Shaggy's COVID-19 discussion/infomation sharing

ShaggyGrower

I'm going to start this thread off with this report from Imperial College in the UK. This is the report which cause the UK government to change strategies and ramp up the UK response considerably. It makes for VERY sombre reading:

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/medicine/sph/ide/gida-fellowships/Imperial-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf

• Like 1

DO NOT TAKE ANY non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as Ibuprofen, UNLESS it's already prescribed to you by your doctor. Then, talk to your doctor immediately about it.

Asprin is also a NSAID. Don't take combination remedies that have NSAIDS's in them - read the label!

Paracetamol is ok. Paracetamol is not an NSAID.

This advice coming from lots of sources now, do your own research. I'm a messenger, not a doctor.

Edit: Update on NSAID advice from the NHS (UK):
"The NHS website previously recommended both paracetamol and ibuprofen, but has since changed its advice to say that while "there is currently no strong evidence that ibuprofen can make coronavirus (Covid-19) worse... until we have more information, take paracetamol to treat the symptoms of coronavirus, unless your doctor has told you paracetamol is not suitable for you."

The NHS also says that people who are already taking ibuprofen on the advice of a doctor, should not stop taking it without checking first."

My own theory is that NSAID's create "cytokine storm syndrom" within the patient, ie, the bodies immune system is fighting COVID19 via inflammation, and the anti-inflammatory properties of NSAIDs fights back against the bodies immune system. A battle-loop is formed (cytokine storm) and the patient is fucked (non technical term).

Cytokine Storm Syndrome: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30628-0/fulltext

• Like 3

Google that its the reference of a patent about corona covid-19 where iys cleary wright with patent from official laboratory on real official site :

brevet : ep 1694829 b1

Brevet is patent in french 

Its not joke its a association of corona and sras virus they work on that virus from 2003 in a laboratory in wuhan its a laboratory  where all the dangerous virus of the world are stocked now think wath want its not my problem  but today i call the doctor because i go from my work because iam nervous personne and i feel not  good at work with situation like that even the doctor don't accep me at there work to chek me they onli  aske me at the phone about wat i feel and give me  certificat ( paper for work to stay home ) by mail somthing is on iam not stupid everywhere they go crazy in every country  iam close to hospital all hospital with my work my co worker can't go work in some  hospital (technic work )  all because they are ready for the épidémie 

• Like 1

I don't like gouvernement  ,dictator ,.....

they all use us like animal even if whe are animal  they are so many scandale radioactif thing , war .... i don't even want to think in future for the next generation with all the crazy sick sientist , army ... gouvernement  , president ..polution surpopulation...

@g22 For nervous people, I advise to stay away from social media and the news. Additional news is likely to inflame their nervousness which does nobody any good. So as well as the good advice to self-isolate physically, self-isolate mentally as well. Talk to you plants and keep the hands busy gardening, the mind will follow. Take care and be well.

(I make nervous people, more nervous. I "mansplain" and converse in tone/manner that irritates many people. I am who I am and express myself as best I can while being me. I've been out of doob for 2 weeks now, so my ADHD means my brain is in overdrive and my talk is quick and not measured for "tone". I don't "womansplain" nor do I effectively communicate to the nervous, thus, I irritate and cause them to feel worse rather than better when passing knowledge to them. C'est ma vie.)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, g22 said:

I don't like gouvernement  ,dictator ,.....

they all use us like animal even if whe are animal  they are so many scandale radioactif thing , war .... i don't even want to think in future for the next generation with all the crazy sick sientist , army ... gouvernement  , president ..polution surpopulation…

I don't have a problem with being governed per se. I have problems with some individuals whom govern. A system (government) is an inanimate object, given life by people.

People who don't like governments, imv, are people looking for someone to blame. Does them no good overall, just makes them more frightened of "them".

There are good people in government as well as bad. Try not to generalize as you'll likely be shooting yourself in the foot. Do what you want though, it's our life / mental wellbeing.

• Like 2

One to blame ? I don't like  this and they are to much problem everywhere in the  10 year comming whee alle have to change or way of living in europe iam sure that gone give a lot of problem the coming 10 year and other country that change nothing i go back to my bed i have ead hash of all those stupid thinking and toilet paper sick 😂

@g22 It is good that you were able to get a doctor's note to work from home. I feel you on the stresses of our current situation with government and environment. It can be overwhelming.  @ShaggyGrower 's advice is good. Staying away from social media as much as possible and tending to plants/relaxing. Keeping stress levels as low as possible is really important for immunity. Practicing gratitude is really good for this. We cannot concern ourselves too much with what is yet to come, and we cannot change what has already come to pass. We can only do our best in the now. Stay informed but keep calm ( however you like to do so). For me it's a little wine, my sunroom, plants, and kitties <3 I'm grateful to have all those things and we are all still here and breathing so we have that too. Hope you both stay safe and well :) Cheers. p.s I hope it's okay that I've intruded into your convo. I have been following and felt a little creepy just reading and not participating. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Jenji said:

