While we wait on the next test, here is my growroom as it currently stands

20 March 2020

And here is a view up into the Fluorescent Tubes of the VeggTent lightinng.  I did remove the UV-B tube, and I replaced it with a CoolWhite tube.  Now the VeggTent has 2 CoolWhite tubes and 2 Grow-spectrum tubes.

e_View up into the FluorescentTube lighting of the VeggTent.jpg

Here is a view of the plants in the VeggTent.  The back row is the 4 Chrystal regs).

A couple of the plants in their original germination pots began to exhibit signs of root-bound stress (one SourDiesel 3 and one Chrystal), so I up-potted them into new pots that are only a bit larger than the original pots.  Hopefully with the additional new soil they will further develop their roots.

f_View of the plants in the VeggTent.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a few images of her seed-laden colas.

b_Seeds_are Chrystal x Chrystal.jpg

c_seeds.jpg

d_seeds.jpg

e_seeds.jpg

f_seeds.jpg

I have hand-rubbed the seeds out of all the colas.

g_rub-results.jpg

I have saved all the rub-dust in the pink-colored aluminum can.

The rubbed-colas are saved in two pacan-cranberries cans.

h_rub-buds.jpg

The seeds (not yet picked-through and not yet totally dried) are currently drying out in this pretty tin.  This seed-batch will be called Chrystal Mama.

k_rubbed seeds.jpg

L_rubbed seeds.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

21 April 2020

Update again!

I know, I know.  It has been a while...

(I have been really busy at work, and I am so grateful that my employer's company hasn't been required to lock-down, equally happy that so far, not a single person in the company has been found to have COVID-19.  We keep our fingers crossed.)

The 2 SourDiesels and the 2 K-Trains in the flowering tent:  All four plants are well into flowering stage now.  Because a couple of the plants had stretched up nearly into the lamps, I removed the table-top on which they were sitting.  That allowed me to re-arrange them so that their top buds are all quite a bit more distant from the lamps (allowing for more stretch) and a somewhat more even canopy, collectively.

These plants in the FloweringTent have been fed using mineral line PowderFeeding(Long-Flowering), mineral line PowderFeedingFloweringBooster, and Bio-Bloom nutrients.  I have also been using water stored from the cleaning/emptying of my aquariums, so there is also a bit of natural fertilizers and minerals found within that.

1.  The K-Train 2 (which had the wrinkled leaves, and had received only one LST-training) has grown taller than all the other plants.  She stretched up to the lamps, so she now sits deeply in the flowering tent at the back left, and continues to stretch towards the lamps.

2.  K-Train 1 (not as tall) sits now on an upturned bucket at the front left.

3.  Both the SourDiesels are to the right.  SD-Premuim is not as tall as SD-1, so SD-Premium sits on an upturned bucket at the back right.

4.  SD-1 sits on a shorter upturned bucket at the front right.

a_View into the FloweringTent.jpg

Next, I will show you a few close-up photos of the buds of each plant.

• Like 3

21 April 2020

Here is the top bud of K-Train 2.  This bud was the closest to the lamps, so the pistils look a bit dried out.  Now that it is lowered away from the lamps, I do expect that over time, it should recover and begin throwing new pistils.  Notice that the wrinkling of the leaves continues, but it doesn't seem to bother the development of the plant.

b_Top bud of K-Train 2.jpg

Here is a photo of the top buds of K-Train 1.  Notice the tight nodal distance between the fan leaves within the developing colas (compared to the somewhat looser colas of the SourDiesels in the other photos that will follow).  This flat-plate-looking charasteristic reminds me a lot of Kaia Kush, although the leaves of K-Train are not at all as enormous as those of Kaia Kush.

c_Top buds of K-Train 1.jpg

Photos of the top buds of the SourDiesels will follow.

• Like 2

21 April 2020

Top buds of SD-Premium.

d_Top buds of SD-Premium.jpg

Top bud of SD-1.

e_Top bud of SD-1.jpg

On 20 April 2020, I had placed all the plants from the VeggTent onto my south-facing balcony to absorb the wonderful sun that we now have.  What I hadn't expected was the wind that would occur on that day.  Photos to follow.

