Laughing Buddha ( Fem) Photo

Jenji

Laughing buddha ladies are coming along nicely. It was a slow start due to my noobness lol. I definitely put them under stress. Not in any rush though. Their colour is finally looking good. I will take cuttings soon before flipping them to flower. They have a long flowering period ( 11-12 weeks). I am grateful I will be off for the summer months and able to tend them ^_^ 

IMG_1510.jpg

IMG_1501.JPG

IMG_1502.jpg

IMG_1507.jpg

• Like 2

Hello friend, I think they are in perfect condition to put them into bloom. I think that with ten days is enough to achieve the objectives that I am looking for, which is to get over the fence quickly and create very long internodal distances as you can see in my follow-up after  the fourth week of flowering the growth is slower and the location of the flowers begins to be marked but with the mantle well selected and formed above the fence leaving all the lower part free for air recirculation

_________

Hola amigo creo que están en perfecto estado para ponerlas en floración yo creo que con diez días es suficiente para conseguir los objetivos que busco que es llegar por encima de la reja rápidamente y crean unas distancias internodales muy extensas como puedes ver en mi seguimiento después de la cuarta semana de floración el crecimiento es más lento y se empieza a marcar la ubicación de las flores pero con el manto bien seleccionado y formado por encima de la reja dejando toda la parte baja libre para la recirculacion del aire 

• Like 1

@Jenji ur plants are looking nice an healthy great job :good:

Good question bout giving the plants time to recover after taking cuttings for clones, if you in no hurry to flip them its probably worth giving them a couple of days to recover before you flip the photoperiod to 12/12.

Even if you don't they should be OK because they really start growing as they stretch to make room for the buds, I usually still feed veg nutrients in the first 2 weeks of flowering then I start to give them some bloom feed and by then they have almost stopped stretching and have started building bud.

Hopefully someone else with more experience will provide their thoughts and advice.

• Like 2

@gasmeter Perfect, thank you :) That is what I will do then. Maybe just a day or two as like you said they will stretch. Thank you for the tip on the veg feed for the first bit of flower period. Makes sense with the stretching. I'm trying not to feed the plant directly but rather the microbes in the soil but was thinking of "cheating" a bit with some  organic gaia green power bloom for the flowering period, especially where it is such a long flowering. I can't imagine there are enough amendments in the soil to take them the whole way without adding some food. Something I'd like to experiment with down the line. Cheers! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jenji said:

@R.G.S Awesome! Yes, I'm excited to flip them to flower. I'm going to take a few cuttings for clones beforehand. Should I give them a few days after I cut before putting them to flower or it doesn't matter? 

It doesn't really matter if you don't cut to much  

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Jenji said:

@R.G.S Awesome! Yes, I'm excited to flip them to flower. I'm going to take a few cuttings for clones beforehand. Should I give them a few days after I cut before putting them to flower or it doesn't matter? 

Yes, depend of how much you take and where you take the cutting.

If you take the cutting with the lower stem is ok to flowering directly.

If you take cuttind with the apical stem is better to let the plant recover 7-10 day and after switch to bloom.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Last week I took some cuttings and on the advice of @OG.Naj I gave the girls a week to recover from the stress before flipping to 12:12. I gave the clover a trim and trimmed off a few of the lower leaves/smaller branches at the bottom and  added rouchly 1/4cup of Gaia Green Power bloom to hopefully take these girls through their long bloom stage of about 11 weeks. 

They are standing pretty tall at around 1foot 9 inches and that is with the netting. I have ordered another net to hopefully keep these girls as low as possible. Can't have them hitting the lights!

Also, installed a 6" AC Infinity inline fan for outtake and attached that to a 6" Vivosun carbon filter. It's been sooo humid here lately and I'm struggling with keeping humidity low ( it is hovering between 80%-90%) and I know that's not good. I will bring in the de-humidifier today. 

Oh and just after flipping to bloom cycle ( of course) I've noticed two leaves are looking wonky. They are each on separate plants. I've inspected closely for pests but did not find anything ( that doesnt mean they arent there). Please let me know what you think about the damaged leaves and should I be concerned??

Hope you are all well and healthy! @Cannabissapean missing you friend! 

IMG_1625.jpg

IMG_1630.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1629.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg

IMG_1620.jpg

IMG_1622.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

• Like 3

Hi brother,

Dont worry for the two leafs if they are the only one with that... just watch the next few day if that stay like this or if you have more leaf damage.

Your plant looks amazing healthy, you make a nice training job on her, well done!

• Like 2