@g22 It is good that you were able to get a doctor's note to work from home. I feel you on the stresses of our current situation with government and environment. It can be overwhelming.  @ShaggyGrower 's advice is good. Staying away from social media as much as possible and tending to plants/relaxing. Keeping stress levels as low as possible is really important for immunity. Practicing gratitude is really good for this. We cannot concern ourselves too much with what is yet to come, and we cannot change what has already come to pass. We can only do our best in the now. Stay informed but keep calm ( however you like to do so). For me it's a little wine, my sunroom, plants, and kitties <3 I'm grateful to have all those things and we are all still here and breathing so we have that too. Hope you both stay safe and well :) Cheers. p.s I hope it's okay that I've intruded into your convo. I have been following and felt a little creepy just reading and not participating. 

I now feel fortunate for the social distancing and social isolation experiences I have passed through over the past number of years. Today, that is valuable experience and I feel empowered by it. It's a strange old world.  I have a couple of hundred bottles of wine from when I went a bit wine-collecting mad a few years ago, most are now ~10 years old - bonus.  I have harvests to come,  a solar power generation/storage kit I built last year for my Meshbox Ladies that may come in handy, and I've managed to secure myself a job in what is now an "essential service". My job training starts next Wednesday, and by Saturday I will be working on my own with remote help from the company - another bonus, and will help me mentally and physically. I'm geared to help myself and to help others where I can. I'm fully motivated. All I need is luck in not catching COVID19 and further luck that if I do, I will not suffer the severe/critical symptoms. Time will tell and Lady Luck with have her way.

Best wishes to everybody whom deserves best wishes; the kind, thoughtful and compassionate. The rest will gain Darwin Awards me thinks.

• Like 4

Watching this video may save your life, imv. It concerns the misuse of Ibuprofen, Asprin (NSAIDs) and Paracetamol which are used to lower fever. Fever is a natural body response to fight bacteria and viruses. My additional theory (not proved in this video, or in Dr John Campbells other videos I have watched thus far) on "Cytokine Storm Syndrome" makes more sense with his knowledge and my research. Cytokine Storm Syndrome is accelerated by the increased use of NSAID's and Paracetamol for the reasons I have explained in earlier posts.

• Like 2

On 3/19/2020 at 10:34 AM, ShaggyGrower said:

I now feel fortunate for the social distancing and social isolation experiences I have passed through over the past number of years. Today, that is valuable experience and I feel empowered by it. It's a strange old world.  I have a couple of hundred bottles of wine from when I went a bit wine-collecting mad a few years ago, most are now ~10 years old - bonus.  I have harvests to come,  a solar power generation/storage kit I built last year for my Meshbox Ladies that may come in handy, and I've managed to secure myself a job in what is now an "essential service". My job training starts next Wednesday, and by Saturday I will be working on my own with remote help from the company - another bonus, and will help me mentally and physically. I'm geared to help myself and to help others where I can. I'm fully motivated. All I need is luck in not catching COVID19 and further luck that if I do, I will not suffer the severe/critical symptoms. Time will tell and Lady Luck with have her way.

Best wishes to everybody whom deserves best wishes; the kind, thoughtful and compassionate. The rest will gain Darwin Awards me thinks.

That is awesome that you are so well prepared and willing to help others! I've got plenty of of social distancing under my belt ( bit of a shut in outside of work) but unfortunately I did not heed the warning from one of my sisters many weeks ago. She has been saying for a  long time to prepare for this and now I'm scrambling to find simple things like rubbing alcohol. I haven't much wine but it should be enough lol. Sticking to edibles for now and focusing on keeping my immune system strong. A sore throat hit me a few days ago ( I had grown comfortable weeks prior and was smoking too much weed and drinking too much wine). First day it was barely sore and the second day it felt like strep. After the sore throat though I smartened up and today is day two of feeling tired but no fever and the throat is barely sore. ( drinking lots of tea and stealing the humidifier from my Boston fern 'Bob' helped). They aren't really mentioning the sore throat but I'm finding people are saying this is how it started for them, so be mindful of that. For strong immunity feed your gut flora ( eat the rainbow) and some chaga and reishi tea doesn't hurt either ( sipping on some now ^_^) Any fermented foods are also good and of course B vitamins, D3 +k2 vitamin, and C. I took a drive yesterday just to get out of the house and there were so many people out and about in groups, not just children! Very strange times we are living in. Best of luck with your new job and of course wishing you good health <3 

