SPANNABIS 2020 - CANCELED

Jose.gh

Hi friends, 

This year it seems that everything is complicated by the COVID-19. But, for the moment, everything is ok. Like every year, we are waiting your visit at the biggest Cannabis fair in Europe, Spannabis.

We will be at Stand 57 with many novelties and surprises. Maybe you can get some seed from our new genetics :drinks:

All information about the event: http://spannabis.com/barcelona/

unnamed.jpg

• Like 4

Jose.gh and OG.Naj, I wish that I could join you there.  Maybe next time.

I will certainly be following along.  Please upload lots of pictures of the fun.

And if you want to encourage Spannabis customers to become StrainHunter Forum members, I'll be right here to welcome them and help them to feel at home in the Forum.

• Like 3

Hi friends, 

The government of Catalonia has banned any event with more than 1,000 people. Therefore, the Spannabis fair is suspended until further notice.

Sorry for the bad news, we were just finishing our stand there to share good fumes. We hope it will be done again in a few months, if the organization decides so.

Awaiting further news. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Jose.gh said:

Hi friends, 

The government of Catalonia has banned any event with more than 1,000 people. Therefore, the Spannabis fair is suspended until further notice.

Sorry for the bad news, we were just finishing our stand there to share good fumes. We hope it will be done again in a few months, if the organization decides so.

Awaiting further news. 

Too bad we would be several coughing but not because of covid19

• Like 4

As I understand it is postponed until autumn, surely in September we will have Spannabis 😉 👍

Según tengo entendido se pospone hasta otoño seguramente en septiembre tendremos Spannabis 😉 👍 

• Like 3

Can't really puff-puff-pass in the current Coronavirus climate, so the only surprise for me is they left cancellation until today.

Sad for those who have spent a lot of time, money and effort on the original Spannabis dates though.

Gives me a few months to get myself sorted so I can afford the pencilled in Autumn Spannabis.

Keep safe & well.

• Like 4

From the Spannabis cancellation email:

“At all times we have ensured caution and safety and, as we have previously announced, we will adhere to the statements of the competent authorities.”

“We have tried as hard as possible to hold Spannabis normally, but under these circumstances, we have no alternative.”

They have not at all times ensured caution and safety. It was obvious to anyone with a full picnic of sandwiches that such an event was NOT wise in the current climate, and only an emergency law made them cancel it.

I really don't like such snake-oil sales persons after lining their own pockets. I hope all tickets, etc, are FULLY refunded instead of vouchers or such like given. I won't (need to) hold my breath. smh

• Like 1

I think marijuana not bad not good from covid 19. Here is small chance of dryness in nose and mouth of marijuana smokes it is can bit help to avoid infection but in other I belive here is no any special effects. it is not bad for using marijuana before to be infected, but after infection it does not make sense to use it and it is not comfortable at elevated body temperature. 

also there is little chance that, with the development of pneumonia, marijuana may slow down this process and reduce quantity of dangerous secretions in the lungs, but this is only theoretical. for example alcohol for sure does not helpfull from pneumonia maybe can be only worse. But against the virus itself, alcohol can have some small direct effectiveness.

so marijuana can be here as a first and last chance medicine here. but for people who just have this diagnosis but have no serious consequences it is better to avoid marijuana.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ganjalover said:

I think marijuana not bad not good from covid 19. Here is small chance of dryness in nose and mouth of marijuana smokes it is can bit help to avoid infection but in other I belive here is no any special effects. it is not bad for using marijuana before to be infected, but after infection it does not make sense to use it and it is not comfortable at elevated body temperature. 

also there is little chance that, with the development of pneumonia, marijuana may slow down this process and reduce quantity of dangerous secretions in the lungs, but this is only theoretical. for example alcohol for sure does not helpfull from pneumonia maybe can be only worse. But against the virus itself, alcohol can have some small direct effectiveness.

so marijuana can be here as a first and last chance medicine here. but for people who just have this diagnosis but have no serious consequences it is better to avoid marijuana.

Marijuana, smoked/bong (inhaled), with a respiratory infection like COVID-19, is not a good idea imv. Marijuana in edibles would be less bad, although there's talk from medical persons the anti-inflammatory properties of marijuana could be a good or bad things - jury is still out.

What's defiantly not a good idea in the current climate is puff puff pass, either a joint/dooby or a bong.  Additionally, a lot of medical marijuana users have underlying heath conditions so are at higher risk than those, let's say recreational smokers, whom may not have underlying heath conditions.

• Like 4

Disappointing for sure, but yes, that was the smarter decision to cancel or postpone.  I am a bit surprised that the decision came so late however.

The various Presenters must now tear-down their booths, pack up and return home.

Jose.gh, be careful, man.  Return home safe and healthy.

• Like 2

@OG.Naj Are the cannabis social clubs implementing social distancing (2 meters between patrons) and other precautions, such as not allowing puff-puff-pass; providing disinfectant wipes for bongs, etc, and other sanitary provision (for free)?

If they are, then they are at least acting socially responsibly. If not, they're what I call "snake-oil salespersons",  after a quick buck regardless the health and safety of their clients.

I'd *guess* 99% off them are in the latter category, but I'm not on the ground there to see and have only 'seen' via social media.

• Like 2

"

The regional government of Spain’s Catalonia asked Spanish central authorities to help it block access by air, rail and water to guarantee the confinement of the whole region due to the coronavirus epidemic, regional leader Quim Torra said.

“We believe all Catalonia needs to be confined,” he said in a televised news conference on Friday, adding that it was for preventive reasons to avoid a larger health crisis.

"

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-spain-catalonia/spains-catalonia-requests-regional-lockdown-over-coronavirus-idUSKBN210377

• Like 2

Yeah, 

Since a couple of days ago, clubs are closed all over Catalonia, all over Spain. Free movement is not allowed, etc...   

It is time to stay at home, at least for 15 days, to avoid the spread of the coronavirus.

Personally, I think this may take a little longer than two weeks... but we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Cheers mates

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Jose.gh said:

Yeah, 

Since a couple of days ago, clubs are closed all over Catalonia, all over Spain. Free movement is not allowed, etc...   

It is time to stay at home, at least for 15 days, to avoid the spread of the coronavirus.

Personally, I think this may take a little longer than two weeks... but we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Cheers mates

In the UK, there is talk of asking "older people" to self-isolate for four (4!) months! I'm not as old as an "older person" (they're 65+) but I think the 4 months is something to bare in mind.

With my tin foil cap on, perhaps government is sending a message of their intentions, ostensibly aimed at "older people" but with the number out there for everyone else to digest subconsciously (ie, meaning, the rest of us as well).

My advice is, germinate crops, including cannabis, but also crops that grow fast that one can munch/use as food. So instead of hording toilet roll (one can always go Thai and shower ones butt), go out now and buy vegetable seeds before the masses change their aim and go for the garden centres/garden centers close. Repurpose some of those old/spare cannabis grow lights and start sprouting veggies.

This has been a public information broadcast, ….

Happy Surviving the Corona Apocalypse, hopefully.

• Like 5

In belgium week-end  everything  close only foodshop can open but now whee are monday everything is open here i work with 300 peops from a lot of different culture and social klass is 1 sick confirmed an other friend of  mine work in a big car factory 7000 peops work there 24/7 there is 3-4 people sick but all the factory need to work money money money 

• Like 3