Kong's Krush Test Grow 2020 - Completed

Time to get my journal going for the 2 X Kong's Krush outdoor grow.

Here is the info about the grow kit and nutrients I will be using.

Strain

2 X Kong's Krush = Green House Seeds

The seeds are feminised.

Growing Medium

BioBizz Light Mix

The soil is fresh out of the store.

Pots

3 inch and 6 inch plastic pots (seedlings/young plants).

Root Pouch fibre pots 16 litre.

Plant Feed

Green House powder feeding mineral nutrients and additives.

28april-2020-ghsc-mineral-grow.jpg.7584f2e97208b8730d83fc8759dd7709.jpg

Grow

N-P-K-Mg: 24-6-12(1.2)

Designed specifically for the vegetative growth stage of all plants.
Its formula provides optimum development throughout the growth-stage to obtain greener, stronger and more resistant plants.
Grow faster, greener and more vigorous than ever.
Ideal for the production of cuttings. The easy assimilation of nutrients and the high Nitrogen content provides plants with a more robust and branched structure.
The great thickness of the leaves accumulates more reserves, stimulating rapid rooting of cuttings.

https://shop.greenhousefeeding.com/grow-bag.html

28april-2020-ghsc-mineral-hybrid-bloom.jpg.e7ef42f0ecd79ea580bf8cf70628a6f9.jpg

Hybrids

NPK: 15-7-22

The Hybrids feeding contains less ammoniacal nitrogen and higher amounts of magnesium which is beneficial for Hybrid varieties with a flowering time of 8-10 weeks and plants grown in hydroponic systems..

The higher amount of magnesium and sulfate stimulates the production of essential oils, terpenes and flavonoids.

https://shop.greenhousefeeding.com/hybrids-bag.html

28april-2020-ghsc-mineral-booster.jpg.0a8b88dbc95d4fc6c4460759078c0afe.jpg

Booster

0 - 30 - 27 PK+

This additive is especially formulated to provide the right amounts of Phosphorus,
Potassium, Magnesium and micronutrients to increase flower and fruit production.

https://shop.greenhousefeeding.com/booster-en.html

Kong's Krush is hybrid strain according to the information available in the Green House Seeds store.

More updates to follow, happy growing... :pleasantry:

• Like 6

My pack of 5 Kong's Krush beans arrived this morning much to my surprise when I checked the delivery companies web site and used the tracking tool it reported that the package was in the UK but nothing more, so I just thought it would be tomorrow or Thursday when the package would arrive.

Kongs Krush beans packaging unopened.

28april-2020-kk-package-virgin.thumb.jpg.5a516375ec466524da40d87ac63deb27.jpg

Kongs Krush beans packaging opened.

28april-2020-kk-package-open.thumb.jpg.4e3637b0849ad17ad9b6c6de1c770de4.jpg

After opening the packaging and taking photos I then got a piece of kitchen roll and folded it up and then placed it into a plastic food container and dripped water on it to make it nice and damp and then I placed 2 of the Kong's Krush beans between the kitchen roll to germinate them.

28april-2020-kk-beans-paper-container.thumb.jpg.6c0cb7b105b50f0c09f1acfa6df34f84.jpg

Kong's Krush beans on kitchen roll close up.

28april-2020-kk-beans-close-up.thumb.jpg.6914fba1e80e8ca87ee28f3fcf142868.jpg

After placing the Kong's Krush beans between the damp kitchen roll I then placed the lid on the plastic food container and then I placed it in a drawer under a hand towel so it is not too dark and not too warm or cold.

28april-2020-kk-bean-container-drawer.thumb.jpg.fa8931310b00c168790f3e377467634f.jpg

I decided not to bother to start the germination process by soaking the beans for a few hours I decided to play it safe and just put them between damp kitchen roll from the start, I seem to have problems when I pre-soak so hopefully things will go smoothly.

Now it is simply a case of waiting for the beans to pop once they crack their shell casings I can put them into Root It sponge plugs and get them both under the flourescent tube for a few days and then into the grow tent under the LED with the Cheese girls.

Then once they are a few weeks old I can get them outside and hopefully the weather will be better its a bit grotty at the moment all cloudy and wet, but it hasn't rained for a few weeks, since the damn lock down the weather has been nice most days so hopefully it will continue.

More updates to follow, happy growing... :pleasantry:

• Like 8

Both of the Kong's Krush beans are still sitting between the damp kitchen roll and neither has cracked its shell case.

They are probably still sucking up enough moisture to germinate and swell up enough to crack the shell casing.

It is just a case of waiting for things to take their natural course.