• Like 2

Hi Jenji,

I'm turning in to a bit of a prep-er. Not a complete hoarder as that would entail standing in queues with The Great Unwashed (hands, lol). Just trying to keep one step ahead, hence the trip to the garden centre a couple of days ago  (which was not busy, or I'd have turned back home). My car is quite good a providing me with Vitamin D production, as well as turning into a giant bucket with the roof down:

Giant_Bucket_For_Covid.thumb.jpg.0e281c17d180b199a2103802110f69a4.jpg

The above seedling plants are  tomatoes (3 x 3 varieties, mangetout, and radish) are in my veg (which is a veg!) area in the wardrobe in my room (light is a Mars Hydro TS600) in my room (in the shared house I live in. An ensuite  (just shower) bigger room has become available so I'll be moving into that in the next couple of days). I also picked up a variety of seeds (spinach, lettuce, seed potatoes, etc) some of which are showing shoots already. The potatoes I'll start off today:

DSCF0203_edit.thumb.jpg.4da56e0dfd62a24345ead3e92b40a26e.jpg

I've my cannabis ladies in my Cannavan (Week 4 of flowering for the new 2020 Paradise Seeds genetics; 2 x El Dorado OG and 2 x Sunset Paradise):

DSCF0182_edit.thumb.jpg.f2b23c5aac0dafda88647ad2efef877b.jpg

DSCF0170_edit.thumb.jpg.71ec1597c35649af4bc1af1a34ed3032.jpg

... and my gents guerrilla growing near where my Meshbox Ladies where late last year (on a fenced off south facing railway embankment). Below is my own cultivar called BloodHaze (Bloodberries male [SubCool Seeds] x Delahaze female [Paradise Seeds]):

IMG_20200322_115731_edit2.thumb.jpg.79ff49b66139c285ba45817275f517bc.jpg

If you can, order stuff over the internet so you don't need to be around other people or order it for pickup. Hope your sore throat turns out to just to be from too much smoking week (although I'm in two minds whether it's best to catch COVID19 now while there are ICU beds available or gambling for later, when I doubt there will be). A good balanced diet will help your immune system be the best it can be - it's can't be boosted any more than that. Everyone has a different immune system level, but everyone can keep theirs up to be-the-best-it-can-be level by a balanced diet and a bit of sunshine (or Vitamin D supplement, for more northerly latitudes) - you look on top of that, more so than me.

I'm still vaping, which is my Achilles heal (I make my own vape juice, just 4 ingredients, PG, VG, 3ml nicotine, flavour). I've been out of doob for nearly three weeks now. Sleeping is very difficult. Got a scratchy sore throat the day after I only had 2 hours sleep, and had an oh-fuck moment (aches as well). Gone now, so I think it was lack of sleep and prep-ing muscle aches). I bodged/McGyvered the rotten floor in the shed that's in the back yard of the shared house I lived In yesterday so that was quite a bit of exercise/prep as well. 

My new role will be as a delivery driver for a company that delivers for group of supermarkets (not quite the jet setting IT consultant roles I've been doing the past 30 years, but a job is a job and I feel fortunate to have got it - strange old world), so I'll be in a pre-loaded van delivering [by myself] to peoples doors (not stepping inside their dwellings) my working day, handing the van keys over when finished (no unloading) and driving home and tending my veggies, ladies (every so often, they're an hour away) and gents (15 minutes away and between the work depot and home).

Best of luck with keeping yourself safe & well.

• Like 3

Good info, thanks for sharing.

Actually nothing is known yet, about ibuprofen, other medications, etc... it's all conjecture. In my case, I'm also a nervous person, so I avoid seeing the news, headlines, etc... 

We must try to have a normal life, this will last several months and we must be mentally strong. Sport at home, watch movies, talk to friends (tf/videoconference), etc...

If your head gets paranoid, it is better not to take marijuana or any other substance. It is better to have some lime blossom and talk to a doctor about receiving anseolytics.

Don't let anyone be scared by the media, we all know they like to make firewood out of fallen trees and now more than ever, they are handing out fear for free all day long.

• Like 4

Shaggy, 

That is pretty inspirational! Your new position is nothing short of heroic. I think aside from getting hit really hard by this virus the second greatest fear for people is not being able to access food/essential goods. I've actually been wondering how to properly extend my gratitude to the postal workers here who have been delivering our products. Aside from groceries I'm doing all my shopping online atm. I've got a cart full of grow supplies ready to go, just waiting to find out about my future financial situation before I pull the trigger. I work for the public school system ( specialize in students w/ special needs). Our union is currently in discussions w/ Govern. to determine how we move forward. There has been mention of being "deployed" to other government sectors. So there is a good chance that I could also find myself in a position that is unfamiliar. 

Your veggie grow is also inspiring me. If there was ever a time to start growing your own veggies, this is definitely it! We have a mad amount of deer here so I'll have to figure out a fence for the yard. Time is on our side at least. 

