Kong's Krush Test Grow 2020 - Completed

35 minutes ago, gasmeter said:

Yeah @OG.Naj nobody has manage to germinate a single Kong's Krush bean so far its a shame it looks and sounds like an interesting 

Testing new genetics is very interesting. They come always with good surprises or sometimes with bad... 

Unfortunately bad germination is one thing that can happend

Keep it strong brother !!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gasmeter said:

@R.G.S no, solo elegí una cepa conmigo al comenzar el 4 Cheese en mi tienda de campaña. Pensé que no sería codicioso y solo probaría 1 cepa y haré un par afuera y las otras una vez que finalice la carrera de Cheese, por lo que parece que mi prueba es va a terminar antes de que comience.

@R.G.S no I only chose one strain with me just starting the 4 Cheese in my tent I thought I will not be greedy and just test 1 strain and do a couple outside and the others once the Cheese run is finished, so its looking like my test is going to be over before it started.

Curious but yes, then you are the first to end the follow-up 👏, better to look at the matter on a positive side 😉 👍 

Curioso pero si, entonces eres el primero en finalizar el seguimiento 👏, mejor mirar el asunto por un lado positivo 😉 👍 

• Like 2

It looks like there is a problem with this batch of the Kong's Krush beans I just checked the Green House Seeds store and they have set Kong's Krush as out of stock which has the effect of disabling the shopping cart for that particular product.

So I am going to have a look at my stash of beans and weigh up plan B for out doors.

• Like 3

When I check on the 3 Kong's Krush beans this morning I can see there is absolutely no change.

09may-2020-kk-beans.thumb.jpg.cc480ba79c3e093d3b2f0bb24e6c2458.jpg

So I crushed the beans and flushed them down the toilet with the kitchen roll.

I have put 2 Passion #1 hermie beans on fresh kitchen roll I have dampened with spring water.

5eb67d4d35efd_09may-2020-p1-beans.thumb.jpg.93a755effc212bd5e89228d1b532f721.jpg

Hopefully they will germinate in the next couple of days.

So my test grow of Kong's Krush was over before it started, but as @OG.Naj pointed out these are the ups and downs of testing new strains sometimes things do not work out.

Thanks for the chance to participate and good luck to everyone with your test grows I will be keeping an eye on proceedings. :good::pleasantry:

• Like 6

@Cannabissapean it will be interesting to see if your Kong's Krush will be the one to germinate and thrive, but I won't be holding my breath as we wait.

@ShaggyGrower inner luv for the kind words

Yes I was thinking its like a germination competition with the Kong's Krush beans, its now a 2 horse race there is only you and @Cannabissapean in the running.

Hopefully it is only this batch of beans it looks a really nice strain I was looking forward to checking the banana terps

Those Silver Back beans germinated well they look really vigorous compared to the Cloud Walker but they have also germinated OK as well.

The Silver Back beans remind me of the Iggy Pop tune Lust For Life

• Like 4

This morning one of the Passion #1 beans had cracked its shell casing and this afternoon the second bean has also cracked its shell casing and the first one has started to push out its tap root so hopefully the second will do the same thing. :good:

I was looking at the beans from the commercial collie that I am pretty sure was Exodus Cheese and the beans look big compared to the beans in the GHS packaging they are maybe 3 times the size they are big ass beans for sure ha ha ha...

I am thinking about popping a couple.

• Like 5

This morning when I checked the Passion #1 beans both of the beans have pushed out their tap roots over night.

5eb9126061c58_11may-2020-p1-germinated.thumb.jpg.3774a7dd3ee63330d3301bcad9ca69fa.jpg

I soaked 2 Root It sponge plugs in water them squeezed out the excess water and then I cut them and sliced them from the centre down one side with a pair of scissors to make it easy to gently place the germinated beans in the sponges with tweezers.

Then i placed the sponges in the little black plastic pots which I cut away from the tray of little pots and dripped some spring water on the sponges then I placed them directly under the fluorescent tube in the cupboard.

Now it is just a case of waiting for them to do their thing an come earth strong.

Happy growing... :pleasantry:

• Like 3

I'm sorry about the bad experience with KK. Obviously there's a problem with this strain, we're all working on it. If you want new strains, just give me a shout.

Thank you for your work and exposure of the problem, it's really helpful to us.

Have a nice day bro

• Like 2

@Jose.gh feel no way bro as @OG.Naj pointed out testing has its ups and downs I am just glad to have helped to expose the problem.

Of the other 2 strains I think testing Silver Back would be my best option, Cloud Walker looks really interesting but reading how much they stretch would probably cause problems.

What is the flowering period for the Silver Back and what powder feed is recommended hybrid or short flower?

• Like 2

On 13-5-2020 at 11:44 AM, gasmeter said:

@Jose.gh feel no way bro as @OG.Naj pointed out testing has its ups and downs I am just glad to have helped to expose the problem.

Of the other 2 strains I think testing Silver Back would be my best option, Cloud Walker looks really interesting but reading how much they stretch would probably cause problems.

What is the flowering period for the Silver Back and what powder feed is recommended hybrid or short flower?

maybe an idea to bend them if they stretch too much ?

• Like 1

On 13/05/2020 at 11:44 AM, gasmeter said:

My advice is to use the Hybrid nutrient whit the SilverBack line. Because it is a hybrid cross. If you look on the base strain  the Silver Pearl. (Early Pearl x Skunk#1x Nothern Lights)

Maybe @Jose.gh have other advices or more infos ;-)

• Like 2

Yeah, I also think that hybrids are the best choice in nutrients for this strain.  

To be honest, I haven't grown this strain yet. I'm finishing my current cultivation, so I can start with the new strains. I will also follow up here on the forum, now I have already germinated some seeds.

I will personally use hybrids with this strain. I hope it will be helpful to make the right decision.

Enjoy the day bro :drinks:

• Like 2

@Jose.gh inner luv for the information bro that's good to know if I get some Silver Back beans I will use the hybrid powder feed :good:

I will look forwards to checking out your journal what strain or strains are you going to try?

It would be nice to see images of your current grow :pleasantry:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/5/2020 at 18:03, gasmeter said:

@ Jose.gh amor interior por la información hermano que es bueno saber si obtengo algunos frijoles Silver Back usaré la alimentación híbrida en polvo :bueno:

Esperaré con ansias revisar tu diario, ¿qué cepa o cepas vas a probar?

Sería bueno ver imágenes de tu crecimiento actual :broma:

I think a little bit of everything hahaha They're on their way, I just haven't had time for the pictures. I'll put some up this weekend so we can get started.

• Like 3