In the past before using this method I successfully germinated seeds by placing the kitchen roll inside a glass to line the glass then I would put a bit of water in the bottom of the glass and it would wick up the kitchen paper and keep it damp, and I would place the bean between the glass and kitchen paper.

And I never put it in a dark place usually I would leave it on a window ledge and it worked every time and if the bean was upside down you could see it turn itself round and grow upwards and I don't remember ever soaking the beans before putting them between the kitchen roll and wall of the glass.

Since I discovered Green House Seeds and this forum I have tried their method soaking the beans first and in the most part things have gone well, but I have definitely had quite a few beans drown probably when they had sunk when being soaked.

The problem with soaking them is when the beans have sunk unless your checking regularly you may not know how long they have been at the bottom of the glass of water, this applies especially if you leave them over night you have no way to know when they sank so they could have laid at the bottom of the glass all night long.

So I decided I would not bother to soak the beans this time to avoid any chance of me drowning them.

Happy growing... :pleasantry:

• Like 5

Time for a quick update on the 2 Kong's Kush beans.

Both of the Kong's Kush beans are still sat between the damp kitchen roll and there has beeen no change.

I think they keep pressing the snooze button.

So it is just a case of waiting for them both to do their thing and germinate hopefully sooner rather than later.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, gasmeter said:

Time for a quick update on the 2 Kong's Kush beans.

Both of the Kong's Kush beans are still sat between the damp kitchen roll and there has beeen no change.

I think they keep pressing the snooze button.

So it is just a case of waiting for them both to do their thing and germinate hopefully sooner rather than later.

I'm waiting for my three Kong's Krush to stop snoozing and germinate as well. All five of the SilverBack have got a wiggle on with lovely tails and are now in pots.

• Like 4

Time for a progress update on the Kong's Krush beans.

Since I got the beans on Tuesday they have both been sat between damp kitchen roll for 5 days now and by the look of them I am not holding out much hope that they are going to do their thing and germinate.

03may-2020-kongs-krush-beans.thumb.jpg.b1e6151c69ead976bcbc0b56619faa00.jpg

Considering that when @R.G.S tried to crack the shells on some he is germinating they exploded and there were just white particles it really does not look good at all nobody who is testing the Kong's Krush has managed to germinate any beans.

The beans have the right conditions and they are all brand new so they should do the business and germinate.

I am thinking I will give them until tomorrow and then I will put the other 3 beans between the damp kitchen roll along with these 2 beans and see what happens.

:search::dontknow:

• Like 3

If friend @gasmeter I did not think that my problem was to germinate because I usually have a success of almost 100% so these seeds are not very valid in my opinion, I hope that green house does not give much validity and  even remove the packs they have, we are testers brother we have to do our work no matter how hard it is, my decision I think is more than obvious what the kk are 💩

_________

Si amigo @gasmeter no pensé que mi problema fuera germinar por que suelo tener un acierto casi del 100% asi que estas semillas no son muy válidas para mi parecer, espero que green house no le dé mucha validez e incluso retiren los packs que tienen, somos testeadores hermano tenemos que hacer nuestro trabajo por duro que sea, mi decisión creo que ya es más que obvio las kk son 💩 

• Like 2

@R.G.S sí, creo que tienes razón, parece que hay algún tipo de problema con estos frijoles Kong's Krush, me alegra ver que lograste poner en marcha un par. Trataré de raspar las envolturas para ayudarlos a reventar y ver si esto ayuda antes Pruebo los otros frijoles

@R.G.S yes I think your right it is looking like there is some sort of problem with these Kong's Krush beans, I am glad to see you managed to get a couple going I will try scraping the shell casings to help them pop and see if it helps before I try the other beans.

• Like 3

They are running for a moment and stop in their tracks and listen to idle but the machines are not moving, they are in slow motion 😂 😂 😂 I laugh for not crying

Están en marcha un momento y pararse en seco y se escuchan a ralenti pero no avanzan las maquinas están en cámara lenta 😂 😂 😂 me río por no llorar

• Like 3

No change today with the Kong's Krush beans neither has cracked its shell case.

Both of the seeds are a dark brown from soaking up moisture from the kitchen roll.

Before I try the other 3 seeds I decided to scrape the shell casings with a sharp scalpel to help moisture get in the shell case.

The kitchen roll is nice and damp so I will leave them for another day or so before I think about trying the last 3 beans.

Hopefully this may do the trick but I am not holding out much hope for them.

:dontknow::search:

• Like 4

Well, I take note of this problem for further investigation. I hope you can put more seeds and try again, it's really interesting to detect this kind of problem. Thank you very much for updating and explaining.