Your cannabis plants look really nice! I hope one day I can become established enough to create my own cross. Something to aspire to :)

I've attached a few pics of my green pets. Some fresh new leaves, a few blooms, and the first true leaves on "the babes". ^_^ Hopefully all goes to plan with them.

I hope it's okay that I share my orchids/non cannabis plants. I promise more cannabis related content is on the way soon! Right now it's just the true leaves and my soil base ( which I will post under the journal).

This is Begonia maculata whightii w/ a nice fresh leaf.

IMG_0584.thumb.jpg.afaa1830e44572f6815762fdab7f7715.jpg

Brassia 'New Star' Galaxy ( smells like birthday cake!)

50311021_10161265249770510_3114053891797286912_o.thumb.jpg.9a8e679718a079ed82b969cecfe916ad.jpg

New leaf of Monstera Deliciosa * The new leaf looks unscathed which bodes well since I've been battling spider mites. ( no worries i'm well on top of it and by the look of this new leaf I'd say it's working) * knocks on wood*

IMG_0583.thumb.jpg.5f66136d7ba049eb507ec1654fdf5bd0.jpg

One of the babes; Laughing Buddha by Barney's Farm

IMG_0553.thumb.jpg.1d71e2ea2c077022442d7e7a046a3e77.jpg

Brassavola 'Yellow Bird' Amazing nighttime fragrance on this one! Oh and special appearance by Sweet Boy Lars

IMG_0576.thumb.jpg.de020893826757c289e59778637d0c13.jpg

The fresh snow that fell last night.

IMG_0588.thumb.jpg.e3d0c77315931dffdd024b318ad616b5.jpg

• Like 6

I'm defo no hero @Jenji, not compared to medical staff. I'll be hiding away in my van. Granted, delivering essential goods, but as far away from people as I can stay.

Here's the car today after I tended to my ladies in the Cannavan. I was moving all the pots I could lay my hands on from my stash that's kept at my mates (where my Cannavan is located, in his back garden). A 8000btu air conditioner (for the summer), 50l of Shogun Fertilisers for my vegetables I'll be growing in those pots at my shared house home back yard, three tents (8x4, 4x4 and 3x3) with lights & extraction fans and filters.

IMG_20200324_145900_edit.thumb.jpg.8ac3bd202ce69fba56cace386cb0e8cb.jpg

My cars name is The Giant Bucket, you can see why :-)

Here's one of the Paradise Seeds new genetics (into Week 5 of flower now):

DSCF0216_edit.thumb.jpg.876fafc160e676f17f15ed4e5d2984d8.jpg

Your pics looks lovely.

Best way to say thanks to the delivery persons is to stay as far away from them as possible, and give them a sincere wave of thanks from behind a window, imv  :-)

I decided to make my own crosses last year (late August) when I failed to impress any seeds sponsors to send me more than a three pack here or a five pack there. My financial position meant I could not afford to buy any. Still would love to grow auto's this summer but have none, so might try to look into breeding some next if I cannot source a generous sponsor who will barter a bunch of  their seeds for my social media work(s).

All the best, ShaggyGrower.

• Like 4

I just read a report from an official Belgian newspaper on a large university hospital in Brussels and they test all the patients of the hospital and 10% of the patients testing positive on covid-19 are  positive without even realizing that they are sick 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, g22 said:

I just read a report from an official Belgian newspaper on a large university hospital in Brussels and they test all the patients of the hospital and 10% of the patients testing positive on covid-19 are  positive without even realizing that they are sick 

Yup, many people have COVID19 and are "asymptomatic" ("asymptomatique"), ie, not showing any symptoms of COVID19.

This is why the WHO is saying test, Test, TEST!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cannabissapean said:

That video causes me to wonder whether the COVID-19 might be a virus that the Wuhan Virus Research Center had captured, but maybe it had escaped the facility.

Hmmmmm…

If you're into conspiracy theories, check out the one that says the Americans brought it over to Wuhan, China, when they sent a team to the 2019 Military World Games which were held in Wuhan on 18th October 2019. Connected to that are the unexplained vaping deaths that started in the US starting around 24th August 2019, allegedly the first COVID19 deaths, with similar symptoms to COVD19.  That's the most plausible of the tin-foil cap conspiracy theories I've read.

Enjoy your down time research those, and don't forget to wear tin foil caps.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/covid-19-further-evidence-virus-originated-us/5706078

• Like 3

@Cannabissapean

Maybe hoe know

Wat i know i work in forestry in the past and lot of tree specie are sick .

Somesick comming from  lfungus and gnats coming out of container of some country where all the factory cutting the tree of all the world and  build everithing for everywhere for less than uss and break hour industri .

for mining resources is the same story  I know that there is a lot of sencure in their country. The dictatorship has power as against the Thibet.

but its just a flu 

maybe we are all guilty of the situation

Edited by g22