen the soil and to allow a bit more oxygen to reach the roots,  Hopefully  things will improve.

fg_K-Train 2 slow growth soil-compaction spiral tool.jpg

Because K-Train 2 is having problems, I did not perform a 2nd round of LST on her.  She needs to recover a bit.

gg_spiral tool used to aerate soil.jpg

OK, these girls return to the FloweringTent.  Lamps on again, continuing at 18/6.

gh_returned low LST'd plants to tent.jpg

hh_LEDs on again.jpg

• Like 2

View into the Vegg Tent.  Here is a sticky trap that seems effective against thrips and gnats without using chemicals:

jk_view into VegTent.jpg

kk_Sticky Trap for thrips and gnats, no chemicals needed.jpg

Here are the four Chrystal (regs) across the back of the VeggTent (r-to-l):

kL_Chrystal(reg) r-l 1.jpg

LL-_Chrystal(reg) r-l 2.jpg

Lm__Chrystal(reg) r-l 3.jpg

mm__Chrystal(reg) r-l 4.jpg

Feeding using BioEnhancer.  This stuff dissolves easily making a dark tea.  By the way, the amount you see in the blue spoon was mixed into about 1,5 Liter water.  I used the small glass only to judge how dark this liquid is.  Maybe it stains too.  I haven't spilled it on me yet.

hj_BioFeeding Enhancer into 1,5L water.jpg

jj_makes very dark tea for feeding.jpg

• Like 2

Here are the Chrystal (regs) that remain in their gernination pots:  (Remember, in a previous post, there were four of them.  I gave one of them away to a friend who wanted to try growing Cannabis for the first time.)

mn_3 Chrystal(regs) gave a fine specimen to a future StrainHunter.jpg

Here are the two SourDiesel (regs) that remain in their germination pots:

nn_2 SourDiesel(regs).jpg

And here are the two LemonSkunk (fems) that remain in their germination pots:

no_2 LemonSkunk(fems).jpg

Ok, everybody back in the VeggTent, lamps lowered back into place.  Growwwww!

oo_Enhancer fed, onward with lamps lowered.jpg

• Like 3

Wanted:  Dead or Alive

For holding girls down and torturing them

Cannabissaapean

• Like 1

@g22, I mix my own supersoil.  I use lots and lots of different components.  The components vary from time to time, But here are the basics.

I begin with a base soil from BioBizz Grow medium.  BioBizz soil products are pre-formulated for various grow methods that we use for Cannabis.  But BioBizz soils are a bit expensive, so I have studied long and hard to find ways to make my own supersoil.  Look in Google and in Youtube for "Supersoil for Cannabis", and you will find many recipes.  Study a bunch of these recipes and videos, and you will begin to learn what needs to be in Cannabis supersoil.  You will begin to develop a feel for it.

Sometimes, when I find a really good deal on gardening soil  (Blumenerde/ Flowering soil) on sale or reduced  price, if it appears to be of good quality, I snap it up and store it until I need to mix more supersoil.  I have lots of different gardening soils to choose from.

I add a bit of sand to my supersoil.  I buy sand from time to time in a similar manner, only on sale, and only non-bleached sand.  In my little village there is a handler who deals in sand and gravel.  His sand is harvested from a local river in the area.  It is natural and contains lots of minerals without salt or bleach.  Recently I was in Czechoslovakia, and there, I found some wonderful natural white sand near a forest.  I just happened to have some bags and boxes with me, and I shoveded a bunch and brought it home.

I do maintain a rather busy yard on my property with fruit trees, berry bushes, ornamental bushes, as well as a 5-meteer x 10-meter vegetable garden, and of course mowing the lawn.  I do collect all vegetable waste from the kitchen activities, and as well, all the vegetable waste from my Cannabis operation.  ALL OF THIS  stuff I shred it through a garden shredder and I put it into 6 Composters that I run year-round in the back yard.  Every year I turn and re-mix the compost bins.  Every other year, I am able to harvest about 300 or 400 kilos of dark rick compost.  I put that compost into heavy sealable gardening bags to continue their composting for another two years.  Then I open them and allow them to dry out completely.  Most pathogens and pests are destroyed during these processes.  I add this compost also to my supersoil.

I use Lava Rocks to line the bottom of my pots.  I also use finer LavaRock gravel as a Streugut against the snow and ice on the walkway in front of my home.  But before I use the Lava Rocks for these purposes, I run them through a shaker-screen to separate the larger rocks from the lavarock dust.  I save this lava dust and I use it as an additive in the soil.  Lava dust has lots of minerals that Cannabis likes, just don't overdo it.

Sometimes, I discover where someone in my neighborhood had dumped trailer-loads of leaves in a pile from the years before.  If the leaves are black and well-self-composted, I am quick to snatch-up these piles for my garden and for my compost bins.  I am always on the look-out for rotting and composting vegetable matter to add to my system.

Last but not least, I use industrial Perlite from the company KNAUF.  Perlite helps to keep the soil lighter and rapidly draining.

Do take the time to study "Supersoil for Cannabis" both in Google, and also in YouTube.  You will be glad you did.

Almost forgot, when I mix my supersoil, I mix in Mycorrhizae and I water the soil mix and then keep it covered, not air-tight, just in the dark.

Regarding your question, why was it too compacted?  Maybe I had pressed the plant and soil into the pot a bit too much when I had first transplanted the seedling to the pot.  Or maybe I had watered this plant a bit too much.  I am not really sure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

20 March 2020

The plants have progressed to the point that some changes are visible.

Here is a view into the FloweringTent.  At the time of these photos, the lighting is sttill 18/6, and the plants have grown to approx. 15cm to 20cm in height.  After taking these photos, I changed the lighting timer to 12/12, so that as of 21 March 2020, these 4 plants will begin their Flowering time.  I have been feeding these plants in alternating weeks BioGrow, BioEnhancer, mineral-line Powderfeeding LongFlowering.

The plants are under LED-lighting in this photo. Back-right is SourDiesel (reg).  Front-right is SourDiesel premium (reg).  Back-left is K-Train 1.  Front-left is K-Train 2.

a_View in FloweringTent under LED light.jpg

Here are the same 4 plants in almost normal lighting of CoolWhite fluorescent tubes.

b_View in FloweringTent under almost normal lighting.jpg

Because of her fragile-looking appearance, K-Train 2 had not received a 2nd round of LST.  Therefore, she has grown higher than the other plants in this  tent.  What is particularly interesting about K-Train 2 is her leaf-structure.  Her leaves are very wrinkled.  Here are a couple photos of her wrimkled leaves.  After making these photos, timers were changed to 12/12.

c_Wrinkled Leaves of K-train 2.jpg

d_Wrinkled Leaves of K-Train 2.jpg

• Like 3