Have a nice day mate

• Like 4

Last night when I checked on the Kong's Krush beans the larger bean had cracked open slightly and I could see the white tap root inside the shell casing, but there was no change at all with the smaller bean.

This morning when I checked the beans at 6.30am I expected that the larger beans shell casing would have a tap root poking out of it. but there was absolutely no change with either the larger bean and the smaller bean had not cracked open.

I picked up the larger bean and I could clearly see the tap root within the casing and I was able to easy open the shell casing to reveal the baby seedling inside.

05may-2020-kk-baby-bean.thumb.jpg.2c79dbe4e5a0be4a6044c89deafb6781.jpg

So I decided that it was now time to try the other 3 Kong's Krush beans and see if they will germinate, so I got the remaining 3 beans and a fresh piece of kitchen paper and some spring water.

I crushed the first two beans and then flushed them down the toilet along with the kitchen paper, then I wiped the inside of the plastic container placed the new folded kitchen roll inside and squirted some spring water onto the kitchen paper to make it damp.

Then I took each bean and roughened the surface with a piece of glass paper and then I placed then onto the damp kitchen paper and then I placed them back into the drawer under a towel.

05may-2020-kk-new-beans.thumb.jpg.7b52621c0cb391f5c4949470d26f6eb3.jpg

Maybe these last 3 beans will germinate, maybe not, I won't be holding my breath as I wait that's for sure. :search::dontknow:

• Like 4

This morning at 06.30am when I got up and checked the 3 new Kong's Krush beans I was pleasantly surprised to see that 2 of the beans have cracked their shell casings, but the third bean has not cracked its shell case yet.

The two beans on the left and right have cracked their shell cases the middle bean is unchanged.

06may-2020-kk-2-beans-popped.thumb.jpg.c48f996b2b2daaf41fcaae06506d9635.jpg

So it looks like roughening the surface of the Kong's Krush beans is the way to go to help them to germinate.

I have my fingers and toes crossed hoping these 2 beans will survive and thrive, if the third bean pops it will be a bonus.

:whistle:

• Like 6

This morning when I checked the Kong's Krush beans at 06.3am when I got up I could see that the bean in the middle has cracked its shell casing, but the bean on the right has not grown over night and the tap root is not poking out of the shell casing.

The bean on the left that cracked its shell case yesterday with the bean on the far right has not closed up and the tap root within the shell casing is no longer visible, it looks like it has dropped out.

Here are a couple of images I took of the beans at 10am this morning.

Bean on left now closed up, bean in middle crack shell case, bean on right tap root still visible but hasn't grown.

07may-2020-kk-beans-000.thumb.jpg.492217f3ffaddedc2b40dc848a59e936.jpg

The tap root on the bean in the middle looks black or a dark colour probably something stuck to it.

07may-2020-kk-beans-001.thumb.jpg.2fe793372c8b23fdcd1c9fe34758e0d6.jpg

Looking at the bean on the far left the fact the shell case is closed so it looks like the little bugger is dead.

The bean on the far right is also worrying in that the tap root has not grown since yesterday, I would expect the tap root to be poking out of the shell casing today.

So I will give the bean in the middle and the bean on the right a bly and let them run a few more days to see if they thrive, but I really do not hold out much hope for either of them.

It really looks like these Kong's Krush beans are not viable :bad: :cry:

• Like 2

This morning when I checked the Kong's Krush beans there does not appear to be any progress since last night.

08may-2020-kk-beans-000.thumb.jpg.a78cc3c53c1bf568e2aabd053e06859c.jpg

I dripped some spring water on the kitchen roll to keep it damp, I will leave them for another day to see what happens.

But from the evidence so far it does not look good for them. :(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gasmeter said:

This morning when I checked the Kong's Krush beans there does not appear to be any progress since last night.

08may-2020-kk-beans-000.thumb.jpg.a78cc3c53c1bf568e2aabd053e06859c.jpg

I dripped some spring water on the kitchen roll to keep it damp, I will leave them for another day to see what happens.

But from the evidence so far it does not look good for them. :(

Bad business friend @gasmeter did you not choose another variety apart?

_______

Mal asunto amigo @gasmeter no escogiste aparte otra variedad? 

• Like 4

@R.G.S no, solo elegí una cepa conmigo al comenzar el 4 Cheese en mi tienda de campaña. Pensé que no sería codicioso y solo probaría 1 cepa y haré un par afuera y las otras una vez que finalice la carrera de Cheese, por lo que parece que mi prueba es va a terminar antes de que comience.

@R.G.S no I only chose one strain with me just starting the 4 Cheese in my tent I thought I will not be greedy and just test 1 strain and do a couple outside and the others once the Cheese run is finished, so its looking like my test is going to be over before it started.

• Like 3