• Like 2

21 April 2020

On 20 April 2020, I had placed all the plants from the VeggTent onto my south-facing balcony to absorb the wonderful sun that we now have.  What I hadn't expected was the wind that would occur on that day.  I returned from work to discover that those Vegg plants had received a heavy dose of HST (heavy stress training).

One of the four BIG Chrystals split centered down its main stem just below its original point of topping.  The wind ripped away many of the main fan leaves from the plants, and many of the remaining fan leaves appear to be wind-burned.  But I fear not.  Cannabis is a resilient weed, and I am sure they will all recover just fine with various artistic configurations.

Here are two of the BIG Chrystals mangled by the wind.

g_Chrystals mangled by wind on the balcony.jpg

Here are the rest of the wind-mangled plants from the VeggTent.  Two of the BIG Chrystals are at the back right, next to the gray wall.  Among the smaller plants are two SourDiesels, two feminized LemonSkunks, and the rest are Chrystals.  Various levels of wind-damage and leaf-loss.

But I am not worried.  They will recover.  The smaller plants of this photo are slated to be transplanted to guerilla locations sometime in early-to-mid May.

h_the rest of the plants from the VeggTent mangled by wind on the balcony.jpg

This year's guerilla grow will be a work of natural art. 

Four BIG girl Chrystals with limbs laying about willy-nilly would pose a challenge in the FloweringTent, so maybe one or two of them will need to be transplanted to the GlassHouse for a long, long summer Vegg and a late harvest in October.  We will see.

I will continue this thread "While we wait..." to keep you up-to-date on each of them if I can.  But soon we will all receive our special seed-packs from GreenHouse Seed Company, and we will begin our grow journals for testing the new strains:  Cloudwalker, Kong's Kush and Silverback.

Happy Growing everyone...

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Time for an update to "While we wait".

07 May 2020

First we look in the FloweringTent to see the progress of the flowers there.

No more aquarium water, I now mix the feedings using rainwater with BioBloom and Powderfeeding Long-Flowering and Booster.

The stretching has stopped for the most part.  Now they are fattening up.

a_View in the FloweringTent.jpg

Here are the top buds of SourDiesel-1 in LED light.  Following that are the same buds with the LED turned off.

b_top buds of.jpg

c_top buds of SD-1 with the LEDs OFF.jpg

With flash, the Trichomes glow.

d_top buds of SD-1 with LEDs OFF 2.jpg

07 May 2020

And now for a view into the VeggTent.  Remember that these plants had suffered a bit of wind damage and some cooler weather, so they might look a little sad.  But they are still OK.  They will certainly recover and explode in growth after they are transplanted to their outside locations where they will receive natural ground nutrients and my last watering with powderfeeding.  After that, they will be on their own with nature.

But for the moment, they cannot be placed outside in the sun, nor transplanted.  The weather this year has been strange with many cold nights for the past 2 weeks.  So for now, they have to remain cramped together in the VeggTent until warmer nights return after ~15 May.  So much for social distancing for these girls.

The second picture shows the wind and cold weather damage a bit closer.

m_View of the plants in the VeggTent.jpg

n_wind damage and frost bite, but they are still OK for later transplanting.jpg

• Like 1

12 May 2020

Well, well.  We have a male in the VeggTent.  One of the Chrystals...

Chop-chop. Gone.

The remaining plants are getting very close to showing sex.  Some of them have done so.  On some of the other plants I do see the white pistils of female plants.  So, even though these plants are sitting under 18/6  (or actually 24/0 for the past 3 days, my mistake), they are still entering pre-flowering stage.  I've gotta get them out of this tent and into real dirt soon.

This is what a male plant looks like in pre-flowering.  Little green balls (like American footballs, not Soccerballs), instead of little white hairs of a female plant.

IMG_20200512_074753.jpg

IMG_20200512_074835.jpg

• Like 1