Flogrown66 introduction

Flogrown66

Hi everyone. I love growing and i love smoking. But i especially love smoking what i grow. So here i am. Ive only got a few grows under my belt so ive got soo much to learn. im supprised i havent ran into this site before now . i registered here because , just look at the size of this website and forums. So much info and pics and vids. I hope i can add to that in a good way. I document my growa with pics,vids and a notebook. Its hard for me to remember what i did yesterday forget about a week ago. By grows i mean 4 to 6 plants at a time. Just enough for me and my friends. Right now i have 4 White LSD (White Widow / Ruderalis ). They are 60 days old and full o buds! Oh btw they are autoflowers so they will be ready to harvest in about 3 more wks. Id read a lot about autoflowering seeds so i had to try em. Props to MSNL seed co. Ive never had a prob w them and they are definately cheaper than most of the other large, reputable seed co. ive looked at! Just a tip . check em out. Ive got em in a 2.5 by 8 ft. closet. Ill try to include some pics. 

20191207_190839.jpg

20191210_132752.jpg

IMG_9661.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum, Flogrown66.  You have a wonderful-looking Set-Up, and healthy-looking plants.

I expect that with your already-demonstrated abilities to foto and document, that we have welcomed a valuable addition to our membership.

Keep up the good work, and let us watch how you do it.

P.S., MSNL is located in the Netherlands.  They can deliver to mainland Europe easily enough.  However, ordering to the U.S. would be tricky or even fool-hardy considering the much stricter laws and Customs Inspection methods.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi again. After i started this thread, i had a major problem w my email and i lost password so i kinda gave up but i found it and thought i should let u know how this grow ended. Plus i wanna thank OGNaj and Catwoman for taking the time to welcome me! My last pics showed them at 60 days well they took 30 more for total of 3 mo. So they were in 3gal pots fed them FFTrio & cal/mag. Both every other water at half to 3/4 strength and they never had burned tips. Very hearty plants .Plus they were very thirsty! I used1/3 compost, 1/3 potting soil, the rest pearlite, peat moss and worm castings. The problem is that i used 2 crappy $70 each, 131w each,burple lights. They actually got the plants 3/4 of the way thru. They couldnt give the plants the coverage or the energy they needed to develop the buds correctly. They looked alright as far as the buds go, until u look thru a usb microscope then u see how strange the tricombs grew. Afew buds had clear and amber but no cloudy. Due to lights all 4 grew diffrently. Really shows how much less light they need for the vegetative stage and even to start flowering  but need so much more for the trics to go thru thier stages consistantly.Despite that i got 2-3 oz dry from each plant. I cut two of the colas off little early to have a more even canopy. Bud rot got to the hugest cola on largest plant. I was so suprised, i pulled the cola to open it up some ans all i see is white cotton like mold inside whole thing. anyway,  i like the Mars Hydro TSL 2000 for $259. Id better hurry up cause i just planted 2 pinapple Kush and 2 Lemon Haze in same closet. 2.5ft by 4 ft (not 8) Ill Put that grow in the Indoor Gropw section.  Also where is a good place to buy seeds that will ship to states? Id like to try some cool strains in future.

20200112_141244.jpg

20200112_141057.jpg

20200114_104502.jpg

20200118_114326.jpg

20200118_114344.jpg

20200118_203555.jpg

20200119_212752.jpg

20200119_212803.jpg

20200120_154730.jpg

20200121_162324.jpg

20200121_195511.jpg

20200121_195548.jpg

20200130_093702.jpg

• Like 5

Hey really nice job and pics, @Flogrown66.  Nice mini-growjournal / 2 posts.  Your results look really good.

Now that you have again found your password, stay with us and return from time to time.

We look forward to further journals from you if you want to post them.  Please feel free to read through some of our journals, and join in on our discussions if you want to.

Happy smoking!

P.S.  Flogrown66, if you use the symbol "@" before a member's name (and also "click" in the pop-up), it will tag that name in such a way that that member will be notified that you mentioned them in that post.  That will encourage them to go to that thread to read what is being said about them in that thread.  Often, that results in the conversation going further.  I will do it here for you so that @OG.Naj and @Catwoman will both receive a Notification that you had mentioned them (in this case, that I had mentioned them).  They might respond to you within this thread or maybe also in a private message to you.  Wait and see.

This is just an example to demonstrate for you one of the features of this forum.  There are many many more tricks to learn here.

Another very important feature is called "follow".   Let me know if you want to know more about the "follow" feature or any other features of the forum.

• Like 2

Thanks @Cannabissapean for the "mention".

Wow! @Flogrown66, impressive results.

Sorry about the bud rot.  I see that your temps were at 82°F and humidity at 46%.  I would suggest that upon your plants entering flowering stage, it would be best to allow (or to push) your temps and humidity lower to prevent bud-rot.  This also mimics the conditions that the plant would optimally experience as it enters Fall. 

So, what are you going to grow next?  Something from GreenHouse?

• Like 3

That looks like i nice harvest @Flogrown66!

Have you a circulation fan in your room. If you dont have maybe you can plan to instal one, thats a nice prevention for the bud rot too. 

You can also use this link "grow-journals-indoor" for your next growth publication. You will be able to see others there and surely find good info ;-)

• Like 3

@Cannabissapean ,I never let Google save my password but i made an exception lol. Kinda thought that noone would see that post because i stuck it to an old thread so thanks for forwarding it and for the usefull tips! And thank you @Catwoman and @OGNaj , your both right but until i get a proper tent and ventilation set up , im stuck using this closet & I do have a desktop fan on the floor facing up and a 5" clip on fan above the lights pushing hot air up thru a 3ft by 2ft opening to the attic. I dont know what id do without that huge hole in ceiling. Its just so hot here in summer. I just bought a dehumidifier. Ive been thinking about buying a small a/c unit on wheels . I even have a 5" duct attatched to half of the a/c vent in ceiling going inti closet,lol. The more i think about it, maby the hot air isnt flowing into attic. Ill have to check that out.  and thank you @Jose.gh for compliment.    I actually started mu next grow last wk with Lemon Haze and Pinapple Kush and i was excited cause  the compost ive been making  this past year was ready to use and i did . All  seeds sprouted and got an inch tall when i realized i forgot to sterilize before i made up my mix so now i have a huge fungus gnat problem. A bean sprouted up in 2 diff pots,lol. I fucked up. Oh well, live and learn. I checked out GreenHouseSeed Co  and will order from them next time. Good Selection of autoflowers and good prices!  Ok, Much Love everyone !

20200118_114700.jpg

IMG_9303.JPG

• Like 1

Tricks against Fungus Gnats:

1.  Get some natural sand, washed of course, not from saltwater shores, dried.  Coarser sand is better than round sand.  Use this sand as a one-time top-dressing over your growing medium to prevent or reduce thrips and fungus gnats.  The sharp edges of coarser sand discourages the adults from laying eggs there, as well, it causes difficulty for hatched pests to emerge from the soil.

2.  Use GreenHouse BioLine products.  Grow/Bloom/Enhancer tends to foster a mycorrhizae that also seems to work against soil-hatching flies.

Edit 03 March 2020:  (I cannot offer any clinical evidence to this claim.  I am only explaining my experience with the BioLine of products.  Whereas before, I may have claimed elimination of thrips and fungus gnats, I must now state that there is a significant reduction of these pests, not a complete elimination.  I do still believe that a significant mycorrhizae growth on the surface of the soil does have a significant beneficial effect.)

• Like 1